Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Can Animals Talk? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Animals Talk? (1724 Views)

Did You Know That Animals Shall Be Judged By God? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? / We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Animals Talk? by KrazyHen: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2011
Hi, how accurate was the story in numbers 22:28? Why cant animals talk in our modern age?
Kiss from Hen
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:49am On Sep 30, 2011
Krazy Hen:

Hi, how accurate was the story in numbers 22:28? Why cant animals talk in our modern age?
Kiss from Hen

"And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said to Balaam, What have I done to you, that you have smitten me three times?" (Num 22:28).

The story was quite accurate. Animals cannot naturally talk because they are not created in the image of God. We human beings can talk with ourselves because we are created in the image of God, even though this image has been tainted by sin. When our Christ's image is formed in us we would be able to restore our communication with God. The ass or donkey in the verse quoted above could only speak because God in His sovereignity opened its mouth to speak.

God can use any means to get His message across even if it has to be dry stones. God also permitted the devil to use the serpent to talk to Eve but the devil can only go as far as God allows him just as a dog or a goat who's lease allows him to go as far as it's allowed.
Re: Can Animals Talk? by thehomer: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

"And the LORD opened the mouth of the Bottom, and she said to Balaam, What have I done to you, that you have smitten me three times?" (Num 22:28).

The story was quite accurate. Animals cannot naturally talk because they are not created in the image of God. We human beings can talk with ourselves because we are created in the image of God, even though this image has been tainted by sin. When our Christ's image is formed in us we would be able to restore our communication with God. The Bottom or donkey in the verse quoted above could only speak because God in His sovereignity opened its mouth to speak.

God can use any means to get His message across even if it has to be dry stones. God also permitted the devil to use the serpent to talk to Eve but the devil can only go as far as God allows him just as a dog or a goat who's lease allows him to go as far as it's allowed.

Hmm this language filter is at it again. The bottom or donkey?
If anyone who hears animals speaking to them, they should please check themselves into a mental institution.
Re: Can Animals Talk? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:17am On Sep 30, 2011
Animals possess their own art of communication, mate. It does not always have to be through spoken words which is just an art of communication(amongst many) used by us humans.
Krazy Hen:

Kiss from Hen
Re: Can Animals Talk? by bright007(f): 11:13am On Sep 30, 2011
*animals have means of communication,be it by body language,voice,written signs or even chemical language*
Re: Can Animals Talk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2011
Animals can communicate, but in different ways other than spoken language. in fact, if you live with animals for a very long time, even you can partially understand their languages.

i always had a strange feeling that my grandfather could actually speak to his goats and other animals. it was as if they seemed to understand him.
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2011
Yeah right, do you mean animal talk like this Riley?

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSXSOEiv3N0?version=3&hl=en_GB[/flash]
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2011
Talking 'Moses'

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shone his torch light around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying:

"Jesus is watching you".

He nearly jumped out of his skin, switched his torch light off and froze.  When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself to take a break after the next big score, then flicked the light back on and began searching for more valuables.  Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard:

"Jesus is watching you."

Totally rattled, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice.  Finally, in the corner of the room, his torch light beam came to rest on a parrot.

"Did you just say that?"

He hissed at the parrot.

"Yes,"

the parrot confessed, then squawked,

"I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. 

"Warn me, huh? Who do you think you are any way?"

"Moses,"

Replied the bird.

"Moses?"

the burglar laughed.

"What kind of silly people would name a parrot 'Moses'?"

The bird promptly answered:

"The same kind of people that would name a Rottweiler 'Jesus'!  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can Animals Talk? by Image123(m): 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2011
Lol @d above.
@OP
Of course animals talk, they got their language just like humans have their different language. Those who keep animals do a little bit of communication with them.
Animal language is on a different wave length to ours though. Same with other senses like sight, smell, hearing, touch. For instance, it appears that dogs see stuff like spirits from little experience with them. In paradisa, i'm expecting God'll put us all in the same wavelength, just like He did briefly for Balaam and his friend, and Adam, Eve and the serpent.
Re: Can Animals Talk? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2011
course !
Re: Can Animals Talk? by harakiri(m): 2:02pm On Sep 30, 2011
Of course animals can talk! I sipped beer with a horse last weekend and "he" prophesied a thread on talking animals would be opened on nairaland before the next weekend. Alas! It was come to pass. SMH.
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2011
So you too hear animals talking to you? undecided
Re: Can Animals Talk? by harakiri(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2011
@Oladeegbu, Of course animals can talk the same way dragons and unicorns exist in the bible. Same way Moses parted the red sea with his bare hands and Jesus walked on water. Wasn't the serpent the first animal to speak to Eve in the bible? Is a serpent human? If you believe all these, you'll believe anything.
Re: Can Animals Talk? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2011
Tell them what they want to hear.

These people have no other purpose than to attack bible verses totally out of context.

While the bible clearly says that this was an act initiated by an angel , these chaps quickly ignore that aspect and focus on the donkey speaking.

Besides this is the only time a donkey 'talked' in biblical scripture, talk less of other animals.

If these atheists have heard animals speak to them which cannot be ruled out with these people  grin, best advice is to avoid such !!!

Anyway lets read the entire context here , not that I expect non-spiritual folk to understand .

" Then God's anger was kindled because he went, and the Angel of the Lord took His stand in the way as an adversary against him. And he was riding on his donkey, and his two servants were with him.  Now the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand, and the donkey turned aside out of the way and went into the field. So Balaam struck the donkey to turn her back onto the road. Then the Angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path between the vineyards, with a wall on this side and a wall on that side. And when the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord, she pushed herself against the wall and crushed Balaam's foot against the wall; so he struck her again.

Then the Angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place where there was no way to turn either to the right hand or to the left.  And when the donkey saw the Angel of the Lord, she lay down under Balaam; so Balaam's anger was excited, and he struck the donkey with his staff. Then the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?"  And Balaam said to the donkey, "Because you have abused me. I wish there were a sword in my hand, for now I would kill you!" So the donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden, ever since I became yours, to this day?

Was I ever disposed to do this to you?" And he said, "No."  Then the Lord opened Balaam's eyes, and he saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face.  And the Angel of the Lord said to him, "Why have you struck your donkey these three times? Behold, I have come out to stand against you, because your way is perverse before Me. The donkey saw Me and turned aside from Me these three times. If she had not turned aside from Me, surely I would also have killed you by now, and let her live."  And Balaam said to the Angel of the Lord, "I have sinned, for I did not know You stood in the way against me. Now therefore, if it displeases You, I will turn back."  Then the Angel of the Lord said to Balaam, "Go with the men, but only the word that I speak to you, that you shall speak." So Balaam went with the princes of Balak."
Re: Can Animals Talk? by harakiri(m): 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2011
@Frosbel, You are the one making lame attempts to twist words out of context. Whether an angel initiated the talking processes as depicted by the bible story doesn't matter. The bottom line is A DONKEY TALKED! ! ! In between, wasn't the serpent the first animal to speak in the bible? Last time I checked, the bible clearly stated SERPENT not "the devil". Is a serpent not a snake? Do snakes have vocal cords? Am i stating EXACTLY what's written in the bible but you will come here and start throwing cry baby tantrums instead of focusing on the falsehood your bible exudes.
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2011
harakiri:

@Oladeegbu, Of course animals can talk the same way dragons and unicorns exist in the bible. Same way Moses parted the red sea with his bare hands and Jesus walked on water. Wasn't the serpent the first animal to speak to Eve in the bible? Is a serpent human? If you believe all these, you'll believe anything.

Didn't you see the 'evidence' that animals can talk in the videoclip posted, even the parrot called 'Moses' is another scientific evidence that animals or is it birds, (whom you claim is the forefathers of dinosaurs) wink according to your evolutionary fairytale that caught that alerted the burglar to the presence of 'Jesus' which sent the fear of God into him shocked Don't forget that Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent and the serpent had no leg to stand on. shocked
Re: Can Animals Talk? by harakiri(m): 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2011
This thread is NOT about animals communicating or mimicking sounds like parrots. This is about actually TALKING e.g My dog says "Yo dawg, grab me a cheese burger and a beer on yo way back from work" and I say "Okay dawg, I gat ya"! ! ! Now that's REAL TALK right there and that's what happened in the bible. The donkey SPOKE to Balaam,he replied and they kept talking. Get it?
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2011
Who said animals can't talk.

Listen on to this conversation between two descendants of vipers:

Snake #1:  "Are we poisonous?"

Snake #2:  "I don't know. . . . Why asking?" 

Snake #1:  "I've just bitten my tongue."  shocked shocked shocked

(Who said that the old serpent shot himself in the foot? no wonder he had no leg to stand on) grin
Re: Can Animals Talk? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Who said animals can't talk.

Listen on to this conversation between two descendants of vipers:

Snake #1:  "Are we poisonous?"

Snake #2:  "I don't know. . . . Why asking?" 

Snake #1:  "I've just bitten my tongue."  shocked shocked shocked

(Who said that the old serpent shot himself in the foot? no wonder he had no leg to stand on) grin

Gosh, you are so annoying! angry

@topic

the proof is in this film, rise of the planet of the apes, go see it lipsrsealed
Re: Can Animals Talk? by harakiri(m): 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2011
Animals talk,Superman is my next door neighbour and I disvirgined Britney Spears.
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:07pm On Sep 30, 2011
More animal talk here. This time its a pig called Paco. Watch as he gets his legs pulled.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3chTCJExNQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3chTCJExNQ&feature=player_embedded#!
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2011
"Be not like the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto you" (Psalm 32;9) The Evidence Bible.

The Word of God tells us here that animals are created "without understanding." We humans are different from animals in the sense that we are created in the image of God and they are not. Human beings are aware of their "beings" we are moral, social and intelligent beings and animals are not. Animals operate on instincts for survival but humans are more than that we have the unique ability to appreciate God for this incredible creation and glory His name. Did someone say animals pray too? undecided
Re: Can Animals Talk? by KrazyHen: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2011
Olaadegbu, how old are you? use your head man because you are a xtian that does not stop you from not investigating the bible? what makes the bible and qoran holy books? how correct are these books? I'm a xtian scientist.
Re: Can Animals Talk? by PastorAIO: 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2011
[size=16pt]Balaam was just talking out of his Ass and obviously it was not the first time it had happened cos he wasn't even shocked but responded quite calmly. "my good yansh if you mock me again I shall make sure that you get thoroughly flogged."[/size]
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2011
I guess that's where they got the phrase that one is 'talking out of his a ss' undecided
Re: Can Animals Talk? by PastorAIO: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

Talking 'Moses'

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shone his torch light around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying:

"Jesus is watching you".

He nearly jumped out of his skin, switched his torch light off and froze.  When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, promised himself to take a break after the next big score, then flicked the light back on and began searching for more valuables.  Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard:

"Jesus is watching you."

Totally rattled, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice.  Finally, in the corner of the room, his torch light beam came to rest on a parrot.

"Did you just say that?"

He hissed at the parrot.

"Yes,"

the parrot confessed, then squawked,

"I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. 

"Warn me, huh? Who do you think you are any way?"

"Moses,"

Replied the bird.

"Moses?"

the burglar laughed.

"What kind of silly people would name a parrot 'Moses'?"

The bird promptly answered:

"The same kind of people that would name a Rottweiler 'Jesus'!  shocked shocked shocked

Olaadegbu I want to congratulate you on your first time of making my laugh.
Re: Can Animals Talk? by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

I guess that's where they got the phrase that one is 'talking out of his a ss' undecided

you surprise me cool
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Oct 04, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Olaadegbu I want to congratulate you on your first time of making my laugh.

Alhaji-paistor-oluwo, have I been trying to make you laugh?  You must have a very dry sense of humour then. tongue
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Oct 04, 2011
diluminati:

you surprise me cool

How did I surprise you, madam?
Re: Can Animals Talk? by KrazyHen: 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2011
@forum, i believe some of the stories in the bible are true but some of them are really childish like Numbers 22:28. I remember when i was little, you will hear stories like dont drink coconut water or else you will be dull, dont cry at mid night or else spirit will steal your voice etc but as time passess by we started learning from our experience and it is true that our experience is our best teacher

I will say it here again that i am a christian scientist, i investigate every story that comes my way be it stories from the Bible or from our modern day miracle pastors and i am presently investigating TB Joshua and Godprophet. On nairaland this dude actually said things about me that nobody knew apart from me, pretty amazing lol but does the supernatural actually exist? A realm of Angels, faires, geniis, endless possibilities? I guess some supernatural tales are for children but stories of death are real and it scares me. I just finish watching the movie "zoo keeper", animals talking, pretty amazing lol
kiss from mother Hen
Re: Can Animals Talk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00am On Oct 07, 2011
If it will take an animal to talk for you to listen then God will do it, listen to the animal talk down below:

(1) (Reply)

Should Pastors Get Involved In Politics?? / Taribo West At The Synagogue Church Of All Nations(scoan)- Live! / What Is The Morning Star ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.