Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month (398 Views)

New Minimum Wage To Take Effect From May 1, 2024 – FG / Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG / Labour Party Hints At Increasing Minimum Wage To ₦‎80,000-₦‎100,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month by kingsways: 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
I mean what's difficult there??

At the rate of N745 to a Dollar, N200k is just a paltry $268 for one whole month. Less than $10 a day!

Not like the president is gonna pay from his private pocket, it's gonna be paid from our common purse

I feel so sorry for Nigerians, Nigerians have really suffered

1 Like

Re: What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month by solmusdesigns: 9:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Can businesses survive if minimum wage is raised to 200k

I mean minimum wage law covers private sector too

Your house girl, driver, waiter, security guard would demand that as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month by SalamRushdie: 9:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
When the minimum wage was 200 dollars under PDP and prices of goods far far cheaper than they are now at the time, y'all said you were suffering and wanted APC 😅😅

2 Likes

Re: What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month by Parachoko: 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2023
Foolish Question

You will always know an IPOB Obidunze when you see one

Them no dey get sense
Re: What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month by marlow1962(m): 9:14pm On Jun 05, 2023
SalamRushdie:
When the minimum wage was 200 dollars under PDP and prices of goods far far cheaper than they are now at the time, y'all said you were suffering and wanted APC 😅😅
They're cowards.
Jonathan will be laughing so hard on them now, Israelites that love and adore their Egyptian masters.
Now they will experience change part 2, them never see anything yet.

2 Likes

Re: What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month by kingsways: 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2023
solmusdesigns:
Can businesses survive if minimum wage is raised to 200k

I mean minimum wage law covers private sector too

Your house girl, driver, waiter, security guard would demand that as well

Yeah they can...Apply compulsorily for businesses 50 employees and above..
Re: What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month by solmusdesigns: 9:23pm On Jun 05, 2023
kingsways:

Yeah they can...Apply compulsorily for businesses 50 employees and above..

How about tye resultant inflation

Market women , Landlords.. higher the wages higher the price of goods and services
Re: What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month by Modifire(m): 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2023
kingsways:
I mean what's difficult there??

At the rate of N745 to a Dollar, N200k is just a paltry $268 for one whole month. Less than $10 a day!

Not like the president is gonna pay from his private pocket, it's gonna be paid from our common purse

I feel so sorry for Nigerians, Nigerians have really suffered
If minimum wage was to be increased to 200k it's the same set of people like you that would take your job less seriously. If you ask me I'll tell you right away that 50k is enough. Becouse most of these spoilt govt officials don't do nothing at offices yet they cash out at months ends
Re: What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month by kingsways: 9:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
solmusdesigns:

How about tye resultant inflation

Market women , Landlords.. higher the wages higher the price of goods and services

of course other prices will adjust ...

With a litre of fuel selling for over N500, rent and cost of goods in the market will inevitably go up any way..

Increase in wage is just to catch up, that's not the primary cause of price increases in this case
Re: What's Difficult In Govt Increasing Minimum Wage To N200,000 A Month by kingsways: 10:14pm On Jun 05, 2023
Modifire:

If minimum wage was to be increased to 200k it's the same set of people like you that would take your job less seriously. If you ask me I'll tell you right away that 50k is enough. Becouse most of these spoilt govt officials don't do nothing at offices yet they cash out at months ends

the work force should be right-size, staff in over-staffed departments should be redeployed to elsewhere. processes should be automated.

But those who work should be paid something a decent human being can live on.

50k a month is 600k a year.
How much is rent
Transport for one month
how much is feeding for one month
clothing
Electric bill
water
medical bill if he gets sick
Furniture...or the person should be sleeping on the floor?
someone earning minimum wage should be going to school and how will he pay school fees and buy books?

(1) (Reply)

Gov Diri Leads Bayelsa Nass Members, Pdp Leaders Others To Honour Dickson / Ex Emir Of Kano Sanusi In Closed-door Meeting With Tinubu / 30 Buildings Destroyed And 50,000 People Displaced In Gully Erosion In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.