Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) (37602 Views)

Terdoo Bendega: Man Records Sexual Intercourse With Ladies, Sells Nudes / Suspected Kidnapping Syndicate Arrested In Imo (Photo) / Man Records ‘sex Movie’ Inside Osun Grove, Shares On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Glimpsetv: 10:59am On Jan 02
Man Records a Suspected Kidnapping of a Lady in Broad Daylight

A man recorded a suspected kidnapping of a lady in broad daylight on New Year's Day in Lagos and posted it on X, formerly known as Twitter, tagging the police for possible action. The video shows a lady attempting to open the car door from the back seat, but it appears that another person sitting with her at the back is pulling her away from exiting the vehicle.

After a while, the driver exited and moved to the back seat door, activating the child lock to prevent the car from being opened from the inside, then returned to the car and quickly drove off.

However, a police handle on X named DSP Bright Edafe PPRO DE responded, "I sincerely hope you had the emergency numbers for Lagos Command and called them before recording and posting. That would have worked faster. Plus, you should have tried raising an alarm and confronting them."

In response, the man who posted the video commented, "For the record: I raised an alarm, called on area boys, but most hesitated. The driver got back in the car and drove off. I followed the car around V.I, hoping to see a policeman to report to, but none was on the route they followed. They later started driving back."

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the man should have exited his car instead of just recording and confronting the suspects? But what if they had a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgpAQTccORE

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Babangidapikin: 11:19am On Jan 02
Shey the plate number is there for the police to follow up..

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Precious452(f): 11:25am On Jan 02
This is what Nigeria has been reduced to. No security anywhere. And for the police emergency numbers, zero or late response even when called on time. Why won't they respond late or not at all when we have 80 percent of the police force guarding wealthy individuals and politicians. You hardly see up to 10 policemen in most local police stations in Nigeria.

It is also sad that the passersby don't even give a Bleep anymore when they see someone in such distress. They simply "mind their business", a weird culture new to Africans in such situations. Please I beg us, even if the government won't help us, let us try to help each other. God will help us all in this country. Amen

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by ekelebeXstunner: 11:28am On Jan 02
I don’t believe everything I see on the internet. This fit be comedy skit.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Glimpsetv: 11:29am On Jan 02
Police Reaction and others:

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Glimpsetv: 1:08pm On Jan 02
ekelebeXstunner:
I don’t believe everything I see on the internet. This fit be comedy skit.

Do you mean a skit, and then you tag the police on X? Lol.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by ekelebeXstunner: 1:31pm On Jan 02
Glimpsetv:

Do you mean a skit, and then you tag the police on X? Lol.
Dey play.

2 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by thesicilian: 2:18pm On Jan 02
The man was probably more interested in getting the video for his social media engagement than actually saving the lady. But however true or untrue that may be, he has done his own little part of raising alarm and gathering little evidence.
The police should now focus on using that as a stepping stone to investigate further, instead of quarrelling with him for not doing more.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by DKM123: 2:34pm On Jan 02
The driver looks like a skull miner. That it's a tinted vehicle didn't help matters.

The guy did the right thing cause he could have been killed if they had weapons.... The number plate, the video recording and the face of the driver is enough to track them.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by alpharoyalty: 3:11pm On Jan 02
If only we have a working Police system 😞😞

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by money121(m): 6:55pm On Jan 02
Ok
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Padipadi(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02
Hope the man posted via an anonymous handle. The world's now so winked!
Evil doers ll not know peace, amen.

12 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by markidoo(m): 6:56pm On Jan 02
Catch them on camera 📸

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by DKM123: 6:58pm On Jan 02
DKM123:
The driver looks like a skull miner. That it's a tinted vehicle didn't help matters.

The guy did the right thing cause he could have been killed if they had weapons.... The number plate, the video recording and the face of the driver is enough to track them.

But I wish the lady's face was captured.

If the police uses the plate number to trace them, they can easily use a co conspirator to act as though she was the one inside the car and they were only having little family squabbles.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by illicit(m): 6:58pm On Jan 02
I don't think that's a kidnapping...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Tealcrestmedia(m): 6:59pm On Jan 02
It's not his job to confront them. What if they shoot him? People will still say he's forming hero. At least the police can start from the plate number and invite the vehicle owner for questioning about the incident.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by elitehow: 6:59pm On Jan 02
Yoh!
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by heybeebugatty(m): 7:00pm On Jan 02
I pray she return unhurt

6 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Olarewajutv: 7:00pm On Jan 02
Chai I pray something good to encourage man like this happen
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Padipadi(m): 7:00pm On Jan 02
Glimpsetv:

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the man should have exited his car instead of just recording and confronting the suspects? But what if they had a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgpAQTccORE

You guys are mad!
What are our thoughts?
What's ya own thought?
Idiôts that should be doing job of sharing the video to gather more close ups on the suspects turned it to avenue of like, share & traffic to their kobo-kobo blog.
Is this an entertainment post?
Ya blog ll close down this week, amen. And you wey post this, dog go bite ya yansh this week!

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by tivta(m): 7:01pm On Jan 02
Hmmm
Things are happening, to think I thought Lagos was safe from kidnapping compared to the east...

3 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Angelfrost(m): 7:02pm On Jan 02
It could have been severally things other than the suspected Kidnapping...!

Still, this points to the glaring fact that there is no security in this nation.

A lot of these kidnappers pass several checkpoints with their victims without getting stopped or arrested. How come??! A mere 1000 or even 500 Naira note squeezed into the palm of the officer of the law is enough to wave them along.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by ahnie: 7:03pm On Jan 02
We all need to be careful.

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by EvansU: 7:05pm On Jan 02
Yes, with number plate they can easily track the owner of the vehicle, but most times I don’t believe they have data for cars being driven in Nigeria, they only want you to renew your license registration for their own pockets. In other advanced countries with number plate the police are good to go.
Babangidapikin:
Shey the plate number is there for the police to follow up..

6 Likes

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by TheRealMalcolmX(m): 7:06pm On Jan 02
undecided

Death to all cultists, kidnappers, terrorists and everyone who will stop at nothing to cause others pain.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Schoolshooter: 7:07pm On Jan 02
Husband and wife nonsense

Try day mind your business
Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Ola9ja23: 7:08pm On Jan 02
This doesn't look like kidnapping

I think it's dispute btw lovers or something

She had opportunity to come out maybe the driver was there to calm her down

1 Like

Re: Man Records A Suspected Kidnapping Of A Lady In Broad Daylight (video) by Biggjoe2606(m): 7:09pm On Jan 02
Well I can’t blame the man. However, I think he should have created a scene and raised an alarm when he got to the busy part of the road.

I can never blame the man. He’s only playing safe. No be everybody be hero. I hope she’s safe if the video is even real. This is Naija!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Girl, Ifeoma, Abducted In Zaria: "I Want My Daughter Back" - Father / Police And Armed Robbers Clash In Idimu, Lagos, 2 Dead / How Traditional Ruler Ordered Police Inspector To Be Buried Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.