Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS (416 Views)

Lagos: No Social Distancing This Morning, Gtbank, Ikorodu BRT Terminal Pictured / How Will Social Distancing Work In A Danfo Bus Or BRT? / Pregnant Lady Slumps And Dies At BRT Terminal In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS by mediclife1987(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
So I just finished eating Ofada rice at CMS area, and bought a junk- Doughnut and Sausage Bread to eat in the BRT.

Bought a Cowry Card that was to pay for my fare, from CMS to Kola, close to Sango Ota, Ogun State.

I sat comfortably in the BRT bus, close to the window after the female conductor had swiped my card to usher me in, and started munching my junk.

Another lady sat beside me, and after the bus was filled up, our journey began.

I put my arms into my bag sitting on my lap, and got ready for a good nap before we got to Kola, which was gonna be at least a 2hr journey; as I was beginning to feel dizzy from the 2bottles of Goldberg I had downed earlier in the afternoon, before going to eat Ofada about 1hr after.

An hour into the journey, I woke up, received a call, and went back to sleeping mode, as the chick beside was probably wondering whether I'll talk to her or not. Unfortunately, I was in no chatty mood, as I had just had a terrible experience some days ago.

As we got to Oshodi, I woke up again, and was just staring out the window, until we got to that PWD side, when I started feeling funny.

I can't actually describe how I felt initially, and was even feeling paranoid if the lady beside me had done something to me.

I pulled out #100 to get bottled water, thinking because I didn't drink water on the food I ate, was the cause of my feeling that way.

As I couldn't get the water, I simply put my head on the seat in front of me, clutching my bag tightly; not wanting to cause a scene, and hoping this funny feeling would pass.

I had already started making some funny sounds slightly, and the lady beside me thought I was just forming and paid me no much attention.

Then about 2minutes later, I just started feeling very dizzy, it was like the whole afternoon was beginning to look like evening to me, and my head was beginning to swell, like it was about to burst.

Omoor, I no know when I begin call for help oh:

"Oh my God, what the fvck is wrong with me meen, what's happening to me!, I don't know what the fvck is going on meen" were the Amerikana words rolling out of my mouth, as I began trying to pray for forgiveness of my sins, thinking this was it. Me wey I no believe God before cheesy

I think I must have also said: "somebody help me", but I'm not so sure.

Then a force just came from my stomach, without any preceding nausea, and gboa!

I put my mouth out through the window, and vomited all the contents in my stomach!

Na dat time them come know sey I serious, come dey pour me water for head, dey say sorry oh!

The lovely lady beside me was the one doing the pouring and caring, like she was my girlfriend, while I vomited all the content in my belly outside the bus, some on myself, my bag, my sweater and in the bus too.

The driver just dey zoom dey go, like sey nothing even consign am sef.

I felt a huge sign of relief afterwards, but also felt some embarrassment.

Na hin the girl ask me if it was the heat?

Maybe because she hear me dey blow Phoneee, as I dey feel dizzy, and feel like dying before vomiting, she been tink sey I be akata. cheesy I just told her it's probably the food I just ate, and thank God most of the contents of my vomitus were still intact, and the Ofada rice was even smelling from it too sef cheesy

Some of the passengers attributed it to food poisoning, which I also agreed with. I thank God also that the alcohol I ingested didn't seem to be part of the content of my emesis, as na just partly digested Ofada rice coloured with the stew, just dey smell for the bus.

If to say na shayo dey smell, the passengers for don blast my life taya, lol cheesy

Na hin the lady give me the remaining water in the bottle telling me to rinse my mouth, and clean my face, all the while, driver just dey move dey go hin own, like sey hin no send anybody papa.

The lady gave me a towel sef, as she moved to another seat to clean myself, and my bag.

Na so she get down for Abule Egba, with a thank you from me. Would have loved to collect her number too, but that would have been an awkward way to get a girl's digit- after puking on yourself like a toddler cheesy, besides all eyes was already on me as well, cos the way the lady take care of me, some go even think sey she be my babe sef. cheesy

As we reach Kola, na hin I get down, smelling of vomitus, enter okada solo, and sped off to my house.

I had to quickly check what made me feel so relieved after the vomiting, and got something on Quora.

Now chilling in my house and typing this funny experience, after a good bath.

To that wonderful angel that helped me today, I say thank you very much, and God bless you.

If the angel gets to read this, please let's see if we can ignite something, cos I like you, and would like to get to know you better.

So that's it, about my experience in a BRT bus today.

Thank you all for reading.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS by layzie: 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
Sorry about your experience.

I would advise u don't eat heavily before a journey. It could have be worse. what if it was running stomach that just erupted suddenly as the vomit did?

1 Like

Re: My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS by MightyHand(m): 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
Sorry Chief, but unfortunately you can't find that caring Juliet among NairaLand feminist..

So pe: E don Go
Re: My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS by dominique(f): 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
That's why you should reduce your intake of street food or stop it completely. The way most of those sellers handle food is very unhygienic and can cause food poisoning.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS by mediclife1987(m): 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
MightyHand:
Sorry Chief, but unfortunately you can't find that caring Juliet among NairaLand feminist..

So pe: E don Go

Says who? cheesy

You can never be too sure bro, especially if it hits front page.
Re: My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS by mediclife1987(m): 9:25pm On Jun 08, 2023
dominique:
That's why you should reduce your intake of street food or stop it completely. The way most of those sellers handle food is very unhygienic and can cause food poisoning.

Honestly I won't be surprised. It was like the end of the world for me.
Re: My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS by mediclife1987(m): 9:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
layzie:
Sorry about your experience.

I would advise u don't eat heavily before a journey. It could have be worse. what if it was running stomach that just erupted suddenly as the vomit did?

It wasn't the heavy meal, Ofada is expensive, so I bought just #500 of it with 2pieces of meat, making #700 in all.

I still had to buy those snacks to supplement it sef.

Either the Ofada or snacks caused my throwing up.
Re: My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS by Sablexxxtoons: 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
Rice ontop of beer is the reason.. it hardly works out well
Re: My Experience In The BRT Bus Today From CMS by mediclife1987(m): 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:
Rice ontop of beer is the reason.. it hardly works out well

Hmmm, highly possible too, but that Ofada own too go dey...

(1) (Reply)

What Is Dynace Rocenta / Thread For Snoring Addicts. / Bally "Baljinder" Chohan: Is Yoga Helpful In Cancer ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.