Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,524 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Shadows Of Redemption - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows Of Redemption (1742 Views)

Above The Shadows / Tiwatope's Redemption (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Shadows Of Death (the Girl-god) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows Of Redemption by xaviercasmir(m): 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
I am glued to this work. Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 9:23pm On Jul 03, 2023
xaviercasmir:
Thanks man.
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Lanshile(m): 9:28am On Jul 06, 2023
Magnetic010:
okay thanks. Didn’t think of adding Shoprite but maybe I will
As a writer the first thing u should aim for is gain followers don't mind that Samantha
You are just starting as a writer and this is ur first book trust me nairaland is the best place for you
Chase proficiency first before looking to earning income
Writers are treated like celebrities on here and you are good and I believe u will become better with time

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2023
Lanshile:

As a writer the first thing u should aim for is gain followers don't mind that Samantha
You are just starting as a writer and this is ur first book trust me nairaland is the best place for you
Writers are treated like celebrities on here and you are good and I believe u will become better with time
I really appreciate the words of advice and encouragement.thanks

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2023
Welcome to chapter 4
Let’s get started!!!!!
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2023
>>>>>>>>>>CHAPTER FOUR(4)<<<<<<<<<<<<
With every passing day, his determination to uncover the truth grew stronger, and he vowed to follow the breadcrumbs that would lead him closer to unraveling the enigma surrounding Annabella and his own haunting dreams. If only he new where to start.

As John went about his daily tasks at the warehouse, he noticed a well-dressed gentleman entering the premises. The man had an air of sophistication, and it was clear he had refined taste. John approached him with a warm smile.
"Good morning, sir," John greeted. "How can I assist you today?"

The gentleman returned the smile and replied, "Good morning. I'm in the process of furnishing my newly built house, and I've heard this warehouse has a fantastic collection of interior items. I'm here to explore and make some purchases."

John's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm. "You've come to the right place, sir. We have a wide range of options that can cater to your preferences. Whether you're looking for furniture, decorative pieces, or lighting fixtures, we can certainly find something to suit your living room."
The gentleman nodded appreciatively. "That's exactly what I need. Quality items that exude elegance and style. Price is a consideration, of course, but I believe in finding the perfect balance between affordability and aesthetic appeal."

With that, John and the gentleman engaged in a lively discussion about the various items available in the warehouse. They explored different designs, materials, and colors, carefully considering each item's suitability for the gentleman's living room.

As they walked through the aisles, John showcased different pieces and explained their unique features. He shared his insights on how each item could enhance the ambiance of the living space and create a harmonious atmosphere.

The conversation flowed easily between them, filled with light-hearted banter and genuine interest in finding the ideal pieces for the gentleman's home. John's enthusiasm and knowledge impressed the gentleman, who appreciated the dedication and attention to detail.

After much deliberation, they finally narrowed down the choices to a few select items that captured the gentleman's vision. John carefully noted down the specifications and prices, ensuring that every detail was accurately recorded.

Before parting ways, the gentleman extended his hand for a handshake. "Thank you, John. Your assistance has been invaluable. I appreciate your patience and expertise in guiding me through this selection process."
John shook his hand warmly. "It's been my pleasure, sir. I'm glad I could help you find what you were looking for. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out."

With that, the gentleman bid farewell and left the warehouse, leaving John feeling a sense of fulfillment. He took pride in providing exceptional service and helping customers find the perfect pieces to transform their living spaces.
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hope you are enjoying john’s journey as much as I am
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2023
As John was engrossed in his tasks at the warehouse, he heard the door open, indicating the arrival of what John supposed was another customer. He looks up to see a young woman stepping inside, carrying a notepad and pen. She wore a friendly smile on her face, exuding an air of enthusiasm.

"Hello there!" she greeted, extending her hand towards John. "I'm Judith, your new assistant. It's great to finally meet you."

John shook her hand warmly and returned the smile. "Nice to meet you too, Judith. Mr Thompson informed me you’ll be coming in today around 11 but it appears you’re on “Africa time”.

“I’m sorry sir, I promise it won’t happen again”

“It’s okay, you’re welcome make yourself comfortable John pointed to one of the empty sit just opposite his desk. I trust Mr Thompson have informed you on everything we deal with and has your role detailed to you right?

“Yes sir but I wouldn’t mind going over some details with you, I want to fully understand my duties so I can carry them out diligently”

John leaned back, trying to make the conversation more casual. He noticed how nervous she’s been since he made that comment of her working with “African time” he didn’t want to make her feel like he’s an over bearing colleague so he tried to change the direction of the conversation.

“Well I’m sure you’ll do great and I try to help in anyway that I can okay, just relax and observe you’ll see the job isn’t too difficult and most of our clients are very please people.

He could sense her relax a bit,

“So, Judith, tell me a bit about yourself. What made you interested in working here?"

Judith leaned forward, eager to share her story. "Well, I've always had a passion for design and interior decoration. I love how a well-curated space can create a certain mood and atmosphere. When I heard there was an opportunity to work in a warehouse with such amazing items, I couldn't resist!"

John nodded in agreement. “You’re right and I like your enthusiasm I’m sure you’ll have plenty of opportunities to showcase your creativity and help customers find the perfect pieces for their homes or offices."

John continued, "So, as my assistant, you'll be an essential part of this operation. We'll work together to make sure everything runs smoothly. From managing inventory to assisting customers"

Judith nodded her head to show she understands everything John had said.

As John and Judith continued their conversation, John noticed a slight change in Judith's demeanor. Concerned, he leaned forward and asked gently, "Hey, Judith, I hope you don't mind me asking, but how have you been holding up after the passing of your father?"

Judith's smile faded for a moment, and she looked down, her voice filled with a touch of sadness. "Thank you for asking, Sir. It's been tough, to be honest. Losing my father has been one of the hardest things I've ever experienced. But I'm trying my best to stay strong and take it one day at a time."
John nodded sympathetically. "I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you. If there's anything I can do to support you, please don't hesitate to let me know and please call me John. It’s just two of us working her I don’t feel the need to be so formal”

Okay si…okay John

With all the formalities out of the way John took the rest of the day to teach Judith the roles, everything she needed to know about the warehouse, how to take inventory and whom to call should they need to make large deliveries. Judith was a fast learner and John was impressed by how quickly she picked up things working with her was ping to be fun except for the fact that she was a chitchat.

John didn’t like that, he wasn’t one for much talk and he prefers a quiet environment where he could focus on one clear objective, but maybe it’s a skill that would come in handy when dealing with potential clients.
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2023
Almost down with chapter 4 let me know what you think
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2023
John didn’t like that, he wasn’t one for much talk and he prefers a quiet environment where he could focus on one clear objective, but maybe it’s a skill that would come in handy when dealing with potential clients.

As the day at the warehouse drew to a close, John and Judith found themselves tidying up the workspace together. The thought of the vacant room crossed John's mind, and he turned to Judith,
"Hey, Judith, I was wondering if you were planning to occupy the other vacant room here in the warehouse?”

Judith paused for a moment; "No Actually, Mr. Thompson did offer me the room, but I won't be staying here. I already live with my family in the city."

"Oh, I see. That makes sense"

Judith nodded, her expression warm and friendly. "My family! we live in the city, not too far from here. So, there's no need for me to stay at the warehouse. But I'll be here during working hours, fully committed to our tasks and responsibilities."

John smiled. "That's great to hear….I guess that’s all for today. It’s 5:00 so your first day of work is complete. You are free to go "

“Okay thanks, I had a great first day I’ll get going now, see you tomorrow and I promise not African time- 8 Am sharp I’ll be here…bye John”

“Alright see you tomorrow”

Judith was close for the day but John still has a thing or two to take care of before he could call it a day…Back to being just him and enjoying the peace and quiet of being the only soul in the apartment John began working on the end-of-day report. He focused on organizing the inventory records, double-checking the sales figures, and ensuring all the necessary documentation was in order. Time seemed to pass quickly as he immersed himself in his tasks, the quietness of the warehouse providing a sense of tranquility.

After finishing the report, John stood up and stretched, feeling a sense of accomplishment. He glanced at the clock and realized it was getting late. With a deep breath, he locked up the warehouse, ensuring everything was secure before turning his attention to dinner.

As he made his way to the small kitchen area, John contemplated what to prepare for his meal. He gathered the ingredients he bought at the market just yesterday, rice, egg, cooking oil, some vegetables, rice, and some spices. Cooking had always been something he enjoyed doing and he though he was no master chef he was by all standard a decent cook.

As he chopped vegetables and seasoned the rice, the aroma of the meal filled the air, enveloping the space with a comforting and inviting scent. John couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction as he stirred the ingredients together, his mind briefly escaping from the challenges he had faced in the recent past.

As John savored each bite of his dinner, his thoughts wandered to Bella. It had been several days since he last saw her in his dreams, and he couldn't help but wonder about the significance of her absence. The dreams had become a peculiar connection, a thread that seemed to tie their stories together.

As he contemplated the circumstances surrounding Bella's untimely death, John's curiosity grew stronger. He felt a need to unravel the mystery, to understand the events that had led to her tragic end. While he couldn't change what had happened, he believed that uncovering the truth might bring some closure to his own restless thoughts.

Finishing his meal, John cleared the table and sat back, lost in contemplation. He wondered if there was any way he could gather more information about Bella's life, the struggles she faced, and the reasons behind her unfortunate fate. Memories of their encounters and the mysterious connections they shared replayed in his mind, urging him to seek answers.

With determination in his eyes, John made up his mind. He would embark on a quest to gather information, to delve deeper into the circumstances surrounding Bella's life and death. He knew it wouldn't be easy, and he might encounter obstacles along the way, but he couldn't ignore the pull of his curiosity and the need to understand.

Reaching for his phone, John began researching. He scrolled through social media platforms, local news articles, and community forums, searching for any traces of information about Bella. He read about the stories of young lives lost too soon, the struggles they faced, and the ripple effects that lingered in the aftermath.

As the night wore on, John immersed himself in his quest for answers. He realized that by seeking the truth, he was not only honoring Bella's memory but also uncovering a deeper understanding of the world around him. He felt a responsibility to shed light on the untold stories, to give a voice to those who had been silenced by circumstances beyond their control.

As John prepared to sleep that night, thoughts of Bella and his search for answers filled his mind. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was much more to her story, that unraveling the truth might reveal not only the reasons behind her untimely death but also the potential for change and redemption. John closed his eyes, ready to continue his journey—both in the waking world and within the depths of his dreams. He was prepared to face the challenges and uncertainties that lay ahead, for he believed that by seeking the truth, he could bring light to the shadows and find solace for his restless soul.

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
There you have it the end of chapter 4 hopefully you’ve enjoyed it as much as I did. Ch5 to follow soon
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Lanshile:

xaviercasmir:

Let me know what you guys think okay…

1 Like

Re: Shadows Of Redemption by xaviercasmir(m): 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2023
You are doing a nice job.
My opinion is that although you are trying to give a detailed picture of the storyline, you tend to over do it.
Apart from that, you are doing good.
My opinion oooo
And please like my fellow reader said, you should invite others to follow your story
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by Magnetic010: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
xaviercasmir:
You are doing a nice job.
My opinion is that although you are trying to give a detailed picture of the storyline, you tend to over do it.
Apart from that, you are doing good.
My opinion oooo
And please like my fellow reader said, you should invite others to follow your story
Okay point noted. But don’t really know how to invite other readers here
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by xaviercasmir(m): 12:05am On Jul 10, 2023
Magnetic010:
Okay point noted. But don’t really know how to invite other readers here
It is easy to do . Just type the moniker of the person that you want to see your update, the person will automatically get a" mention"
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by laxore9335: 8:04am On Jul 17, 2023
Good
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by siyim78970: 9:00am On Jul 17, 2023
Gt
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by comip62765: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2023
Ready
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by catotov174: 6:18pm On Jul 17, 2023
Alright
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by tsharp(m): 7:05am On Jul 18, 2023
Divepen1 come and see here too. Now look through the other threads. As Hydriss said, they may be being prepped for something sinister in future
Re: Shadows Of Redemption by vojol24025: 5:20am On Jul 19, 2023
Norms

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Miss Jamb Mock, Then You Won't Write The Main Utme By Philad Blog. / The Africans: A Triple Heritage, The Legacy Of Ali Mazrui: A Memorial Tribute / Take Charge Take Control Take Responsibility For Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.