Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' (1579 Views)

(VIDEO) UFC Champion, Israel Adesanya condemns APC Of MASSIVE Corruption / Bola Tinubu Sends Congratulatory Message To Israel Adesanya / If Tinubu, Obi, Atiku are voted based on these questions, who will win? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by November1857(m): 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2023
Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'Who Made God'

'If God made the World, then Who Made God' - UFC Champion Israel Adesanya explains 'Who Made God'

Nigerian and New Zealand professional mixed martial artist Israel Mobolaji Adesanya has given his perspective on religion and God.

The Last Stylebender, who is the reigning Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight title holder, has a unique perspective on God.

He appeared on the ImPaulsive podcast recently with presenters Mike Majlak and American social media personality, actor, and professional wrestler Logan Paul.

Israel Adesanya on Sunday School and God

Adesanya on the podcast was asked by Logan Paul about his spirituality, and his response was fascinating.

He went into a detailed description of his journey with religion over the years.

According to Adesanya, he began to question God as the sovereign creator of the world based on who created him.

Adesanya, who recently reclaimed the UFC middleweight title from Brazilian Alex Pereira, detailed that his questions about God started when he was about seven.

He explained that it started in Sunday school, where his curiosity about who created God came from.

Adesanya responded with a detailed breakdown, he said, "I'm spiritual. I love LA and Vegas.

“I love those places, but actually, if even in Vegas, I just have to live off the strip same way.

"I'm human at the end of the day I'm regular I'm just another dude but I do extraordinary.

"I grew up in a religious household, but when I was young Sunday school.

“I remember asking like my Sunday school teacher well if God made the world then who made God and no one had an answer for me.

"I asked my parents and then what I asked my housemates and one of my aunties remember.

“I kept on asking for like a whole week and she goes if you keep asking that question you go mad.

That was when I was like okay I don't think these adults really know what's happening I think because I was probably like seven eight.

Adesanya on God with Logan Paul

Adesanya also on the Impaulsive podcast with Logan Paul, detailed a comparison with NBA great Michael Jordan.

In addition to his view about God, he continued, "I remember thinking like no one has it like because it's a simple question.

“I was like all right God made the world in seven days he created let they be like boom Genesis you know whatever verse that is.

"Then I remember just like asking like well if God made the world who made God and then knowing how to answer for me.

"I now over the years I've gone through our Renaissance with religion in a sense where like I know how many people wrote the Bible.

"I know it's written by so many different men it was misconstrued, and then there's the new Kim Kings James version."

Adesanya is now expected to return to action later this year to face the winner of the eliminator between Dricus du Plessis and Robert Whittaker.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/other-sports/story/israel-adesanya-nigerias-ufc-champion-questions-who-made-god-2023061109094722925?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=pulse-nigeria-page-post

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
smart man!!!!

"god" that is supposedly ALMIGHTY but yet the devil is winning everyday against that powerless god....

3 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by N3TRAL: 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2023
The bible is fake and since Mohammed PBUH just copied parts of the old testament, the Koran is worse.

The Jewish God is not the same today, tomorrow and forever. Technology and advancement in science changes God.

In the bible He stopped the tower of Babel because humans were aiming high. Today there's the Burj khalifa and Elon Musk's rockets he can't stop.

Bible is just another superhero comic book and God is a mythical creation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Mrfeel: 3:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
The story of creation, Written in genesis , in the beginning God created these and that they are all fake stories imagined by Moses who was born and raised as an idol worshiper in the house of pharaoh

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by SalamRushdie: 3:29pm On Jun 11, 2023
When you look around and you find out that 100 percent of the problems you face is caused by another Human being, the concept of devil becomes obscure, since I have been born nothing on earth has been an obstacle to me except a fellow human being

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Madups(m): 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
The question of who made or created God is the dumbest question or rant by these people.

5 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Emyzoloye5(m): 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
N3TRAL:
The bible is fake and since Mohammed PBUH just copied parts of the old testament, the Koran is worse.

The Jewish God is not the same today, tomorrow and forever. Technology and advancement in science changes God.

In the bible He stopped the tower of Babel because humans were aiming high. Today there's the Burj khalifa and Elon Musk's rockets he can't stop.

Bible is just another superhero comic book and God is a mythical creation.

Only a fool conceives in his heart "that there is No God"
For a Pot can't tell the origin of the potter that moulded it. Same with God, you can't describe or understand how God came into existence, you can only tell the origin of the "god" you created not the God that created you!

God exists!!! I'm a living witness

8 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2023
Emyzoloye5:

For a Pot can't tell the origin of the potter that moulded it. Same with God, you can't describe or understand how God came into existence, you can only tell the origin of the "god" you created not the God that created you!

don't argue with a canal man

7 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
Nobody created the SHEKINA GLORY, woe betide a man who says there's no God

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Mrfeel: 4:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
Nobody created the SHEKINA GLORY, woe betide a man who says there's no God
How did he come to be who he is ?
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Calabar1stSon: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Madups:
The question of who made or created God is the dumbest question or rant by these people.
So, what would be the right question to ask?
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by delpee(f): 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
The spirit of God dwells in us....those who have experienced His presence understand this.

7 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Calabar1stSon: 4:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
Using Nigeria as a case study, you'd discover that the country has really defied that there's a god.

It has always been the bad things happening. Those who rule over us and the masses are very evil.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by beejaay: 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
Emyzoloye5:

and only a bigger fool says there is no other god that created his own god and on and on
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Lama70(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2023
SalamRushdie:
When you look around and you find out that 100 percent of the problems you face is caused by another Human being, the concept of devil becomes obscure, since I have been born nothing on earth has been an obstacle to me except a fellow human being

Sage...may you live a thousand years!!!

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Lama70(m): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2023
This particular question is scary even for our parents. I remember waking up in the middle of the night to ponder over this question too. I was in primary school and less than 10 years of age.

I went to wake my father in his room to ask him. He had no answer. He just stylishly rubbed me on my back and told me to go back to my sleep. I guess my little brain was in the over-drive that particular night. I don't think anyone can ever answer that. No matter how much of the Quran or Bible you may hsve read.

However, i don't want to say there's no God. I have experienced a lot to believe in His existence. I have equally decided to give myself some peace by not bothering over who created or gave birth to him again. It's getting me confused. Same as the actual religion that is of God. I am just okay like this abeg.
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by ba7man(m): 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by ba7man(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
"Creation" is a function of "Time".

God created the concept of "Time".

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Minime10(f): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2023
Wake me up when he got an answer to his question.
Foolishness at it peak😏

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by TheboyGhost(m): 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
ba7man:

Time is Nature...

Nature is God.

God is every living thing in the Universe.

God is Us and we are God.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by soojar(m): 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
Lama70:
This particular question is scary even for our parents. I remember waking up in the middle of the night to ponder over this question too. I was in primary school and less than 10 years of age.

I went to wake my father in his room to ask him. He had no answer. He just stylishly rubbed me on my back and told me to go back to my sleep. I guess my little brain was in the over-drive that particular night. I don't think anyone can ever answer that. No matter how much of the Quran or Bible you may hsve read.

However, i don't want to say there's no God. I have experienced a lot to believe in His existence. I have equally decided to give myself some peace by not bothering over who created or gave birth to him again. It's getting me confused. Same as the actual religion that is of God. I am just okay like this abeg.

I was like 8 years when same happened to me in the middle of the night

I remember crying after thinking and thinking about it. My mum didn't have answer for me but pacified me to sleep. I stopped asking since then till now. I hope none of my children would ask me such direct question.

I believe there is God and spirituality. His existence that is unexplainable is what makes him God. He stops being God (a spiritual being) the day we can explain with certainty his existence with our mortal knowledge.

We learn every day.

4 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Madups(m): 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
How would i know? Only those who do not believe can say. Anyway the question is so dumb.
Calabar1stSon:
So, what would be the right question to ask?

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Princessstee: 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
Can you even prove to a reasonable extent that you exist in the first place not to talk of one imaginary God.

We call overselves humans just because someone told us to call ourselves that, same as everything else.

We are just being deceived for saner clime
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Emyzoloye5(m): 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
fuckingAyaya:
don't argue with a canal man

Not arguing, I spoke to the demon in him

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by naijapips04: 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2023
ba7man:

Who? Not when.
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Calabar1stSon: 8:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
Madups:
How would i know? Only those who do not believe can say. Anyway the question is so dumb.
Then STFU.
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by hisexcellency34: 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2023
Adesanya is gay
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Lama70(m): 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
soojar:

I was like 8 years when same happened to me in the middle of the night

I remember crying after thinking and thinking about it. My mum didn't have answer for me but pacified me to sleep. I stopped asking since then till now. I hope none of my children would ask me such direct question.

I believe there is God and spirituality. His existence that is unexplainable is what makes him God. He stops being God (a spiritual being) the day we can explain with certainty his existence with our mortal knowledge.

We learn every day.

Great to know you had same experience as a kid. Can we connect and rub minds together on the subject?

If you don-t mind, i use my Whatsapp number as my signature. Cheers!
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by ba7man(m): 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2023
naijapips04:

Who? Not when.
The "Who"(God) created the "When".

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by akakurukukaku(m): 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2023
Emyzoloye5:

Another human being like you told you that you are a witness. You don't even know why you are a witness. It should be funny to you that it was the white man that enslaved your parents that taught you about God

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by akakurukukaku(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
ba7man:

Just surrender. You don't know created God. There is no shame there.
Re: Israel Adesanya: Nigeria's UFC Champion Questions 'who Made God' by Highlife217: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
God simply came to be, that simple.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The The Fastest And Most Convenient Way Of Transportation In Lagos (video) / Naira Crash: Why Is No One Blaming The CBN Governor Just Like Emefiele? / If I Were Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.