Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Did 419 Help A Certain Generation Reduce The Burden Of Unemployment? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Did 419 Help A Certain Generation Reduce The Burden Of Unemployment? (735 Views)

If You Could Choose To Stay A Certain Age Forever. / Rosabon Financial Services Moves To Ease The Financial Burden Of The Xmas Season (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Did 419 Help A Certain Generation Reduce The Burden Of Unemployment? by ugodre(m): 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2011
I have always thought there was probably a good side to worst image a country can ever get "419'. In my blogpost below, i tried to analyse the probable gains of it. You might find it provoking but do feel free to pass a comment
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ifeanyi had just graduated from one of the notable Federal Universities in Eastern Nigeria. He like many others had no jobs. Being the first of a family of six a lot rest on his shoulders. He meets an old friend Archo who impresses him with his neat "Honda Holler". Archo eventually invites him to the "office" and introduces him to the 419 business. After 5 years of scamming people, he quit and used his funds to start "Oil and Gas" business somewhere in Lagos.

Wale, just got out of secondary school and was looking forward to be a student of Unilag. However, the school fees and high cost of accommodation threatened to ruin his dreams. He had no where to go to. There were no Student Loans and he had no scholarship. On one of his trip to the school he meets Damte an old pal who was driving a Honda and look flashy. Damte introduces him to his world giving Wale the opportunity to fund his fees and even more. Wale is now a graduate and after quitting the scamming business sells cars to earn a living.

The above helps illustrate ,  check http://www.ugometrics.com/2011/09/did-419-help-reduce-unemployment-in.html for the rest.
Re: Did 419 Help A Certain Generation Reduce The Burden Of Unemployment? by Seun(m): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2011

(1)

List Your Top 10 Threads Of 2011. / What Do You Suggest I Should Do? / Ten Stories That Sound Like April Fools, But Are Not.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.