Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes (44111 Views)

Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri / No Man's Land! : Lagos Here We Come! (pics) / Mamman Amadu Asks Lawmakers To Make Laws To Regulate Birth Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 9:38am On Jun 14, 2023
happney65:

How do they sort indigenes and non indegines school fees between Yoruba students at tertiary institution? How?

The same way wale from Ekiti can't become ordinary councilor in Ibadan,the same way wale from Ekiti isn't an indigene of Lagos except the original owners called the Awori's

The rest of you cannot claim Lagos as you are not an Indigene

Simple,Yes..

If you don't like it, you can Hug the nearest transformer grin

Indegenes still get bursary.

The owner of Lagos include the Aworis, Ijebu and the Ogu people.

The indigenes of Lagos should be able to tell their family house and their heritage.

Only idiots will claim Lagos indegenes cannot be determined, if the needs be.

What is obtainable now is deliberate waver and leniency to almost everyone, and that's the reason it seems it's a place of no indegenes.

Perhaps a reason for an adjustment now.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 11:46am On Jun 14, 2023
nnamdi640:
Continue deceiving yourself. When it get to 100years, go and collect it

Don't always place emotion over fact.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2023
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Touchypro(m): 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Librason:

Yoruba currently and will still get more benefits in Lagos at the expense of Igbo just like Igbo people get more benefits in Anambra or Imo at the expense of Yoruba for example there is no need for unnecessary list .

Where all can do their businesses in the states , but the indigenes or the ethnic groups will get more chance in their respective states civil service , considerations in University admission (catchment area) , Health services, Bursaries e.t.c. infact. they have the soul of the state compare to strangers.

Dubai is a city opening to tourism and investors for benefits obviously.

So they will allow people in, including Nigeria and India you mentioned but they still have restrictions and can adjust if people abuse benefits just like what they did recently against countries, including Nigeria.

There are no lawless cities or countries
( where there is no war ) , a place can't be without those who control it .
Good so why are yoruba people crying everywhere when we haven't done anything. These things you mentioned are still controlled by Yoruba people in Lagos. Igbos are taking over your State yet you are still in charge of every important position in the State, is their any Igbo man that makes any decision on how Lagos should be run.

Like I said before if they enact laws that will be unfavorable to non indigenes they'll start leaving and I'm sure the Lagos State government won't even consider such laws cos they like the way Lagos is progressing which means more money for their selves.

They only use taking over propaganda to make sure that no opposition will smell power and it is working very well for them.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2023
Touchypro:
Good so why are yoruba people crying everywhere when we haven't done anything. These things you mentioned are still controlled by Yoruba people in Lagos. Igbos are taking over your State yet you are still in charge of every important position in the State, is their any Igbo man that makes any decision on how Lagos should be run.

Like I said before if they enact laws that will be unfavorable to non indigenes they'll start leaving and I'm sure the Lagos State government won't even consider such laws cos they like the way Lagos is progressing which means more money for their selves.

They only use taking over propaganda to make sure that no opposition will smell power and it is working very well for them.

Why are Igbos lamenting even when the law is not out yet , a state wants to help her indigenes more and you are crying! are you the only tribe in the state?

You say the law will make people/development leave the state , then why not wait and see.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
budaatum:

This is amusingly funny if true. A non-Lagosian wanting to pass laws that negatively affect him too, lol.

He began by saying " Lagos is NOT a no man's land" that "Lagos is a Yoruba land" perhaps his proposal will be Yoruba friendly in general.

Is that not stupidity , if you say someone is not Lagos indegene and he will propose a law that will go against him, when he is not stupid, why would he do that.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by skj1377(m): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2023
Nigeria is having structural issues. Hope Nigeria will remain United.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
budaatum:

Are you not here dragging?

No one has to remain in their indigenous state if they do not want to and have the cahunas to resist bigots like you.

That's true , it's not a must that people must remain in their indegenous home, if one doesn't want to go home , one can at least find a better place but it's insane if you have an option and you don't utilize it.

If you an okada man for instance , will you not move to Asaba to continue your Okada business after it is banned in Kano and if you don't want to move to your home town.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
Creeper:

This is a great post. There was a thread about the people who founded different parts of Lagos on here a few days ago and if you understand the etymology of Yoruba names - you can pretty much tell the subgroups of Yoruba a lot of them belong to.

I think Oyo seems to always get neglected when it comes to indigenous Lagosians despite Oyo people being one of the original inhabitants of what’s known as Lagos today. With Badagry for example: Oyo and Aworis have a better claim to it than the Eguns (Ogus) who’re settlers that arrived there after leaving Whydah (I think or is it Quidah?) - due to the King Ghezo. I don’t know if you have seen Viola Davis and John Boyega’s “The Warrior King” (the movie isn’t 100% historically accurate tho) but it did show when the people of Quidah were attacked by King Ghezo. I believe that’s when a lot of them migrated to what’s know today’s as Badagry. Ikoyi is another one: Onikoyi anywhere in Yorubaland is Oyo, so that’s pretty straightforward. Also, with Eyo festival - the Dosunmu family inherited Eyo from Ijebu (Iperu-Remo) via marriage thus making them the custodian of Eyo in Lagos as Adimu orisha but the 2nd most powerful Eyo (I can’t remember its name) is Oyo (from Iseyin). Etc.

Let me go on a tangent a bit with the excerpt about Ijebuland sharing borders with Osun. I didn’t really know that and thanks for the heads up. It makes the claim that Ijebus stationed tens of thousands of Ijebu warriors in Ife to protect Ife during the Yoruba wars much more plausible now. I always thought Ijebus just shared borders Oyo state since Ijebus are part of the integral part of the Yoruba settlers in Ibadan - after the Egbas vacated the city and migrated to their current abode in Abeokuta. I was going to delve more into Ife and the pre-Oduduwa migration of Yoruba groups like Aworis and Eastern Yoruba subgroups from Ife and Ife empire but I’ll leave that for another day.

Oyo people are from Oyo, a well pronounced place as Oyo before they migrated.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Touchypro(m): 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
Librason:

Why are Igbos lamenting even when the law is not out yet , a state wants to help her indigenes more and you are crying! are you the only tribe in the state?

You say the law will make people/development leave the state , then why not wait and see.
Nobody is crying, it is you who said we taking over your State when we haven't done anything. We really don't care how you do things in your State.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2023
kazyhm:

Babatunde Raji Fashola is from surulere
Akinwunmi Ambode is from epe
Olusola BabaJide Sanwo-olu is from Lagos island

Fashola is Ekiti by origin while Ambode is Ondo by origin.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
Touchypro:
Nobody is crying, it is you who said we taking over your State when we haven't done anything. We really don't care how you do things in your State.

You are not taking over our state because you are not the only one there, just wait and see how things will go, no noise yet .
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
Touchypro:

So what exactly are you talking about? That someone from Sharjah will go to Dubai and be treated with a different law because he's from Sharjah in the same UAE? Is Lagos not part of Nigeria anymore? Indians are not from UAE they are immigrants, they would need passport to go to Dubai but in this case Igbos are Nigerians so they have the right that every Nigerian have.

Now there's a question that you didn't answer, what are the things in Lagos that you want only Yorubas to enjoy that other tribes shouldn't enjoy? I want to know those things. If you tell me I will honestly help you campaign for it on Twitter. I just want to know these things that an average Yoruba man should enjoy in Lagos that shouldn't be available for other tribes

They want to favour their own.
They may show bias in land acquisition, rentals e.t.c
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by kazyhm(m): 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Are related to the two of them ?
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by kazyhm(m): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
Librason:

Fashola is Ekiti by origin while Ambode is Ondo by origin.

Funsho Williams is from Edo state
Musiliu Obanikoro is fromoyo state
Michael Otedola is probably from Kwara state....
Also Lateef Jakande is from kogi......

You people will go any length to prove that Lagos have no indigenes.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by OsunOriginal: 9:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
EcoBrick:

https://dailytrust.com/no-mans-land-lagos-to-make-laws-to-protect-indigenes/

The first good news coming out of Nigeria since the last election...

Se bi dem say Lagos is no man's land, you haven't see anything yet. More very strict laws are coming - apartheid gov in SA will be a child's play. We will push all of you to one side of Lagos - the ghetto side.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 9:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
kazyhm:

Funsho Williams is from Edo state
Musiliu Obanikoro is fromoyo state
Michael Otedola is probably from Kwara state....
Also Lateef Jakande is from kogi......

You people will go any length to prove that Lagos have no indigenes.

If you have been following my post albinitio you will know that I've not been party to this nonsense talk of "Lagos is no man's land" , I am a proud Yoruba man and I believe Lagos has it's indegenes.

But I don't post falsehood and nonsense to defend my point just for the sake of argument.

Open your ears and listen again

Fashola , Ekiti by origin.
Ambode, Ondo by origin.
Tinubu, Osun by origin.
Jakande, Kwara by origin.

Have they denied their origin, even though a lot of them were born in Lagos.

They were born in Lagos (some of them) but they have never denied the origin of their father.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by oyatz(m): 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2023
nnamdi640:
All this your long story doesn't show that you really care about the indigene of the state, because of really you do, you would been fighting for it long time ago but rather you waited till now.

1) The time you wake up is your morning- Yoruba Proverb.

2) The best time to plant a tree was 20years ago, the next best time is NOW- Chinese Proverb.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 12:20am On Jun 18, 2023
Yorubafather:

LAGOS IS A NO MANS LAND ..... LAGOS BELONG TO ALL NIGERIANS.... NOTHING ANYBODY CAN DO ABOUT IT, KISS THE TRUTH CHILDREN OF HATE

Is that what your father told you?
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 12:26am On Jun 18, 2023
ginggerxy:
Osu was mostly people captured during war and it has been abolished in every SE state . Just do what I ask you and stop your normal lies and propaganda.

Osu , " people captured during war " or " those who did abomination"?
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 1:42am On Jun 18, 2023
ginggerxy:
In as much as other people from other states have ruled they still allow the indegenes to take their rightful position. It's even a point of debate to wether there's actually indegeous lagosians or everybody came and occupied an empty land?

If others can come from other states to govern in Enugu and Ebonyi, states that are not as sophisticated or complex as Lagos , where you probably know who is who comparatively, then what's the surprise that other Yorubas (who were even born in Lagos) governing Lagos?

And talking about Lagos indegenes, no one is preventing them, they occupy other political positions and true indigenes shall govern Lagos to stupor , just calm and see, on the way .
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 1:56am On Jun 18, 2023
babydioku:
Abuja should also make laws to protect indegenes, even oil exploration communities in niger delta should make laws to protect indegenes lands and protect indegenes jobs in oil companies

F.C.T minister should help them do it, but it's going to be like weak erection that can't penetrate pussilicious - vagina unlike what is obtainable in the states, hard - dick penetration because the state is empowered.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 2:17am On Jun 18, 2023
nnamdi640:
All this your long story doesn't show that you really care about the indigene of the state, because if you really do, you would have been fighting for it long time ago but rather you waited till now.

Better late than never.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 2:29am On Jun 18, 2023
oyatz:

1) The time you wake up is your morning- Yoruba Proverb.

2) The best time to plant a tree was 20years ago, the next best time is NOW- Chinese Proverb.

Better late than never.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by successmatters(m): 7:33pm On Feb 28
Ajasin was a no man, that's why he said it was a no mans Land

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Restructuring: I Won’t Cede Power To Those Who Didn't Win Elections - Buhari / Osinbajo, Ambode Dance At Redeemed Convention (Photos) / #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.