Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? (579 Views)

Innoson Vehicle At Second Intra-african Trade Fair South Africa(photos) / Oilserv Partners INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Company.(photos) / Inside The Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Plant As You Have Never Seen It Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
Someone posted this on Twitter and I was all over the comments trying to analyse the possibility of that happening ..
And then I though
Has it been done before ?
Yes
What was the public's reception of the car ?
??
What where the set backs ??
Why was it not popular especially in the African market where cheap products are easily being sold ??
.. and then

Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Absuchat(m): 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2023
Na Keke u wan buy?

1 Like

Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2023
Absuchat:
Na Keke u wan buy?

Calm down bro .. it's a long thread ..
Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by shortgun(m): 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
It depends largely on the purchasing power of 1 million naira or less.

Tinubu that I know is worse than Buhari in every aspect so I expect 1 million to be worth less than 400k of today in few years to come if he continues to occupy the office of the president illegally on a stolen mandate.

Thank God for the judiciary, he will soon be sent packing.
Nigeria can never survive another disaster like Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by degamonn: 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
You can't get any good car at that rate. Good and durable cars are not cheap.
If we insist, they will try since the vehicles are more of Chinese origin.
Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2023
In the history of cheap cars .. the Tata nano takes the lead with that experiment . It costs $1300 which is approx 1million naira .

Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by RoadMozart(m): 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
Antihelminth:
In the history of cheap cars .. the Tata nano takes the lead with that experiment . It costs $1300 which is approx 1million naira .
This one na advance tricycle na grin

2 Likes

Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
Now let's explore what actually made the TATA nano to fail
It failed due to
1.Quality and safety concerns, including fire incidents...

2.Perception as a "cheap" car affected desirability.

3.Marketing and brand image failed to position it as aspirational.

4.Limited features and performance, lacking convenience and comfort.

5.Production and distribution challenges, long waiting periods.

6.Changing consumer preferences towards feature-rich options.

1 Like

Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
Now let's explore engine options ..
A new 1.0 litre engine cost Abit more than $2000 .of course you'd typically want to put a one litre engine in a smart car or pseudo smart car . Anyhow you wanna call it .Without a turbo charger of course. producing like 70 to 100hp at 2000rpm or 5000rpm is feasible .
But then that $2000 engine was produced by first world countries with first world minimum wage .and first world research and development .
That's why it's expensive . Replicating it would really cut the cost in half . 😎

The Chinese are good at that game of replicating "knock offs" .and they are usually good as original soooo

1 Like

Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by vastolord4(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
It's very achievable if he's backed by gov.. on the long run, he'll make his doe but I'm not sure the gov is ready for us

1 Like

Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
Looking at the brighter side .. using cheap Nigerian labour plus steel . It's actually possible to make a car like that but it would cost at least 3 million a pop .
But then let's explore the limitations and possibilities.
1. Low perception amongst buyers .Nigerians typically would shame you for having the "popular cheap car " I doubt we would have that problem .I mean Keke is cheap .people still buy it .hijet is cheap and unreliable people still rush it .

2.machines that make the machines .stamping the metal components need serious machines and those don't come cheap ..a loan from BOA would solve it but then u need to pay it off .and that would reflect on the final cost of the car .however an already established car company can pull it off seamlessly

3 changing technology ..seriously ..slapping a giant screen in the car solves it ..the Tata nano became too outdated ..and simply that would have solved it
Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
vastolord4:
It's very achievable if he's backed by gov.. on the long run, he'll make his doe but I'm not sure the gov is ready for us
Its not really feasible as setting up a new company is expensive and Nigerians already love second hand luxury goods ..
Questions like why buy a small car of 4 m while you can get a Benz SUV of 4m
Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
RoadMozart:

This one na advance tricycle na grin
Kinda .. it tansports 4 people tho with 4 tires and a steering wheel
Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
shortgun:
It depends largely on the purchasing power of 1 million naira or less.

Tinubu that I know is worse than Buhari in every aspect so I expect 1 million to be worth less than 400k of today in few years to come if he continues to occupy the office of the president illegally on a stolen mandate.

Thank God for the judiciary, he will soon be sent packing.
Nigeria can never survive another disaster like Buhari.
Tinibu this Peter obi that .. it's getting annoying . You people should move on please .
The topic isn't about them

1 Like

Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
degamonn:
You can't get any good car at that rate. Good and durable cars are not cheap.
If we insist, they will try since the vehicles are more of Chinese origin.
Alot of Chinese cheap cars are already in the market . Ie hijet and others .
Luxry cars are not cheap agreed . But then basic cars are cheap and if we make them here they would be more affordable imo
Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Martinsmine(m): 4:15am On Jun 07, 2023
Igno man like profit... So he won't manufacture it.. instead he will say loan

Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Antihelminth: 6:55am On Jun 07, 2023
Martinsmine:
Igno man like profit... So he won't manufacture it.. instead he will say loan

Yes giving loans to salary earners . Let's say it cost 5 million ..
A salary earners of 100k can comfortably own a new car
Re: Can Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing [IVM] Produce Cars Of 1million Or Less ?? by Martinsmine(m): 11:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
Antihelminth:

Yes giving loans to salary earners . Let's say it cost 5 million ..
A salary earners of 100k can comfortably own a new car
so possible but i doubt if he is ready to process car loans

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vulcanizer Inflate My Tyre To 60. / Is This Fuel Pump Good For 2006 Benz C230 ? / Realtime MPG Reading On Honda Civic 2009

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.