Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) (1405 Views)

Julius Malema Supporters Beat Up Whites Protesting 'Racist' Song in SA (PICS) / Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) / Teacher Removes USA Flag, Tells Students To Pledge Allegiance To LGBT Flag(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
Woolworths South Africa has maintained it was undeterred and remained determined to 'leave no one behind' in spite of receiving criticism and calls for the boycott of Woolworths stores following the launch of its WPride campaign in support of International Gay Pride Month.

The retail giant recently came under fire online after launching its WPride campaign as it joined the global community in celebrating International Gay Pride Month – which is annually marked in June.

Pride Day, celebrated on June 28, is filled with celebrations, parades, and festivals, with people rejoicing and honouring the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) communities, sharing their joy and supporting their rights.

In spite of this, some people blasted Woolworths for its campaign and called for retail shops to be boycotted to protect children.

"Seems to me Woolworths is blocking most of SA on Twitter because people are trying to protect their children from this pride s**t. Remember Spur, Dis-Chem, welcome to the same crap; people, me included, will boycott the bejesus out of Woolworths," posted one disgruntled tweeter.

Even with the negative comments, Woolies’ press office said that by and large, the response to its campaign had been largely positive and appreciated the support from many South Africans who shared the company's vision of a better future.

The retail giant said it takes its responsibility to build diverse, inclusive, and safe environments for all people and customers around the world seriously.

"We are committed to promoting spaces in which everyone is accepted, protected, respected, and celebrated, regardless of where they come from, what they look like, who they love, or how or whether they worship. During International Pride Month, our WPride campaign acknowledges the extent to which certain groups in our society are marginalised by celebrating the LGBTQIA+ community.

"The WPride campaign forms part of the Woolworths Inclusive Justice initiative, a group-wide strategy aimed at realising our bold transformation vision to inspire inclusive growth for all our people and our commitment to ‘leave no one behind’."

1 Share

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2023

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by Arrewa: 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
See as Africans/black carry this matter for Head...

Why not Channel the energy we use against LGBT towards our politicians that are busy farming and exploiting your ignorance?

These Western world that we condemn because of their systematic support for LGBT+

They are doing far far better than our poor and backward continent, that is filled with people Who have no care and empathy for one another. We have the worse justice system and the most corrupt politicians in the world!!

One thing you won't take away from the whites is the strong justice system which is made possible at the absence of religion,
this is their law" Everyone is free to do whatever u like with ur body ,but no one is allowed to tamper with the public fund because death and roting is the endpoint " that's why many of them are free to marry animals,plants , become gays and Even themselves.
Note:
but are not free to embezzle public fund

You Embezzle public fund, you rot in jail... Their justice system is solid and effective!!

Here in Africa, you embezzle billions, give 2% to religious leaders and get some jobless youths and share another 2% of your loots, especially the ones you are ethnically or religiously inclined.

Then distract us with LGBT+, bobrisky,bbnaija, tribalism, sex&nudity through our comprised media houses... To keep black people busy and distracted!!

2 Likes

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by Arrewa: 9:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
Just of recent, Uganda president is busy blasting biden for threatening Uganda whit sanction over human right violation against gay people... Same Ugandan President that operate a doctorial administration to the extent of putting his political opponent on house arrest, including assaulting the wife of his opponent during the Uganda presidential election!

Same man is now an African Hero, because he blast American President over Gay right!

I'm a straight... a female Ass and breast lover...

But I see nothing wrong on people being gay... I only have problem with people being terrorist,unproductive, ignorance, illiteracy, criminals and corruption!!

For this continent to move forward and develop we must change our thinking!!

6 Likes

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by TheBillyonaire: 9:35pm On Jun 05, 2023
All LGBTQ+ people have mental illness and no one is brave enough to tell them so except me.

2 Likes

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
South Africans React

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by StormpyBee: 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
I wanted to comment, only to see South Africa. I am allergic to those guys. People who hate their own African brothers.
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by triple996(m): 9:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
undecided
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by KingCold: 9:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
It's honestly a bit too much now...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by Righteousness2(m): 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
South African; a Nation begging for God's Wrath.
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 10:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
KingCold:
It's honestly a bit too much now...

We see you guys 365/24-7. You're posting half naked girls all the time (very virtuous of you).

What's too much about Pride Month?
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by KingCold: 10:26pm On Jun 05, 2023
WannaHowzit:

We see you guys 365/24-7. You're posting half naked girls all the time (very virtuous of you).

What's too much about Pride Month?
Well, it seems too forced now, everything is branded rainbows now from sports, movies, retail now...Please don't equate this to homophobia, it's just...sighs..it's just a bit too much now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by JohnBullMySon: 10:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
Arrewa:
Just of recent, Uganda president is busy blasting biden for threatening Uganda whit sanction over human right violation against gay people... Same Ugandan President that operate a doctorial administration to the extent of putting his political opponent on house arrest, including assaulting the wife of his opponent during the Uganda presidential election!

Same man is now an African Hero, because he blast American President over Gay right!

I'm a straight and a female Ass and breast lover...

But I see nothing in people being gay... I only have problem with people being terrorist,unproductive, ignorance, illiteracy, criminals and corruption!!

For this continent to move develop we must change our thinking!!

It's not just with LGBT. Africans are usually very intolerant as a race. Look at the amount of Tribalism and civil wars all over the continent. Africans can sabotage themselves and their society just for tribal and religious dominance.

Another problem is that most Africans tend to be very irresponsible. They cannot accept their own mistakes and take responsibility for their society. You see them blaming foreigners for conflicts instigated by their intolerance. Blaming politicians for their own problems. Blaming other tribes and religions. Blame games everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by jamesversion: 10:41pm On Jun 05, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
All LGBTQ+ people have mental illness and no one is brave enough to tell them so except me.

Are you the same Billyonaire from yester years on NL?

That guy was good in cosmic enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by TheBillyonaire: 10:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
jamesversion:

Are you the same Billyonaire from yester years on NL?

That guy was good in cosmic enlightenment.

Pay your dues then.
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by jamesversion: 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Pay your dues then.

How do I pay?
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by TheBillyonaire: 11:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
jamesversion:

How do I pay?

Donate educational items to the nearest primary school and send me pictures posing with the kids and the donated items. Then I will tell you anything you want to know about the universe and why the Universe was designed, who designed it and what is to come. So you can know which areas to make investments.
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 1:36am On Jun 06, 2023
KingCold:
Well, it seems too forced now, everything is branded rainbows now from sports, movies, retail now...Please don't equate this to homophobia, it's just...sighs..it's just a bit too much now

Compare Woolworths ads and your posts demeaning women every single day in your thread about SA women. How dare you criticize Woolworths?

Half naked vulgar images of women everywhere in your thread pleasing Nigerian Neanderthals. No wonder the rape crisis is off the roof in SA and why I don't defend you people when Nigerians emasculate you.

1 Like

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 1:44am On Jun 06, 2023
KingCold:

It's homophobia. You're suppressing my rights as a human being. How dare you?

So i must not be seen in society - only you must occupy space? If Woolworths posted even half nude women you wouldn't complain. So much for your values.
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 2:07am On Jun 06, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Homophobe showing respect and spelling out our identity correctly 😎

Funny how gay people are so brilliant and rich. God made us smart to one day fight dumb homophobes on Nairaland and win.
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by JaceBlaze: 4:06am On Jun 06, 2023
KingCold:

Hollywood recently gave Gabrielle Union and her husband an award for changing the genitals of their son without the biological mother's consent.The innocent soul doesn't even get to have a say on what must and mustn't happen to his body?

2 Likes

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by WannaHowzit(m): 4:40am On Jun 06, 2023
JaceBlaze:

Hollywood recently gave Gabrielle Union and her husband an award for changing the genitals of their son without the biological mother's consent.
The innocent soul doesn't even get to have a say on what must and mustn't happen to his body?

Really?☹️☹️☹️ Didnt the innocent soul identify as trans before then?

I guess your beloved Caster Semenya only noticed she was different at age 25 - and not at 10 years of age right?

Imagine if someone intervened back then when she was 10 to spare her the misery - OMG THE GAYS ARE TAKING OVER!
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by JaceBlaze: 6:08am On Jun 06, 2023
WannaHowzit:

I guess your beloved Caster Semenya only noticed she was different at age 25 - and not at 10 years of age right?

Imagine if someone intervened back then when she was 10 to spare her the misery - OMG THE GAYS ARE TAKING OVER!

Was the biological mother given a chance to have a say on what must and mustn't be done on a soul she carried for 9 months?

Why wasn't the child given a chance to grow and be matured enough to be the one to make that conscious decision?

Oh the take over is clearly visible for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by mzansiboy(m): 6:21am On Jun 06, 2023
South Africa is democracy with a constitution envy'd by alot of africa. Some people are hammering on the moral issue of lgbtqi+ community, but they voted for the parties that put the constitution there. So what if we live with lgbtqi+ community, they are people with blood running through their veins that is red. They deserve to live their lives the way they see fit to do so and no one can tell anyone how to live. I love human beings because God told me love humans and because He loves them.

2 Likes

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by Ruggedniggaone: 6:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Righteousness2:
South African; a Nation begging for God's Wrath.
didn't you see Israel the other day organising gAy rally?what were the Israeli begging for? You are just a confused lost soul

1 Like

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by KingCold: 7:21am On Jun 06, 2023
WannaHowzit:

It's homophobia. You're suppressing my rights as a human being. How dare you?

So i must not be seen in society - only you must occupy space? If Woolworths posted even half nude women you wouldn't complain. So much for your values.
Its not, how many times have I fought people on this forum taking down on gay people or peole making homophic statements?, I'm definitely NOT homophic ! if Woolworths started posting half naked women, when i watch sports here are naked women again, I go to church, here are women again, etc etc, it also would become too much!. I'm just a firm believer that when something is pushed at this rate it ends up having an adverse effect.
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by KingCold: 7:22am On Jun 06, 2023
JaceBlaze:

Hollywood recently gave Gabrielle Union and her husband an award for changing the genitals of their son without the biological mother's consent.The innocent soul doesn't even get to have a say on what must and mustn't happen to his body?
You see? This is what I'm saying

1 Like

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by Mrfeel: 8:03am On Jun 06, 2023
Arrewa:

I'm a straight... a female Ass and breast lover...

But I see nothing wrong on people being gay... I only have problem with people being terrorist,unproductive, ignorance, illiteracy, criminals and corruption!!

For this continent to move forward and develop we must change our thinking!!
As a Muslim that you are you see nothing wrong with people being gay ? But you Muslim destroy people's businesses in the north cause they sell alcohol?
Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 8:53am On Jun 06, 2023
StormpyBee:
I wanted to comment, only to see South Africa. I am allergic to those guys. People who hate their own African brothers.

LMFAO, as if Nigerians love their fellow Nigerian brothers grin grin. Charity begins at home , show us how to treat you by how you treat yourselves where you come from.

2 Likes

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 9:03am On Jun 06, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Typical!.

A boy who is not allowed to vote , buy alcohol , consent to sex with an adult, provide for himself, drive a car is now thought of as mentally developed enough to choose such a life changing lifestyle and procedure? grin. You people are sick.

Was Caster born like that or did the parents choose to make her that way ? You are comparing apples to oranges here son. Unless you can tell us that Caster had a sex change as a kid then you've said nothing here, try another angle to defend this Hollywood sadism.

I also like that you stylishly chose only the pro- looney comments from the SA public, and skipped all the others kicking against this grin. Typical!.

1 Like

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by TheBillyonaire: 9:15am On Jun 06, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Homophobe showing respect and spelling out our identity correctly 😎

Funny how gay people are so brilliant and rich. God made us smart to one day fight dumb homophobes on Nairaland and win.

If you are gay, you are mentally sick. Sticking your dick into where people shit with shows you do not know the right hole hence it is stupidity and mental illness

1 Like

Re: Woolworths Refuses To Remove LGBT Promotions In SA Despite Boycott Threat (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2023
WannaHowzit:

Compare Woolworths ads and your posts demeaning women every single day in your thread about SA women. How dare you criticize Woolworths?

Half naked vulgar images of women everywhere in your thread pleasing Nigerian Neanderthals. No wonder the rape crisis is off the roof in SA and why I don't defend you people when Nigerians emasculate you.

LMFAO, you're just all over the place.

Are these pictures not taken by the same women or with their consent ? If those women don't want their half naked pictures posted all over the net, then they have a choice to keep them private; away from the net. If you find them demeaning , then the blame lies solely on the women who decided to have their pictures taken and posted online, they are not victims but willing participants. As for the Woolworths ads; the same way people had mixed reactions , some mild and some extreme to the add that posted black kids with monkey tshirts , it is expected that Woolworths too will get people who will kick against the over -the top promotion of this culture ** that is not a representation of 99,9% of the population. But then again, it's their brand and it's also the choice of the customers to either continue to support them or not.

Please elaborate on the connection between what you call a rape crisis and what you call vulgar pictures posted online ? It sounds like you're lashing out now grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. / South Africa Is Racist Towards White People / Africa Topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.