Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today (30869 Views)

Romanus Amuta Is Dead! (Natty Of 'New Masquerade Fame' Dies At 79) / 'Ovularia Is Not Dead' - Chika Okpala 'Zebrudaya' Says / Lizzy Evoeme Is Dead! Ovularia Of New Masquerade Dies (Rumours) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Gajagojo: 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
sukkot:
its my experience and opinion and I am entitled to share it on a public forum . If you don't like public forums with varied opinions I suggest you log off

Your experience is not reality
Opinions are okay but not fact

If a person has an experience that every Igbo man he meets has body door that does not justify the statement that

"IGBO MEN SMELL.BAD"
That is unintelligent

1 Like

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by aswani(m): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Christy Essien Igbokwe was Apena if I'm not mistaken. undecided

Thanks, how could I forget.

1 Like

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Teenaira: 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Privatepart00:
shocked shocked

When NTA was the talk of town then

Always bring laughter with how he acts

Zebrudaya!!! The comic actor who graced our black & white television with so much happiness

Nigeria should celebrate these our legends while they are still alive. I was thinking he will even be much older now. Thank God for his life. I really enjoyed those good days of NTA teledrama. They were top notch and highly professional. I pray that some of them that made us to see a good Nigeria will still be privileged to see a better Nigeria before they leave. Happy birthday sir.

2 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Queenslander(f): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
phemmyfour:
What did you see
nothing, it's a popular quote from the sitcom..
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Mahone05: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
Alias four thirty, Happy birthday sir

1 Like

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
hardbody:

Oil dey your head bro

That man used to crack me up back in the day. grin
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
aswani:

Thanks, how could I forget.

You're welcome, anytime. wink
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
FireUpNow:

Alias 4:30! This man is a legend with his English

I believe he invented his own English which was peculiar to him alone. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
Dikaveli:
Legend

Miss those days. Jegede Sokoya, gringorin, clarus, what's the name of jegede Sokoya's wife? Aminatu abi what?

Truly legend.

E be mas Pai yo-yo
Ebe mas Pai yo-yos
Ebe mas Pai yo-yos
If you come and ana there
A o yo. ( Singing gibberish.)

4 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
Bobbyjay001:

Miss those days. Jegede Sokoya, gringorin, clarus, what's the name of jegede Sokoya's wife? Aminatu abi what?

Truly legend.

E be mas Pai yo-yo
Ebe mas Pai yo-yos
Ebe mas Pai yo-yos
If you come and ana there
A o yo. ( Singing gibberish.)

Apena. smiley

1 Like

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2023
73? Wooow I thought he is older.

Happy Birthday Sir

2 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by NovusHomo(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today

Wishing Nigerian actor/comedian Chika Okpala, MFR a happy birthday today (born June 10, 1950). He is popularly known as Chief Zebrudaya Okoroigwe Nwogbo alias 4:30, an appellation he got from his role as "Chief Zebrudaya" in a TV comedy series, New Masquerade (1983-1993).

Happy birthday Chief Zebrudaya

"Zay B", the great. Happy birthday to a man who has brought happy times to millions of Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by obax321(m): 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
Happy Birthday, Chief

2 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Quintopia: 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2023
hardbody:

I remember him with nostalgia. The man with tiger attack marks on his cheeks. Who was the second houseboy after Gringory, any recall?

Clarus.
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Quintopia: 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
Baatunde:
Claude Eke- Jegede Shokoya gone too

He was an excellent actor. He didn’t have a single drop of Yoruba blood, but when he SPOKE. My goodness. You would swear he was born and bred in Ekiti.

All the actors in Masquerade were just first rate.

Same as those in Village Headmaster.

They were comparable to the best anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by bigcasava1(m): 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
TemplarLandry:
The man who speaks bad English.
He talks as if he's eating hot piece of yam just like Festus Okoye of INEC.
and baa la blu too
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by franvincoop: 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
HBD Sir

'' Come in if you are in the good looking''
'' See you after later''
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by pendragonbladgo(m): 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Wish we go back to 90's

All these 2000's children came to spoil show abeg....
I miss old days
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by juman(m): 5:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
The reason he disappeared from acting was when the hollywood (home video) thing began, the producers didnt want him in their films.
I wonder why?

While actors can perform any role.
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by FireUpNow(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

I believe he invented his own English which was peculiar to him alone. cheesy
Him alone can say but he is a very hilarious man

2 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by MemoriesAndMe: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
Very talented actor that paved way for today's Nollywood. May God bless his new age and grant him many more years ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Emary(f): 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
caracas:

You clearly do not understand what nollywood is
I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR A NOBODY TO EXPLAIN HIS OWN VERSION TO ME.
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Pacyrus(m): 7:15am On Jun 12, 2023
TemplarLandry:
The man who speaks bad English.
He talks as if he's eating hot piece of yam just like Festus Okoye of INEC.
You always comment basically for the worthless LIKES angry
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Pacyrus(m): 7:18am On Jun 12, 2023
Congratulations sire! Come oh, what about Gringory the house boy?
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by ledaman: 10:47am On Jun 12, 2023
Zebby the legend
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by jimcaddy(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2023
He is Pius Anyim's doppleganger...
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Jun 12, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

This one is titled "Teeth of a goat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp733ZmLLcg

Stop The Wedding Part 1 · James Iroha And The Masquerades

Stop The Wedding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UWMSlKg1Ow
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by loosecanon50(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
hardbody:

I remember him with nostalgia. The man with tiger attack marks on his cheeks. Who was the second houseboy after Gringory, any recall?

His name is Clarus. That one went blind in 2011 I think..

2 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Iceyjayz: 5:46am On Jun 18, 2023
Queenslander:
nothing, it's a popular quote from the sitcom..
Lielander are you still afraid of me? cheesy cheesy
I don't like your silence say something. 😀😀
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today

Wishing Nigerian actor/comedian Chika Okpala, MFR a happy birthday today (born June 10, 1950). He is popularly known as Chief Zebrudaya Okoroigwe Nwogbo alias 4:30, an appellation he got from his role as "Chief Zebrudaya" in a TV comedy series, New Masquerade (1983-1993).

Happy birthday Chief Zebrudaya

Zeburudaya alias 4:30 was a household name in Nigerian entertainment industry in the 80s and 90s. The name was on the lips of average Nigerians.

Chika Ọkpala is known as Zeburudaya in a comedy TV series called "New Masquerade" aired on NTA from 1983-1993.

Chika Ọkpala was known as Chief Zeburudaya Okoroigwe Nwogbo alias 4:30.

Full Article

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Vincent2000(m): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2023
Top Hidden Facts About Ilebaye Life And Sexual Relationships You Never Knew | Bbnaija All Stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpLLkLEEJtc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iyanya And Ubi Slay In Agbada On His Bentley / Checkout Denrele's Outfit To Miss Grand Nigeria 2015 Pageant(photos) / Oyindamola Olagunju Graduates With First Class From University Of Bedfordshire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.