Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets (14039 Views)

Bosun Tijani apologises to senators for calling them ‘morons’ in a 2021 tweet / Breaking News: Kayode Fayemi Emerges As Chairman Elect, Nigeria Governors Forum / Okorocha Absent As INEC Presents Certificate To Senators-Elect- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Islie: 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
Vice-President Kashim Shettima has asked senators-elect to “vote wisely” when the upper legislative chamber is inaugurated next week.

The senate will elect its presiding officers for the 10th assembly on Tuesday.

Speaking during the ninth senate’s valedictory session on Saturday, Shettima told the lawmakers that the stability of the country is greater than that of their pockets.

There have been allegations that some senate president hopefuls are using money to woo senators-elect to vote for them.

Although the All Progressives Congress (APC) has nominated Godswill Akpabio, a former minister of Niger Delta affairs, for the position of senate president, Abdulaziz Yari, a former governor of Zamfara, and Orji Uzor Kalu, chief whip, have insisted on vying for the position.

The vice-president said the country’s interest should inform who they elect as senate president and deputy.

“To my incoming colleagues, I will leave you with a parable, ‘the stability of this nation is superior to the stability of our pockets’. On Tuesday, let us vote wisely, let us vote for the Nigerian nation,” he said.

The number two citizen described his colleagues as “friends who have become an integral part of my history”.

“We have served shoulder to shoulder in the face of adversity and worked relentlessly for the betterment of our nation,” he said.

https://www.thecable.ng/shettima-to-senators-elect-nigerias-stability-more-important-than-our-pockets/amp

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hehehehehe. No ending to the deception.
Expect corn people to continue to celebrate deception. The way they celebrate meetings and statements like this makes me laugh to almost burst my belly. Reminds me of Buhari early government initial gra gra. The pretence and everything. Buhari body language. YAM eaters. Whistle blowing. Sheriffat in town grin grin

Soon we will know their direction. You are telling a group of rogues and armed robbers not to fill their pockets. When you came to power bribing same people as delegates with millions of naira. Dey play. Keep the deception flowing grin grin grin cheesy grin

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2023
This is the kind of administration Nigerians have been waiting for. No stealing of pocket moni again.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Shigishege2: 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
Ride on Shetty baba.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Nightwolf1: 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2023

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Ihateheadslamer: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2023
Trust Nigeria politicians in your own peril tongue
YinkaOlusesi16:
This is the kind of administration Nigerians have been waiting for. No stealing of pocket moni again.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by TemplarLandry: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2023
So true. Shettima is another northern man I respect so much for his wits. He speaks good English. Ado Doguwa too.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by makindeAZ(m): 8:56pm On Jun 10, 2023
Beta talk

Bring your PayPal Funds,Bitcoin,Gift cards,Cashapp,Zelle,venmo,Neteller for instant payment

Just call or WhatsApp me

Paypal : 640 PER USD

Venmo : 500 PER USD

E-Transfer : 320 PER CAD

Zelle : 600 PER USD

ITunes card : 500 PER USD

Amazon card : 520 PER USD

Ebay gift card : 500 PER USD

Steam wallet : 620 PER USD

Google play store : 550 PER USD

Amex gift card : 570-580 PER USD

Bitcoin : ASK FOR RATE

Pi coin : 300-350 PER 1

Core : 850-900 PER 1

Usdt : ASK RATE

OTHER CARDS & FUNDS CAN COME IN

Just call or WhatsApp me
CHECK PROFILE OR SIGNATURE FOR CONTACT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by slawomir: 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Them go hear

1 Like

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Beverlyjean(f): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
Story... they can only deceive agbadorians and not obedients

2 Likes

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by fredoooooo: 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
Tell dem sir .. those shark wey dey swallow money.. tell them .. we have to regulate what they earn ..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by stillme231: 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
another tales by moonlight

2 Likes

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by kennyz247(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
joke and politics apart,this Tinubu government is having good prospect and may favour we masses all ooo

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Houseofglam7(f): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯

1 Like

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by O80234: 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
Necessary

2 Likes

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Manny21: 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
Just say you want a National Assembly you can control

1 Like

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Tunasco4u(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
I know that a time will come when this country will turn from Good,better to best.

Like play like play things will suddenly change by people we don't believe will make it happen.

It will happen Nigeria go better one day by God's grace.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by BABANGBALI: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
Yinmu! They're there for the money

1 Like

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by norriswood(m): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Hehehehehe. No ending to the deception.
Expect corn people to continue to celebrate deception. The way they celebrate meetings and statements like this makes me laugh to almost burst my belly. Reminds me of Buhari early government initial gra gra. The pretence and everything...

Soon we will know their direction. You are telling a group of rogues and armed robbers ....not to fill their pockets. When you came to
power bribing same people as delegates with millions of naira. Dey play. Keep the deception flowing grin grin grin cheesy grin
.. zombies

3 Likes

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by o123456789(m): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
Is our vice president telling us that Nigeria is currently unstable?
Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
Well spoken!

This is the patriotism that is required!

God bless His Excellency, Vice-President Kashim Shettima

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by iHateFraudsters: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
🤡
Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by LibertyRep: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
I wholeheartedly wish we have a legislator that will stand firm and won't be an extension of the Executive.

We shouldn't have a repeat of the outgoing, Lawan lead NASS.
Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by condralbedez: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
Dem dem-Like Shettima like the elected Senators.
Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Postinor: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
Vice presido,one region I guess will never rule nigeria till thy kingdom come because of their hate and arrogance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by emonis88: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
Story for the gods, when they were ethnic profiling , they didn't think of Nigeria's stability then.

1 Like

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by chaddy16: 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
Your score card will be out in 4 years. All the best VP

1 Like

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Emu4life(m): 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
YeYenatu
Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Fr33born(m): 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
See how the same group of people who have held Nigeria to the ground since time immemorial have suddenly become Saints and praises showered on them all because of Tribalism. We have suddenly forgotten all their atrocities. All their evil forgotten all because of Bigotry.

Oh! Nigeria my country. Smh

YinkaOlusesi16:
Shigishege2:
Ride on Shetty baba.
SangoOlukosoOba:
Well spoken!

This is the patriotism that is required!

God bless His Excellency, Vice-President Kashim Shettima
TemplarLandry:
So true. Shettima is another northern man I respect so much for his wits. He speaks good English. Ado Doguwa too.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima To Senators-elect: Nigeria’s Stability More Important Than Our Pockets by Omoawoke: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
By the time Tinubu finishes first 100 days in office, he would have finished work

Nigeria will be on auto run till the end of his tenure, everything running smoothly

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajimobi Leads Team In Conducting Cleanup Exercise Across Oyo State -pics / Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Scheduled Visit To Taraba, Benue, Others / 2023: Six PDP Governors Will Declare Support For Tinubu In January – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.