Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,581 members, 7,840,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone (2221 Views)

Delivery Man Remanded Over Stolen Bike In Lagos Dies In Prison / 2 Yahoo Boys Fight Over Stolen Clients In Ibadan (Pictures) / Augustine Wallies In Cyprus Killed By 9 Fellow Nigerians Over Stolen Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone by Blake755: 5:15am On Jun 07, 2023
Ah he wan play superhero nah wa no be even his phone now your loved ones don lose
Re: UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone by Neddstark: 7:32am On Jun 07, 2023
Adekunle why na. You risk your life to form hero for woman? Woman wey fit no even attend your burial. RIP young blood.
Re: UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone by Khallicopyro: 9:56am On Jun 07, 2023
damosky12:

This is all shades of wrong! It can also mean "ignoring your neighbour when they are in trouble." All for what? Fear?

If society becomes a place where everyone minds their business, you think you would be safe? You think your kids can be safe in such a society?
Achebe once said " it is good to be brave but often times we stand in the house of a coward and point to the ruins where a brave man once lived"

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone by damosky12(m): 10:20am On Jun 07, 2023
Khallicopyro:

Achebe once said " it is good to be brave but often times we stand in the house of a coward and point to the ruins where a brave man once lived"

It calls for a balance. Two extremes aren't good.

The Yorubas sages, in their wisdom, say "maja masa l'afin mo akinkanju l'oju ogun." It's translated "the bravest warriors in war are those that know how to fight and run."

You can't always mind your business. And you can't always interfere in what's not your business.

The healthiest societies are built on communal structures. If you would not help put out the fire in your neighbour's house, yours is at risk too.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone by damosky12(m): 10:25am On Jun 07, 2023
shagasha:

Oga you are wrong here.
Was he trained to go after theives? He was just trying to be a hero. Chasing a thief in the night. Even policemen with guns don't even do that. They wait and come for arrest later when their guards are down.
Anybody that buys that phone would still be tracked and arrested so why stick your neck out?
Me will willingly submit mine in some circumstances not to talk of someone else's phone. Use your head o

Oga. A thief is different from an armed robbery.

These scenarios are only reasonable in a robbery circumstance.

What the guy saw was a thief that snatched away another person's phone. The reasonable thing any brave youth would do is to try salvage the situation while calling for help. It's just unfortunate for the guy that there was an armed hoodlum lurking around...

People chase and catch thief's everyday in Lagos. If everyone choose to "mind their business," thief's would have the leeway to do and undo. In fact, there'd be more robbers than they are now...

These things call for a balance. No one is saying you should be forming Bruce Lee. But, guy, if all of us just bone dey mind our business for this country, things go sup o...

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone by Khallicopyro: 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
damosky12:

It calls for a balance. Two extremes aren't good.

The Yorubas sages, in their wisdom, say "maja masa l'afin mo akinkanju l'oju ogun." It's translated "the bravest warriors in war are those that know how to fight and run."

You can't always mind your business. And you can't always interfere in what's not your business.

The healthiest societies are built on communal structures. If you would not help put out the fire in your neighbour's house, yours is at risk too.
Well said.
Re: UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone by unusualbabs: 7:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
Things you haven't read about the 200 Level Engineering Student of Unilag who was shot last Saturday Night......

Agboola Al-Ameen Adekunle was a Champion at TAEKWONDO 🥋 having been training since his Junior Secondary School years, with this skill he's saved many from harassment and robbery, though his last attempt cost him his life, yet is it not a reason for anyone to make any insulting statement, read and go on with your life, let his grieving family members and friends grieve their dead.

He also Represented UNILAG at NUGA 22' and was a winning member of the UNILAG TEAM TAEKWONDO 🥋

His close Friend (Name With held), lost his Father who was the Bread Winner of the Family and Adekunle was there for his friend's Family.

He didn't have so much but kept supporting them in ways he could, his Parents threatened to reject him for his irrational decision to stay in the house of his this friend of his, but had to reconsider having had a grasp of his love for his friend, such that Adekunle's Parents started supporting the family in need. He was a Friend that we all need in our lives, a friend you can call brother.

His Senior Secondary School Friends, who are Science and Commercial Students would neither have understood Further maths to the point they did nor get admission into UNILAG to Study Mathematics and it's sister courses without his consistent Teachings and encouragement. Some of them would have given up on their dream course which is Maths dependent.

Being Multi-talented, he encouraged many with various talents like himself, many of which you know; Magicians, Artistes, Artists, etc.

Before the age 22, he's had a successful career as a magician until his loved ones disapproved of it.

He's a successful Crypto Trader, and has trained many in the same endeavor.

There are so much to write and say about him, but I'd hold on here.

This is just to wipe out the many submission of people who only considered his act as stupid without having a glimpse of his pure heartedness which sponsored his 'blind' chase.

I may not have chased the Thief as well, maybe because I haven't had the almost a decade of TAEKWONDO 🥋 training of Al-Ameen Adekunle.......

........if I was a TAEKWONDO 🥋 champion like him, I may not have gone after the thief if I didn't have a heart for people of any race and gender like he did....

........if he was an experienced TAEKWONDO master, maybe I wouldn't have gone after the thief as many would assume, but the truth remain that he died trying to help his fellow Student.

It's not the kind of death any would desire, but one that many should admire.

He died a 'stupid' death (as many would conclude) , but I'd rather say he died a selfless death.

On behalf of the Family of Agboola Al-Ameen Adekunle, I request that we respect his last act by paying attention to his heroic act as opposed to the supposed thoughtless.

Good Night Agboola Al-Ameen Adekunle.

You left a mark that we would carry forever even after we must have done all we can to move on from our pleasant memories of you.

It was a pleasure meeting a person with such a beautiful heart as yours.

R.I.P
Re: UNILAG Undergraduate Shot Dead Over Stolen Phone by unusualbabs: 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Things you haven't read about the 200 Level Engineering Student of Unilag who was shot last Saturday Night......

Agboola Al-Ameen Adekunle was a Champion at TAEKWONDO 🥋 having been training since his Junior Secondary School years, with this skill he's saved many from harassment and robbery, though his last attempt cost him his life, yet is it not a reason for anyone to make any insulting statement, read and go on with your life, let his grieving family members and friends grieve their dead.

He also Represented UNILAG at NUGA 22' and was a winning member of the UNILAG TEAM TAEKWONDO 🥋

His close Friend (Name With held), lost his Father who was the Bread Winner of the Family and Adekunle was there for his friend's Family.

He didn't have so much but kept supporting them in ways he could, his Parents threatened to reject him for his irrational decision to stay in the house of his this friend of his, but had to reconsider having had a grasp of his love for his friend, such that Adekunle's Parents started supporting the family in need. He was a Friend that we all need in our lives, a friend you can call brother.

His Senior Secondary School Friends, who are Science and Commercial Students would neither have understood Further maths to the point they did nor get admission into UNILAG to Study Mathematics and it's sister courses without his consistent Teachings and encouragement. Some of them would have given up on their dream course which is Maths dependent.

Being Multi-talented, he encouraged many with various talents like himself, many of which you know; Magicians, Artistes, Artists, etc.

Before the age 22, he's had a successful career as a magician until his loved ones disapproved of it.

He's a successful Crypto Trader, and has trained many in the same endeavor.

There are so much to write and say about him, but I'd hold on here.

This is just to wipe out the many submission of people who only considered his act as stupid without having a glimpse of his pure heartedness which sponsored his 'blind' chase.

I may not have chased the Thief as well, maybe because I haven't had the almost a decade of TAEKWONDO 🥋 training of Al-Ameen Adekunle.......

........if I was a TAEKWONDO 🥋 champion like him, I may not have gone after the thief if I didn't have a heart for people of any race and gender like he did....

........if I was an experienced TAEKWONDO master, maybe I wouldn't have gone after the thief as many would assume, but the truth remain that he died trying to help his fellow Student.

It's not the kind of death any would desire, but one that many should admire.

He died a 'stupid' death (as many would conclude) , but I'd rather say he died a selfless death.

On behalf of the Family of Agboola Al-Ameen Adekunle, I request that we respect his last act by paying attention to his heroic act as opposed to the supposed thoughtless.

He left a mark that we would carry forever even after we must have done all we can to move on from our pleasant memories of him.

It was a pleasure meeting a person with such a beautiful heart as his.

His death is not an avenue for cheap popularity or display of words or even to publicly caution anyone.

*RESPECT OUR DEAD.*

Written by his Secondary School Senior and a fellow 200 Level Student of UNILAG.

Good bye Agboola Al-Ameen Adekunle.

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why There Is No Need For Sympathy For The ABSU Student Killed In A Cult Conflict / Lady Shares Heartbreaking Story Of She Suffered Domestic Violence (see Photos) / BREAKING: ‘indiscriminate’ Gunshots Rock Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.