Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,629 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora (6827 Views)

Nigerians Accuse Peter Obi Of Lying About Naira Exchange Rate / Nigerians In The South Drop The Tribalism For Now / Nigerians Accuse Buhari Of Selling Country Assets To Friends And Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by basseeafricana: 8:13am On Jun 10, 2023
Nigerians on Twitter Accuse Tinubu of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Kingsley Obiora, who graduated best overall student in his class both at University of Benin and University of Ibadan.

Anyone who knows Dr. Obiora especially at University of Ibadan, including his professors, will tell you he is not from this planet. He is the deputy governor heading economic policy and research and the only deputy governor with Phd.

Tinubu not only bypassed the most qualified academically Dr. Kingsley Obiora, he also bypassed the most senior deputy governors Mrs. Aishah N, Ahmad and Mr. Edward Adamu, to appoint a Yoruba mechanical engineer as CNB governor.

https://www.cbn.gov.ng/aboutcbn/thelist.asp
You guys are just stupid. He asked him to hand over to a Director, not appoints a Director. A substantive CBN Governor is coming, u should not allow hates to becloud your judgment. Emefiele destroyed Buhari govt because they are not from thesame tribe.Giving CBN Governor to Obiora is suicide move, he will only fund Ipob and gunmen in Igbo land. Igbos are not loyal to Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Desusi: 8:13am On Jun 10, 2023
Nigerians on Twitter Accuse Tinubu of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Kingsley Obiora, who graduated best overall student in his class both at University of Benin and University of Ibadan.

Anyone who knows Dr. Obiora especially at University of Ibadan, including his professors, will tell you he is not from this planet. He is the deputy governor heading economic policy and research and the only deputy governor with Phd.

Tinubu not only bypassed the most qualified academically Dr. Kingsley Obiora, he also bypassed the most senior deputy governors Mrs. Aishah N, Ahmad and Mr. Edward Adamu, to appoint a Yoruba mechanical engineer as CNB governor.

The race is not for the Swift, neither the battle for the stronger.A careful observation of emiefele,would guide Tinubu to choose with care. Obiora again??
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by SamOchuko: 8:30am On Jun 10, 2023

As CNB governor right? Continue oga
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by MrFourSHIRTS: 8:36am On Jun 10, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Please they should go to court like Mr Obi since they can not see that the least of all the Deputy Governors in terms of hierarchy is Mr Obiora. Smh

grin grin grin grin grin let them go to court
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by fergie001: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2023
You don't know Tinibu, he may even pick this Obiora as substantive CBN Gov.

I believe 70% the next CBN Gov will be SW/SE, unless his political circle thinks otherwise.
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by IamDietiesGod: 8:48am On Jun 10, 2023
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by 9gerian: 9:14am On Jun 10, 2023
Well said. But have you observed that there a lot of igbos in the Lagos State civil service who are mostly obidient who openly opposed the APC in favor of labor party at every level in the last elections?

There is therefore a high probability that appointing Dr Obiora will definitely not give the president the confidence of undiluted loyalty to his government and his planned reforms, which become almost equivalent to retaining Emefiele in the position in terms of trust. This may be why he was passed over. Moreover, there is slim chance that if nothing is found against Emefiele then he may resume his duties according to the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

This is why this move is not yet a big deal at least until the unveiling of the full cabinet, which must reflect inclusiveness regardless of party sentiments. These are some of the valid considerations I believe.

Chekwume16:
All igbos don't hate tonubu. I am an igbo from delta state too. Leadership should be all inclusive. Peace is very important. Today he is the leader so the onus is on him to ignore the tribal slurs. I trust him to do that as he has proven to be a man of peace
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by enemybulldozer(m): 9:19am On Jun 10, 2023
enemybulldozer:
You said I should mention one but here I come with more than one with evidence.

Now mention any Igbo in tinubu appointments so far I dey wait.
OkayDaddy:

Igbos that can't allow their own blood sisters inherit their father's property.

Mention 1 single Yoruba or Northerner appointed by all Igbo Governors. I dey wait.
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by enemybulldozer(m): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2023
enemybulldozer:
You said I should mention one but here I come with more than one with evidence.

Now mention any Igbo in tinubu appointments so far I dey wait.
OkayDaddy I've been waiting for you o don't runaway grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by sreamsense: 9:26am On Jun 10, 2023
ican2020:
Dr. Obiora Is an Igbo man and you are expecting Tinubu to appoint him as CBN governor, that’s impossible

Igbos should move on with their lives and forget this new government for their own peace of mind
Leave Obiora to queue for his turn behind Shonubi. Shonubi has 30 years experience, he properbly got their before Obiora. Also, Shonubi is expected to be more brilliant for him to come from engineering background and rise to the top. Engineers are usually exceptional in terms of intellect and creativity. He didn't just get their by chance, he worked harder to get to that stage. Organizations and financial institutions usually prefer candidates with engineering background because of their computation prowess. Obiora is behind Shonubi in hierarchy, he should wait for his turn. Getting first class on paper in economics, doesn't make you expert or intellectually superior. Someone from science background are expected to be brighter in many instances

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Smile4me01(m): 9:27am On Jun 10, 2023
Which Nigerians make thunder fire your mouth there

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by talented321: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2023
[quote author=SangoOlukosoOba post=123690860]Who are the Nigerian accusing Tinubu of tribalism?
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Basic123: 9:55am On Jun 10, 2023
OkayDaddy:

Tinubu as Governor appointed Ben Nwabueze as Commissioner for Budget. Joe Igbokwe was APC spokesperson.
Nasir Elrufai appointed Igbos that I know and Yorubas while he was Governor.
sanwo appointed someone from Katsina as Commissioner in Lagos.
Sanwo appointed someone from delta as Commissioner in Lagos.

Mention 1 single Yoruba or Northerner appointed in the 5 Igbo states since 1999 till date.

Yet, you Igbos are the ones crying of tribalism. Don't you have shame?
They don't have shame.
There aim is just to blackmail...they know there are many gullible people that will fall for it!
Honestly, I hate those people attitude.They behave like nuisance. Very loquacious
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Basic123: 9:57am On Jun 10, 2023
enemybulldozer:
Mention one Igbo appointee in tinubus appointments so far I dey wait.
How many people has he appointed?
Just 3....one yoruba,one TIV and one hausa!

And you people have started crying. Even if he had appointed all from Igbo you will still look for a loophole to wail about.like "he is trying to appease the Igbo"...."he want us to forget Peter obi"....."other tribes are not intelligent ",your usual gibberish and rants.

As for Shonubi,he is just acting because he is the next in line

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by proeast(m): 10:02am On Jun 10, 2023
Primitive tribalism and ethnocentrism will be their end.

Let him continue!
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Injera(f): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2023

Say IBO not Nigerians
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Chekwume16(m): 10:19am On Jun 10, 2023
You are on point.
9gerian:
Well said. But have you observed that there a lot of igbos in the Lagos State civil service who are mostly obidient who openly opposed the APC in favor of labor party at every level in the last elections?

There is therefore a high probability that appointing Dr Obiora will definitely not give the president the confidence of undiluted loyalty to his government and his planned reforms, which become almost equivalent to retaining Emefiele in the position in terms of trust. This may be why he was passed over. Moreover, there is slim chance that if nothing is found against Emefiele then he may resume his duties according to the principle of innocent until proven guilty.

This is why this move is not yet a big deal at least until the unveiling of the full cabinet, which must reflect inclusiveness regardless of party sentiments. These are some of the valid considerations I believe.

Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Ruth1994(f): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2023
Overall best in MSc abi? Una too dey lie.
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 11:12am On Jun 10, 2023
As the one in charge of economic policies, that means he was the one who landed Nigeria in the hot soup that it is in today. Good riddance

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Psady(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2023
Tetrahedron:
The yoruba ronu tribalism will not allow him to do the right thing, rather blind tribalism exhibited by his footsoldier cum riffraff like mcoluomo is thier bane.
But nepostic idiot buhari set this dangerous precedence

Question is when Peter Obi takes over from the druglord will he also do the same?
I could bet my two balls (scrotum) u will be the one telling him (Obi) if he ever be ,to appoint his tribesmen in key position like the CBN governor.We are never wrong to point out that u guys are the most tribalistic set in this country.Tinubu will keep doing what he deems fit to propel this country forward and Ur likes can only do the talk
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by hammerT: 11:34am On Jun 10, 2023
He wont be there for long
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by thisisit: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2023
LONG LIVE ODUDUWA REPUBLIC
LONG LIVE IGBO REPUBLIC
LONG LIVE AREWA REPUBLIC
LONG LIVE NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC

PLEASE LET'S RESTRURE OOOOO

WE ARE TIRED OF THIS CONTRAPTION OR COLLATERAL DAMAGE CALLED NIGERIA..

WE HAVE WASTED THE LAST 109 YEARS OF EXISTENCE AND 62 YEARS OF INDEPENDENCE IM FIGHTING EACH OTHER OVER ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS SUPREMACY..

WE ARE TIRED...

TIRED OF INDIGENEOUS PEOPLES BILL BY LAGOS STATE..
TIRED OF CRUDE DEATH EVERYWHERE
TIRED OF ENDLESS ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS SUPREMACY CONFLICTS

IF WE CAN'T SEPERATE.. LET'S RESTRURE..
WEAK CENTRE... STRONG REGIONS

PLEASE OOOO...I BEG EVERYBODY

TINUBU SHOULD USE THE SOVEREIGN NATIONAL CONFERENCE WHITEPAPER AS GUIDELINES FOR A SEAMLESS TRANSITION FROM THIS UNITARY STRUCTURE TO REGIONAL STRUCTURE
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2023
Did they vote for tinubu?
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Eecho(m): 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2023
ican2020:
Dr. Obiora Is an Igbo man and you are expecting Tinubu to appoint him as CBN governor, that’s impossible

Igbos should move on with their lives and forget this new government for their own peace of mind
Igbos Dey enjoy the country pass you , na hunger garnished with tribalism go kee you . Election or no election , Igbos are always on the move ,can’t you see
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by kmaster007: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
Oil dey ur head
basseeafricana:

You guys are just stupid. He asked him to hand over to a Director, not appoints a Director. A substantive CBN Governor is coming, u should not allow hates to becloud your judgment. Emefiele destroyed Buhari govt because they are not from thesame tribe.Giving CBN Governor to Obiora is suicide move, he will only fund Ipob and gunmen in Igbo land. Igbos are not loyal to Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
YOU NIGERIANS GET FISH BRAINS.SO YOU PPL FORGOT SO SOON HOW BUHA PUT DUMMIES TRIBESMEN AND WMEN TO DAMAGE NAIJA ECONOMY AND COEXISTENCE.
DID YOU NOT SEE WHAT BUHARI STARTED?
TINUBU IS JUST FOLLOWIN BUHA EXAMPLE OF STINKING TRIBALISM.
DONT THE PRESIDENT TINUBU,HE IS DOING WELL. angrywhat we want is beta naija with competence,tribe or no tribe. angry
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by Nyocha: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
Ethnic Tension: Their Minions Are Also Victims

There seems to be a method to the madness that is Nigerian politics, often employing the divide-and-rule strategy. This technique proves highly effective, with politicians utilizing it and their foot soldiers (aka minions) executing it skillfully. Of course, dividing a people requires targeting the 'weakest links,' which, unfortunately, are not in short supply.

In my previous newsletter, I acknowledged Nigerian politicians' remarkable ability to undermine the nation's fragile unity using this tool. At that time, Hilda Bassey had achieved a record-breaking milestone, and Nigerians from all walks of life came together to show their support.

Here's what I said, "Under the changing climatic conditions, they stood. They danced, cheered, chanted, and feasted. They all shared in the unity that has continued to be tested. For 100 hours, she cooked, and Nigerians watched on. It didn't matter who she was at that point, support poured in uninhibited.

"That fabric of unity only starts to deteriorate when some self-indulgent politicians chip at it during their election leagues (they are leagues, and the game's an extreme sport). They use that unity as a base point of attack."

That fabric of unity is under serious test, even beyond the election period when this strategy is commonly employed. It comes as no surprise, as divisive narratives persistently emerge as a distraction from the most important conversations necessary to benefit all Nigerians... to read more: https://fourthgaze.substack.com/p/ethnic-tension-their-minions-are
Re: Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2023
I KNOW WHAT THE PRESIDENT IS DOING,HE IS DOING THE RIGHT THING .
BUT YOU SMALL MINDS WILL NEVA UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PRESIDENT TINUBU'S MOVES ARE. SO STOP YOUR ANTAGONISM. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Deports 115 Illegal Aliens / Obasanjo Who Is He ? How Well Did He Perform? / Aviation Fuel Production In Port-Harcourt Refinery Set To Commence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.