Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

"How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" (4705 Views)

If You Agree That Jesus Is He Who Is To Come, Then You Know Jesus Is God Almight / 26 Powerful Reasons Why Scholars Know Jesus Existed / Did You Know Jesus Escaped Crucifixion And Raised A Family In Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by ColdzOutside: 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2023
Alliswell248:

He is alive Sir.
Not dead.
Send me his address and phone number I wanna speak with him.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Alliswell248: 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2023
ColdzOutside:

Send me his address and phone number I wanna speak with him.

John 3:16

Matthew 11.28
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by ColdzOutside: 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2023
Alliswell248:

John 3:16

Matthew 11.28
Hello! I was a Christian before I dumpped religion. It's all lies and imaginations. Nobody wan die but they wan go heaven. Heaven is sweet and all pastors refused to die, why? Jesus was crucified and died on the cross. No one has ever died and come back to life. No one has ever tell what's happening in that place you called heaven, why? Free yourself man! Don't hurt others, don't cheat them, go to work, come home to your wife and kids, do some bottles if you like, just enjoy life. That's what matters.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2023
2016easy2017:
Research him from the holy Qur'an and NOT the bibble
What does the world holy mean to Muslims? undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Alliswell248: 6:17pm On Jul 23, 2023
ColdzOutside:

Hello! I was a Christian before I dumpped religion. It's all lies and imaginations. Nobody wan die but they wan go heaven. Heaven is sweet and all pastors refused to die, why? Jesus was crucified and died on the cross. No one has ever died and come back to life. No one has ever tell what's happening in that place you called heaven, why? Free yourself man! Don't hurt others, don't cheat them, go to work, come home to your wife and kids, do some bottles if you like, just enjoy life. That's what matters.

I understand you. You felt bad because of some experiences.
Can we talk?
I might not have been to heaven, but have been to hell fire before. I know it's real.

Let's talk.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Do tell us what you came away with when you read it? That Adam knew the name of Mohammed even in the garden of Eden? Or that Mohammed is some eternal being who will judge humanity?, undecided
Seems you’ve read the book.😏 but you are probably wrong about the latter. Even in the book, a whole chapter is dedicated to some prophets who judged e.g David and Uriah saga.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
Seems you’ve read the book.😏 but you are probably wrong about the latter. Even in the book, a whole chapter is dedicated to some prophets who judged e.g David and Uriah saga.
None of those you mentioned judged humanity nor even their own people in the same capacity that the book you mentioned claimed Mohammed would. You claim you read the book but were unable to spot many of the fallacious blocks brought about by the many claims made of Mohammed in it? undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
None of those you mentioned judged humanity nor even their own people in the same capacity that the book you mentioned claimed Mohammed would. You claim you read the book but were unable to spot many of the fallacious blocks brought about by the many claims made of Mohammed in it? undecided
Maybe you read something else. Let’s see what you even read, mention some of the claims?
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
Maybe you read something else. Let’s see what you even read, mention some of the claims?
You claim I may have read something else, right? Let's start with the claim that the name Mohammed was revealed to Adam. undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You claim I may have read something else, right? Let's start with the claim that the name Mohammed was revealed to Adam. undecided
Ok go on. What transpired that led to this revelation?
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
Ok go on. What transpired that led to this revelation?
Nothing! That is the problem and the claim does not back to any of that declared in Genesis or by of the prophets. It was basically an out of nowhere claim, among many found in that book about Mohammed. It can be said that whoever modified that book was completely oblivious to the fact that Jesus Christ was in fact meant as fulfillment of the Old Law and the Prophets. undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Nothing! That is the problem and the claim does not back to any of that declared in Genesis or by of the prophets. It was basically an out of nowhere claim, among many found in that book about Mohammed. It can be said that whoever modified that book was completely oblivious to the fact that Jesus Christ was in fact meant as fulfillment of the Old Law and the Prophets. undecided
What transpired was that after expulsion of Adam from paradise, God(in his infinite mercy) promised Adam redemption through who you have mentioned. Maybe you’ve not read the book after all. But let’s go on with the investigation. Kindly mention another thing or claim you read in the book?
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
■ What transpired was that after expulsion of Adam from paradise, God(in his infinite mercy) promised Adam redemption through who you have mentioned.
■ Maybe you’ve not read the book after all. But let’s go on with the investigation. Kindly mention another thing or claim you read in the book?
I am afraid that all makes no sense given that God's Law, in Scripture, is absolute and so is His judgment. So, this promise of redemption which you claim was offered to Adam came out of nowhere. Either that or God is nothing but a liar and a con, and there is nothing absolute about Him. By the way, when I say God, I mean the God described in Scripture, and not the Allah of the Quran since these are basically two different deities. undecided

Adam was judged and condemned by God and God's judgment was final for Adam. He perished in the grave just as it is written in the book of Genesis and reiterated by the Prophets. undecided

2. I already told you to create a separate thread where we can go over the fallacious claims in the book in question. So I am not sure what is holding you back from doing that. undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 7:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid that all makes no sense given that God's Law, in Scripture, is absolute and so is His judgment. So, this promise of redemption which you claim was offered to Adam came out of nowhere. Either that or God is nothing but a liar and a con, and there is nothing absolute about Him. By the way, when I say God, I mean the God described in Scripture, and not the Allah of the Quran since these are basically two different deities. undecided

Adam was judged and condemned by God and God's judgment was final for Adam. He perished in the grave just as it is written in the book of Genesis and reiterated by the Prophets. undecided

2. I already told you to create a separate thread where we can go over the fallacious claims in the book in question. So I am not sure what is holding you back from doing that. undecided
I’ll create the thread but not today. I think I’m ready for this. A lot places in the modern day bible are mentioned in that book like Capernaum, Galilee, mount Olives. Adonai Sabaoth was said in what circumstance and why?
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
I’ll create the thread but not today. I think I’m ready for this. A lot places in the modern day bible are mentioned in that book like Capernaum, Galilee, mount Olives. Adonai Sabaoth was said in what circumstance and why?
What has the mention of places to do with anything? Even the name of the town where I was born has probably been changed by now but does that change anything about me and my truth? Let's please keep meaningless jargon out of the discussion please. undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What has the mention of places to do with anything? undecided
As a proof of the events that transpired and where. Do you know that predestination overthroweth not free will? Then I made mention of Adonai Sabaoth? It was a miraculous circumstance. There’s no miracle mentioned in the Bible that isn’t in the GOB. Are you are aware of God’s judgement on Jerusalem? ‘Oh city perverse and hard hearted’. There are even a lot of things I couldn’t even grasp myself because of the technicality of Shakespearean English in which the book was written and concentrated nature of the book. I could go on and on.

1 Like

Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
■ As a proof of the events that transpired and where.
■ Do you know that predestination overthroweth not free will?
■ Then I made mention of Adonai Sabaoth? It was a miraculous circumstance.
■ There’s no miracle mentioned in the Bible that isn’t in the GOB.
■ Are you are aware of God’s judgement on Jerusalem? ‘Oh city perverse and hard hearted’. There are even a lot of things I couldn’t even grasp myself because of the technicality of Shakespearean English in which the book was written and concentrated nature of the book. I could go on and on.
1. Places aren't proof of events. They can offer possibility but not proof.

2. Predestination? What in the world is that? And free will? The choice that God has offered man since the time of Adam has been a choice between obedience and disobedience of His teachings and commandments — God's Law — and that's it. So, that argument may exist in the minds of people but it doesn't amount to much where God is concerned. undecided

3. I have no idea what you are going on about. undecided

4. That does not mean anything at all since Jesus Christ performed many many more miracles than are mentioned in the Bible. So having only the miracles written in the bible compiled into one book means nothing like the GOB means nothing.

5. God's final judgment against the Nation of Israel (and Judah) was in fulfillment of His Old Law of Moses, the ushering in of the age of the New Law, Jesus Christ, and this took place over 1900 years ago. The prophets announced this would happen, and some even gave details of what was to be expected. Even Jesus Christ included additional details in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 13. So, nothing new about that judgment since it actually began with the expulsion of the Nation of Israel over 500 years before the destruction of Jerusalem. undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Places aren't proof of events. They can offer possibility but not proof.

2. Predestination? What in the world is that? And free will? The choice that God has offered man since the time of Adam has been a choice between obedience and disobedience of His teachings and commandments — God's Law — and that's it. So, that argument may exist in the minds of people but it doesn't amount to much where God is concerned. undecided

3. I have no idea what you are going on about. undecided

4. That does not mean anything at all since Jesus Christ performed many many more miracles than are mentioned in the Bible. So having only the miracles written in the bible compiled into one book means nothing like the GOB means nothing.

5. God's final judgment against the Nation of Israel (and Judah) was in fulfillment of His Old Law of Moses, the ushering in of the age of the New Law, Jesus Christ, and this took place over 1900 years ago. The prophets announced this would happen, and some even gave details of what was to be expected. Even Jesus Christ included additional details in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 13. So, nothing new about that judgment since it actually began with the expulsion of the Nation of Israel over 500 years before the destruction of Jerusalem. undecided
In statistics, once possibilities can be established, that’s all you need. A lot can be deduced through careful examination of evidences. GOB might mean nothing to you because you are in your feelings about it. Being in your feelings is evidenced by using undecided over and over. Then on predestination, finally something you know nothing about. But you can do your homework on it.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
■In statistics, once possibilities can be established, that’s all you need. A lot can be deduced through careful examination of evidences.
■ GOB might mean nothing to you because you are in your feelings about it. Being in your feelings is evidenced by using undecided over and over.
■ Then on predestination, finally something you know nothing about. But you can do your homework on it.
1. Examination of evidence but of mere assumptions. No! undecided

2. Nothing I have said so far about the entries in GOB is of feelings. GOB violates the Law and the Prophets in so many ways that it does not work as a valid Gospel as a result. You simply need to compare many of the claims— unbiased comparison mind you— made to that written what is the Old Testament to come to this realization yourself. undecided

3. Again, Predestination, much like what you lot call Free will, is not of Scripture but of the minds and delusions of men. undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Examination of evidence but of mere assumptions. No! undecided

2. Nothing I have said so far about the entries in GOB is of feelings. GOB violates the Law and the Prophets in so many ways that it does not work as a valid Gospel as a result. You simply need to compare many of the claims— unbiased comparison mind you— made to that written what is the Old Testament to come to this realization yourself. undecidedOkay.

3. Again, Predestination, much like what you lot call Free will, is not of Scripture but of the minds and delusions of men. undecided
It doesn’t violate the Law. Infact, the Law is explicitly stated there like ‘thou shall not make any image of that which is in the heaven or earth or in the water.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by incantations(m): 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2023
*#𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄*

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

I declare that I take charge of my life and make it what I want it to be in line with God’s will for me. I give life, beauty and order to my world through the energy of my words. I live in righteousness, victory, health, success and prosperity. I will never find myself walking in lack because the Lord is my Shepherd. Daily, I walk in the light of my prosperity, for I am the seed of Abraham; I have access to untold wealth.

Lack and want are not a part of my life because I am plugged to God’s unending supply. The grace and ability of God are at work in me, I function with such an outstanding proficiency that everyone around me is inspired for excellence; and I am divinely powered to teach many how to live and do things right through my words, actions, character, love, faith, and integrity.

I belong in God’s superior class of divine beings; therefore, I look beyond the natural realm of existence to my heavenly rights, blessings, and provisions in Christ Jesus! I recognize today and take hold of my divine right to live in health, prosperity, victory, success, dominion, and excellence! Blessed be God!
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
■ It doesn’t violate the Law. Infact, the Law is explicitly stated there like ‘thou shall not make any image of that which is in the heaven or earth or in the water.
The Law and the Prophets refers to all the written contained in what is typically referred to as the Old Testament. undecided

As for the Law of Moses, well, the GOB's claim that redemption would be offered to Adam, of all people, through a man called Mohammed, is a direct violation of that very commandment that you quote. Seems you don't even realize this, do you? undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Law and the Prophets refers to all the written contained in what is typically referred to as the Old Testament. undecided

As for the Law of Moses, well, the GOB's claim that redemption would be offered to Adam, of all people, through a man called Mohammed, is a direct violation of that very commandment that you quote. Seems you don't even realize this, do you? undecided
See digression. No correlation between the Law and promise of redemption. The Law came after and the reason is that idolatry is the greatest sin which deprives man of his creator and infinite love and mercy.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
See digression. No correlation between the Law and promise of redemption.
■ The Law came after and the reason is that idolatry is the greatest sin which deprives man of his creator and infinite love and mercy.
1. It seems you have absolutely no inkling whatsoever what the Law is meant for, do you? The Law is a path to redemption for man. The Old Law of Moses was a path to redemption same as Jesus Christ is the New Path to redemption for those who failed with the Old— the Lost sheep of Israel. This is what is written in the Old Law and the Prophets which you are clearly unaware of. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2. Are you kidding me? You aren't making any sense whatsoever. undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2023
incantations:
*#𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄*
KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD
I declare that I take charge of my life and make it what I want it to be in line with God’s will for me. I give life, beauty and order to my world through the energy of my words. I live in righteousness, victory, health, success and prosperity. I will never find myself walking in lack because the Lord is my Shepherd. Daily, I walk in the light of my prosperity, for I am the seed of Abraham; I have access to untold wealth.
Lack and want are not a part of my life because I am plugged to God’s unending supply. The grace and ability of God are at work in me, I function with such an outstanding proficiency that everyone around me is inspired for excellence; and I am divinely powered to teach many how to live and do things right through my words, actions, character, love, faith, and integrity.
I belong in God’s superior class of divine beings; therefore, I look beyond the natural realm of existence to my heavenly rights, blessings, and provisions in Christ Jesus! I recognize today and take hold of my divine right to live in health, prosperity, victory, success, dominion, and excellence! Blessed be God!
All these incantations will not change anything or cause God to lower Himself to your level. If you refuse to commit your life to live in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, you will never experience God more than the unbelievers and atheists do. undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Mosco100(m): 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2023
2 TIMOTHY 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The Lord Jesus Christ says in
JOHN 5: 39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 8:53pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. It seems you have absolutely no inkling whatsoever what the Law is meant for, do you? The Law is a path to redemption for man. The Old Law of Moses was a path to redemption same as Jesus Christ is the New Path to redemption for those who failed with the Old— the Lost sheep of Israel. This is what is written in the Old Law and the Prophets which you are clearly unaware of. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2. Are you kidding me? You aren't making any sense whatsoever. undecided
Okay. See, it’s obvious we’re on different paths. But let me explain something, man was created perfect. Man don’t need any redemption. Man only lost paradise albeit temporarily due to disobedience. But in order to confound the devil, God promised Adam. So after that he gave the Law. You know the devil made many boast due to his arrogance and subsequent ignorance. So one only need to obey his commandments whether old or new. He therefore sent different prophets to deliver them with the devil trying to corrupt them and prove his pointless point.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2023
razzydoo:
Okay. See, it’s obvious we’re on different paths. But let me explain something, man was created perfect. Man don’t need any redemption. Man only lost paradise albeit temporarily due to disobedience. But in order to confound the devil, God promised Adam. So after that he gave the Law. You know the devil made many boast due to his arrogance and subsequent ignorance. So one only need to obey his commandments whether old or new. He therefore sent different prophets to deliver them with the devil trying to corrupt them and prove his pointless point.
1. Those tales you have there have nothing to do with Scripture. See, this is why I made an effort to inform you earlier that the God of Scripture is a completely different deity from the Allah of the Quran. Both have little to nothing in common. undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by razzydoo(m): 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Those tales you have there have nothing to do with Scripture. See, this is why I made an effort to inform you earlier that the God of Scripture is a completely different deity from the Allah of the Quran. undecided
Freedom of speech. But do you know much of spirituality is based on intellectualism? So that you can logically arrive at a reasonable conclusion unless you choose to do otherwise.
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by Kobojunkie: 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2023
Mosco100:
■ 2 TIMOTHY 3: 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
■ The Lord Jesus Christ says in
JOHN 5: 39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
1. All scripture is given does not mean all Scripture is True. Also, if you learn something without putting it to practice, you are no different from the one who learned nothing. undecided

2. Always give primary focus to context so you do not end up missing the contextual message intended by the writer. That verse was spoken against the Pharisees who studied scripture but never put to direct use that which they supposedly learned. undecided
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by incantations(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
*#RealityCheck*

Irrespective of the darkness and evil in the world in these last days, you’re to shine ever so brightly. So, what’s happening is, while there’s darkness in the world, we’re not waiting for the light of God to shine; rather, we shine, for He’s made us His light in a dark world. How do you shine? It’s by acting out God’s Word; living out the Gospel; doing the works of God. Matthew 5:16, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
Re: "How Do I Get To Know Jesus?" by incantations(m): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2023
*'Dívíɳҽ 卄ealtɧ Cσnfҽssiσɳs'*

July 23rd, 2023

I rejoice that I am in Christ and the Holy Spirit lives in me! I am supernaturally positioned to do wonders in my world. I am fully yielded to the Holy Spirit; thus, I am aligned with God’s plan for my health and my life. Blessed be God!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CAC Sunday School Pamphlet To Become One Year Volume From January 2024 / Does Jinn Really Exist? / Restoration And Forgiveness By zac Poonen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.