Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling (1481 Views)

Nigeria Customs To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling / Customs Officer Who Exposed Petrol Smuggling Business Still In Detention / Customs Detains Owombo Segun John For Exposing Booming Petrol Smuggling Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by akingangan: 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
EXCLUSIVE: Nigeria Customs Service To Grill 12 Officers Allegedly Involved In Petrol Smuggling Business To Cameroon, Chad, Other African Countries

The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has summoned 12 personnel to its headquarters in Abuja for interrogation over their alleged role in the smuggling of refined petroleum products, especially the Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise called petrol, to Cameroon, Chad, Niger Republic and other African countries.

According to the letter dated June 8, obtained by SaharaReporters and titled, “Invitation to report at Customs Police Headquarters” the NCS said, “Sequel to an ongoing investigation directed by the CGC, the under-listed officers are requested to report at the CPU Headquarters on the 13th of June by 1100hours unfailingly.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/06/10/exclusive-nigeria-customs-service-grill-12-officers-allegedly-involved-petrol-smuggling

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by SmartPolician: 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
This is exactly what I expected.

How can one country be illegally feeding an entire West African subregion and nobody is getting punished for it?

Those who kept defending Buhari's incompetence will now see the difference between a serious president and an incompetent herdsman!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Ihateheadslamer: 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
Way to go

The entire country people will appreciate it more if tinubu can punish Buhari tongue

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by LeoDeKing: 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
I don't understand, because this seems not to appeal to simple logic.

One of the reasons for removing subsidy is that the subsidised products were smuggled out to neighbouring countries and sold at competitive prices.

By implication, the unsubsidised products are now at competitive prices. Why will anyone then take the risk of smuggling them out only to sell at same price?

Is it that I'm not getting the whole concept or something?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Lutherblaq: 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
ehya ahh!!
see handsome man oh chai! he don go follow Buhari do abracadabra now all this handsomeness go waste fo kuje abi na kirikiri prison..

oh Emefiele and buhari don go buy shege.. know na only ememumu go see the shege alone cheesy..

may konji no go kill em wife oh..

hehehe this mean say e belong
to nobody, e belong to everybody
grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2023
grin grin grin Very necessary.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by KingKO22: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2023
Action Daddy is different from Yes daddy

Asiwaju should have been our president since 1999

Delay is better than never

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by KingKO22: 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
I see the action of MKO and Awolowo in Asiwaju

Asiwaju ride on

Let's have a country that works for all

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by JAMO4REAL1(m): 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2023
Government no nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by OfoIgbo: 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
Tinubu is just an ordinary drug-dealer.

His corruption fighting is mere window--dressing to confuse the stupid
Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Martinsmine(m): 4:05pm On Jun 10, 2023
Customs to take smuggling serious. How will desparado drink looks so adultrated. God help nigerians for good health. . ..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Healthquest: 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
LeoDeKing:

One of the reasons for removing subsidy is that the subsidised products were smuggled out to neighbouring countries and sold at competitive prices.

By implication, the unsubsidised products are now at competitive prices. Why will anyone then take the risk of smuggling them out only to sell at same price?

investigating old smuggled products

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Ismael97(m): 4:25pm On Jun 10, 2023
I would say, A new Sheriff is in Town

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by jahsharon: 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2023
LeoDeKing:

The action of government is for those who have brain to understand, not for everyone that has human skin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by lecowas: 4:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
The fear in the atmosphere for corrupt individuals has been elevated. This is what we expected from Buhari that he couldn't do, A wise civilian is doing great already

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by LeoDeKing: 4:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
jahsharon:

The action of government is for those who have brain to understand, not for everyone that has human skin
If you have brain as your comment implies, you would have made even a single explanatory statement which is expected to be contrary to the comment you quoted rather than screaming "is for those who have brain".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by omenka(m): 4:46pm On Jun 10, 2023
Omor!! If this is done by the books, very big heads might roll.

I trust who I campaigned and voted for. Jagaban Borgu, may God bless and strengthen you to see this task of cleansing the Augean table to its very last dirt.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by motayoayinde: 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
LeoDeKing:

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

HE'S INTERROGATING THEM FOR NOT ONLY ALLOWING SMUGGLING OF OUR SUBSIDIZED OIL BUT ALSO BEING A PART OF IT.

HE WANTS SOME HEADS TO ROLL FOR MANY YEARS OF ECONOMIC SABOTAGE.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by LeoDeKing: 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2023
motayoayinde:

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

HE'S INTERROGATING THEM FOR NOT ONLY ALLOWING SMUGGLING OF OUR SUBSIDIZED OIL BUT ALSO BEING A PART OF IT.

HE WANTS SOME HEADS TO ROLL FOR MANY YEARS OF ECONOMIC SABOTAGE.
Okay.

I think that should be about it.

Now I gerrit. Thanks for the head up.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Kukutenla: 5:12pm On Jun 10, 2023
jahsharon:

grin grin grin grin
Do you realise that moniker senior you in zombeism
You're playing with your job
Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Kukutenla: 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2023
LeoDeKing:

If you have brain as your comment implies, you would have made even a single explanatory statement which is expected to be contrary to the comment you quoted rather than screaming "is for those who have brain".
Apologies sir. It's a case of stray bullet
The moniker is one of the dogs your party deployed to insult, denigrate and bully anyone who says anything contrary to praise for the Leader
Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Kukutenla: 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
I will advise APC rats to take it easy with self- servicing all over the Internet over every little item of news no matter how meaningless about this administration.
This can lead to coming too early such that there'll be nothing left in them before the end of four years at this rate

That said, can anyone with half size of a pea for a brain among the praise- singers above point to any part of the news that correlates with the headline?
Thankio
Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Parachoko: 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
I hope Segun Owombo John will get justice

The guy showed us evidence of people carrying our subsidize petrol to Niger, he was prosecuted for speaking the truth

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by tamdun: 5:28pm On Jun 10, 2023
Good,their names are already published

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by LeoDeKing: 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

Apologies sir. It's a case of stray bullet
The moniker is one of the dogs your party deployed to insult, denigrate and bully anyone who says anything contrary to praise for the Leader
Okay, thanks for the head up.

You really doing a great job memorising over 2 million monikers on nairaland and their respective political leanings.

How much are you being paid for this job? Honestly, your task is a great one. I hope Peter Obi gives you a sizeable cut when he is done with his deception.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Kukutenla: 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2023
LeoDeKing:

You really doing a great job memorising over 2 million monikers on nairaland and their respective political leanings.

How much are you being paid for this job? Honestly, your task is a great one. I hope Peter Obi gives you a sizeable cut when he is done with his deception.
grin grin grin
Shalaye
If you were only half smart and not used ipob to decimate your iq, you'll know the way that moniker attacked you is reminiscent of how APC rats attack monikers who say anything they deem antagonistic to their paymasters.
But you won't know because you're used to doing the attacking as well.
Apologies once more. Na stray bullet
Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Finestgurlie(f): 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
LeoDeKing:

abj big boy
have you refund ?
Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by LeoDeKing: 5:51pm On Jun 10, 2023
Kukutenla:

grin grin grin
Shalaye
If you were only half smart and not used ipob to decimate your iq, you'll know the way that moniker attacked you is reminiscent of how APC rats attack monikers who say anything they deem antagonistic to their paymasters.
But you won't know because you're used to doing the attacking as well.
Apologies once more. Na stray bullet
Okay.

But I repeat, well done for the great task of memorising monikers. It may interest you I was never aware that you exist until you pushed yourself to my attention.

I'm also replying this message without bothering myself with the username. Keep it up, it may pay off one day.

Finally, bye.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by seunmsg(m): 6:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
LeoDeKing:

It is an ongoing investigation. They were accused of the crime during the subsidy regime. The smuggling happened before subsidy was removed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by ebenezary(m): 6:12pm On Jun 10, 2023
do you know what is call arbitrage, even as the subsidy remove those countries see it as another opportunity and increase the price, if price is N500 in nigeria and N800 in other countries, if they still smuggle it out they will still make profit
LeoDeKing:

Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Kukutenla: 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Okay.

But I repeat, well done for the great task of memorising monikers. It may interest you I was never aware that you exist until you pushed yourself to my attention.

I'm also replying this message without bothering myself with the username. Keep it up, it may pay off one day.

Finally, bye.
To the next thread to spill trash
Just watch out for another stray bullet
grin grin
Re: Tinubu Is Not Playing - Nigeria Customs To Grill Officers Over Petrol Smuggling by Kukutenla: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
seunmsg:

It is an ongoing investigation. They were accused of the crime during the subsidy regime. The smuggling happened before subsidy was removed.
News has it that price of fuel has gone up in neighboring countries to about 900naira.
So except we're looking to increase ours as well to match theirs, that removal will not stop the acclaimed smuggling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Just A Mistake Or Deliberate By Bola Ahmed Tinubu? / BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu May Regain Freedom Before End Of 2023 – Ohanaeze [DETAILS] / Since Tinubu Became President, He Has Not Put A Call Across To Me ~ Pa Adebanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.