Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? (1857 Views)

Humphrey Anumudu, Imo Labour Party Governorship Aspirant, Found Dead / MKO Award : The Igbo's Thinks The President Should Have Hounoured Prof Nwosu Too / June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by franchasofficia: 10:30pm On Jun 11, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Bros, you are flogging a dead horse. These people have sealed ties with the Fulanis. There's no going back at this point. The Fulanis even love it as it offers avenue for divide and conquer.

Fine, your thread is about let posterity judge itself. But in reality, Yorubas have aligned with the Fulanis. Let it go.

What Igbos should do is learn cold lessons from this election and reduce having fixed assets in the South West. Restrict their daughters and sisters marrying Yoruba men. Be very professional with them. Stop doing "I love you too much". We seek so much validation from people who don't like us, and I wonder why.

I remember before Covid-19 telling David Hundeyin on twitter that there is nothing like a united Southern Nigeria. We are better off like Malaysia and Singapore rather than be one country. Our cultural values are different. Even the version of Christianity is different. Just trade with them, that's all. Even in the Malaysia/Singapore setup, Malays from Malaysia rarely marry Malays from Singapore. However, Chinese Malaysians marry Chinese Singaporeans. Let it go. Just trade and diversify your investments to other West African countries.
You made valid points.

I am writing all these for posterity sake, not that I expect a change.

Nigeria seems to be programmed not to succeed as a nation from all indications

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by astonished: 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2023
Are you on Twitter at all? I don't think so

Go to Twitter and see what your people are doing, like practically seeking for war engagement with the Yoruba race,

Are you wining me? even the last shot was this week, when Speaker of Lagos state mentioned how they will make a law to protect the indigene, and the Igbo people gone haywire, insult upon insult, ridicule, diminished of Yoruba people here and there by the Igbo fvck.

Lots of lies, propaganda even they do a Twitter conference meeting, I joined the conference and listen to nonsense that was discussing from the group.

Since Buhari leave power, and Tinubu cling to power, the blame game, insult and name calling of Fulani/Hausa has being transferred to Yoruba people.

franchasofficia:
How are Igbos not respecting Yorubas in Lagos; by voting for a party different from Bola Tinubu's party? Is that the only way to respect Yorubas in Lagos; by voting whomever Bola Tinubu presents? If that's the case why then are we practicing democracy instead of Monarchy system where one family rules and makes all the political decisions?

Tell me how else are Igbos disrespecting Yorubas in Lagos?

Have Igbos ever fought or challenged Yorubas whenever Yorubas block any road for parties or celebrations?

Have Igbos ever refused to pay for any land in Lagos and instead invaded the community at midnight to kill the indigenes and take over by force like some other tribe you cherish do?

Please can you be sincere enough to tell me how Igbos are disrespecting Yorubas in Lagos?

As for Lagos is a no man's land slang, it was started by former Governor of Lagos, a core Yoruba man, Lateef Jakande who used the words to win people to Lagos as he boasted that Lagos is a welcoming state that belongs to all, and henceforth some Igbos used it to praise Lagos' cosmopolitan nature that welcomes all irrespective of tribe or race and give opportunity to all irrespective of background. Has there ever been a time Igbos said Lagos is an Igbo land? Has an Igbo man ever became an Oba in Lagos state? All the Obas in Lagos are Yorubas, so how else is Lagos not a Yoruba land?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by franchasofficia: 10:43pm On Jun 11, 2023
astonished:
Are you on Twitter at all? I don't think so

Go to Twitter and see what your people are doing, like practically seeking for war engagement with the Yoruba race,

Are you wining me? even the last shot was this week, when Speaker of Lagos state mentioned how they will make a law to protect the indigene, and the Igbo people gone haywire, insult upon insult, ridicule, diminished of Yoruba people here and there by the Igbo fvck.

Lots of lies, propaganda even they do a Twitter conference meeting, I joined the conference and listen to nonsense that was discussing from the group.

Since Buhari leave power, and Tinubu cling to power, the blame game, insult and name calling of Fulani/Hausa has being transferred to Yoruba people.

I see all that, they are all a reaction of Lagos APC actions during the last election.

After Yorubas, Igbos are the next single tribe with the highest stake in Lagos real estate and business, so they have every reason to be scared of the recent Lagos Speaker comment. Igbos don't need to be told that its being targeted at them based on past antecedents of course. So you shouldn't be surprised to see such reactions from Igbos after the shameful display of madness by Lagos APC during the last guber election.

Before 2022, you cannot say something like this has happened before if you are honest

So they are reacting based on what happened during the last guber election in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by astonished: 6:47am On Jun 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
I see all that, they are all a reaction of Lagos APC actions during the last election.

After Yorubas, Igbos are the next single tribe with the highest stake in Lagos real estate and business, so they have every reason to be scared of the recent Lagos Speaker comment. Igbos don't need to be told that its being targeted at them based on past antecedents of course. So you shouldn't be surprised to see such reactions from Igbos after the shameful display of madness by Lagos APC during the last guber election.

Before 2022, you cannot say something like this has happened before if you are honest

So they are reacting based on what happened during the last guber election in Lagos

Their is nothing like APC (Lagos) you are having problem with Yoruba race and you direct all your grievance, insult to Yoruba race,

And the yorubas response accordingly, why did you think APC won governorship election in Lagos? because Yoruba see what's coming ahead and danger ahead if they allow GVR cling to power, and they all come out to defend their territory against the enemy who hated them so much,

So many Yorubas are not also happy with APC (Lagos) because of their way of governance, so only APC registered members voted for APC during the Presidential election, reason OBI won Lagos, but seeing the kind of person that represents LP for the governorship and danger ahead if such a person become governor, all Yorubas wake up to join hand with APC to defend themselves, including myself, even if you don't have PVC you can vote,

I can also put it to you that, it's all reaction of Igbo action before and during the last election.

You people are taking our kindness for granted,
Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by Great0ne1: 7:34am On Jun 12, 2023
Igwe9:

Mumu talk, nobody is chasing anybody away from Lagos and you know that, I guess you're just being silly.
Bro, am even pleading for them to do fast and enact the so called indigene law. I bet you, in less than 10 years, lagos will be a shadow of it self. Igbos contributed immensely to what lagos is today. If igbos are forced to leave lagos, they will go back and develop there region and may be build a sea port in onitsha. Believe me, the prices of landed properties in lekki will witness a sharp drop, if they proceed. Honestly, am praying they do proceed with that
Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by Great0ne1: 7:36am On Jun 12, 2023
gidgiddy:
Professor Humphrey Nwosu is still alive. Without him, there would not be any talk of June 12th today

He braved the odds to release the results of the election against the orders of the military

An unsung hero
We all revere and respect men like humphrey nwosu. We do not care if tribal bigots appreciate him
Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by Great0ne1: 7:39am On Jun 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
Despite the disagreements between some Igbos and Awolowo politically, before Chief Obafemi Awolowo died, Awolowo advised Yorubas to try and work with Igbos to liberate Nigeria but Yorubas that claim to love Awolowo refused to listen to Awolowo but prefer to listen to an Awolowo wannabe Bola Tinubu who is teaching them how to hate and deal with Omo Igbos starting from Lagos.

Well said bro. Awolowo is the only leader that genuinely cared for the people of South West. Something we never had we nnamdi azikiwe.
Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by Igwe9(m): 7:41am On Jun 12, 2023
Great0ne1:

Bro, am even pleading for them to do fast and enact the so called indigene law. I bet you, in less than 10 years, lagos will be a shadow of it self. Igbos contributed immensely to what lagos is today. If igbos are forced to leave lagos, they will go back and develop there region and may be build a sea port in onitsha. Believe me, the prices of landed properties in lekki will witness a sharp drop, if they proceed. Honestly, am praying they do proceed with that
no mind them, they won't do it, they only come with that shenanigan during election, nobody talks about non indigenes when collecting taxes and levy. Sometimes, I prefer military rule, atleast we won't be wasting our resources conducting sham election, and only those that passed through NDA get to become governors and presidents.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by bigdammyj: 7:44am On Jun 12, 2023
How is your Prof. an hero for the Yorubas to eulogize?
Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by Great0ne1: 7:47am On Jun 12, 2023
Omoawoke:

Bros, nobody is hating igbos, nobody taught anybody to hate anybody.
You people passed your boundary in Lagos and started calling us no man’s land and you saying all sorts of trash because many Yorubas voted Peter obi.
What we did was change am for you and defend our heritage. We did nothing wrong to you other than defending our land. Go and rest Biko, election is over and you should move on or perish.
Any if you people like again, come next 4 years and be dragging Lagos again with Yorubas, una go collect wotowoto, we no send una papa
Change what for who ? If you actually believe you dealt with the igbos in lagos election. You should be able to shows us the spoils of your victory. Show us your reward for dealing with your imaginary enemy(igbos). You simply voted a man, under his watch your brothers, were killed for protesting for good governance and end to sars brutality. You will still pay high for dollar. You will still pay high for fuel.
Then lastly, the lagos apc that used you to remain in power, does not give a Bleep about you. So you simply played the fool Ok.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by Neckpresser101: 8:37am On Jun 12, 2023
Great0ne1:

Change what for who ? If you actually believe you dealt with the igbos in lagos election. You should be able to shows us the spoils of your victory. Show us your reward for dealing with your imaginary enemy(igbos). You simply voted a man, under his watch your brothers, were killed for protesting for good governance and end to sars brutality. You will still pay high for dollar. You will still pay high for fuel.
Then lastly, the lagos apc that used you to remain in power, does not give a Bleep about you. So you simply played the fool Ok.

Igbos are hated not just from today even in the sla e trade era because of one thing

They hate intimidation
Yoruba man rather vote his oppressors and go hungry than challenge them

They are outspoken they don't care if it's Thier brothers dem go tell you as e be

People always say Nnamdi Kanu back lash Buhari and tinubu the backlashes he gave our governors and ohaneze you'll pity them

I'm praying hard they should pass that stupid law and wash Lagos crash

Philadelphia used to be one of the economic hub of USA in the early 1900s when they started stupid policies places like San Francisco, Austin, Las Vegas and Chicago overtook them

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by viyon02: 9:00am On Jun 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
How are Igbos not respecting Yorubas in Lagos; by voting for a party different from Bola Tinubu's party? Is that the only way to respect Yorubas in Lagos; by voting whomever Bola Tinubu presents? If that's the case why then are we practicing democracy instead of Monarchy system where one family rules and makes all the political decisions?

Have Igbos ever fought or challenged Yorubas whenever Yorubas block any road for parties or celebrations?

Have Igbos ever refused to pay for any land in Lagos and instead invaded the community at midnight to kill the indigenes and take over by force like some other tribe you cherish do?

Please can you be sincere enough to tell me how Igbos are disrespecting Yorubas in Lagos?

As for Lagos is a no man's land slang, it was started by former Governor of Lagos, a core Yoruba man, Lateef Jakande who used the words to win people to Lagos as he boasted that Lagos is a welcoming state that belongs to all, and henceforth some Igbos used it to praise Lagos' cosmopolitan nature that welcomes all irrespective of tribe or race and give opportunity to all irrespective of background. Has there ever been a time Igbos said Lagos is an Igbo land? Has an Igbo man ever became an Oba in Lagos state? All the Obas in Lagos are Yorubas, so how else is Lagos not a Yoruba land?
Hmmmmm, Oga, no one said you can't vote for candidate of your choice during election period, but you don't intimidat lagosians in their land when it come to politics, if you guys no your way you can be a great political tools in Lagos, but orientation of "Lagos is no man's land" kill your good characters and making you think you are a lagosian. My point is, humble yourself study the political structure, respect elders state men, may be you guys can be respected too.
Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by JOemmy(m): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2023
franchasofficia:

You are just wasting ur time arguing with people whose brains have long been damaged by tribalism.
Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by franchasofficia: 9:58am On Jun 12, 2023
JOemmy:

You are just wasting ur time arguing with people whose brains have long been damaged by tribalism.
I know, just putting this down for posterity

1 Like

Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by theredaddy: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2023
franchasofficia:
I said MKO Abiola won Anambra state which is a core Igbo state (mind you, Southeast had only 4 states as at that time).

Remember that a popular and cherished Igbo man, Sylvester Ugo was running as VP to Tofa who contested against MKO Abiola yet Anambra people voted for MKO Abiola leaving Tofa/Ugo.

In case you don't know who Sylvester Ugo is, he is the Central Bank of Biafra Governor from 1967 to 1970 and was a highly respected and cherished Igbo man and a close ally of Odimegwu Ojukwu.

For your info, Ugo is a relative wink

On what grounds did you come to the conclusion that slyvester Ugoh was a chersihed, or you just assumed being as popular as the governor of biafar bank means he must be cherished

Slyvester Ugoh is just like Emeifele of CBN, we can say Emeifele is popular but what do we make of "cherish"

with or without the cash policy & cash scarcity if Emeifele had contested as a governor or president can he win his local govt.
Be mindful of the words you throw around undecided no be only Gen z surf the net
Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by codemaniacs: 9:50am On Jun 13, 2023
franchasofficia:

Igbos have attacked the Yorubas politically, socially, economically e.t.c.

Yorubas and igbos fought each other during the civil war..

the civil war was Yoruba vs Igbo war.

in the 1960s , nzeogwu exhibited such hatred towards Yorubas.

"According to a Nigerian Police Special Branch Report, nzeogwu executed at least 4 army and police security personnel including one of the men on his team (Sergeant Daramola Oyegoke). nzeogwu also participated in the execution of Col. Raph Shodeinde, his superior officer at the Nigerian Military Training College and is reported to have shot indiscriminately at fleeing women and children.."..

the statement above shows pure hatred for Yorubas and a lot of igbos all have this similar behavior towards Yorubas.

The igbos also tried to attack the SW but we're stopped at Ore.

Before the civil war, Nnamdi Azikwe was also fighting the Yorubas politically because he wanted to be premier of the Yoruba region.

Azikwe tried to politically get Lagos and the SW region.
Ojukwu tried to use warfare to get Lagos..
Peter Obi and CRV tried politically to get Lagos.

Over 60 years and counting only Igbos have targeted and are still targeting Lagos and Yorubas.
Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by orisa37: 10:20am On Jun 13, 2023
YORUBAS DON'T GET TRIBALISTIC UNNECESSARILY.
Re: Why Don't Yorubas Celebrate Prof Nwosu Humphrey ? by orisa37: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2023
THERE'S A TIDE IN THE AFFAIRS OF MEN. SOMETIMES GIVES FORTUNE BUT AT OTHER TIMES LEADS INTO DISASTER. WHAT PROFESSOR HUMPHREY UWOSU DID TO GET BRUISED BY THE MILITARY, PROFESSOR MAHMOOD HAS JUST DONE WONDERFULLY. THE DIFFERENCE IS CLEAR.

FROM ORUNTO27 ORISAORUNTOSPEAKS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Seasterners In Tinubu Latest Appointment / Millions In Bribe Paid For Nigeria Bank Notes / ‘my Election Can’t Be Annulled Like My Father’s’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.