Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes (44079 Views)

Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri / No Man's Land! : Lagos Here We Come! (pics) / Mamman Amadu Asks Lawmakers To Make Laws To Regulate Birth Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by ginggerxy: 8:17am On Jun 10, 2023
Librason:

Open your empty and vacuum brain let me pour sense in it.

If Yoruba dey fight themselves for Yoruba land or Yoruba dey dominate Lagos indigenes, leave them now , sebi na the same people dem be , are they complaining to you Igbos? or do think Lagos indegenes are on your side?
Then why trying to make it look like it's other ethnic groups living in Lagos (especially the Igbos) are the ones subjugating Lagos State indegenes? You are happy the state assembly is trying to make law that will protect the indegenes of Lagos State? if that's actually what that law is to address , then it should be to stop people like Tinubu, sanwo olu, fashola from becoming Lagos State governor. At the bolded , it's the mad man who is always first to call others mad.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 9:02am On Jun 10, 2023
Librason:

You are Ignoramus, you can't differentiate the power of the state from the power of federal government..

Go to adult school.
Keep your English to yourself. The interior motive is to find a way to forcefully collect the land your people has sold out just because there no land again to sell. Again there are so many land acquired by federal government in Lagos, come to my side you will see massive land acquired by fg, if Lagos State government have the liver, they should go and reclaim those land instead of looking for a way to forcefully collect the land of people they feel they can intimidate.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 9:06am On Jun 10, 2023
Librason:

Ogbeni, law will clear your face, criminality my foot.
I pity your people in other states, when others will face you guys then you will know that the last to do dey pain pass
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2023
Librason:

Oh boy, if it's law , it's law.

Which documents? You for kuku call am receipt..

You can check the agreements on the land your father bought to know the details or go to Lagos Secretariat in Alausa, IKEJA..

People wey no like to develope their place but they can die in another's man land and their calling for the nation of their own, that's ironic

Lol, I laughed in Swahili. The structure Igbos put down in Lagos is less compare to what they put down in their home towns unlike you that your father brought down to Lagos State and you start claiming Lagosian forgetting your root, some of you guys don't even know where you came from, all you do is to claim Lagosian, no wonder some of your home towns are referred to as brown roofs town. In short I will prefer you to insult me in order for me to learn more but for me to insult you again is what I won't do because I want you to die in your ignorance.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by oxiide22(m): 5:51am On Jun 11, 2023
Creamypie:
asaba is Igala, kogi, just forget your expansionist agenda
h
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Ventura1: 7:26am On Jun 11, 2023
It is unfortunate, but the igbo's overdo things. During the course of the election around Haruna in ogba, a banner just spring up in front of a house claiming Eze Ndigbo of Ifako-ijaiye.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by INDOMIE9090(f): 7:43am On Jun 11, 2023
ginggerxy:
What exactly is the relationship between other states Yorubas and Lagos State Yoruba polictics? As you asserted in the gibberish you wrote up there. Do lagos state yorubas go to ogun state or iragbiji I osun state to call an individual to come and rule the because they do not posses the administrative ability to govern them selves ? Do you still realise that there's what is called state of origin in the Nigeria constitution? There's never a time we hear that Lagos State indigien is the governor or Oba in any other state in the south west? This your attitude of always trying to rule Lagos with people from ogun state, osun, oyo, and the rest , and not people from Lagos State it's self is actually telling them that they do not own Lagos State.
when did Lagos indigene complain say yoruba from other state are dominating them??
Emeka,we don’t discriminate here unlike your osu caste region where anambra see enugu as low class ibos.
Meanwhile,the current house speaker of OSUN state is from OFFA,kwara state,osun indigene never see anything bad in it as long as he his yoruba,meanwhile, Lagos indigene dominate civil service in ogun state

2 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by ginggerxy: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
when did Lagos indigene complain say yoruba from other state are dominating them??
Emeka,we don’t discriminate here unlike your osu caste region where anambra see enugu as low class ibos.
Meanwhile,the current house speaker of OSUN state is from OFFA,kwara state,osun indigene never see anything bad in it as long as he his yoruba,meanwhile, Lagos indigene dominate civil service in ogun state
The present Enugu State governor is from ebonyi state. The former ebonyi state governor Sam egwu is from Abia state so what exactly are you saying? If you talk about marginalization it's tailored down to leadership and the polictical dorminance . If you can't allow true lagosian like abaje and GRV to become governor of Lagos State because of someone from ogun state or osun state , you're actually telling them they don't own their state. Indegenisation as it's implies in the constitution of Nigeria allow people from a particular state to rule the state and not people from their tribe to rule people in their state then turn around to say you want to protect them ? Protect them from who exactly? Maybe from their greedy selves of course. Learn how to argue without starting with insults .
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by aswani(m): 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
ginggerxy:
The present Enugu State governor is from ebonyi state. The former ebonyi state governor Sam egwu is from Abia state so what exactly are you saying?

This is wonderful to read gingerxy. Knowing that in ala Igbo, you can be from a neighbouring state and be allowed to rule in other Ndigbo states, absolutely fantastic.

This means you and other Ndigbos would have no problem at all with Yorùbá's from neighbouring states ruling Lagos, àbi?

After all Ndigbos have shown those so called sophisticated Yorùbá's the way forward in the matter, right?

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by ginggerxy: 1:41pm On Jun 11, 2023
aswani:

This is wonderful to read gingerxy. Knowing that in ala Igbo, you can be from a neighbouring state and be allowed to rule in other Ndigbo states, absolutely fantastic.

This means you and other Ndigbos would have no problem at all with Yorùbá's from neighbouring states ruling Lagos, àbi?

After all Ndigbos have shown those so called sophisticated Yorùbá's the way forward in the matter, right?

In as much as other people from other states have ruled they still allow the indegenes to take their rightful position. It's even a point of debate to wether there's actually indegeous lagosians or everybody came and occupied an empty land?
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Namigotalktru: 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
Anybody that has problem with this needs to go to their state and welcome people from other tribes first

2 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Namigotalktru: 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2023
aswani:

Fashola and Tinubu were not from Lagos state so nothing new there

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 12:47am On Jun 12, 2023
nnamdi640:
Lol, I laughed in Swahili. The structure Igbos put down in Lagos is less compare to what they put down in their home towns unlike you that your father brought down to Lagos State and you start claiming Lagosian forgetting your root, some of you guys don't even know where you came from, all you do is to claim Lagosian, no wonder some of your home towns are referred to as brown roofs town. In short I will prefer you to insult me in order for me to learn more but for me to insult you again is what I won't do because I want you to die in your ignorance.

You will die in Ignorance not me, are you okay?
Who is claiming Lagos? Let the state help their indegenes, if they want, why are you people crying?!.

The apartment your father rent in Lagos, you will give the land owners their right to review if they will continue with you and if not , you can return to your dirty village.

Or else if your father wants to die in strange land then the choice is his.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 1:19am On Jun 12, 2023
nnamdi640:
I pity your people in other states, when others will face you guys then you will know that the last to do dey pain pass

Your people will get sense las las that this thing is a blessing in disguise, to make you develope your home and stop this sitting at home you do on every monday morning.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 1:22am On Jun 12, 2023
Librason:

You will die in Ignorance not me, are you okay?
Who is claiming Lagos? Let the state help their indegenes, if they want, why are you people crying?!.

The apartment your father rent in Lagos, you will give the land owners their right to review if they will continue with you and if not , you can return to your dirty village.

Or else if your father wants to die in strange land then the choice is his.
Trust us, we do joke with our home town, unlike some people that don't know where they came from
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 1:27am On Jun 12, 2023
nnamdi640:
Keep your English to yourself. The interior motive is to find a way to forcefully collect the land your people has sold out just because there no land again to sell. Again there are so many land acquired by federal government in Lagos, come to my side you will see massive land acquired by fg, if Lagos State government have the liver, they should go and reclaim those land instead of looking for a way to forcefully collect the land of people they feel they can intimidate.

Give example the land FG has seized from Lagos without giving a vague talk and we will know explanation behind it.
Collection of land is not collection of soul , or is it the end of life? why killing yourself then?
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 1:30am On Jun 12, 2023
nnamdi640:
Trust us, we do joke with our home town, unlike some people that don't know where they came from

Those people who don't know where they came from are part of you now ...
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 1:41am On Jun 12, 2023
ginggerxy:
Then why trying to make it look like it's other ethnic groups living in Lagos (especially the Igbos) are the ones subjugating Lagos State indegenes? You are happy the state assembly is trying to make law that will protect the indegenes of Lagos State? if that's actually what that law is to address , then it should be to stop people like Tinubu, sanwo olu, fashola from becoming Lagos State governor. At the bolded , it's the mad man who is always first to call others mad.

Have they mentioned you or mentioned any Igbo , they say they want to improve their indigenes and you Igbos are unsettled, are you the only tribe in Lagos?
If you had not done mad thing, then you wouldn't have been served mad food.
You are mad because you acted that way, by abusing him first.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by ola6: 1:59am On Jun 12, 2023
Ibos are the only ones complaining. Keep pushing your luck. The more you complain, the more we see you for who you are.

As for those saying we want to collect "your land that you bought", were you not aware that your CofO is a lease agreement? You do not "OWN" anything in Lagos.

The law will be put in place to set things in order

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by ginggerxy: 2:50am On Jun 12, 2023
Librason:

Have they mentioned you or mentioned any Igbo , they say they want to improve their indigenes and you Igbos are unsettled, are you the only tribe in Lagos?
If you had not done mad thing, then you wouldn't have been served mad food.
You are mad because you acted that way, by abusing him first.
What mad thing has the Igbos done in lagos exactly? Just give me example. Because in all what I have been seeing no body has actually said the bad things the igbo did in lagos state. If you know anyone say it, and don't run away from the question .
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by optionalY09: 3:20am On Jun 12, 2023
RockHard:

It's not by force to live in Lagos. If you no like am you fit relocate to any other state wey ready to accommodate una excesses, or you can 'go to court'.

My sister married an Akwa Ibom man. Would you imagine that the family deprived her husband all his entitlement because of his wife Yoruba?
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by oyatz(m): 6:15am On Jun 12, 2023
nnamdi640:
When 99years reach, tell your governor to collect it back.

The Government can even revoke it today if there is an overriding PUBLIC interest.

I hope you know that Ikorodu Road, Funsho Williams Avenue, many of the Jakande Estates, Stadia and many Public Monuments were built on the Ancestral Family lands (including Ancestral Compounds) of certain people?

I remember around 1989/1990 some people made a riot to prevent the construction of the road from Iyana-Ipaja to Idimu because the construction would pass through a sacred burial ground in which their ancestors were buried ,including a revered king.

Many of the older indigenes were emotional and shed tears when Gov Raji Rasaki came to the areas with 'Godogodo Soldiers' to whip the protesting Villagers and ordered bulldozers to level the place up.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 6:52am On Jun 12, 2023
ginggerxy:
What mad thing has the Igbos done in lagos exactly? Just give me example. Because in all what I have been seeing no body has actually said the bad things the igbo did in lagos state. If you know anyone say it, and don't run away from the question .

What do you mean about running away from the question? do you think IAM a hater !? No!
I have all tribes around me, some are my families .

I ve been told personally by an Igbo person that Lagos is a no man's land, until he was strongly opposed,God is my witness, only if you don't believe in God .

I don't know if the same has been said to another person , but we shouldn't assume that the place is without indegenous people and our body language should not suggest that and why not ?! people should carry on with their business and wait for what is going to be done , no panic.

I wish Lagos is decongested and other parts of the country are relatively peaceful and are also well developed , because people come in thousands /per second , even from another country.

Lagos is the smallest state, and if the authority are in for a bit of control ,we shouldn't see things from point of politics.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2023
Jeffy1206:
you try small but I'll give you 5/100 👍

If you visit your elders (who are enlightened & not emotional ),

Or do site visit, meet researchers, meet professors of Geography, Anthropology, History and the likes and present them with what I have served you , they will score it 100/100 because it's a known fact for the enlightened, there is no controversy in it , only if one is emotional or unenlightened.

More examples ijaw in Bayelsa and ijaw in Rivers are the same people in different states, who spread over the two states even before any boundary is drawn, before Nigeria is formed , let alone Rivers and Bayelsa state.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by babydioku(f): 7:20am On Jun 12, 2023
Abuja should also make laws to protect indegenes, even oil exploration communities in niger delta should make laws to protect indegenes lands and protect indegenes jobs in oil companies
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by babydioku(f): 7:26am On Jun 12, 2023
Yorubas always behaving like baba suwe
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by ginggerxy: 7:34am On Jun 12, 2023
Librason:

What do you mean about running away from the question? do you think IAM a hater !? No!
I have all tribes around me, some are my families .

I ve been told personally by an Igbo person that Lagos is a no man's land, until he was strongly opposed,God is my witness, only if you don't believe in God .

I don't know if the same has been said to another person , but we shouldn't assume that the place is without indegenous people and our body language should not suggest that and why not ?! people should carry on with their business and wait for what is going to be done , no panic.

I wish Lagos is decongested and other parts of the country are relatively peaceful and are also well developed , because people come in thousands /per second , even from another country.

Lagos is the smallest state, and if the authority are in for a bit of control ,we shouldn't see things from point of politics.
Do you know the origin of that statement lagos is no man's land? I just hope you understand that the statement was meant to present lagos state as home of opportunities for all? And that was lateef jakandes speech. Will you kill jakande because he said so? And how did that statement affect the lives of indegenes of lagos State? You give so much energy on petty things and neglect the important ones . Typical of Africans. And please aside Igbos "allegedly" saying lagos is no man's land, what bad things are they doing in lagos again? Please just list a few ? Because you can't keep accusing someone of doing bad things without giving examples of what they did . You keep saying you're not a hater which I agreed to, but then you have to tell me those bad things.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by aswani(m): 8:06am On Jun 12, 2023
ginggerxy:
Do you know the origin of that statement lagos is no man's land? I just hope you understand that the statement was meant to present lagos state as home of opportunities for all? And that was lateef jakandes speech. Will you kill jakande because he said so? And how did that statement affect the lives of indegenes of lagos State? You give so much energy on petty things and neglect the important ones . Typical of Africans. And please aside Igbos "allegedly" saying lagos is no man's land, what bad things are they doing in lagos again? Please just list a few ? Because you can't keep accusing someone of doing bad things without giving examples of what they did . You keep saying you're not a hater which I agreed to, but then you have to tell me those bad things.

gingerxy, let's assume you are from Mbaise, you yourself have a right to say "This Mbaise is a sh*thole", I as I am not from Mbaise, do not have that right to use the exact words, even in the same context. It's called common sense or common courtesy.

Bàbà Kékeré used the words "No man's land" in a certain context, trust me, the various Nairaland Obidients used those same words in a very different context to him.

You only need to read the other words they typed after or before they typed those three words to see it was "pregnant with meaning". Quite frankly, Obidients using those words are doing so as a form of abuse and insults (something they are admittedly quite good at).

Feel free to go to any European country or the USA and denigrate their country or land in front of their natives, you will quickly realise it is not just Africans that focus on the "petty things".

The thread topic is about protecting indigenes of Lagos, lots of other Tribes live in Lagos, how did it morph into an anti Igbo thing? Maybe if you open a thread with the question of "what bad things are Ibo's doing in Lagos" , you might get an answer.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 8:58am On Jun 12, 2023
oyatz:

The Government can even revoke it today if there is an overriding PUBLIC interest.

I hope you know that Ikorodu Road, Funsho Williams Avenue, many of the Jakande Estates, Stadia and many Public Monuments were built on the Ancestral Family lands (including Ancestral Compounds) of certain people?

I remember around 1989/1990 some people made a riot to prevent the construction of the road from Iyana-Ipaja to Idimu because the construction would pass through a sacred burial ground in which their ancestors were buried ,including a revered king.

Many of the older indigenes were emotional and shed tears when Gov Raji Rasaki came to the areas with 'Godogodo Soldiers' to whip the protesting Villagers and ordered bulldozers to level the place up.
It is understandable when there is a good reason for doing that, but when you do that just because Obi won Lagos or because of mere propaganda then you should expect the worst from the people, this time it might lead to tribal unrest because your people in other states will bear the consequences. If you guys really know the demage you are causing your fellow Yoruba in other people's state, you won't even go near the thing you are doing now. Believe me even if the governor should come up with a good reason to revoke people's land in this present time, people will till see it as the wickedness you guys have in mind against non indigenes, beside you can't collect one person land and you now decided to spear that of a man from Ogun just because he is a Yoruba man, the fact still remains that a man from Ogun is also a non indigene. You guys just have to be careful with your actions.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 9:04am On Jun 12, 2023
Librason:

Give example the land FG has seized from Lagos without giving a vague talk and we will know explanation behind it.
Collection of land is not collection of soul , or is it the end of life? why killing yourself then?
Go and do your own research if you really want it badly.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 9:06am On Jun 12, 2023
ginggerxy:

Or else if you are ignorant of it albinitio, I know about it long time ago that the statement "Lagos is no man's land" is attributed to Lateef Jakande, a man from Kwara state and is done in supposedly good faith to suggest Lagos is land of opportunity where all can make it, even though I belief the man would have been circumspect in such speech , if he had known that such statement will be misdirected to mean " Lagos doesn't belong to any particular indigenes, unlike other states that if you arrive Lagos this morning you can begin to raise your shoulders in the afternoon claiming you are also the indegenes of the place , and that's is what " a no man's land " mean in direct interpretation and such has been expressed many times , which is wrong!

If they describe your father's land as no man's land, the direct meaning of it and with such cautiousness in people , the result you've been getting in Lagos is what you will get.

Indigenes of a state can be given some quota in state civil service for instance, bursaries, catchment in University admission, Subsidy in education, health services e.t.c

This is Federalism , a state is not just in a name , they have their indegenes and if you call it a no man's land , then people can leave your father's land say Anambra this morning and land in Lagos and also feel entitled and demand for what was listed above with immediate effect , what they should enjoy in their state, that is what " a no man's land" means.

These are some examples, other exist in other areas , it's not everything a state has in mind for his indigenes , that others will be making a noise or lamenting about.

This is different from outright discrimination since non - indigenes will still live in the state and enjoy some benefits, a reminder that indegenes exist in every state and we have state of origin and not state of residence in this country, but Lagos has been cheated, raped and dominated overtime by outsiders making ungrateful comment and tend to forget their origin.

And stop this stupid act of personalizing the issues , am I the one making the plans, is it not issues in the news that is on the table?

" Concentrate on petty things and ignore the important ones " nonsense!
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nnamdi640: 9:09am On Jun 12, 2023
Librason:

Your people will get sense las las that this thing is a blessing in disguise, to make you develope your home and stop this sitting at home you do on every monday morning.
Who told you that our place is not developed, you just continue spreading rumors as a result of hatred you have towards Igbos, remove Lagos State that was developed as a result of initially been the federal capital territory, which other states in southwest is developed. Imo State alone is more developed that any states in southwest accept for Lagos, talkless of Anambra

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Aba : Tension In Osisioma As Police, Army Clash (photos) / You Can’t Succeed Outside Your Educational Qualification - Buhari / Femi-Kayode Reacts To Buhari's Media Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.