Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution (1256 Views)

LAGOS GUBER & PLIGHT OF IGBO: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution / APC Backs Sanwo-Olu On Abolition Of Pension Payment To Tinubu, Fashola, Others / 2023: Igbo Youths Reply El-rufai On The Abolition Of Zoning System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by FreeStuffsNG: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
Benefits of Law of Reciprocity

The benefits are too numerous and sustainable.

Jobs will be more abundant to the Yoruba natives at home and away from home.

This reciprocity policy will help provide jobs and social benefits to all Yoruba in other states especially if this policy of reciprocity is adopted by all the southwest states.

It will equally help draw mostly talents and less of lazy or criminal elements to the Southwest from the South East which in turn will help improve the economy of Yoruba states and Yoruba living outside SW, especially in Igboland.

The Yoruba need the jobs here at home too and those resident in Igboland should benefit from jobs in Igboland so that the same privileges the Igbo benefit here in Yorubaland their govts are giving with reciprocity to the Yoruba.

Our economy in SW will grow in leaps and bounds with the policy reciprocity.

The State Executive councils and state Houses of Assembly in the South West should formulate an effecrive strategy and laws to domesticate the policy of reciprocity in their states like they did with the Amotekun law.

A more radical variant of this pragmatic policy was adopted and implemented by the Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Ibrahim Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto-led Northern Nigeria government in the 1st republic . It was very effective to quickly help Northern Nigeria ramp up human capacity and infrastructural development before the Premier's life was terminated violently on January 15, 1966.

Conclusion

Yoruba should not cheat Igbo and Igbo should not cheat Yoruba. Enough of this politics of lies, hate and bigotry every 4 years.

Reciprocity is the way out.

https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law
Mynd44 nlfpmod

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by FreeStuffsNG: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
Background

Since 1999, Lagos state government from under Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (1999-2007) till date has been giving free education , free health and employment to our Igbo visitors in Lagos like the Yoruba natives since we are all Nigerians.

This is no longer sustainable without reciprocity before it is too late as real danger looms.

The issue will be fixed now. If Asiwaju Tinubu is blamed for creating the root cause of this socio-political problem then he should be part of those to fix it. Fix it as soon as possible before a 'native warrior' character in the mould of then young Gani Adams, who was barely able to communicate in English, rise up among the Yoruba youths and do it violently like we experienced in the 90s that forced Igbo to flee Lagos in fear and the Idi Araba Hausa/OPC wars . That will be bloody option hanging like sword of Damocles over our heads. Hence, I want us to use reciprocity to solve the problem.

I recall that some Lagos indigenes and notable Yoruba leaders including late Dr Fredrick Fasheun, founder of Odua Peoples Congress, OPC, protested then that the Yoruba who mostly suffered from the pre-1999 broken down Lagos ruined by bomb blasts, filth etc under poor management of successive military governments were not being prioritized in terms of rewards, economic opportunities and welfare needs but these leaders eventually yielded to Asiwaju's pleas that the benefits will go round and the Yoruba natives should exercise patience.
Today some of those who opposed the all- comers approach of Asiwaju Tinubu leading a subnational government believe that he was the one who shrank the chances for the natives. They blame Asiwaju for giving 'too much' of Lagos oppprtunities to the Igbo and giving less part of the opportunities to them who suffered most. They are angry today that Asiwaju Tinubu sacrificed their yearnings and future for his future presidential ambition. Some of those disappointed Yoruba are tendencies behind clamour for Yoruba nation. They no longer trust Tinubu and Nigeria.

Curiously, most of the Igbo who directly benefited from the free provisions made by Asiwaju Tinubu-led government and still benefitting from these policies sustained by subsequent Lagos governments turned out to be unappreciative and hate Asiwaju most.

They hate Asiwaju Tinubu. They hate his wife. They hate his children and they hate everything about him.

The kind of hate is unprecedented to the point the tension today is the fall out of it.

All the good gestures and liberal policies initiated by Asiwaju Tinubu have been retained by successful governors but are still not appreciated by majority of Igbo in Lagos who have daily influx into Lagos because they have heard of opportunities in Lagos. The competition is now getting more intense and the Lagos state government appear to be pretending that the problem is not real.

Every four years, these Igbo residents in Lagos deliberately gather to promote the politics of lies, hate and bigotry against the dorminant political interest of their Yoruba host. The 2023 the candidate they are backing lost again calls for a foresight on how to stop these deep hate for the Yoruba politics the Igbo in Lagos play.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by FreeStuffsNG: 3:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
Some Yoruba believe Asiwaju Tinubu traded off the reciprocity in order to advance his personal political interest so they are demanding that if LASG give certain privileges to Igbo in Lagos there should be commensurate privilege given to Yoruba in Igboland too. Until this is done, the Yoruba will not stop feeling cheated and the bigotry and hatred caused by lack of gratitude on the part of some Igbo will not stop.

The Yoruba can be a Commissioner in Igboland too. A Femi should be able to move around to campaign to be Abia state governor like Mr Chinedu in Lagos too and you do not need to kill a fellow Igbo for celebrating the victory of a non-Igbo in Igboland.

Nobody does that to Igbo in Yorubaland. So reciprocity is a fair and just demand.

For 8 years, Mr El Rufai, Governor of Kaduna state kept Yoruba in his cabinet and extended free govt services to non Hausa. Such a state and its indigenes resident in Lagos are qualified for reciprocity in Lagos while states that are hostile to Yoruba and in fact, states without appointment for Yoruba should not recieve political appointments in Lagos .

States with indigenes in Lagos that do not hire and provide free heathcare and free education to Yoruba in their states too should not qualify for benefits of reciprocity. This should extend into streets naming, award of contracts, allocation of shops and hackney permits. These are finite oppprtunities and you must first give it the natives and whatever is left should meet the condition that the Igbo state give same opportunity to Yoruba in Igboland before we give it to Igbo in Yorubaland.

Only in Igbo states do we not have other tribes in their states exco,ministries etc. It is not a balanced relationship and I see reason in the complaint of the Yoruba who feel cheated.

Since democracy returned in 1999, Lagos has given a lot yet not even a single state in Igboland has ever appointed a Yoruba into their exco. It has to stop and reciprocity will stop it. Even property acquisition, especially a finite resource like land, should henceforth be scrutinized and rationed to demand reciprocity from the states of origin of the Igbo resident applicant and justice served.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by LagosFirstSon: 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
You had to mention South east out of all the tribes in Nigeria living in Lagos because the Igbos are far bigger and successful than you and your likes

There are millions of the northerners living in Lagos same way yorubas are living in the north and south east but as usual, The Igbos are your biggest competitors and biggest night mare

The south east people has contributed to more meaningful growth in Lagos than most yorubas from other Yoruba states living in Lagos .

The south east will continue to prosper against all odds because God made it so.

The south east will continue to buy more houses in Lagos against all odds in Jesus mighty name, Amen.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by blabulu2000: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
Now this MOD politics will be watching what I'm typing...because he ban me every day

1 Like

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by FreeStuffsNG: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
You had to mention South east out of all the tribes in Nigeria living in Lagos because the Igbos are far bigger and successful than you and your likes
No sir. Honestly, because you are holding to your own 100% and asking for our own, the current unjust system is skewed against we your host and it is not sustainable.

I do not want to wait for another round of politics of hate, lies and bigotry every four years.
The cheating has to stop now. Give us your land, jobs, appointments, street names etc in your Igboland in exchange so we can collaborate by reciprocity.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by FreeStuffsNG: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
Igbo Insensitivity and Arrogance In Lagos.

The insensitive Igbo who derisively regard Lagos as a no man's land can not arrogantly claim to be the host of the Yoruba in their own land and enjoy the benefit of an entitled visitor in Lagos without the Yoruba having a single reciprocity from.the states of origin of these Igbo who mock and insult daily. It is a recipe for serious resentment of Igbo and anarchy by the Yoruba Lagos.

It is fair to adopt reciprocity as a Lagos state and Southwest policy so that all these bigotry and hatred these Igbo show for the Yoruba will reduce if not stop.

I have listened to a few vexed Yoruba and I heard why some stayed away from voting for Asiwaju is because they are angry with him, they believed he traded off the reciprocity in order to advance his personal political interest so they are demanding that if LASG give certain privileges to Igbo in Lagos there should be commensurate privilege given to Yoruba in Igboland too. Until this is done, the Yoruba will not stop feeling cheated and the bigotry and hatred caused by lack of gratitude on the part of some Igbo will not stop.

The Yoruba can be a Commissioner in Igboland too. A Femi should be able to move around to campaign to be Abia state governor like Mr Chinedu in Lagos too and you do not need to kill a fellow Igbo for celebrating the victory of a non-Igbo in Igboland.

Nobody does that to Igbo in Yorubaland. So reciprocity is a fair and just demand.

For 8 years, Mr El Rufai, Governor of Kaduna state kept Yoruba in his cabinet and extended free govt services to non Hausa. Such a state and its indigenes resident in Lagos are qualified for reciprocity in Lagos while states that are hostile to Yoruba and in fact, states without appointment for Yoruba should not recieve political appointments in Lagos .

States with indigenes in Lagos that do not hire and provide free heathcare and free education to Yoruba in their states too should not qualify for benefits of reciprocity. This should extend into streets naming, award of contracts, allocation of shops and hackney permits. These are finite oppprtunities and you must first give it the natives and whatever is left should meet the condition that the Igbo state give same opportunity to Yoruba in Igboland before we give it to Igbo in Yorubaland.

Only in Igbo states do we not have other tribes in their states exco,ministries etc. It is not a balanced relationship and I see reason in the complaint of the Yoruba who feel cheated.

Since democracy returned in 1999, Lagos has given a lot yet not even a single state in Igboland has ever appointed a Yoruba into their exco. It has to stop and reciprocity will stop it. Even property acquisition, especially a finite resource like land, should henceforth be scrutinized and rationed to demand reciprocity from the states of origin of the Igbo resident applicant and justice served.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by LagosFirstSon: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

No. The current unjust system is skewed against we your host and it is not sustainable.
I do not want to wait for another round of politics of hate, lies and bigotry every four years.
The cheating has to stop now. Give us your land, jobs, appointments, street names etc in your Igboland in exchange so we can collaborate by reciprocity.
If the Igbos refuses to sell land to you, that's because they are not poverty stricken .

Most people who sell there lands in Lagos to non-yourba person in Lagos do so out of hardship .

My former land lady in Ikeja sold her house to Igbo man because she was broke and could no longer maintain the house .
Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by FreeStuffsNG: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

If the Igbos refuses to sell land to you, that's because they are not poverty stricken .

Most people who sell there lands in Lagos to non-yourba people in Lagos do so out of hardship .
Never mind , dey play.
We will not continue with the current system you abused with arrogance, hate and bigotry even against we your Yoruba hosts.

The law of reciprocity first or you get nothing!
If you don't get or understand what the law of reciprocity means now then it's too late. Even God hates injustice.

You keep your own 100% but say no when we demand you give us yet hate we your Yoruba hosts.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Christistruth03: 3:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

Most people who sell there lands in Lagos to non-yourba person in Lagos do so out of hardship .

My former land lady in Ikeja sold her house to Igbo man because she was broke and could no longer maintain the house .

The Awori Landowners of Lagos are not Poor

1 Like

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Zonefree(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

That your former landlady will tomorrow start accusing Igbos of taking over their properties but she will not remember when she willingly sold the property out of hunger.

Same way Otedola recently acquired a 5.52 percent stake in Transcorp Plc to become the second largest shareholder of the company. However, he sold out his entire holding to Tony Elumelu, the chairman of the group, few days later.

Tomorrow now, Otedola and his family will start accusing Igbos of buying all the shares in Lagos cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by helinues: 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2023
The Lagos state new law about protecting the indigenes is here to stay

Other SW states would follow suit.

Our land, our rules

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Corridon: 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2023
helinues:

Our land, our rules
Hi, I have a job for you ok.
Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Kossyso: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
Noise everywhere 🤣😂

2 Likes

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by helinues: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2023
Corridon:
Hi, I have a job for you ok.

I have been offline for a month, remember you were accusing me of not having a job by trolling me with different monikers, I came back just yesterday you are here again to do the trolling and be telling me nonsense about a job.

You don't only need a job, you need to get a life.

Oya start switching monikers and be talking to yourself as usual

Call the mods to come and ban me as usual. Those ones will leave those who dey provoke others deliberately and be banning the victims when they respond back

Oshi iranu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by LagosFirstSon: 4:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
helinues:

I have been offline for a month, remember you were accusing me of not having a job by trolling me with different monikers, I came back just yesterday you are here again to do the trolling and be telling me nonsense about a job.

Call the mods to come and ban me as usual. Those ones will leave those who dey provoke others deliberately and be banning the victims when they respond back

Oshi iranu
You've been offline abi you were banned for bigotry LoL 😂😂

You think sey we no know your alternate account ?
Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Opintiwa: 4:01pm On Jun 07, 2023
helinues:

Oshi iranu

Is this why you shout Yoruba ronu naked in the market?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by helinues: 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

You've been offline abi you were banned for bigotry LoL 😂😂

You think sey we no know your alternate account ?

I have passed the stage of using alternative monikers on this forum.

Yes I was banned but I did not even log in one sec after I logged out

Khaki can never be a leather laye laye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by kevapet: 4:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

And the ones that sell to fellow Yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by LagosFirstSon: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
kevapet:
And the ones that sell to fellow Yorubas?
I thought you said igbos don't sell to yorubas
Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by kcnwaigbo: 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
helinues:

Our land, our rules
Ogbeni no new law has been passed or even presented to the LSHA

2 Likes

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by helinues: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Ogbeni no new law has been passed or even presented to the LSHA

Wait, una no get home state or region?

Why should happenings in SW be una headache?

Make una stop all this pokenosing jor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Corridon: 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
helinues:

Oya start switching monikers and be talking to yourself as usual

Oshi iranu
Hi, no need to get angry. I only wanted to help you ok. Do you have a primary school first school leaving certificate? If you have any you can send it to my email. Hurry up.
Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by kevapet: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

I thought you said igbos don't sell to yorubas
Isn't your initial post about Lagos landowners selling to ibos just because of hardship? Now i'm asking you about the Landowners that sell to fellow Yorubas like them, why are they selling? Or is it only ibos that they sell lands to in Lagos? The Kanuris, Hausas, Fulanis, Ijaws, Ibibios, Binis and every other ethnicitys buy lands and properties in Lagos every other day from the indigenes. So do they only sell to to ibos because they are richer and the Yoruba selling are facing hardship? So why do they sell to other ethnic groups? You lots though.

1 Like

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by jmoore(m): 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
2 and half plot of land for sale in Aba.
Price: 42 million naira

Discount for those who are not Igbo: 2 Million naira discount. So bring your 40 million naira if you are not Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
helinues:

Our land, our rules

Correct. You will remember I spammed this forum with what is shown below for more than a year now.

It is big sign the Yorubas know the direction of the wind and prefer to be proactive and realistic about the future Nigeria is inevitably heading towards.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Bigkoko: 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
What a wonderful law it will be....... Law of Reciprocal is the perfect solution to curtail seccesation by the Biafrans, Odudwas & other agitators...

Let indigenes lead all businesses in their respective states. So all federal plum posts in SE, SS, NC should be reserved for indigenes from these areas....perfectly ok.

But these tinubu ageberos no dey think before they plan anything....... Imagine them giving up the post of Heading of Oil Companies in SS, SE?
Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
I can bet my life you dont have any stake in Lagos. Only anonymous online rants!

Tinubu and his cronies are the real owners of Lagos for a very long time.
Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by helinues: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Dsalvo:

Correct. You will remember I spammed this forum with what is shown below for more than a year now.

It is big sign the Yorubas know the direction of the wind and prefer to be proactive and realistic about the future Nigeria is inevitably heading towards.

They called it bluffing when I created a thread about it a month ago.

We are just taking the birds from the pocket, Ojuwanmaja ni Ojuelegba

1 Like

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Never mind , dey play.
We will not continue with the current system you abused with arrogance, hate and bigotry even against we your Yoruba hosts.

The law of reciprocity first or you get nothing!
If you don't get or understand what the law of reciprocity means now then it's too late. Even God hates injustice.

You keep your own 100% but say no when we demand you give us yet hate we your Yoruba hosts.

Leave the n1twit. Igbos, because of extreme greed and covetousness, are always reactionary. Never proactive.

Yorubas appreciate where Nigeria is heading and know what they must do to maintain forward and progressive motion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by kcnwaigbo: 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
helinues:

Wait, una no get home state or region?

Why should happenings in SW be una headache?

Make una stop all this pokenosing jor
Ogbeni SW is not a state.Chest your Osun state with pride
Re: Lagos No Man's Land Abolition Law: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution by Mindlog: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Background

Since 1999, Lagos state government from under Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (1999-2007) till date has been giving free education , free health and employment to our Igbo visitors in Lagos like the Yoruba natives since we are all Nigerians.

I believe this is intended to deceive those who have no lived idea of Lagos?🙄🙄🙄

When Jakande built those public primary and secondary schools across Lagos in the early 1980s (my family's block factory produced most of the blocks used in building many of the public primary and secondary schools in the Kosofe area of the state) did parents pay school fees for their children who attended those schools, that you keep repeating the claim of free education in Lagos started with Tinubu?

Let those who attended Lagos state's public primary and secondary schools before 1999 present the receipts of their schools fees to support your stand.

Eucharia Anunobi finished from Ojota Secondary school, Ojota in the early 80s under free education when Jakande was Governor and the then Lagos state teaching service commission employed teachers who were non-Yorubas way back from the early 80s.

It seems you came to Lagos when Tinubu was Governor thus your fixation in your belief that free education, employment of non-Yorubas etc started with Tinubu!

If you want to lie, go the extra mile of making sure your readers are only people who have no idea of what Lagos was before 1999.

Even those whose progenitors arrived Lagos from the hinterlands in Bolekajas wan dey form authority!😂😂😂😂

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just In!! Seyi Tinubu Was Accused Of Sleeping With An Ex Presidential Aspirant W / Owerri Is Arguably The Entertainment Capital Of Nigeria. / FFK Speaks On Datti Baba Ahmed's Arise TV Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.