Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

"She Don Off Gas" Mixed Reaction Trails Chef Dammy As She Offs Gas To Pick Beans - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / "She Don Off Gas" Mixed Reaction Trails Chef Dammy As She Offs Gas To Pick Beans (416 Views)

A Nigerian Chef Celebrates Birthday With 'Indomie Carton' Cake (Photos) / Slay Queen Claims 70-year-old On Her Birthday. See Reaction (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"She Don Off Gas" Mixed Reaction Trails Chef Dammy As She Offs Gas To Pick Beans by udofia234(m): 4:41pm On Jun 10, 2023
“She Don off Gas”: Mixed Reactions Trail Chef Dammy As She Picked Beans During Mission to Beat Hilda’s Record

Chief Damilola Adeparusi has become a popular topic of discussion on social media as she goes on a journey to cook for 120 hours
Determined to beat Hilda Baci's record, the lady has now cooked for over 30 hours, and going strong
A photo showing her picking beans during her task sparked heated debate among Nigerians online

Nigerian chef, Damilola Adeparusi, has become popular in the media as she went after Hilda Baci's 100 hours record.

The chef from Ekiti said that she would go on a cooking journey for five days. Nigerians thronged social media with mixed reactions.

Chef Damilola cooking hard/People showed her support.
Many people still showed her support despite criticism online. Photo source: @SpiritWorldGM Source: Twitter
Dammy picked beans
While some people believed that the sky was big enough for everyone to fly, others believed it was still too early to beat Hilda's record.

Hours after she started cooking, a photo showing Damilola and her assistant picking beans got more people talking.

A Twitter user, @Bellaaderonke, who shared the photo noted that her gas cooker was off as she picked the beans

@InspireAA asked:

"Yes, what is wrong with that?"
She replied:

"They said cooking meal prep isn’t part of it."
@olateeman said:

"Na strategy work smart not hard."
@iamswag6ixsneh joked:

"To pick beans alone na pickathon on its own."
@Chief_Olaitan said:

"I don’t even want to see stuff like this. Must it be the cooking record you go for? Even when they haven’t awarded Hilda’s."
@pixel_savant said:

"Na classism go kill Nigerians sha. If your issue is her being unnecessarily competitive I can even understand. But all I see is you people making fun of her inferior equipment and setting."
@oneshygirl_ said:

"I’m sorry, why are people mocking this lady? Everyone has the right to do what they want. Nobody has monopoly of GWR, and there’s no timeline to break records."
BROAD'EMEKA said:

"Hilda doesn't have the Monopoly of anything. And besides she's not an official record holder yet so..."
Damilola cooked for 31 hours
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that Damilola cooked for 31 hours on the second day of her cooking marathon. The lady is still going strong as she danced during her live cooking session on Instagram. She also has new clothes for the day.

Support for the chef has since grown since news of cooking hit social media on Friday, June 9. As of the time of writing this report, over 300 people were watching her live video on Instagram.

Re: "She Don Off Gas" Mixed Reaction Trails Chef Dammy As She Offs Gas To Pick Beans by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2023
Was she suppose to keep the gas on while picking beans, or was she suppose to cook the beans without picking?

99.9% of those talking have not been to the kitchen before cos I am trying to imagine what they complaining about.

3 Likes

Re: "She Don Off Gas" Mixed Reaction Trails Chef Dammy As She Offs Gas To Pick Beans by udofia234(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:
Was she suppose to keep the gas on while picking beans, or was she suppose to cook the beans without picking?

99.9% of those talking have not been to the kitchen before cos I am trying to imagine what they complaining about.

She's not to turn off the gas!
Re: "She Don Off Gas" Mixed Reaction Trails Chef Dammy As She Offs Gas To Pick Beans by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
udofia234:

That’s not energy efficient! I am sure it’s not in the rules.

How do they expect one to turn on a burner when you not making use of it? Where is that done in the entire world!

She should be applauded for her sense of conservation

1 Like

Re: "She Don Off Gas" Mixed Reaction Trails Chef Dammy As She Offs Gas To Pick Beans by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2023
udofia234:

She is not to turn off the gas even when she is not making use of it?

Does that even make sense? Even in a private kitchen, is that possible?

1 Like

Re: "She Don Off Gas" Mixed Reaction Trails Chef Dammy As She Offs Gas To Pick Beans by udofia234(m): 12:00am On Jun 11, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

She is not to turn off the gas even when she is not making use of it?

Does that even make sense? Even in a private kitchen, is that possible?

I really do not know if its part of the rules, but from my own view she's not suppose to turn off the gas, I mean it should be a continuous cooking and moreover she should have picked the beans before starting
Re: "She Don Off Gas" Mixed Reaction Trails Chef Dammy As She Offs Gas To Pick Beans by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 12:03am On Jun 11, 2023
udofia234:

I really do not know if its part of the rules, but from my own view she's not suppose to turn off the gas, I mean it should be a continuous cooking and moreover she should have picked the beans before starting

Continuous gas burn off! I am certain Guinness itself has safety measures that goes against such. You cannot cook with burner on!

You said she should pick the beans, was she also expected to chop the vegetables, onions, carrots, broccoli and lettuce before starting? If that’s way, meaning I myself can cook for a year.
Re: "She Don Off Gas" Mixed Reaction Trails Chef Dammy As She Offs Gas To Pick Beans by udofia234(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
SangoOlukosoOba:

Continuous gas burn off! I am certain Guinness itself has safety measures that goes against such. You cannot cook with burner on!

You said she should pick the beans, was she also expected to chop the vegetables, onions, carrots, broccoli and lettuce before starting? If that’s way, meaning I myself can cook for a year.

I guess u right

(1) (Reply)

The Independence Couples Night Out / Do You Wish To Customize Items For An Event / A Professional Printing Service Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.