Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

The Power In Corporate Anointing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power In Corporate Anointing (163 Views)

An Introduction To My New Book: Breakthrough Corporate Anointing / How You Can Experience The Power Of Corporate Anointing / Accessing The Divine Killing Anointing By Dr D.k Olukoya - Written Sermon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power In Corporate Anointing by ocnovakmichael(m): 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
This is an excerpt from my book: Breakthrough Corporate Anointing

It is safe to say that the combined anointing on every member of the body of Christ is equivalent to the anointing upon the Lord Jesus. In Paul's letter to the church at Ephesus, he wrote that Christ has been made the head over all things to the church which is his body, the fullness of him. It suffices to say if Jesus, the head of the body, the church, has the anointing without measure, then every individual member of His body has the anointing by measure. It also implies that one might be more anointed than another by measure. For instance, in the Old Testament, Elisha had double the anointing which was upon Elijah. And in the New Testament, Paul had greater measure of the anointing than many of his contemporaries. Scripture says God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul. Meaning that, a distinctive anointing was upon Paul, to do special kinds of miracles, which was not spoken of the rest of the apostles.

Acts 19: 11-12

11. And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul

12. So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

When it comes to the church some might have more measure of the anointing than others, but the summation of it all is that every member of the church is anointed; and the combined effects of the anointing makes tremendous power available. In Acts Chapter four when Peter and John recounted to the church their ordeal at the hands of the priests, elders, and scribes they all, in one accord, lifted up their voice to God and prayed for boldness to speak the word. And the Bible says after they had prayed, they were filled with the Holy Ghost and the place was shaken where they were assembled.

We rejoice and bless God when people fall under the anointing in the church. But wait till that anointing shakes the whole building so that the walls begin to praise God. At one time the Lord Jesus said to the Pharisees, who asked him to rebuke his disciples for praising God within the walls of Jerusalem “… If these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.” (Luke 19:40). The combined anointing in the body of Christ, the church, is able to make stones shake and cry out.
I remember one time I was in a church and they were having deliverance service; and as the ministers were laying hands on members of the congregation, those with unclean spirits began manifesting. They were cursing, screaming, coming out and giving their names. Some were screaming fire: that everywhere in the church was surrounded with the fire of the Holy Ghost.
Sitting in my chair, suddenly I looked up, and I saw smoke-like mist in the air. It came rolling like a smoke in front of the church moving in the air. And when that mist rolled towards the congregation the screams increased, and many with unclean spirits fell on the floor, trembling before the Lord.
As this was going on, there was a young man in the congregation with a stubborn marine spirit. One of the minsters had laid hands on him for over 45 minutes or more but nothing happened: the spirit in him refuse to move a muscle. Notwithstanding, as the deliverance persisted, this young man kept talking aloud to himself in the church, creating a scene. Everybody in the church was dumbfounded because hands had been laid over him for several minutes yet no sign of deliverance.
When I saw that the deliverance was taking longer than expected, I began praying for the minister who was laying hands on that young man. And as I was praying, the woman next to me began praying for the minister as well: before long, several persons in the congregation began praying for the minister.
When the senior minister noticed what was happening, she began calling on God the father in the name of Jesus; and the whole church lifted up their voice in one accord unto God, the next thing we saw was that that spirit rolled on the floor and bowed his head in absolute surrender to the Lord and that young man was delivered.
You see, when that minister was administering deliverance on that young man, he was using the individual anointing upon him. But when every member of the congregation, in one accord, lifted up their voice unto God, a tremendous power was released which dispelled the unclean spirit in that young man.
The Bible teaches that the anointing is in us as individuals and collectively as a church. “Do you not discern and understand that you [the whole church at Corinth] are God’s temple (His sanctuary), and that God’s Spirit has His permanent dwelling in you [to be at home in you, collectively as a church and also individually]?” (AMPC 1 Corinthians 3:16).
Sometimes, it takes the collective anointing to deliver a person from captivity. In Acts chapter twelve, the Bible says, Herod the king killed James the brother of John and arrested Peter, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him. When the news of his arrest was noised abroad, the whole church came together to seek the face of God concerning his release: prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.
And when the whole church had prayed, the angel of the Lord walked into the cell and smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, arise up quickly and his chains fell off from his hands. And the angel said to him bind on thy sandals, cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.
Surely, there is a collective anointing resident in the church that can break into prison walls and unbind the fetters of the captives. Paul and Silas, a congregation of two, were thrust into the inner prison and their feet fast in the stocks. But at midnight they both prayed and sang praise unto God. And suddenly there was an earthquake so that the foundations of the prison were trembling and all the doors were opened, and every one’s bands were loosed.
John in his epistle said this collective anointing abides in us and will teach us all things.

1 John 2:27

27. But the anointing which ye [the church] have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Read, comment, and share. Don't hide knowledge, propagate it!
Re: The Power In Corporate Anointing by Wodu89: 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
Goodm but why do ministers hide that they don't understand corporate anoitnings and gifts when it comes to the church making financial benefits to improve the life of its members leaning on its corporate membership strengths ?
Re: The Power In Corporate Anointing by ocnovakmichael(m): 8:39am On Jun 07, 2023
Good morning.
Many churches don't benefit from corporate anointing because they were not taught it. What a minster teaches his/her congregation is what will be manifested therein. The Bible teaches that God's word is made manifest through preaching (Titus 1:3; Mark 16:20). Now, even if the minster knows the benefits of corporate anointing and refuse to teach his/her congregation, they will be helpless in a situation where they would have pooled their individual anointing.

on the other hand, many ministers dwell so little on this subject because they don't want extremism, fanaticism and excesses in their respective congregation. But extremism, fanaticism and excesses in the body of Christ should not stop us from teaching Biblical principles. I would rather have an active church whose members go into excesses and extremism, than to have a church cold, dead and silent, inactive as the grave yard.

(1) (Reply)

Abuse Scandal In The Catholic Church DW Documentary / Free Downloads / Eleventh Sunday In Ordinary Time (year A) - June 18, 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.