Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes (44104 Views)

Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri / No Man's Land! : Lagos Here We Come! (pics) / Mamman Amadu Asks Lawmakers To Make Laws To Regulate Birth Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Angelfrost(m): 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
This is good...! Other states should follow suit!

More efforts should be made to move top companies and organizations to other top states in Nigeria!

Create more efficient and functional seaports in other regions!... Open them up to the world!

Decongest Lagos for the good of Nigeria!

5 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by JetStar: 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:
I'm certain this is unconstitutional. But we shall indeed see.

Obasa the immigrant want to steal land from the Egunje people who have historical rights by declaring Lagos a Yoruba Land. Ole.

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Ttipsy(f): 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
Just call it tribalism law
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by cktheluckyman: 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
Let Lagos state government first initiate madness ,they will soon find out that no region or state has a monopoly over madness.

7 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by thatigboman: 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
I hope you're Lagos indigine and not typing from Oyo state ? 😂 😂
98% of those yoruba people typing rubbish are not from lagos, they are mostly from rural osogbo. some of them have not even stepped foot in lagos.

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Mrfeel: 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
OkutaNla:
Very welcome development. Lagos permits too much nonsense that other states won't even tolerate. Yoruba people are saying enough is enough. Anyone that feels one kind about it is free to move to another state.
It's very good , the real indigenes of Lagos are not up to 5 million , it's time to separate the real Lagos indigenes from yoruba migrants from ibadan ogun kwara ekiti osun , who are oppressing the real indigenes of Lagos , MC oluomo is from kwara state but he does things in Lagos like he is an indigene of lagos

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Tommydare(m): 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
So far you are yoruba and you behave yourself... but if you no be yoruba...ki je ti baba ti omo ko ma ni ala...
Chibuzoc:
grin I am from ogbomosho cheesy am I an indigene?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nicolo360: 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
Cholls:
My brothers and sisters I hope this new laws will not prevent their men from marrying Ngozi,Amaka,Chiyere from the East o

You shouldn’t have given out your daughters in the first place, recall one of my uncles rejected an Igbo guy from marrying his daughter back then.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by TUTU147: 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
EZENDIZUOGU:
So OIL blocks in NIger Delta should be own by them alone. They better not start because it will rob off on everyone
They are shooting themselves without knowing

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Yomit71(m): 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
TUTU147:
That is what we are hoping for,let the indigenous people enjoy what God Almighty bless them with.Imagine chevron having it headquarters in lagos while all it oil wells are in the south east and south south.Our oil and gas will be for our people.
Chevron cannot locate it's headquarters in South East because of vandalism, violence and intolerance of the citizens. So they prefer a peaceful and accommodating host which we all know Yoruba is first in Nigeria undecided kiss kiss

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by michoim(m): 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
OkutaNla:
Very welcome development. Lagos permits too much nonsense that other states won't even tolerate. Yoruba people are saying enough is enough. Anyone that feels one kind about it is free to move to another state.
Yes, indeed Lagos permit too much nonsense, including harassment of Agberos on hard working transporters etc..lol

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Tommydare(m): 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
Before the matter reach court....2 by 2 don land on your face. Just dey play.
budaatum:

Thankfully, the court will recognise you contravening the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by budaatum: 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
demmie1:

Which constitution? Written by whom?

Did you not go to school? I'm sure they'd have taught you this there. But if you know nothing about it, I suggest this conversation is way beyond your level.

Here though, in case you want to grow.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by AfonjaScud: 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:

Unconstitutional in afghayeastern or in your dreams ?
You will learn never to start what you can't finish

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by kosssy: 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
These comments here are laughable. It seems as though they are interpreting the statement wrongly. The way I see this, it's for the benefit of all Lagos occupants. I mean if the indigenes are happy, it'll be to the advantage of nonindigenes as well.😎😎
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by MightySparrow: 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
The second class citizens ( àtọ̀un -rin - wa, ọmọ ilẹ̀kilẹ̀), know themselves.

By their names you shall know them.
grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Ttipsy(f): 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
TUTU147:
Good one, maybe the law will deprived non indigene from buying land and owing landed property in lagos.This will push other states to make same laws that non indigene will not work in a company in their state.State like delta will make a law that all oil companies operating in the state must employ only delta state indigene, likewise river state and other south south state.This will definitely water the ground for separation.State will start controlling all the resources in her state.It is a very good development.When you want to shoot yourself you will not know.
what kind of law is that?? Lol una For this country hate but can't tell yourselves the truth imagine
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by MrAgbako: 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Funny people
In this 21 first century

Na im people dey come up with this kind ancient and primitive ideas

If we should even discuss the real owner of lagos

The Binis own lagos

Please you don't know your history don't quote me

Meet any of your elderly ones and also them or rather walk into any of your monarch Palace and seek for knowledge

Go court or invite more IBOs to Benin and make one of them governor after obaseki tenure ewobi.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by sulaak(m): 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
This is the right decision for an indigenous Lagosian.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by budaatum: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
JetStar:

Obasa the immigrant want to steal land from the Egunje people who have historical rights by declaring Lagos a Yoruba Land. Ole.

Explain how one steals land that you sold and collected money for please.

Once you sell your "historical rights" you have no rights at all.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by cktheluckyman: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
sammirano:

you will cry soon when you are shown where you rights end.

oga the good thing about this is that Lagos state does not have the monopoly of making such laws.By the time this goes round,Igbos will not be the ones crying.Trust me.Nigeria is run by oil money and we know who will cry when every state starts their own madness
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by RockHard: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:

Bianca's situation is nothing like what is being proposed in Lagos! She could have still contested, and if people voted for her she might have won. Her situation is similar to Lagosians claiming they would not elect Obi, which they are free to do. What they can not do is pass some stupid ignorant law claiming Obi is not eligible to run because he is not from Lagos.

Oh. And please stop assuming anyone who does not support this ignorance must be from ObiTown.

I don't care where you're from or what happens to Bianca, that's you people's business. I'm Awori and Yoruba, and only Aworis, Ijebus, and other yoruba clans have the exclusive right to decide what happens in Lagos. It's the same way other indigenes of other states/regions decide the level of influence they give to outsiders to decide their fate. We are saying enough of ibo excesses. You people can never and will never be accorded the same status that other yorubas enjoy in Lagos or anywhere in yorubaland. Constitution or no constitution. If you're not happy about that you're free to relocate to ala Igbo.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Ogsirsolo: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Edo no be Lagos..Edo state people no say no be them get Lagos
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Funny people
In this twenty first century

Na im people dey come up with this kind ancient and primitive ideas

If we should even discuss the real owner of lagos

The Binis own lagos

Please if you don't know your history don't quote me

Meet any of your elderly ones and ask them or rather walk into any of your monarch Palace and seek for knowledge

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by OlawaleBammie: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
I hope you're Lagos indigine and not typing from Oyo state ? 😂 😂

For u to know I am not a lagos indigenes...and I am typing from Benin...are u OK now??

I am not like u that deny its origin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Enemyofpeace: 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
Way to go. Finally the osus go return home to their ancestors

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by OldBeer: 1:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
TUTU147:
That is what we are hoping for,let the indigenous people enjoy what God Almighty bless them with.Imagine chevron having it headquarters in lagos while all it oil wells are in the south east and south south.Our oil and gas will be for our people.
Maybe if you can provide a peaceful environment for them, those oil companies will stay.
Don't blame them for running away from kidnappers and militants

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Enemyofpeace: 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
RockHard:

I don't care where you're from or what happens to Bianca, that's you people's business. I'm Awori and Yoruba, and only Aworis, Ijebus, and other yoruba clans have the exclusive right to decide what happens in Lagos. It's the same way other indigenes of other states/regions decide the level of influence they give to outsiders to decide their fate. We are saying enough of ibo excesses. You people can never and will never be accorded the same status that other yorubas enjoy in Lagos or anywhere in yorubaland. Constitution or no constitution. If you're not happy about that you're free to relocate to ala Igbo.
my brother please tell them o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by foleskay(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
TUTU147:
Are the oil producing states not collecting derivatives from d oil wells? Is lagos collecting any oil derivatives?? That oil companies relocated their headquarters to Lagos isn't d business of lagos but the business concern of the oil companies. undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by itsene: 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:
Most likely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by AfonjaScud: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
nnamdi640:
Law wey no go carry water. You can't sell your land to someone else and still want to claim ownership. Hope the court will do the needful when you try any rubbish. What am seeing is people that want to shoot their own selves, this will make other states to target with your own people.

Chinedugorom Bebex, you are already peeing in your pants ?

Note .."reverse all that réversibles...".
You will waste so much money and time in the courts so much, you will turn your back and relocate to your village in grief.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
thatigboman:
98% of those yoruba people typing rubbish are not from lagos, they are mostly from rural osogbo. some of them have not even stepped foot in lagos.
and? yoruba are the indigenous in lagos. Frankly this wouldn't be a thing if a certain eastern tribe were not shouting lagos is no mans land and that they want to takeover lagos and send yoruba out of there. Do yoruba go to anywhere in the east and shout such nonsense?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by HacheNoire: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
Good.. ..

Can we please bring back all Oil companies back to delta state..

UBA bank too biko oh and Northwest filling station plus providus bank

e Don due

Those are private company’s. They are free to leave anytime they wish. No government law is holding them.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Atiku Not In US: Nigerian Embassy / Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel / Pictures Of Civilian Presidents Of Nigeria In Military Uniforms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.