Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness (35467 Views)

President Tinubu Approves Adjustment Of 25% Peculiar Allowance For Health Worker / I Didn’t Say Peter Obi Rigged Election - Chief Ndubisi Nwobu, PDP Witness / Presidential Tribunal : My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian- Pdp’s Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Web2020: 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
It's amusing when adults think like kids. To believe that Tinubu will lose in court must be associated with low IQ and emotional intelligence level.

Hope is not enough to stop Tinubu.

The Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court will not cancel the elections or declare another candidate winner.

Stop wasting your resources, keep your house together and fight back in 2027 at the polls.
Because you know you are in the animal kingdom when there is no law
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by lildush(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2023
GOFRONT:
grin

Nothing concern me and Tribunal matter.

Na how to enter Sweden I dey reason now. Sweden dey sweet me to go now.

My brother am with u on this 1.. how far have u gone
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by ragna1991(m): 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:
It's amusing when adults think like kids. To believe that Tinubu will lose in court must be associated with low IQ and emotional intelligence level.

The Court of Appeal or the Supreme Court will not cancel the elections or declare another candidate winner.

Stop wasting your resources, keep your house together and fight back in 2027 at the polls.

The question is not if he loose the case or not, the issue is what is the right thing to do,, should constitution be in place and proper judgement be ,, will he or not.

You thoughts and thinking is of a child.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by richie240: 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
Spirit04:
the day I read Obi's petition, that was as far back as March I said the court will burst into hysterical laughter when they bring up this FCT talk
You never see chun-chin.
Obidients that will argue and prove to you how his 'bloda' who scored 1% in an exam is faaaaar better than u that scored 99%?

He will garnish and polish the 1% he scored and talk only of how dull u are bcus of d 1% u missed.
Obidients?
Hian!
cool

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Zico5(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
obailala:
You say "we are talking what's written in the constitution and not one man's opinion." So within the limits of your understanding, the 1999 constitution is one man's opinion?.... You've just exposed yourself as the empty headed illiterate you talk about.
We will see who is ignorant at the end. Tinubu will rule u for eight years then power goes back to North. As for ur Obi, he has laboured in vain
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by fijihems: 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
datola:
All these lawyers are learners.

How can an ordinary FCT that's not even uqual to a state in status form the main basis of winning Nigeri's presidential elections..

I'm even more surprised the once respected Olisa Agbakoba is also alluding to the same folly.

The FCT is a true reflection and representative of the federal character, where tribal and religious sentiments are not expected to play a major role. Winning the FCT is a true reflection of an unbiased popularity of any contestant.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 8:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

Mandate Thief talking. Is it your resources we are wasting. Thieves
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by obailala(m): 8:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
Zico5:

We will see who is ignorant at the end. Tinubu will rule u for eight years then power goes back to North. As for ur Obi, he has laboured in vain
Whatever the court chooses to rule and whether Tinubu rules for 4, 8 or 16 years, it doesnt change the fact that you're the empty headed olodo who was confusing 1999 constitution for 1 man's opinion.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by AfonjaPriest: 8:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
Consider this - If Abuja is a state:
1. It must have a state governor;
2. It must have commissioners;
3. It must have Local Government Areas;
4. It must have have 3 senators in the Senate; etc.
If Abuja is a state, then why was it shortchanged with those above?
Abuja is a special creation of the Federal Government. It has a special status bestowed upon it by the Constitution. It is a special baby with special features. Treated differently by the government, you cannot go there and claim it is your tribal land like those regional Tribalists, who are fond of putting such statement in their tribal anthem.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by kelly72: 8:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

Those of you who serve a mortal as God will be rattled by the hard fall of the scammer who has held you spel for bound all your life.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by mod9: 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
[ It is not based on your opinion of what is right or wrong. That is what the law says. Until that clause is amended, the fact remains that if you don't score 25% in FCT you can't be legally declared as winner. They all know this. Iquote author=datola post=123588917]All these lawyers are learners.

How can an ordinary FCT that's not even uqual to a state in status form the main basis of winning Nigeri's presidential elections..

I'm even more surprised the once respected Olisa Agbakoba is also alluding to the same folly.

[/quote]
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Hessem: 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

Chief Judge of the world have spoken.
God
Jesus
Muhammad
Shee all these na your name?

Cow
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by IfnobeGod20: 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

This kind of mentality is what has kept this country backward for long, because people believed they can do anything, whether legally or illegally and still get away with it. No country survive under injustice and fairless.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 06, 2023
More proof the constitution is 🗑️. The worst is that stupid every Nigerian has the right to every state rubbish. Throw the whole thing away
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Kbidi: 1:41am On Jun 06, 2023
datola:

Read the constitution very well and in between the lines. Take note of the word 'AND' where appropriate
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Ifogift007: 5:42am On Jun 06, 2023
N3TRAL:

Agbaya...go and buy Ur normal 1 liter of fuel ⛽⛽⛽⛽

Abi ur money don finish

Spits
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
obailala:
Whatever the court chooses to rule and whether Tinubu rules for 4, 8 or 16 years, it doesnt change the fact that you're the empty headed olodo who was confusing 1999 constitution for 1 man's opinion.
You are a brilliant mind no doubt. But do you sincerely believe that the spirit of the constitution wants compulsory 25% electoral requirement for the FCT before someone can be declared winner?
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by obailala(m): 3:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
You are a brilliant mind no doubt. But do you sincerely believe that the spirit of the constitution wants compulsory 25% electoral requirement for the FCT before someone can be declared winner?
It's not about what the authors of the constitution intended, its not even about what makes sense; it's more about what's written in the constitution.

Oh yes, the 25% requirement in the FCT doesnt make any sense; I had this very discussion on this forum right before the election on the impropriety of that "25% in FCT" requirement... there're also many provisions in the constitution that just make no sense. The authors of the constitution may have intended something else, but the language used in the document clearly says something else.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by garfield1: 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
obailala:
It's not about what the authors of the constitution intended, its not even about what makes sense; it's more about what's written in the constitution.

Oh yes, the 25% requirement in the FCT doesnt make any sense; I had this very discussion on this forum right before the election on the impropriety of that "25% in FCT" requirement... there're also many provisions in the constitution that just make no sense. The authors of the constitution may have intended something else, but the language used in the document clearly says something else.

True because it is ambiguous and nonsensical,the judges will now look at the intendment and spirit of the constitution.they will also do a holistic and community reading and compare with the 1979 constitution.the judges themselves have severally stated that where a statute of the constitution is confusing,they will apply the most commonsensical meaning for the author's do not intend confusion

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
obailala:

This then settles it, because those saddled with the responsibility to interpret the constitution are expected to do so in a manner that aligns with what the authors truly intended particularly as that very line is ambiguous.
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
garfield1:

True because it is ambiguous and nonsensical,the judges will now look at the intendment and spirit of the constitution.they will also do a holistic and community reading and compare with the 1979 constitution.the judges themselves have severally stated that where a statute of the constitution is confusing,they will apply the most commonsensical meaning for the author's do not intend confusion
This settles it absolutely. I pity anyone still arguing in the contrary
Re: Presidency: Lack Of 25% In FCT Disqualifies Atiku, Tinubu - PDP Witness by Qoko: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
datola:

You have added emotion to your comments cos you’re my Yoruba brother but if we’re to be otherwise, you and I will say that they are cheating Yoruba cos the Judge is from the North.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Set To Become Next OPEC President - PM News / Wike Places N200 Million Bounty On Perpetrators Of New Year Day Killing / Presidency Alerts On Fake Tweet Making The Rounds ..femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.