Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Tanks Of Gas Fueled Vehicles Will Not Puncture Or Catch Fire In The Case Of An A - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tanks Of Gas Fueled Vehicles Will Not Puncture Or Catch Fire In The Case Of An A (548 Views)

TASUED Protest: Soldiers Return With Armoured Tanks (Video) / Whatever The Case, Never Ever Study These Courses / Dialogue Or Arm Twisting Approach. The Case Of Ssanu, Nasu & Naat Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tanks Of Gas Fueled Vehicles Will Not Puncture Or Catch Fire In The Case Of An A by Oduok(m): 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
Generally gas storages (horton spheres and bullets) are designed to high degree of integrity tests. I have been part of leak detection and pressure tests for cooking gas (LPG) storage and sales facilities. The oil and gas safety requirement for design of these systems are awesome. That is why I have no fear in embracing gas fuel powered vehicles.

These vehicles use natural gas (methane, in LNG and CNG configuration). They are very safe.

The tanks are subjected to outstanding safety and reliability tests: drop test, bonfire test, and puncture test.

During drop test the vehicle tank which is filled with gas is dropped freely from a height of 9m onto a concrete floor. Bonfire test consists of the tank with gaseous fuel at saturated pressure being subjected to a temperature of at least 590 degree celcius. Machine gun is fired on the tank with gas inside during puncture test.

Since the above tests are destructive, representative samples of the manufactured tanks are examine before the rest are sent out for use.

If you see vehicle that use gas as fuel don't panick. Just enter. Na me send you.

Now that you know will you still be afraid of gas driven vehicles?

1 Like

Re: Tanks Of Gas Fueled Vehicles Will Not Puncture Or Catch Fire In The Case Of An A by MMWandali: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ok

Cool

Looking forward to having one
Re: Tanks Of Gas Fueled Vehicles Will Not Puncture Or Catch Fire In The Case Of An A by MMempire(m): 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2023
OP, na you send who?
Abeg, we no pray for bad thing.
Re: Tanks Of Gas Fueled Vehicles Will Not Puncture Or Catch Fire In The Case Of An A by Gadafii: 5:34am On Jun 10, 2023
Send your family first

Maintenance culture in this country is terribly poor, poor handling of these things can be dangerous

Abi no be for this country bus drivers dey put keg of petrol in between the passenger and the driver seat and run a pipe to the engine

(1) (Reply)

Ede Poly N47.8m Prado V6 Jeep: We Stand On Our Report - Insight Media / Hardship: How Can I Get My Bedspace Back After This / Unizik And Unn Post Jamb.na Waoooooooo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.