Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,218 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi (48545 Views)

Rivers: Court Sacks 3 LP House Of Reps Candidates. Labour Party Reacts / Labour Party Reacts To Attack On ObiFlagBoy In Lagos / Imo By-Election: Drama As 2 APC Candidates Emerge, Party Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by floret23(f): 7:40am On Feb 24, 2023
The Labour Party (LP) Presidential Campaign Council has said it will not give money to anyone in exchange for support ahead of Saturday’s presidential and National Assembly elections.
Naija News reported that the LP State Chairmen in all the 36 states of the federation have predicted doom for the party’s flagbearer, Peter Obi, ahead of Saturday’s polls.

Speaking at a media briefing on Thursday, Gombe LP chairman, Sani Abdulsalam, said Obi can not win at polls on Saturday because he has sidelined all state chairmen and refused to mobilise for campaign activities.

Abdusalam also claimed that Obi has no respect for the executives of the party and has neglected them to work with his cronies.

He was said to be in the company of the national vice chairman (North East), Mohammed Alkali and the Yobe State chairman, Ibrahim Bukar, amongst others.

Abdusalam said Obi’s act of neglect has tendencies to affect the party’s performance at the polls on Saturday, noting that he choose to work with cronies and support groups, saying he doesn’t trust the state chairmen to deliver.

But in a chat with TheCable, spokesperson of the LP campaign council, Yunusa Tanko, said the party’s focus is on people voting with their conscience rather than those expecting funds for support.

Tanko said the state chairmen cannot stop Obi’s imminent victory, adding that there is no issue of sidelining as alleged

He said: “Nobody is boycotting any election because the election is already on. And nobody is sidelining anybody.

“People are expecting conventional way of politics which is not feasible in our own place. And then the issue of probably mobilisation money for elections, which is what people are used to, and they’re not seeing it.

Now, there’s no money anywhere on ground. It’s about your conscience and if you believe in a movement. That’s all. Nobody should expect any money from somewhere.

“That’s where the problem is but as far as we are concerned, nothing is stopping us. We are continuing our movement and voting will commence in the next 24 hours. There’s no problem.”
https://www./2023/02/24/lp-reacts-as-state-chairmen-predicts-doom-for-peter-obi/amp/

351 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by onez: 7:42am On Feb 24, 2023
Thank you Obi. We must sanitize this country. Imagine Atiku's aide caught with more than a million dollar in Rivers state.

730 Likes 61 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by blabulu2000: 7:42am On Feb 24, 2023
BOOM 💥

When i see some Yorubas that hate Tinubu i just Laugh they forgot that he brought YORUBA back into the game of politics when we have already lost our space in in this democratic era after Obasanjo sold us out without looking back!!!

The PDP (2011-2015) didn't have a single yoruba person in the top 8 political positions of Nigeria

1. GEJ- President
2. Sambo- VP
3. David Mark- SP
4. Ekweremadu- DSP
5. Tambuwal- Speaker
6. Ihedioha- Dep. Speaker
7. Katsina-Ala - CJN
8.Anyim Pius -SGF

Tinubu brought us back into the game and now we are back in the top 8 , and we currently have OSINBAJO & GBAJABIAMILA in top 4, 2023 is also our chance to rule this great country but some of us are lost

294 Likes 71 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by floret23(f): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2023
People are expecting conventional way of politics which is not feasible in our own place. And then the issue of probably mobilisation money for elections, which is what people are used to, and they’re not seeing it.

Still, corrupt polithiefcians are yet to understand that Obi no dey give shishi. They think it's business as usual.

475 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Urheadmaster(m): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2023
Obedient will proof anyone doubting the success of Peter Obi as the incoming president of federal republic of Nigeria wrong tongue

396 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Felabrity: 7:45am On Feb 24, 2023
Thunder fire them

They have done their worst, no shishi for them still

Hope APC paid them well? Nothing for them again after Saturday

334 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by floret23(f): 7:45am On Feb 24, 2023
blabulu2000:
BOOM 💥

When i see some Yorubas that hate Tinubu i just Laugh they forgot that he brought YORUBA back into the game of politics when we have already lost our space in in this democratic era after Obasanjo sold us out without looking back!!!

The PDP (2011-2015) didn't have a single yoruba person in the top 8 political positions of Nigeria

1. GEJ- President
2. Sambo- VP
3. David Mark- SP
4. Ekweremadu- DSP
5. Tambuwal- Speaker
6. Ihedioha- Dep. Speaker
7. Katsina-Ala - CJN
8.Anyim Pius -SGF

Tinubu brought us back into the game and now we are back in the top 8 , and we currently have OSINBAJO & GBAJABIAMILA in top 4, 2023 is also our chance to rule this great country but some of us are lost
Well, we yoruba Christians will never vote Tinubu on Muslim-Muslim ticket because we are not fools. When MURIC terrorists told Yoruba Muslims not to vote Yoruba Christians, they all agree. Since no yoruba muslim in Nigeria will ever vote Christian-Christian ticket, why should we christians now vote Mu-Mu ticket?

For your information, Christians are not minorities, slaves, or second class citizens in Nigeria. Mu-Mu ticket is a big insult to we Yoruba Christians and we shall punish Tinubu for that before Satan will also punish him. Woe unto any Christian who vote for Islamisation of Nigeria.

"We cannot appoint Pablo Escobar as president and Osama bin Laden as vice president," -- Senator Dino Melaye

494 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Racoon(m): 7:46am On Feb 24, 2023
All these propaganda would not stop the march to liberate this nation except if God says it is not gonna be so.

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Curious345: 7:48am On Feb 24, 2023
Obi shouldn't bother himself with these dregs and touts ..are they in anyway different from the touts under Oshodi bridge ?

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Curious345: 7:48am On Feb 24, 2023
Nigeria is a rotten society , epitomised by those who support a drug lord (Ahmed Escobar ) and an ex convict (dapo Abiodun and femi gbajagbiamila).

So we should expect fools and idiots to shake a foot 👣.

But they dead already .

Obi wins

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Luckylife(m): 7:48am On Feb 24, 2023
U
Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by unclejb2(m): 7:48am On Feb 24, 2023
Obi is the next president. He is the popular choice of the masses. If you go against him, you are going against God.

No vote buying
No voters suppression
No voter intimidation.

Free and fair victory for Nigerians through Peter Obi. .

We changing the narrative of money politics. We no dey give shishi.

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by verybadmouth(m): 7:48am On Feb 24, 2023
75% of Obi's keyboard warriors will not vote tomorrow.

44 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Dialpad: 7:48am On Feb 24, 2023
Obi will not win this election he knows it too.... he is preparing for 8 years from now .

Although he ignorant followers are so delusional to assume that Peter obi will win APC and PDP

Social media is not real life .....

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Hendrixky: 7:48am On Feb 24, 2023
party’s focus is on people voting with their conscience rather than those expecting funds for support

Inec is going to declare Edo state results before 2pm and obi is wining

Who wanna bet should quote me

Nigerians please this is the time to do the right thing

If you can't give out your sister, your daughter or rather you as a woman can't marry someone in tinubu's condition memory failure, dementia, mentally and physically not fit but still you want to bring tinubu Upon Nigeria may you and your children know no peace

You ate Asiwaju bread.

He helped you earlier in life. Go and thank him personally You can't repay him with the future of 220m Nigerians. Go and thank him personally
Asiwaju is now suffering dementia and not fit to preside over a country.

For all those quoting me
Know this im from Edo state..

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 24, 2023
If na me be Peter Obi I no send any party chairman, the fact is the labour party traditional party structure is inexistent in Obi's campaign.

Labour party is A-z Peter Obi and the support groups, those in labour party before Obi are to be ignored.

Atiku is here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Aldol: 7:48am On Feb 24, 2023
grin
Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Conner44: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2023
Everybody with a functional brain in their skull already knows that Peter Obi of Labor Party has already won this election. The ones that are unable to bring themselves to face reality are the usual band of looters and crumb pickers grin

Have you ever put a pinch of salt on an earthworm before? You see the way it dances before splitting into different parts and melting? that’s exactly how all these agbadorian and mikanos monikers are currently behaving as they will all fizzle out and deactivate within the next 24 hrs

Then we can all breathe fresh air again on this great forum kiss Let’s be patient for just one more day my fellow obidients

Thinkam:
If na me be Peter Obi I no send any party chairman, the fact is the labour party traditional party structure is inexistent in Obi's campaign.

Labour party is A-z Peter Obi and the support groups, those in labour party before Obi are to be ignored.

Atiku is here

Oga, abeggi remind us again . . . When did you say that Peter Obi will drop out of the political race? Was it on the 23rd? Or were my eyes playing tricks on me yesterday because of the celebration beer I was drinking while reading your post tongue

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by pol23: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2023
I’m supporting Atiku, but no one can take Obi’s credibility away from him.
People says He’s love by the Igbo people, come to south west and see how even Yoruba love him, even on my WhatsApp status, Family and friends routing for him.
I guess those party chairmen don’t know this candidate will be Pandora’s box.
The chairmen are satisfied being the local champion, now they have Obi who has brought light to their party and no one’s even recognizing them…. It can pain…
I hope Atiku wins tomorrow’s Election..
Whoever wins I hope the other party member kiss their wound and move on….
Politicians please don’t tear our country apart.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Nsonaso(m): 7:49am On Feb 24, 2023
But I thought they said Obi give money for his campaign to rent crowd.
Ayam not understanding again.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by id4sho(m): 7:49am On Feb 24, 2023
tongue
Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Oyi77: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2023
Because money creased their hands

10 Likes

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Cutehector(m): 7:49am On Feb 24, 2023
Lmao... If nigerians dont vote obi, its doom for Nigerians and not obi.. The man is rich and can leave the country to face his cashflows if he does not win.

Who will suffer for the next 8yrs if a good president does not enter office?

Still same nigerians..

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Helpfromabove1(m): 7:49am On Feb 24, 2023
We no Dey give shi shi

Versus

Vote buying with dollars

20 Likes

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Partnerbiz(f): 7:49am On Feb 24, 2023
Those guys don take bribe finish.

I need recommendation of a laptop seller in Lagos please.

UK/USA used laptops.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by GWMI(m): 7:49am On Feb 24, 2023
Even in the united states funds are raised to help run an election by the party.
Obi thinks say he is wise.So if you win now and you are enjoying presidential luxury will this chairmen be in the sit with you?
Stingy people don't make good leaders Generous people are always good leaders.
Obi is just a stingy man looking for who to labour in vain for him

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by SeeItSayIt: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2023
Obi upward & forward ever!

So they don't understand Obi no dey give shishi before they accepted him or be his party chairmen?

Well, whatever their prediction can't stand against God.

Their evil counsel shall not stand neither shall it come to pass.

18 Likes

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by 2blessed01(m): 7:50am On Feb 24, 2023
"we no dey give shishi"
know this and know peace👌
God bless the incoming PRESIDENT
Mr Peter Obi GCFRN🙏🇳🇬

12 Likes

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Passionate888: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2023
grin
Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by Authoreety: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2023
Peter Obi is a tsunami and hurricane at the same time...

If you no comot, you will be crushed...

On this ROCK will I build Nigeria,

Says the Lord of hosts!

18 Likes

Re: Labour Party Reacts As State Chairmen Predict Doom For Peter Obi by KingKO22: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2023
K

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan / 14 Edo Lawmakers, 18 LG Chairmen, 196 Councillors Defect To PDP / Tinubu Favored As Wike, 4 Other Govs  Pull Out Of PDP Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.