Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. (4292 Views)

Bashir Ahmad: The G5 Governors Gave Us A Fantastic Offer, We Will Work Together / Yahaya Bello Is An Unfortunate Governor, We Want Direct Primaries - Kogi APC / Aisha Ahmad, Ahmed Kuru May Replace Godwin Emefiele As CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Devil1Messenger: 6:52am On Jun 10, 2023
Aishah Ahmad was appointed Deputy Governor at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on the 23rd March, 2018. As Deputy Governor in charge of Financial System Stability, she is responsible for leading the effort to promote a sound financial system in Nigeria; one of the principal objects of the Bank as specified within the CBN Act. In this role, Aishah is a member of the Governing Board and Committee of Governors at the CBN and Chairman, Financial Institutions Training Centre (FITC) - a not for profit organization offering training, consulting and research services for the financial services sector.

Prior to her appointment at the CBN, Aishah was Executive Director, Retail Banking at Diamond Bank PLC, with over 22 years experience as a corporate executive and finance expert. Her banking and investment career spans several financial institutions including NAL Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc and Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc (a member of Standard Bank Group, SA) amongst others.

Aishah’s passion for finance fueled the attainment of several academic and professional qualifications over the years. She is a member of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Association and Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Association. She also holds an M.Sc. in Finance and Management from the Cranfield School of Management, UK, and an MBA (Finance) from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. She obtained her B.Sc. in Accounting from the University of Abuja, Nigeria.

Aishah Ahmad is a strong advocate for female and youth empowerment; she volunteers at SOS Children’s Villages, Nigeria and was former Chairperson, Executive Council of Women in Management, Business & Public Service, WIMBIZ (www.wimbiz.org); a leading women-focused NGO in Sub-Saharan Africa. She is married and blessed with two sons.

As a financial expert, i believe she should have been the best for the acting role of CBN governor.
She is the only deputy CBN governor that many of us know for the past 5yrs.

Just do with the information as you wish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Dikegodspower(m): 6:54am On Jun 10, 2023
Una go tire

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Parachoko: 6:54am On Jun 10, 2023
Una go wail tire

When una wail tire, una go contest in 2027 and Appoint whoever una want when una win.

Miscreants can't decide for Asiwaju

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Devil1Messenger: 6:56am On Jun 10, 2023
Dikegodspower:
Una go tire
U can't accuse Buhari of nepotism and u turned out to be worst
Tinubu can't spend more than 8yrs as president and when he is done, another tribe will take over and u will be the one to cry
So try to be reasonable

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Devil1Messenger: 6:57am On Jun 10, 2023
Parachoko:
Una go wail tire

When una wail tire, una go contest in 2027 and Appoint whoever una want when una win.

And then after 8yrs, another tribe will take over and the nepotism continue 🤣
Day play
Buhari did worst and heaven did not fall actually
Keep encouraging injustice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Gracie135(f): 6:58am On Jun 10, 2023
Cool
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by SalamRushdie: 6:59am On Jun 10, 2023
She is not qualified , we are tired of having ex bankers as CBN governor...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Minime10(f): 7:00am On Jun 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:
Aishah Ahmad was appointed Deputy Governor at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on the 23rd March, 2018. As Deputy Governor in charge of Financial System Stability, she is responsible for leading the effort to promote a sound financial system in Nigeria; one of the principal objects of the Bank as specified within the CBN Act. In this role, Aishah is a member of the Governing Board and Committee of Governors at the CBN and Chairman, Financial Institutions Training Centre (FITC) - a not for profit organization offering training, consulting and research services for the financial services sector.

Prior to her appointment at the CBN, Aishah was Executive Director, Retail Banking at Diamond Bank PLC, with over 22 years experience as a corporate executive and finance expert. Her banking and investment career spans several financial institutions including NAL Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc and Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc (a member of Standard Bank Group, SA) amongst others.

Aishah’s passion for finance fueled the attainment of several academic and professional qualifications over the years. She is a member of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Association and Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Association. She also holds an M.Sc. in Finance and Management from the Cranfield School of Management, UK, and an MBA (Finance) from the University of Lagos, Nigeria. She obtained her B.Sc. in Accounting from the University of Abuja, Nigeria.

Aishah Ahmad is a strong advocate for female and youth empowerment; she volunteers at SOS Children’s Villages, Nigeria and was former Chairperson, Executive Council of Women in Management, Business & Public Service, WIMBIZ (www.wimbiz.org); a leading women-focused NGO in Sub-Saharan Africa. She is married and blessed with two sons.

If not tribalism, she is supposed to the one acting as CBN governor now

Go fu.k ya self. Not as though I like APC or anything associated with it, but, I kind of love BAT in his appointment so far,.
When buhari was appointing only people from the north during his flop tenure did we not warn you people over such bad precedent
If I were BAT no northerner would smell appointment in my cabinet.
What goes around, comes around.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Igwe9(m): 7:00am On Jun 10, 2023
It should have avail us the opportunity of having a female CBN governor since the return of democracy but nothing much, all we want is a functional society. Maybe she supported a different candidate during the last election.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by FreeStuffsNG: 7:00am On Jun 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Aishah Ahmad was appointed Deputy Governor at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on the 23rd March, 2018. As Deputy Governor in charge of Financial System Stability,

Prior to her appointment at the CBN, Aishah was Executive Director, Retail Banking at Diamond Bank PLC, with over 22 years experience as a corporate executive and finance expert.

When you compare 22 years experience as a corporate executive and finance expert. to over 30 years cognate experience in core banking operations possessed by the Ag CBN Governor , Sonubi, then you will know why this kind of debate is way out of your own level of education and pay grade sir.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not a trader like Mr Obi o, this is a decision for only experienced administrators.

Sonubi is the most experienced and in line to Mr Emefiele.

Mrs Ahmad is way too young in cognate experience to handle those her very Senior and more experienced colleagues.

She is still in her early 40s so still has time to get more experience. If she has gone by civil service route, she will never have even gotten to that stage. Highest, she may be a Deputy Director in the civil service by now

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Dpen11(f): 7:01am On Jun 10, 2023
I see nothing in Nairaland if not abusive words from people that calls themselves adult

5 Likes

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by DeleTaller: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2023
She and EMEFIELE should be suspended.. because same woman has been defending EMEFIELE policy and she was the one attending the senate invitation when her boss refused to go... no to her and that Obiora

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by OVB123: 7:03am On Jun 10, 2023
Parachoko:
Una go wail tire

I think they is sense in what the OP is saying. Bola Tinubu is implementing what i called 'Yorubacracy' and it is not going to go well for him, if he continue like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Parachoko: 7:03am On Jun 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Day play
Sue him to court if you feel he does not have the power to do what he did

6 Likes

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Devil1Messenger: 7:05am On Jun 10, 2023
Minime10:

Go fu.k ya self. Not as though I like APC or anything associated with it, but, I kind of love BAT in his appointment so far,.
When buhari was appointing only people from the north during his flop tenure did we not warn you people over such bad precedent
If I were BAT no northerner would smell appointment in my cabinet.
What goes around, comes around.
And after 8yrs power return to the North and the nepotism continue 🤣
I pity u
Nigeria should just divide
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Devil1Messenger: 7:06am On Jun 10, 2023
Parachoko:
Sue him to court if you feel he does not have the power to do what he did
Lolz
But u accused Buhari of nepotism 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Parachoko: 7:06am On Jun 10, 2023
OVB123:
I think they is sense in what the OP is saying. Bola Tinubu is implementing what i called 'Yorubacracy' and it is not going to go well for him, if he continue like this.
If you like call it "OdududwaYorubacracy" sef, Asiwaju will pick whoever he's comfortable working with.

Shonuibu is the acting CBN Governor for now

7 Likes

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Parachoko: 7:07am On Jun 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Lolz
But u accused Buhari of nepotism 🤣🤣🤣
See, I no get strength for all dz kin unnecessary and dumb talk

Anybody that's not happy should go to court

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Acidosis(m): 7:08am On Jun 10, 2023
Something to keep you guys busy for another week I guess. cheesy cheesy They kept us occupied in the last two weeks with subsidy removal. Buhari had something to keep y'all occupied throughout his eight years while they do the main serial looting behind the scenes. We go dey discuss while Hadi Sirika builds himself more estates. cry cry

I will be taking a break from this section, starting from today.

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by AustineE1: 7:10am On Jun 10, 2023
Things are getting more interesting,the president choose an engineer over other financial experts....anyway no problem,Buhari set the stage for this kind of tribalism and nepotism,Tinubu has learnt so fast.
my own na make we sit down dey look,i wish them well.
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Devil1Messenger: 7:11am On Jun 10, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

When you compare 22 years experience as a corporate executive and finance expert. to over 30 years cognate experience in core banking operations possessed by the Ag CBN Governor , Sonubi, then you will know why this kind of debate is way out of your own level of education and pay grade sir.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not a trader like Mr Obi o, this is a decision for only experienced administrators.

That is the most experienced and in line to Mr Emefiele. Mrs Ahmad is way too young in cognate experience to handle those her very Senior and more experienced colleagues. She is still in early 40s so still has time to get more experience.
Eyah!!!!
An engineer over an accounting graduate and a finance expert
Pele oo
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Machinegun91(m): 7:13am On Jun 10, 2023
Aboki people cry blood, this time is for southwest.

Aisha that can't spoke good English.

I thought their religion forbid western life style nah.

Aisha should go sell masa in daura with her evil mentor Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Buhari4sale: 7:13am On Jun 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

U can't accuse Buhari of nepotism and u turned out to be worst
Tinubu can't spend more than 8yrs as president and when he is done, another tribe will take over and u will be the one to cry
So try to be reasonable

Hausa will take over
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Jokerman(m): 7:14am On Jun 10, 2023
As an engineer, I prefer Engr Osinubi.... More also a mechanical engineer like me as well, both products of unilag.... Why I no go support am?
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Akungitit: 7:14am On Jun 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Day play
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Devil1Messenger: 7:15am On Jun 10, 2023
Buhari4sale:

Hausa will take over
Exactly
And when the hausa man start doing this, they will be the first to start crying
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Akungitit: 7:15am On Jun 10, 2023
After Tinubu's 8 years,the next president will certainly not be from the South East, not in 100 years😂😂🤣🤣

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by FreeStuffsNG: 7:16am On Jun 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Eyah!!!!
An engineer over an accounting graduate and a finance expert
Pele oo
Hahaha.....Ignorance is bliss. The Central Bank Governor of UK is a Historian while Jerome H. Powell of the US studied Politics in the university, please abeg, do not sack dem o grin

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Devil1Messenger: 7:17am On Jun 10, 2023
Jokerman:
As an engineer, I prefer Engr Osinubi.... More also a mechanical engineer like me as well, both products of unilag.... Why I no go support am?
Square peg in a round hole
He just the deputy governor in charge of operations which is best suited for an engineer
But to be the CBN governor, u have to be a financial expert
Tinubu nor try
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Devil1Messenger: 7:19am On Jun 10, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hahaha.....Ignorance is bliss. The Central Bank Governor of UK is a Historian, please abeg, do not sack him o grin
Eyah!
God help u people
Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Jokerman(m): 7:21am On Jun 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

Square peg in a round hole
He just the deputy governor in charge of operations which is best suited for an engineer
But to be the CBN governor, u have to be a financial expert
Tinubu nor try

Doesn't matter. In operations, he would have learned a lot about financial services with over 30 years experience.

As an engineer, mathematics wont be his problem

5 Likes

Re: Profile Of Aisha Ahmad - The Only Deputy CBN Governor We Know. by Houseofglam7(f): 7:22am On Jun 10, 2023
🫤

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking News: Madam EFCC Is Also A Thief. / NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. / Fashola:-deception And Criminality At It's Highest||Lagosians wake up !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.