Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement (1073 Views)

Shehu Sani Reveals What Will Happen To Emefiele When Buhari Leaves Office / Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi / Labour Party Reacts To Attack On ObiFlagBoy In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by kmaster007: 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2023
The leadership of the Labour Party (LP) has reacted to the suspension of the Central Bank Governor, Godwin Emeifele, by President Bola Tinubu.

According to the opposition party, Tinubu’s action is vindictive and unconstitutional.

This was disclosed by the acting National Publicity Secretary of the party, Obiora Ifoh.

He said the Labour Party is disturbed by the decision of Tinubu to suspend/sack Emefiele without seeking the permission of the National Assembly.

However, he noted that Tinubu has the right to ask the CBN governor to resign; in the same way, Nigerians have the right to ask him or anyone to resign.

He said the president should have done it according to the country’s law.

The LP Spokesman further said:

“Most Nigerians will not forget in a hurry the famous Naira redesign policy initiated by Emefiele primarily to check vote buying in the last general election.

“A noble policy which a particular candidate then, unfortunately, believed was targeted at him.

“To him, it was a mortal sin which cannot be forgiven and must be punished. Labour Party believes that Emefiele, a fall guy, is paying for his “sin”.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
grin To those who say Emefiele was only obeying orders by President Buhari, my question is why did he not resign if he wasn't willing to obey such an order?

Was he afraid of poverty or what really?

The truth is, for Emefiele to have picked up a Presidential form at #100,000,000, one hundred million speaks volumes.

To those who are trying to exonerate Emefiele while indicting Buhari should ask themselves why he didn't resign if he wasn't willingly to obey his boss.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by teadrake(m): 9:50pm On Jun 10, 2023
This labour party is indeed a party of enormous confusion. Releasing satanic statement up and down in support of the very people who are bent on destroying this country. What a useless party!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:00pm On Jun 10, 2023
teadrake:
This labour party is indeed a party of enormous confusion. Releasing satanic statement up and down in support of the very people who are bent on destroying this country. What a useless party!!!

It seems the writing was done by kmaster007 and not labor party.
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Jking20(m): 10:16pm On Jun 10, 2023
I shall never labour in Vain IJN, Amen!

4 Likes

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by haffaze777(m): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2023
Useless party

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by kmaster007: 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2023
Ur eyez don clear now
Zxcvbnmghtr:

It seems the writing was done by kmaster007 and not labor party.

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2023
Labour in vein party of the Sad-East political neophytes.
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by REDshouse(m): 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2023
Set awon Nuclear Reactor

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by timilehin007(m): 4:33am On Jun 11, 2023
Like I don’t get, on one hand you people supported the motive but now you are against it. Like seriously I don’t expect any party, body or tribe to ever question or stand against Emefiele’s suspension/arrest with what will all went through from his stupid and visionless naira policy.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Nobody: 5:20am On Jun 11, 2023
timilehin007:
Like I don’t get, on one hand you people supported the motive but now you are against it. Like seriously I don’t expect any party, body or tribe to ever question or stand against Emefiele’s suspension/arrest with what will all went through from his stupid and visionless naira policy.

Lol. Bro go and see the latest Nollywood Blockbuster. Premiering at the cinemas now. "IPOB in pain" part 63
(63 years since independence).

You will understand all what we are seeing today better after watching the film. Proceed to watch part 1 to 62 also.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by timilehin007(m): 5:33am On Jun 11, 2023
Dsalvo:

Lol. Bro go and see the latest Nollywood Blockbuster. Premiering at the cinemas now. "IPOB in pain" part 63
(63 years since independence).

You will understand all what we are seeing today better after watching the film. Proceed to watch part 1 to 62 also.
to be honest, I’m too occupied to go to any cinema now or even later. I wish I can download and watch it.
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 11, 2023
timilehin007:
to be honest, I’m too occupied to go to any cinema now or even later. I wish I can download and watch it.
grin will send you the link. Full of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Lead actors are some Hollywood veterans like Nnamdi "the terrorist" Kanu, Peter "Yes Daddy" Obi, Chinedu aka "Gbadebo" Rhodes Vivour, P-Square twins aka "our time don pass", James "Genocidaire" Nwafor , Eze of Ajao Estate aka "Eze of kirikiri", Chinasa "the Arsonist" Michael and many more.

Honourable mentions to featured gangs of IPOBland like Ohanaeze, UGM, ESN, Simon Ekpa "Auto Pilot", Awkuzu SARS and many others.

Sound track "as e dey pain dem, e dey sweet us" by Afrobeat artist Jagaban "Badoo" featuring Bayo "sherubawon" Onanuga.
cool cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by nisai: 6:25am On Jun 11, 2023
Dsalvo:

Lead actors are some Hollywood veterans like Nnamdi "the terrorist" Kanu, Peter "Yes Daddy" Obi, Chinedu aka "Gbadebo" Rhodes Vivour, P-Square twins aka "our time don pass", James "Genocidaire" Nwafor and many more.

Honourable mentioned to featured gangs of IPOBland like Ohanaeze, UGM, ESN, Simon Ekpa "Auto Pilot", Awkuzu SARS and many others.
cool

grin 😂😂Una no go kill me for this forum.

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Belafonte(m): 6:28am On Jun 11, 2023
Person wey dem suspend wey done reach Cotonou na hin una want make National Assembly dey deliberately for hin matter so dat he go get enough time japa go abelize abi grin. Make una dey play
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by ba7man(m): 6:32am On Jun 11, 2023
teadrake:
It's the Igbos/Obidients that hijacked the party speaking.
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 11, 2023
nisai:
grin 😂😂Una no go kill me for this forum.

Make I send you full download link of part 1 to 63? Na blockbuster. Makes Game of Throne seem like Papa Ajasco sef.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by nisai: 6:55am On Jun 11, 2023
Dsalvo:

Make I send you full download link of part 1 to 63? Na blockbuster. Makes Game of Game seem like Papa Ajasco sef.

Lmao.
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by timilehin007(m): 7:11am On Jun 11, 2023
Dsalvo:

Lead actors are some Hollywood veterans like Nnamdi "the terrorist" Kanu, Peter "Yes Daddy" Obi, Chinedu aka "Gbadebo" Rhodes Vivour, P-Square twins aka "our time don pass", James "Genocidaire" Nwafor , Eze of Ajao Estate aka "Eze of kirikiri", Chinasa "the Arsonist" Michael and many more.

Honourable mentions to featured gangs of IPOBland like Ohanaeze, UGM, ESN, Simon Ekpa "Auto Pilot", Awkuzu SARS and many others.

Sound track "as e dey pain dem, e dey sweet us" by Afrobeat artist Jagaban "Badoo" featuring Bayo "sherubawon" Onanuga.
cool cool

😂😂😂😂😂 now I understand the sarcasm. The way I’m seeing this drama, it may turn out to be seasonal film 😜😜😜😕😕😕

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Ofunaofu: 7:21am On Jun 11, 2023
teadrake:

What is satanic about the saying that the president did not follow the law

They are not saying Emefiele shouldn't be sacked rather it be done according to the law
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:38am On Jun 11, 2023
kmaster007:
Ur eyez don clear now

A proof that Labor party is Igbo party. grin
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by kmaster007: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2023
Wahala! Wahala... All of Una just put head for one basket. Is dat why you guys call Nigeria zoo
Zxcvbnmghtr:

A proof that Labor party is Igbo party. grin
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by Parachoko: 7:47am On Jun 11, 2023
Ofunaofu:

What is satanic about the saying that the president did not follow the law

They are not saying Emefiele shouldn't be sacked rather it be done according to the law

The President have the power to suspend the CBN Governor

https://www.thecable.ng/rewind-in-2014-court-ruled-that-president-can-suspend-but-cant-sack-a-cbn-governor/amp
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by tooth4tooth: 10:07am On Jun 11, 2023
Dsalvo:

cool cool

Omo ! See creativity
Re: Labour Party Reacts To Emefiele’s Suspension, Issues Strong Statement by jahsharon: 10:18am On Jun 11, 2023
When are the trooping to the streets to protest?

The Yoruba gods of Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Aiyelala, and Esu Odara wants to drink blood, and the Nigerian Army is ready to give the gods blood to think. What is remaining is the willing donators.

It was over three million freely donated blood in 1967, it’s been long, the gods are thirsty again

(1) (Reply)

Labour Party Reps Member Donates 10 Transformers,cars, Others To Kaduna / IMF: Nigeria’s Economic Growth To Slow / Dead Nigerian Musician Mohbad Possible Causes Of His Death And Lesson To Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.