Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? (6693 Views)

Poll: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud?

Completely Fraud: 42% (53 votes)
Somehow A Fraud: 11% (14 votes)
Its A Fraud: 11% (14 votes)
Its Not Really A Fraud: 16% (21 votes)
Its Not A Fraud: 19% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Heart Touching Post On Ex President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's Facebook Wall / Jonathan's Facebook "friends" Critical Of His Unkept Pledges / Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook Status About Settler/indigene Issue In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by NNFire(f): 9:25pm On Sep 29, 2011
There was this argument before on whether President Goodluck Jonathan was actually the one responding to people's comments on his facebook profile. The way the President continued to respond convinced many that he was actually reading people's comments. But now a blunder has occurred on the Jonathan facebook, which has exposed the fact that someone else is 'running things" on his profile.

In the latest post on Thursday 29th September, 2011, the President used his facebook to 'advertise' one of his advisers, Oronto Douglas, in a manner that was unethical for a President. Read the post as follows:
A great lover of Nigeria, her people and her environment, I welcome a patriot, Oronto Douglas, to facebook. GEJ

Then he goes on to advertise Oronto Douglas like this, at least just the excerpts:

Oronto Douglas; is a leading human rights attorney in Nigeria, and served as one of the lawyers on the defense team for the Ogoni leader Ken Saro Wiwa, who was executed by Nigeria's military rulers in 1995. Douglas co- founded Africa's foremost environmental movement, the Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria and has served in the board of several non profit organizations within,  and outside Nigeria. Though he has been arrested and tortured by successive military regimes, he continues to work for and speak out on issues of social justice in a corporate- military state. He was the first Niger Delta activist to be hosted by a serving American President – he presented the Niger-Delta struggle at the White House to President Bill Clinton. The point is a President would not use his profile to advertise his surbordinate, so that post possibly was done by Oronto himself or someone under his control. So is the facebook real?
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by idupaul: 10:12pm On Sep 29, 2011
I saw that earlier today and wondered what it was all about , It didn't make any logical sense as to why the prez will want to use his FB page to welcom a subordinate to FB . Seems GEJs FB handlers have no iota of respect for him :: soon someone will use it to wish his girlfriend happy birthday
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Jarus(m): 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2011
I have never for once thought that it was GEJ that writes all those things. Clearly, someone is doiing that for him.

As for today's quote, either Oronto was the one that wrote it himself or he has been able to penetrate the person that writes GEJ's updates to use the platform to promote him.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by wesley80(m): 10:53pm On Sep 29, 2011
Funny I didnt read any silly comment from clowns when Gej used his platform to advertise the works of Reno Omokri. Now he's doing same for Douglas and there's got to be something fishy? Oronto Douglas is a respected member of the Gej team and there's nothing wrong with helping him out with some publicity, esp when it is hoped that his page wld draw some of you away, we all know he's pretty good in unmasking morons and doesnt suffer foools kindly!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Relax101(m): 12:19am On Sep 30, 2011
I saw the update and didnt bother to read it. I think someone is trying to project those guys because they were bashed in recent weeks. The account, I think is fake.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Beaf: 1:04am On Sep 30, 2011
wesley80:

Funny I didnt read any silly comment from clowns when Gej used his platform to advertise the works of Reno Omokri. Now he's doing same for Douglas and there's got to be something fishy? Oronto Douglas is a respected member of the Gej team and there's nothing wrong with helping him out with some publicity, esp when it is hoped that his page wld draw some of you away, we all know he's pretty good in unmasking morons and doesnt suffer foools kindly!

Do you mind them? Ignorant people will always behave like what they are. Oronto Douglas was rated as one of Africa's most powerful movers and intellectuals, even before he got into govt.
On the other hand, some might know how smart Oronto Douglas is and are shivering and shaking at the prospect of such an intellectual colosus wiping out their hairy butts very publicly on facebook.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by tpia5: 2:04am On Sep 30, 2011
I'd be surprised to find out gej is the person posting on facebook?

I'm sure someone else was hired to do all that.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 30, 2011
Beaf and his cronies are the emumu's running that fraud. I don talk my own. And do you know who Jomo gbomo is? your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by wesley80(m): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2011
^^^ My guess is you're his daughter. Hope that's as good as yours?
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by olawalebabs(m): 9:08am On Sep 30, 2011
So our president have time to facebook, with the avalance of problem facing us, no wonder he said the system is collapsing. All the posts on his wall are far more than what the president can compose, there is some body doing that for him.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by daroz(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2011
what are ur parametals?
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by maclatunji: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2011
Wesley80 ko Beaf ni.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by olawalebabs(m): 9:49am On Sep 30, 2011
daroz:

what are your parametals?
he said it himself https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-770221.0.html
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Jarus(m): 9:56am On Sep 30, 2011
diluminati:

Beaf and his cronies are the emumu's running that fraud. I don talk my own. And do you know who Jomo gbomo is? your guess is as good as mine.

LOL @ e-mumus
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by wesley80(m): 10:28am On Sep 30, 2011
maclatunji:

Wesley80 ko Beaf ni.

Nne gi ko Mpa gi ni.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Ben13: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2011
Where is Beaf?? grin grin
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2011
Ben-10:

Where is Beaf?? grin grin

on GEJ's facebook page typing away grin
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by frenchman2: 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2011
very funny,
see how easily we nigerians are fooled.
how on earth would you think the president of a whole country be making post on fb
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Jarus(m): 1:50pm On Sep 30, 2011
Jarus:

I have never for once thought that it was GEJ that writes all those things. Clearly, someone is doiing that for him.

As for today's quote, either Oronto was the one that wrote it himself or he has been able to penetrate the person that writes GEJ's updates to use the platform to promote him.

But I will not call it a fraud, when someone updates a FB profile for president. It's normal to me, as it is hardly feasible for a president to be updating his profile at such frequency.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by highland(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2011
i know he is not the real person managing the page.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 30, 2011
Why don't the man create his own Facebook than using the president?I think the president Facebook is genuine but run by his closed person or worker.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by uulove(f): 2:30pm On Sep 30, 2011
How can attend to fb when Nigeria is on fire?Definitely not him.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by walcolm(m): 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2011
Guys,

he is the president so you dont expect him to personally post 100% of the time, i believe he has someone who manages that profile for him but he is in the know what goes in there.

dont forget he had a youth forum in lag just before the campaign where his communication minister made the blunder of saying he brought facebook to nigeria

so that profile is not fraud
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by megastu(m): 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2011
This just shows that the fact that not only that Jonathan doesnt write on his page. He actually doesnt even read it. Very apalling.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by logica(m): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2011
You have to be extremely silly to think he personally writes updates on Facebook or think it's a fraud because he doesn't. What does he have PA's for? You think all those celebrities on Facebook write their updates? Or you think they are the ones who respond to fan letters?

The only tool I believe quite a number of celebrities actually write their own updates is Twitter and it's because it's very simple; and they are usually very young (present generation) celebrities so they are used to the tool.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by mikeywise(m): 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2011
it might interest u to know dat the person dat updates the president's facebook page doesnt even stay here in nigeria.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Odunnu: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2011
"Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook page a fraud?''
No it is not!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Chyz2: 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2011
@ Topic, duh!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Orikinla(m): 4:25pm On Sep 30, 2011
gej has conned you all. ;d
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by Drlumi: 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2011
Clearly, it is a fraud. GEJ definitely wouldn't have the time to type away on Facebook. Without meaning to be condescending to him, I doubt if he even knows how to operate the account.

It is normal for someone in his position to have someone- or a team- taking care of such matters. But it is a lie to claim that he is the one doing it. If you check through Obama's website, you will be told clearly that it is funded and updated by a group (his campaign organization or so). Same goes for his Twitter page. The Tweets composed by Obama himself are indicated to show that he wrote them himself. All other ones are written by his team. I guess it would be the same for his Facebook page.

That is how it is supposed to be. We don't expect the President to spend all his time on Facebook. But we don't expect him to claim he does when he doesn't. Imagine a president coping with bomb blasts also having the time to tell us about Oronto Douglas. It's not realistic. I can even remember a time when GEJ said something contradicting what his FB status was and he had to ask people not to attribute to him, things he didn't say. A simple acknowledgement that the page is run by so and so would do him a lot of good.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by carexxx: 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2011
When you think of a hit track or making a hit, just take a cool walk to SaxiRecords,
Check us out at www dot saxirecords dot com as we are set to thrill the WORLD, listen to our songs from our site and pls leave your comments and likes, we will appreciate.
its all about good music, its all about good style, its all about high intentions,
its all about sincere efforts, its all about intelligent direction, and skillful execution.
its all about producing good MUSIC at saxi-records. Its just all about SaxiRecords
want to make a hit? CONTACT: 08059978991, 08169152647. come!!! lets do MUSIC.

JUST CALL: 08059978991, 08169152647, 08076427699.
OR VISIT OUR SITE @: WWW dot saxirecords dot com
OR simply send us a message @: info@saxirecords.com
COME LET MAKE HIT TRACKS!!!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? by deols(f): 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2011
!t is normal for someone else to do the updates for him. But it wuldnt sound as a fraud if no personalisation is involved. Such words as I or We could be exchanged for 'the president. . . At least, that is what happens on Mitchelle Obama's wall.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Govs Move Against Planned Removal Of Immunity Clause / Ondo 2020: PDP Says APC Is Jittery / Bode George Video:Tinubu Psychiatric Disorder Affluenza Make Him Steal Manically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.