Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) (4581 Views)

Oluremi Tinubu In A Loved Up Photo With Husband In UK / Loved Up Photo Between Peter Obi And His Wife at Ibadan Today / Nnamdi Kanu And His Legal Team Pose With One Leg Up (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ican2020: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2023
It’s unfortunate
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2023
He really goofed
OlujobaSamuel:

Don't compare pls. Emefiele action is the worse action during the crazy 8yrs.
His action could have lead to war or anarchy.
Imagine having money but you can't feed? Nothing can be worse than that ooo.
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2023
We know all your lamentations, but blame Buhari much not Emefiele...he acted on buhari order
OlujobaSamuel:

He should be locked up without seeing the sun for a yr. I gave a lady #500 note during the crisis and she was so filled with joy despite having to return the fund to transfer to my account.
Someone I know personally that is well comfortable in the Nigerian context had to beg me to help raised 3k for the family to have cash for needs.
The case is just too numerous. I wasn't short of cash during that period and I never bought cash, but I felt for people around me.
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
Blame Buhari his boss more
WeirdAlien:
This is the guy that widened the gap between official exchange rate and black market!
Imagine you have to pay almost double to buy Dollars or Pounds in the black market for legitimate reasons.
I know people who have Form A requests that has been pending for over 6 months to pay tuition fees abroad. Yet that Mallam at Sabo never runs out of Dollars.
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 4:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
You are right
Mindlog:
He was greedy and was available to be used while he got his own cut, believing he had a seat at the table as he refused to acknowledge the fact that he was actually part of the menu.
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
Pls do you have evidence or hearsay?
Quintopia:
A brilliant banker who brilliantly funded IPOB.
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by Outstandingmam: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2023
ENGINEERG:
GODWIN EMEFIELE: A brilliant Banker that was used and messed up.

Godwin Emefiele finished as one of the top students in his class when he obtained his Bachelor's Degree in Banking and Finance.
He is also an alumnus of Stanford University, Harvard University and Wharton School of Business. He was a wonderful lecturer, and he performed excellently well as Managing Director of Zenith Bank.
After 18years of Banking experience, he moved to CBN. And in 2014, he was made the CBN Governor by former president Jonathan. Till after the Jonathan tenure, Nigerians didn't complain about him.

Buhari came in 2015, and thereafter, Nigeria economy Nosedived and all policies of CBN aggravated our situations. Buhari retained Emefiele for his 8yrs in power, inspite of the glaring economic woes. So far now, Godwin Emefiele, unarguably is now the worst CBN governor in Nigeria history.
But in reality, it was Buhari Government that allegedly used him for everything he did, which caused pain to Nigerians, most expecially multiple foreign exchange and Naira redesigning. Indirectly, Emefiele allegedly acted BUHARI Scripts.

Imagine, with his bad policies, he was not removed. He was rewarded with another 5 years term in 2019. During the last election, he wanted to become the president too, and APC Form was purchased for him. Funnily, he didn't resign and Buhari didn't remove him. We cried then for his removal, but the president didn't act against him.
Even, he ought to have been arrested in several times, but Buhari and his people protected him again. Few months ago, after the allegation of financing terrorism and financial crime against him, DSS wanted to arest him but when Emefiele returned to Nigeria after spending several weeks away, military personnel and intelligence officers were deployed to ensure that he was not arrested by the DSS.
The then CBN governor headed to his office after his return with massive security, specifically military protection.

Some people didn't know that so many people in government were benefiting from the failed system Emefele headed. And these Beneficiaries suddenly became Billionaires from multiple foreign exchange, Anchor borrowers programme etc.
But as usual, a new government is now in power, and he is now the Sacrificial Lamb for what he was used for. And he deserves to be prosecuted in accordance with the law.

But this is a lesson for everyone. Just do what is right, and don't let any boss/people use you for their selfish gains. Now he has soiled his family name after a wonderful career in the banking industry.

@OP, you're very correct. I wrote the thread below after the design crises.

https://www.nairaland.com/7609833/lessons-learned-naira-design-crisis

Anybody that worked for buhari is in danger. Tinubu has the good fortune that they blocked him from buhari govt and most of those hating him today were celebrating when the cabals were showing him shege. Now nothing that happened in the buhari regime can ever be linked with him.

I really feel for Emefiele

1 Like

Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by Nightwolf1: 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
flokii:
What is brilliant about him?.. a willing tool in the hands of cabals who comfortably worked against his Country to satisfy his own greed and those of some selected few in the corridors of power.

President Tinubu should avoid choosing any SE person as CBN governor for now. They don't do things objectively and are always driven by money and what they will acquire quick quick. No offence meant, just stating facts.

Tribalism has blinded your sense of reasoning and made you absolutely foolish. Emefiele is from South South and not South East.

Too many senseless peeps on Nairaland gravitating towards innate hatred for South East. grin grin
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2023
Exactly, you have written fact and truth if we dont want to lie
Outstandingmam:

@OP, you're very correct. I wrote the thread below after the design crises.

https://www.nairaland.com/7609833/lessons-learned-naira-design-crisis

Anybody that worked for buhari is in danger. Tinubu has the good fortune that they blocked him from buhari govt and most of those hating him today were celebrating when the cabals were showing him shege. Now nothing that happened in the buhari regime can never be linked with him.

I really feel for Emefiele
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2023
I pray Tribalism wont forever destroyed Nigeria
Nightwolf1:

Tribalism has blinded your sense of reasoning and made you absolutely foolish. Emefiele is from South South and not South East.

Too many senseless peeps on Nairaland gravitating towards innate hatred for South East. grin grin
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by Shigishege2: 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
ENGINEERG:
What is new in what Tinubu did? You are just funny, all is expected...since January DSS wanted to arrest Emefiele, so if anyone else became president, same thing will happen
so why are you shouting
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by NapoleonHill: 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
mbaise1000:
Anyone who is supporting this and is not saying anything against those that went and hired Ethiopian airlines plane and painted it nigeria colour and told nigerians that he has started a business for them is worse than emefiele and those he is criticizing

Some of you are always looking for ways to deflect from the real situation. When it's time to call out people who support the scam of a Nigerian airline, we shall. For now, Emefiele or whatever he's called must pay the full price. People died.

1 Like

Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2023
Seems you are mentally unstable. You see me shouting?
Shigishege2:
so why are you shouting
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by Bukola94: 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2023
LordIsaac:
Then Stanford, Havard and Wharton Business School have failed in Emiefewerey.
is not about schools, degree,master, or PhD most times, what matters is brain, wisdom and strategic in any challenge a nation is facing. Nigeria has one of the best brains, but greed ,selfishness and blind loyalty destroyed this man name
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ITbomb(m): 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2023
Once I saw this 5 years ago , I knew this brilliant banker is gone

Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2023
That is it..And fear of God is good too.
Bukola94:
is not about schools, degree,master, or PhD most times, what matters is brain, wisdom and strategic in any challenge a nation is facing. Nigeria has one of the best brains, but greed ,selfishness and blind loyalty destroyed this man name

1 Like

Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by Ofemannnu: 8:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
A brilliant banker? grin
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by jahsharon: 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
ENGINEERG:
And he developed Zenith bank in his era...Are you sure you are a good worker

Please tell me how he developed Zenith Bank. All Zenith Bank’s successes were under Jim Ovia. Ask your friends and relatives who worked there between 1990 and 2015

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by WeirdAlien: 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
ENGINEERG:
Blame Buhari his boss more
You sound like a sympathetizer. I'm disappointed.
He is responsible for his own actions!
Sanusi publicly spoke against wrong policies in his own time. In fact he said he was not born a CBN governor and would rather lose that position than succumb to pressure to implement harmful policies.
Charles Soludo stood his ground in the matter of capitalization against the banking cabal.
Emefiele has no excuse abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by ENGINEERG(m): 9:04am On Jun 11, 2023
You dont need to talk on what u dont know
jahsharon:

Please tell me how he developed Zenith Bank. All Zenith Bank’s successes were under Jim Ovia. Ask your friends and relatives who worked there between 1990 and 2015
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by Shigishege2: 9:13am On Jun 11, 2023
ENGINEERG:
Seems you are mentally unstable. You see me shouting?
zombie o zombie... tan tan tara tara
Re: GODWIN EMEFIELE: A Brilliant Banker That Was Used And Messed Up.(photo) by jahsharon: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
ENGINEERG:
You dont need to talk on what u dont know

I think you should be the one to keep shut. I worked with the idiot and I know very well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corruption Perception: Goodluck Jonathan Versus Bola Tinubu / This Is One Reason Why Nta Should Be Sold (photos) / Court Restrains Abdusalam, Sacked Labour Party Chairman From Party Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.