Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. (15875 Views)

Photo of Orji Kalu, Shettima And Remi Tinubu at 9th Senate Valedictory Session / Some Of You Don’t Read, Ben Bruce Hits Colleagues At Valedictory Session / Buhari Closing Remarks At The Valedictory Session For Members Of FEC (2015-2019) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by Jennie002: 8:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
Alright...
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by dfrost: 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
Green House
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by Menclothing: 8:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
20yrs gbaja you tried you turn surulere to one of the best in Nigeria just an honorable so many of your colleagues are useless
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by proff010: 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
Who will now represent his constituency or will they do another election.
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by Menclothing: 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
porthouse7:
Abeg make the rubber stamp reps go

The non rubber stamp that will be beating themselves on national tv or the one they impeach their leader monthly you want ?
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by DeepSight(m): 8:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
naptu2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/breaking-femi-gbajabiamila-dissolves-9th-assembly/

Whats been going on with the main chamber of the House and what is this little room they have been using and what is its capacity, do you know please?
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by Oakenshield: 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
Rubber stamp Speaker
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by Oakenshield: 8:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
They only time u see all the members on the floor at once. The next tym all of them are at the floor is during inauguration
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by CaptainFM1: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
Useless house. Valedictory session for what? They just like to waste our money on frivolities. They claim they do oversight function yet the entire "Nigerian Air" saga happened right in front of their nose.

What valedictory session are they holding? They are better off signing each other's signature on their dress like secondary or university students.
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by wifeesnatcher(m): 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
You 9th Assembly negligence made that foolish Buhari had a field day, the 10th assembly should sit tight, Nigerians expect more from them

na curse go follow you people if you know legislate well, including the executive. Nigerian people have endure, suffered and humiliated

Nigerian people deserved good Governance, social amenities and true Democratic dividends

may the 10th assembly and President Bola Ahmed Tinubu succeed Amen
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by kayusely70(m): 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nairalander248:
We don't need the lower Chambers in this country, it's a waste of tax payers money.. Senate is fine, house of Reps are not necessary
Though I'm an advocate of a unicameral legislature but I will prefer the Senate to be scrapped, while we retain the House of Representatives the members should rather be on a part-time basis!
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by LilleG(m): 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
CaptainFM1:
Useless house. Valedictory session for what? They just like to waste our money on frivolities. They claim they do oversight function yet the entire "Nigerian Air" saga happened right in front of their nose.

What valedictory session are they holding? They are better off signing each other's signature on their dress like secondary or university students.
For me I will call them rubber stamp reps grin
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by boldtruthalways: 9:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
9th Assembly is the worst assembly in the history of Nigeria....very terrible. Rubber stamp assembly. They destroyed Nigeria. N77Trillion debt profile is their achievement. What a disaster!
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by MrFly(m): 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
Thieves congratulating themselves
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by akwarandu(m): 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Gbaja did a nice job in surulere both 1 and Ii consultancy, from ijesha to aguda, kilo to masha adelabu to shitta obele to adeniran ogunsanya, ojuelegba to akerele, his foot prints are visible for everyone to see,

Note I am note an apc supporter and can never be, but the speaker did weller in surulere,
Kodus to him, I will vote for him if comes out in 2027 for any post ,

But I will never ever support, the one in aso rock right now. That one get k leg.
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by AFconsult1(m): 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nairalander248:
We don't need the lower Chambers in this country, it's a waste of tax payers money.. Senate is fine, house of Reps are not necessary
you're right
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by Meti99(m): 10:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
House of Family Representatives..
Awon ole, ofon
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by naptu2: 6:37am On Jun 08, 2023
DeepSight:

Whats been going on with the main chamber of the House and what is this little room they have been using and what is its capacity, do you know please?

Much of the work of the National Assembly is done in committees and there are many committee rooms in the complex. This looks like one of the larger committee rooms.

I don't know why the Senate and House of Representatives are holding their sessions in committee rooms. I can only assume that it is because the main chambers are being renovated (I don't know for sure).

A similar thing happened in the Executive sometime around 2020/2021. For several months President Buhari had council meetings at the First Lady's Conference Room, rather than at the Council Chamber. I assume that the Council Chamber was being renovated at the time.

Picture 1: A smaller committee room at the House of Representatives.

Picture 2: A smaller committee room at the Senate.

Picture 3 and 4: President Buhari chairing meetings at the First Lady's Conference Room.

Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by Basic123: 7:05am On Jun 08, 2023
jibs4lv:
I barely feel any impact of this 9th assembly members, may Nigeria succeed.
What was the impact of the 8th assembly on your life?
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by jibs4lv(m): 7:23am On Jun 08, 2023
Basic123:

What was the impact of the 8th assembly on your life?

You and your families both close and extended should have deliberated together to know how it impact you all so don't ask me stupid questions.
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by DeepSight(m): 7:40am On Jun 08, 2023
naptu2:

Much of the work of the National Assembly is done in committees and there are many committee rooms in the complex. This looks like one of the larger committee rooms.

I don't know why the Senate and House of Representatives are holding their sessions in committee rooms. I can only assume that it is because the main chambers are being renovated (I don't know for sure).

A similar thing happened in the Executive sometime around 2020/2021. For several months President Buhari had council meetings at the First Lady's Conference Room, rather than at the Council Chamber. I assume that the Council Chamber was being renovated at the time.

Picture 1: A smaller committee room at the House of Representatives.

Picture 2: A smaller committee room at the Senate.

Picture 3 and 4: President Buhari chairing meetings at the First Lady's Conference Room.

Thank you. Such a first class man always.
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by Donedeal1(m): 8:50am On Jun 08, 2023
Good riddance to a rubber stamp.
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by yemmight(m): 9:24am On Jun 08, 2023
Gbaja is best speaker since democracy returned to Nigeria.
Re: House Of Representatives Holds Valedictory Session. by Bfly: 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
Enjoyment representatives.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Visited Immaculate Heart Of Mary Hospital Nkpor, Donated ₦15 Million And... / Live Updates From The Launch Of #ChangeBeginsWithMe Campaign / Ambode To Pump $60m Into Lekki Free Zone Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.