Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Mpg Challenge Nigeria - Autos (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Mpg Challenge Nigeria (11970 Views)

Low Mpg On Camry 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by valarinz: 11:37am On Jul 30, 2023
buygala:

What is poor about 19mpg? What is the actual difference in fuel cost between someone who does 19mpg and another doing 25mpg in say a week assuming both of them do an average of 200km a week?

Less than 3k a week and 10k a month. At 100km a week which is typical for most people doing 8-5, you're looking at a little over 1k a week and less than 5k a month. So much ado about nothing.

Only those who use their vehicles for public transport and cover hundreds of miles weekly should bother about these things

The above bolded comment is your original post where you mentioned mpg and kilometres in your first paragraph... How do you expect someone who doesn't know both measurements to reconcile your mpg yarns with the sudden shift to yarns about 200km and 100km?

4 weeks make one month?.. So 30 days or 31 days which make most months are four weeks? .. Please Remind me how many days are in a week?

NNPC official fuel price has been 617 per litre since 18th of this month.. The fact that you are mentioning 568 per litre makes me question whether you even own a vehicle...in which case trying to educate you is pointless...

And then you condescendingly thinking that tune-up parts will deteriorate within 7 months makes me wonder what kind of Jalopy you have been hopping, that's if you even have a car at all.

And please just sleep if you can't mention where in Nigeria you ar buying fuel at 568 per litre as at today.

You're always so aggressive and talk condescendingly to people, all brawn and fewer brain to your talk and posts most times, you've got to change tact Sir, its beneath you

Fuel is sold below ₦570/ltr here in Lagos (which account for a reasonable percentage of total car ownership in the nation), you dont have to Insult anyone due to your ignorance

Also, ₦10k or lower fuel savings in a month is inconsequential in the context youre debating, now kindly give it a rest 👍🏾

14 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by buygala(m): 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2023
valarinz:

You're always so aggressive and talk condescendingly to people, all brawn and fewer brain to your talk and posts most times, you go to change tact Sir, its beneath you

Fuel is sold below ₦570/ltr here in Lagos (which account for a reasonable percentage of total car ownership in the nation), you dont have to Insult anyone due to your ignorance

Also, ₦10k or lower fuel savings in a month is inconsequential in the context youre debating, now kindly give it a rest 👍🏾

I can see you have not yet been cured of that your long-standing madness...

Kindly state how many cars are operatiional in Nigeria in relation to those operational in Lagos, to warrant that your gbegiri statistic...

Or maybe this forum is LagosLand, where all issues discussed are limited to that landlocked Lagos...

This thread is about mpg challenge across Nigeria... That's why the thread is headed "MPG CHALLENGE NIGERIA"... not "MPG challenge Apapa or even Lagos".. . And naturally, people across Nigeria are narrating the steps they take to make sure their vehicles run as efficiently as possible... Then that your comrade-in-lunacy suddenly brings talk about 568 per liter as if na d price of fuel wey 90% of the country dey pay... So after some of una don buy 568 per litre of fuel for Lagos, the rest of us in the remaining 35 states and FCT are not Nigerians and the price we buy fuel shouldn't be reckoned with?... Or na only una for Lagos dey buy fuel for car, while the rest of us Talikas in the rest of Nigeria na camel we dey use waka about...

I stopped responding to that your co-idiot because his reasoning was beyond belief.. So because some pipu close to Apapa dey buy fuel 568, that should now be the yardstick for measuring how much others even in the same Lagos, and 35 states/FCT pay?... him sabi pass NNPCL wey peg price across the nation at 617? .. Or even those in this same Nigeria who pay higher than that 617 per litre are not Nigerians? ... Or maybe this thread is limited to experience from only motorists in the Lagos metropolis? . Even a mountain goat will reason much better than that.

Then you this unfortunate Ipob Jew have the nerve to jump in my mention and neigh like a horse castrated with a blunt knife?... Are you mad please?..

3 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2023
valarinz:

You're always so aggressive and talk condescendingly to people, all brawn and fewer brain to your talk and posts most times, you go to change tact Sir, its beneath you

Just ignore the fool. He categorically asked where fuel is sold at 568 in Nigeria today. After the brain dead dullard was corrected, he changed mouth and is foaming like an epileptic patient.

6 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by nawaforyouo: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2023
buygala:

I can see you have not yet been cured of that your long-standing madness...

Kindly state how many cars are operatiional in Nigeria in relation to those operational in Lagos, to warrant that your gbegiri statistic...

Or maybe this forum is LagosLand, where all issues discussed are limited to that landlocked Lagos...

This thread is about mpg challenge across Nigeria... That's why the thread is headed "MPG CHALLENGE NIGERIA"... not "MPG challenge Apapa or even Lagos".. . And naturally, people across Nigeria are narrating the steps they take to make sure their vehicles run as efficiently as possible... Then that your comrade-in-lunacy suddenly brings talk about 568 per liter as if na d price of fuel wey 90% of the country dey pay... So after some of una don buy 568 per litre of fuel for Lagos, the rest of us in the remaining 35 states and FCT are not Nigerians and the price we buy fuel shouldn't be reckoned with?... Or na only una for Lagos dey buy fuel for car, while the rest of us Talikas in the rest of Nigeria na camel we dey use waka about...

I stopped responding to that your co-idiot because his reasoning was beyond belief.. So because some pipu close to Apapa dey buy fuel 568, that should now be the yardstick for measuring how much others even in the same Lagos, and 35 states/FCT pay?... him sabi pass NNPCL wey peg price across the nation at 617? .. Or even those in this same Nigeria who pay higher than that 617 per litre are not Nigerians? ... Or maybe this thread is limited to experience from only motorists in the Lagos metropolis? . Even a mountain goat will reason much better than that.

Then you this unfortunate Ipob Jew have the nerve to jump in my mention and neigh like a horse castrated with a blunt knife?... Are you mad please?..

oh boy you get bad mouth o shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by yak(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2023
So, nobody wan separate this fight?
Soon teeth go dey everywhere.
Make I run before police go come carry everyone!!!
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kingdemu: 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
yak:
This is CarTalk. We don't separate fight here. Violence is our motto. How I wish OfficialDJ will jump in to take sides so that the gbas-gbos go increase the more grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by valarinz: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
yak:

If you were hoping i'll roll in the mud with a pig, you're mistaken.... Do small research and you'll realise I dont do childish Internet name-calling with frustrated people

Assuming I saw any point worthy of a response in the rant, ill respond to them, else...... grin

4 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by OfficialDJ: 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2023
Kingdemu:
This is CarTalk. We don't separate fight here. Violence is our motto. How I wish OfficialDJ will jump in to take sides so that the gbas-gbos go increase the more grin
What did I miss? I'm not scrolling up any page whatsoever to check for banter and vawulence. grin grin
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by OfficialDJ: 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2023
cheesy grin
Itsrm:

Just ignore the fool. He categorically asked where fuel is sold at 568 in Nigeria today. After the brain dead dullard was corrected, he changed mouth and is foaming like an epileptic patient.
wow
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kenosky1: 11:38am On Jul 31, 2023
Grupo:

Just bought 20k fuel today. Price per liter here was 595. So that gave me 33.61 liters.

I had small fuel in my tank prior.

I have reset my trip meter. And will give update once the reserve light shows.

Images attached below. Image 1: just before refueling.

Image 2: after refueling.

Thanks bros, just want to be sure my Corolla is not having spiritual problem. grin
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 12:50am On Aug 01, 2023
Kewtt:

My fuel gauge at 231km
Highway driving?
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 12:52am On Aug 01, 2023
Kewtt:

At 301.2km
No appreciable drop
My civic 2008 would be nearly done with this distance. Damn. Always knew that bastard had issues cry
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:57am On Aug 01, 2023
Toyota Highlander 2012.

4Cylinder 1AR 2.7L Engine

This was Highway Driving only .

Air-conditioning on.

Fully loaded trunk, aerodynamics not in my favour.

Full tank (first click and stop) to amber light 324miles (521km)

Fuel tank capacity 72Litres

Average Reserve (unused) 10L.

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Kewtt: 11:22am On Aug 01, 2023
Elxandre:

My civic 2008 would be nearly done with this distance. Damn. Always knew that bastard had issues cry
Try to resolve the issues
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by FIZZBEE: 5:22am On Aug 09, 2023
KINGKONG:
I drive a 1.6L Skoda Rapid 2013 Liftback..... I get 500km on 55 Liters (Full Tank) with AC and its a stick Shift............

I'm never gonna sell this car for any reason lol........
petrol or diesel engine and what type of transmission, DSG or manual
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by buygala(m): 6:11am On Aug 09, 2023
KINGKONG:
I drive a 1.6L Skoda Rapid 2013 Liftback..... I get 500km on 55 Liters (Full Tank) with AC and its a stick Shift............

I'm never gonna sell this car for any reason lol........

That's an average of 9km per litre... Quite underwhelming for a 1.6 litre engine

Most working normal v6 sedans and some V8s get that too or a little more.

1 Like

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by mekkystrings: 1:05am On Aug 12, 2023
Please I need honest opinion/reviews in the Hyundai 2012 manual transmission. Before I put head, thanks guys
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by MrReeseG(m): 2:02am On Aug 12, 2023
I enter here to come learn, but the.... vawulence... e choke

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Mokelu: 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Toyota Highlander 2012.

4Cylinder 1AR 2.7L Engine

This was Highway Driving only .

Air-conditioning on.

Fully loaded trunk, aerodynamics not in my favour.

Full tank (first click and stop) to amber light 324miles (521km)

Fuel tank capacity 72Litres

Average Reserve (unused) 10L.

I will be embarking on a road trip tomorrow.

Car will be a 2005 Pontiac Vibe.

I will post readings

2 Likes

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by ojeysky(m): 10:18pm On Sep 06, 2023
Drove a ford escape on a 238miles journey again yday/today and it was refilled with about 38liters. Note that the ford has a bad bank 1 sensor 2 02 sensor
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Mokelu: 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2023
ojeysky:
Drove a ford escape on a 238miles journey again yday/today and it was refilled with about 38liters. Note that the ford has a bad bank 1 sensor 2 02 sensor

Quite a number of vehicles post similar or even better figures than Uber corolla.

Why that car is hailed and highly sort after beats me!

1 Like

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by 234GT(m): 7:02am On Sep 09, 2023
Mokelu:

Quite a number of vehicles post similar or even better figures than Uber corolla.

Why that car is hailed and highly sort after beats me!

Toyota herd mentality is the reason
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Mokelu: 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2023
Mokelu:

I will be embarking on a road trip tomorrow.

Car will be a 2005 Pontiac Vibe.

I will post readings

A few more miles and the amber light will come up.

Filled up the tank with 23k worth of fuel at 585 per litre. 39litres in total.

This includes both highway and city driving.

Fully loaded trunk.

Vehicle did 218.5 miles which is about 352kms.

Full vehicle tank is 40litres from first to last click.

Still had a few litres to the amber light coming on before I did a top up.

1 Like

Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 2:19am On Sep 23, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

This season? Not good o

Baba, I am doing 10.9...on my XC90. I have my suspicions, but i want to do a scan first. The China scanner I have here is probably not compartible with my car...abeg how you fit help your boy?... embarassed
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 2:26am On Sep 23, 2023
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 2:29am On Sep 23, 2023
Grupo:

The name of the app is infocar. But it doesn't work alone. You have to connect it via Bluetooth to an OBD2 scanner.

Please can I connect with you off here to see the OBD2 scanner you got so we dont derail the thread? Thanks
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by chloedogie(m): 7:29am On Sep 23, 2023
Make I enter the challenge too. Would fill up the car today and revert within a week
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by ojeysky(m): 7:08am On Sep 24, 2023
odimbannamdi:

Baba, I am doing 10.9...on my XC90. I have my suspicions, but i want to do a scan first. The China scanner I have here is probably not compartible with my car...abeg how you fit help your boy?... embarassed

O'boy that's serious. Depends on your location could help with scanning your vehicle
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2023
ojeysky:

O'boy that's serious. Depends on your location could help with scanning your vehicle

My Oga, thanks so much jare. But na Lagos i dey and I recall you don't stay in Lagos
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by ojeysky(m): 10:20pm On Sep 24, 2023
odimbannamdi:

My Oga, thanks so much jare. But na Lagos i dey and I recall you don't stay in Lagos

Reach me in backyard, depends on your location I could refer you to someone in Lagos
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 11:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
ojeysky:

Reach me in backyard, depends on your location I could refer you to someone in Lagos

Okay my boss. Thanks so much
Re: Mpg Challenge Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2023
ojeysky:
Hi. Which year of Ford escape?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2008 Model Toyota Camry Xle Used. 08 Toyota Camry Sportz Used / SOLD! Reg Hyundai Accent 2008 @490k / Very Clean Foreign Used 2009 Toyota Corolla Available For Just #2.850m Only!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.