Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today (31022 Views)

Elizabeth Evoeme Is Dead! Ovularia Of The New Masquerade Dies At 81 / Romanus Amuta Is Dead! (Natty Of 'New Masquerade Fame' Dies At 79) / 'Ovularia Is Not Dead' - Chika Okpala 'Zebrudaya' Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Twoclans(f): 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2023
To a living legend ,wishing you many more years ahead .
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Hawkler: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
Life was good in those days and NTA Enugu anchored the program then.
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Burgerlomo: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
HBD sir, I wish you long life and good health, Amen. 🙏
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Hawkler: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
TemplarLandry:
The man who speaks bad English.
He talks as if he's eating a hot piece of yam just like Festus Okoye of INEC.
Can you pronounce this "silhouette" if I meet you one on one now...? Olodo
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by sylve11: 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
Kai! How soon hath time!

Happy birthday, Sir. I wish you long life and prosperity. cool
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by mariahAngel(f): 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
KingSatan:
Chief Zebrudaya!

May you live longer.

Hmm! This one that Satan is wishing someone "longer life". undecided
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by FireUpNow(m): 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2023
Alias 4:30! This man is a legend with his English
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Zona123(m): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
Happy birthday day Chief Zebrudaya Okorigwe Neogu alias 4·30
Many more years sir, you really put smile in my face when I was a child watching your series the New Masquerade, thank you sir for making my childhood a memorable one.
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Gajagojo: 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

My auntie recorded in on tape back in the day when it was still "Masquerade" and we listened to it repeatedly until the tape became unplayable. cheesy
Hmm....

Masquerade was a production of NTA Aba. Back in the day. 70s. It had Christy Essien in it. Later it went National as New Masquerade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msr1sqQJHeQ

1 Like

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Vulcan24(m): 12:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
These men made life happy for so many

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Exceed15: 1:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
Wow I like this man. Congratulations
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Gajagojo: 1:11pm On Jun 11, 2023
sukkot:
When it comes to being funny you gotta give it to the Igbo man and the Yoruba man but most especially the Igbo man. Zebrudaya and eleyinmi and jegede shokoya were funny as shit
The Igbo man is funny to the Igbo man
He cannot be funnier to an Ogoni man than an Ogoni man

Your comment is unnecessary and senseless

1 Like

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Confirm4real(m): 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
Indomie generation will not comprehend the motive for celebrating him cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by aswani(m): 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
Happy birthday sir, what an actor and what a cast you were part of as Chief Zebrudaya.
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by aswani(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
sukkot:
There were not too many weak links on that show, all the characters were extremely talented and funny, jegede shokoya was funny as heck, giringory was funny as shit, eleyinmi was funny as shit, zebrudaya was funny as shit, Clarus was funny, it's all on YouTube

Eleyinmi was in Village Headmaster. Giringory, Natty, Ovularia and Christy Essien Igbokwe (her character name escapes me now) were in Masquerade/New Masquerade.

What a banger of a show that was.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by sukkot: 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2023
aswani:

Eleyinmi was in Village Headmaster. Giringory, Natty, Ovularia and Christy Essien Igbokwe (her character name escapes me now) were in Masquerade/New Masquerade.

oh its two different shows ? lol. shows how much i know grin
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
Gajagojo:

Hmm....

Masquerade was a production of NTA Aba. Back in the day. 70s. It had Christy Essien in it. Later it went National as New Masquerade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msr1sqQJHeQ

This one is titled "Teeth of a goat"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp733ZmLLcg

1 Like

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by DavSagacity(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
Happy birthday Chief Zebruddaya.
The man that said the Federal Government gave him MON without EY. Member of the order of 5he Niger without Money

2 Likes

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by crossbreedwears(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
You sabi am bro. They do shoot the program in Enugu back then
HimName:
C Nahaty dey drag food as usual grin

Old Tuesday night memories.

8:30pm - 9pm
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by favour32(m): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
Years way back!
Clarus,Gringory,Akpenor,Natti, and others.
Happy birthday to you Chief Zebrudaya.

1 Like

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by sukkot: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
Gajagojo:

The Igbo man is funny to the Igbo man
He cannot be funnier to an Ogoni man than an Ogoni man

Your comment is unnecessary and senseless
i beg to differ, the funniest guys i have met in my life were igbo guys. obviously not all of them because many of them no get joy grin
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by emonis88: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
Alot of Nairalanders no go know am o! Kids plenty for here.
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Gajagojo: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
sukkot:
i beg to differ, the funniest guys i have met in my life were igbo guys. obviously not all of them because many of them no get joy grin
m
So what?
You are one person
How many people have you met in your life
How many days have you been alive?
If you live for 100 years and meet 100 people every day How man y people will you meet?
What is funny to you is not funny to everyone
The point is there is no logical basis to make that statement
In fact it is unintelligent to generalise from your experience
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by tbobuneo(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR 🥳🎉

Happy birthday Chief Zebrudaya
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by sukkot: 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
Gajagojo:
m
So what?
You are one person
How many people have you met in your life
How many days have you been alive?
If you live for 100 years and meet 100 people every day How man y people will you meet?
What is funny to you is not funny to everyone
The point is there is no logical basis to make that statement
In fact it is unintelligent to generalise from your experience
its my experience and opinion and I am entitled to share it on a public forum . If you don't like public forums with varied opinions I suggest you log off
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by DJperdurabo: 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
[quote author=Baatunde post=123719780]Claude Eke- Jegede Shokoya gone too

[/quote

Jegede when his pride has been rightly or wrongly hurt by Ramota (his wife);

He puffs up, packs his "1500" agbada and goes:

"E mi, Jegede Shokoya, the grandson of Ijo Ijalaba, the son of the soil and by the grace of God, the youngest millionaire in the whole universe, its me you are talking to like this Ramota..."

Oh boy...Time sure flies.

1 Like

Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Onyi90(m): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today

Wishing Nigerian actor/comedian Chika Okpala, MFR a happy birthday today (born June 10, 1950). He is popularly known as Chief Zebrudaya Okoroigwe Nwogbo alias 4:30, an appellation he got from his role as "Chief Zebrudaya" in a TV comedy series, New Masquerade (1983-1993).

Happy birthday Chief Zebrudaya

Happy Birthday Sir. You made my childhood memorable. I can't forget Gregory and Cletus and others too.
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by hardbody: 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

"Alabuku, apc, aladura and all mejitra, mejitra medicine of pain deliver nde!" - Zebrudaya's prescription to oyinbo man in pain. grin grin grin

Oil dey your head bro
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by hardbody: 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
Baatunde:
Claude Eke- Jegede Shokoya gone too

I remember him with nostalgia. The man with tiger attack marks on his cheeks. Who was the second houseboy after Gringory, any recall?
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by Chinny024(f): 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
Privatepart00:

shocked shocked shocked

😨🤡👹😨 scary though
Re: Chika Okpala Of "The New Masquerade" Is 73 Today by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
aswani:

Christy Essien Igbokwe was Apena if I'm not mistaken. undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gifty Powers Slams Lilian Afegbai For Not Being Able To Afford Cosmetic Surgery / Erica Okundaye, M.I Abaga’s Ex-Girlfriend Celebrates His 37th Birthday / Uche Jombo And Her Cute Son In Adorable New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.