Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must (6112 Views)

Tribunal: Full List Of The Supreme Court Judges Who Declared 25% In FCT A MUST. / Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani / Own Goal: LP's Badly Designed Logo Has Disfranchised Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Gilgil: 10:23pm On Jun 05, 2023
Give him 400 billion budget to conduct one.

Seems you don’t see the stupidity of the argument for INEC who had all the money and all the time yet failed to conduct a free and fair election

solmusdesigns:

He talk say simple election hahahah

Which one you don conduct before not to talk of Africa's largest democracy
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by BOYS2MEN: 2:18am On Jun 06, 2023
Just like you can't see the contradiction in your sentence.....no b juju b dat? grin
No na jazz
tamdun:
Olodo,Inec is just try to let pdp witness see the contradiction in how own argument
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by pandax: 5:53am On Jun 06, 2023
garfield1:

The summary is that pdp witness failed.what the inec lawyer did is irrelevant

Both failed,Obi's lawyers will use their failures to strengthen his case

2 Likes

Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Minime10(f): 6:10am On Jun 06, 2023
SalamRushdie:
The Independent National Electoral Commission INEC today at the presidential election court sitting in Abuja, the nation’s capital argued that for a candidate to be declared as president-elect, the candidate must score at least 25% of the votes cast in the Federal Capital Territory.

INEC made this known through their lawyer while cross-examining a PDP witness at the tribunal on Monday Afternoon. While cross-examining the witness, INEC lawyers had asked, Do you realise Atiku didn’t get 25% in the FCT? The witness responded Yes. INEC lawyers asked further, Since he didn’t get 25% in the FCT, do you know he can’t be declared president? The witnesses responded, But Tinubu didn’t get 25% too & you people declared him President.

Section 134(2)(b) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) is clear and unambiguous, direct and simple. It states that a candidate must secure 1/4th (25%) of votes cast in 2/3rd of the entire 36 States of Nigeria “And” 1/4th (25%) of votes cast in FCT. Both the Candidates of the PDP, Atiku Abubakar and Bola Tinubu of the APC did not meet this constitutional requirement.

It is now left for the nation’s judiciary to interpret this contentious section of the constitution as both the PDP and LP challenge the election victory of the APC at the presidential Election Court sitting in Abuja.

Source https://www.parallelfacts.com/breaking-inec-lawyers-25-in-abuja-is-mandatory/

"EYE NECK" lawyer was trying to be smart by half🤓 and ended up scoring an own goal🤓

2 Likes

Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Successdude(m): 7:06am On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:

He talk say simple election hahahah

Which one you don conduct before not to talk of Africa's largest democracy

Well, first I'm glad you accepted the election wasn't simple for inec .........

And secondly, you dey ask which one wey INDIVIDUAL done conduct. . . .

Atleast we can see the reasoning of such a person / persons supporting inec - this one is comparing an individual to an organization/body.
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Christistruth03: 7:46am On Jun 06, 2023
Fake News

25% of Abuja simply means non Abuja Voters are wasting their time voting because only Abuja will

Choose the President

2 Likes

Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Benwallt(m): 7:50am On Jun 06, 2023
All the odds are against Obi;
1st. He scored the lowest vote
2nd. In case of rerun, it will be between Tinubu and Atiku
3rd. He is unqualified.
4th. He didn't get 25% in 26 states.

End of the road.

4 Likes

Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by mbos: 7:56am On Jun 06, 2023
GeneralPula:

I guess you didn’t read the whole story..

Under cross examination by counsel to the All Progressives Congress (APC), Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), Madaki admitted that FCT is like any other state.

The same witness latter agreed Abuja is just like any other state!
Inec lawyer not APC lawyer
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by SenatePresdo(m): 8:14am On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:
cool

Una no Sabi Sarcasm of INEC lawyer

He just finished PDP witness

1st: Tinubu came first with 8 million votes and 25% in 30 States Won 12 States

2nd: Atiku came second won 12 states with 6million votes

3rd Obi came 3rd with 6 million votes in 12 states

Na mumu people wey liked this your comment i dey laugh at.

You used Sarcasm that you don't even know the meaning.

Pinpoint the sarcasm in Inec lawyer's statement na.. grin
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by SenatePresdo(m): 8:16am On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:

And Obi no get 25% in 2/3 which is 26 states

He got 14

So he is finished

That's exactly why nobody won, and Tinubu shouldn't be declared president.
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by solmusdesigns: 8:25am On Jun 06, 2023
SenatePresdo:

Na mumu people wey liked this your comment i dey laugh at.

You used Sarcasm that you don't even know the meaning.

Pinpoint the sarcasm in Inec lawyer's statement na.. grin

I have explained to Obi supporters but they live in an alternative universe

Let me show you how cross examination works for the last time... It's only for intelligent people

A lady filed a Rape case at CID Iyaganku Ibadan

The guy was charged to court and he insisted he was innocent

So the Lady was called to the dock and the guys lawyer began examination

Question 1 : who was the guy to you
Answer 1: My friend

*Question 2: How come you stained the guys bedsheets when we checked
*Answer 2: Lady Puzzle replied, Sir I didn't stain his bedsheet that's a lie, I pulled off my shoes when I joined him in bed, and I was clean

The Lawyer simply ended the examination.. and told the Judge his client had full consent of the lady and it wasn't a rap... She willingly came to his house, joined him in bed and also pulled her dressing, also she was certain she left no stain

2 Likes

Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by garfield1: 8:31am On Jun 06, 2023
pandax:

Both failed,Obi's lawyers will use their failures to strengthen his case

Inec didn't fail or pass.the judges are interested only in what the petitioners are doing for now
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by dalaman: 8:40am On Jun 06, 2023
Obi that only got 25% in 17 states will now be declared as winner??
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Benwallt:
All the odds are against Obi;
1st. He scored the lowest vote
2nd. In case of rerun, it will be between Tinubu and Atiku
3rd. He is unqualified.
4th. He didn't get 25% in 26 states.

End of the road.
Thats if the rigged results is used, the real results is been tendered in court already
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by aswani(m): 8:58am On Jun 06, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Thats if the rigged results is used, the real results is been tendered in court already

Therein lies my problem, the (so called) real results, that no doubt favour Peter Obi, are not been discussed at the Tribunal.

Instead, Obi's counsels are wasting everyone's time with Drug non convictions, double nominations, 25% in Abuja and other inane banalities.

Present your own version of the results already!!!
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:49am On Jun 06, 2023
aswani:

Therein lies my problem, the (so called) real results, that no doubt favour Peter Obi, are not been discussed at the Tribunal.

Instead, Obi's counsels are wasting everyone's time with Drug non convictions, double nominations, 25% in Abuja and other inane banalities.

Present your own version of the results already!!!
Keep deceiving yourself
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Spy360(m): 9:49am On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:
cool

Your sense potential is very low, so that by the time reality hits you it will be like a big stone landing on your small head. Mumu
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by solmusdesigns: 9:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Spy360:

Your sense potential is very low, so that by the time reality hits you it will be like a big stone landing on your small head. Mumu

Obi supporters are naturally stupid and can make meaningful arguement so am not surprised

1 Like

Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by maestroferddi: 9:58am On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:

A run off between the first and second can only happen if the popular vote margin is close not 2million votes

Supreme Court made that clear during Osun tribunals

The constitution according to
your woodland village on the banks of Ogun Waterside, abi?
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Benwallt(m): 9:59am On Jun 06, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:

So, it is only LP that have original result.

You know that Abure can forge Jesus Christ's signature
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Spy360(m): 10:14am On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:

Obi supporters are naturally stupid and can make meaningful arguement so am not surprised
How can I argue with a natural dunce that thinks the results sheets brought to court are not exhibits when the courts have already admitted them as such?

Your small head needs a big hammer to knack it to factory settings.
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Spy360(m): 10:20am On Jun 06, 2023
Benwallt:

So, it is only LP that have original result.

You know that Abure can forge Jesus Christ's signature
The results being tendered by LP are the certified true copies obtained from the BVAS, signed and issued to them by INEC.

It's not just original, it's INEC's results.
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by SenatePresdo(m): 10:23am On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:

I have explained to Obi supporters but they live in an alternative universe

Let me show you how cross examination works for the last time... It's only for intelligent people

A lady filed a Rape case at CID Iyaganku Ibadan

The guy was charged to court and he insisted he was innocent

So the Lady was called to the dock and the guys lawyer began examination

Question 1 : who was the guy to you
Answer 1: My friend

*Question 2: How come you stained the guys bedsheets when we checked
*Answer 2: Lady Puzzle replied, Sir I didn't stain his bedsheet that's a lie, I pulled off my shoes when I joined him in bed, and I was clean

The Lawyer simply ended the examination.. and told the Judge his client had full consent of the lady and it wasn't a rap... She willingly came to his house, joined him in bed and also pulled her dressing, also she was certain she left no stain

I understand these things.

The bottom line is that APC and PDP wrote themselves out.
They both agreed that 25% in FCT is mandatory, and none of their candidates got it.

So in the attempt to outsmart the PDP witness, the inec lawyer also exposed Inec. So its a Lose-lose situation for both sides, nothing like he finished PDP witness.
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by solmusdesigns: 10:27am On Jun 06, 2023
SenatePresdo:

I understand these things.

The bottom line is that APC and PDP wrote themselves out.
They both agreed that 25% in FCT is mandatory, and none of their candidates got it.

So in the attempt to outsmart the PDP witness, the inec lawyer also exposed Inec. So its a Lose-lose situation for both sides, nothing like he finished PDP witness.

LP and Obi don't have any chance In a runoff so it's still APC vs PDP and PDP just admitted through their Petition that Atiku can be President even with 15% in FCT

2 Likes

Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by surgical: 10:39am On Jun 06, 2023
tamdun:
Olodo,Inec is just try to let pdp witness see the contradiction in how own argument
not true ,they stated the same thing in their reply to the petition
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by SenatePresdo(m): 11:02am On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:

LP and Obi don't have any chance In a runoff so it's still APC vs PDP and PDP just admitted through their Petition that Atiku can be President even with 15% in FCT

Since nobody was a clear winner, which Inec lawyer also admitted, the constitution demands for a rerun.
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Shevchenkko: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2023
solmusdesigns:
cool

Seems you're daft
Re: INEC Scores Own Goal, Admits 25% In FCT A Must by Shevchenkko: 11:25am On Jun 06, 2023
tamdun:
The real Olodo has spoken

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wife-Beating Oba Vs Kingmakers, Human Rights Groups / SHOCKED! See Who Is Standing Next To President Jonathan (photos) / BREAKING: Anambra Speaker Loses 3rd Term Bid As PDP Wins Nnewi South II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.