Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

"New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' (33751 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities React After Ruggedman Was Attacked In London / Celebrities React After Argentina Beat Nigeria 2 - 1 - Out World Cup 2018 / Tiwa Savage Reacts After Davido 'Confirmed' Her Relationship With Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by ExclusiveBet: 9:04am On Jun 09, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zgdCTDpjNQ

“New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React As Burna Boy Finally Breaks Silence After Davido’s Controversial Video

Popular Nigerian singer, Burna Boy, has continued to make headlines after fellow music star, Davido, called him a ‘new cat’.

Recall that the DMW boss had classified Burna as a new cat alongside Rema, Fireboy, Asake and more artistes while explaining how him and Wizkid were the first artistes to blow up.

Shortly after Davido’s controversial video went viral, a number of netizens awaited Burna Boy’s reaction but it didn’t have to be for long.

Just a few hours later, the Odogwu musician broke his silence with a new post on his Instagram page.

Burna Boy shared photos from his successful show at the London stadium as he celebrated being able to fill up the 80,000 capacity venue.

According to Burna, his dream has always been to unite people from all walks of life and London made it possible.

In his words:

“Uniting people from all walks of life has always been my dream.
London, thank you for making it possible for me at my biggest show to date! Shout out to my family @theuglygram @santandave @popcaanmusic and Stormzy.
We're Leaving An Impact For Eternity.
Love, Damini.”

Burna Boy’s post hours after Davido described him as a new cat got a number of netizens excited and many of them trooped to his comment section to react.

Read what some of them had to say below:

offi.cialyvng:

“New Cat doings.”
darmi_lee:

“At the end of the story non of the rats was able to bell the cat • new cat or old cat... burna na baba.”
rhymer_lee_:

“God bless you for not giving a Fk what David said.”
dlaworldmedia:

“Biggest show by ANY African artist. now making you one of the biggest Artists in the world.. The UK being the 3rd biggest music market in the world; Stadiums historically in the UK are done by The Rod stewards. Elton Johns, Cold Plays, Michael Jackson and so on... what you have done as an artist and African man is for the history books and future tales that can never be denied " We're all proud of you Burna.”
miamiprince199:

“Odugwu you get level no worry ...make that one Dey there they claim cat.”
officialmeri_madeinheaven:

“The Odogwu, our Grammy winner, Bet winner, Real African Giant, pride of Nigeria, the one who's music has No expiring Date, king of the stage, Lion of concerts Nigeria musical god after you na you wil from like to party till date, all songs jamming.... Odogwu.”
benzfund:

“Person wey never win Grammy Award called u upcoming cat... u never respond 000 we Dey vex.”
jamalmorgan_:

“New cat don use 90k capacity choke old cat..Sorry for the disrespect Odogwu.”
mcpaapcomedian01:

“DAVIDO NA UR BOSS But u sef no small.”
hyke_ ray:

“New Cat with Grammy. Older Cat never get one nomination o.”
iam.chizzymani:

“It happened before our very own eyes history will never forget from Lagos to London stadium, Odogwu you badddddd.”
wenco_:

“GREATEST AFRICAN ARTIST EVER! KEEP WINNING, LET THEM KEEP CRYING. KEEP MAKING THE INDUSTRY UNCOMFORTABLE FOR THEM. THEIR FATHER LEFT YANSH.”
itstrinbean:

“Global superstar! This was the greatest show ever! You will continue to go higher and higher ODG!”
walethewave1:

“Odowgu you bad!!”
bedgepictures:

“BigCat!”
gossipmilltv:

“Wahala be like Bicycle!!! African Giant!!! This your show was the highest, it caused serious CATastrophe in UK!!! Number 1 in africa!!!”

Burna Boy's sister Nissi reacts to Davido's statement

Burna Boy’s sister, Nissi Ogulu, has slammed Davido for making disparaging remarks about her brother.

Nissi took to her Insta Story channel to hurl shade at Davido with a video of Burna Boy’s recent London concert.

She claimed that her brother, whom she mockingly referred to as "new cat," is working hard towards his path.

https://www.legit.ng/entertainment/music/1538563-cat-grammy-fans-react-burna-boy-finally-breaks-silence-davidos-controversial-video/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by BarrElChapo(m): 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
New cat, pussy cat ... How's it our concern seun 🙄🙄🙄

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by slawomir: 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Burna my niggar

Davido is just a frogged voice who uses too much voice enhancer in the studio and yet he dishes out dog shitt to his fans ....Davido is no where near this my play list at home

cole
The weekend
Imagine dragons
Jesse jags
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
wizkid( Balogun the big boy)
Avicii( rest in peace)
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
post malone( the music wizard)
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
One din
Lewis capaldi
Sam smith
Ariana Grande
Kehlani
Billie eilish
Camilo Cabello..

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by nony43(m): 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
Did Davido just said him and Wizkid were the the first artists to blew up? Na that one catch my attention.

P-Square, Tuface, the most of Mo-hit crew ( Don Jazzy , D-banj, D-Prince, Wande coal, Dr Sid and K-Switch ) don blow before Davido them, even Banky don de sign endorsement will Etisalat before Davido become somebody for music industry.

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by donpapa(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
They just wanna trend! grin Alas they are!!
Mission accomplished 💯

8 Likes

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Houseofglam7(f): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
undecided
Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
If burna should respond make nobody con talk say hes arrogant and proud oo

Davido dey look for trouble he wouldn't send your papa if you're still grieving

19 Likes

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Our naija musicians be forming woke gangsters.

2 Likes

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by SultanOfAbia: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ok
Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by SoftP(m): 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Dem suppose wipe Davido cord back

10 Likes

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Oscarchims: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Publicity stunts... Consistency with controversy
Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Was the 80k fans for his show or other artistes also performed?
I don't know what kind of Burma boy song that can pull much crowd because he is so boring.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by okoliobinna84(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Q
Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by jayAjoku(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
How is this our concern ? Are the New or old Cats feeding Any one of us here 🤨🤨🤨 You people will just carry celebrity Gossip around like it’s beneficial in some way God forbid y’all make me want to 🤮

4 Likes

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by SILVERLINES: 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Damn them both

I've never been a fan of them
My number 1 music star for 9ja na Asa

And then I'm a fan of Western/classical music

George Friedrich Handel
J. S Bach
Mozart
Joseph Haydn

My very own role model,the master of symphonies, the very first man to introduce the orchestra to choir, Ludwig Van Beethoven,
Henry Purcell and other departed who has gladen my heart through music, may their souls continue to rest in peace

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Johnjanrt: 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
wink grin
Obidients don get work of dragging Davido, president Tinubu go rest small these days.

4 Likes

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Hotwest: 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
Big shots talk na news
Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
As much as i like davido he is beginning to look for trouble and beef lately, burna go still open him that him bald head with bottle soon

13 Likes

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by MRDEE01: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
Burna was once a video vixen for Davido.
I saw him in the video Davido's hit song

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by shiwex: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
Two axemen - Aye . All na for show.........Egede boyz club

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Fuckingmallam45(m): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lol😂😂, I think I’ll fall into the category of people who don't care about celebrities. And a large number of my friends would too.

I don’t have any favourite athletes / actors / singers - in fact, most are just vague names / faces to me that I might have come across on TV / news / online.

If you’re wondering why:

They’re just humans like us. I see no reason to worship them. I can still appreciate the work of those who are highly talented; that doesn’t mean I’ll make heroes of them.
They have no relevance to my life - I don’t see the point of investing my time and energy in people who don’t know of my existence (and quite naturally, wouldn’t care)
I have a lot of other things to do - and this gives me much more time and energy for them.
I don’t get any enjoyment out of following them.
I’m not a journalist, so it’s not my job - hence I don’t make a living out of it.
I don’t get my motivation by looking at other people.
I don’t judge people who do care about celebrities either. Many of my friends idolize celebrities; we get along just fine.

And if I was a fan of a celebrity, I definitely wouldn’t stop being one after reading an answer like this.

I think it makes perfect sense to care about them if -

It gives you genuine enjoyment
You depend on it for your living
Or it adds value to your life in any way whatever.
If celebrity worshipping doesn’t make you better off though, it might be a good idea to think about why you’re doing it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by festacman(m): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
Yes, Burna Boy is an African giant but he needs to be told that he has no monopoly of haughtiness and brashness especially in viewing less successful Nigerian artistes.

He should be able to take a bit of what he serves others.

Nonsense!

12 Likes

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by chiedozie198100: 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
cat na slang word for guy for that side na.
Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by GODPUNISHALABI: 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
I like as burna boy ignored the bald headed frog......na nigerians wey give that mediocre fame,burna boy is too big and international to reply local artiste wey still dey use dance challenge promote him kpangolo music, make the frog go dey fight with him mate naira marley and ko,burnaboy and wizkid no send am......90 percent of him hits if him no buy am from runtown him go buy am from peruzzi or tekno

9 Likes

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by kingProspee(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
Revolution2022:
Was the 80k fans for his show or other artistes also performed?
I don't know what kind of Burma boy song that can pull much crowd because he is so boring.

I can feel your severe pain

2 Likes

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Darnell9(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
Davido wey no fit compose song they call burna new cat. SMH. Make him know na just family wealth save him from poverty.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "New Cat With Grammy”: Fans React After Davido Called Burna Boy 'New Cat' by Atheistan: 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2023
Nah so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Filmmaker Seun Egbegbe Goes To Church, Days After He Was Released From Prison / This Girl Claims She Has The Biggest B**bs In Nigeria / E-Money celebrates his wife with, Juliet Okonkwo's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.