Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

I Just Visited Aba For The First Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Just Visited Aba For The First Time (5109 Views)

Orji Kalu Storms Aba For Tonimas' Requiem Mass (Photos) / Peter Obi Arrives In Aba For Campaign At Ariaria (Photos) / Fashola VisitsAriaria International Market Aba For Inspection - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by ArewaQuitessenc: 6:43am On Jun 12, 2023
I'm here for a friend's wedding for the next few days, I was able to move around the major streets and inner city areas and I must say Alex Otti seems to be doing quite a fantastic job with sanitizing Aba; lots of cleaner roads, clear signs of urban improvements seem to be going on like widening of major Federal roads, renovation of old buildings and demolishing of shanties etc...

I must admit Igbos love their tall buildings/bungalows or "Uno enu" as they like to call it here. Ariaria market seems cleaner and more organized as well. Almost every young person I've met in Ariaria market seems to be engaged in one form of trade or tech skill,nobody is idle...everybody is just on the movie.

Kudos to Alex Otti, I hope he continues the momentum cause Abia state looks very promising I won't lie.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by wahalawahala: 6:53am On Jun 12, 2023
Include pictures na.. this one u dey do be like watching movie on broken screen tv🙄

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Freezyhot(f): 7:00am On Jun 12, 2023
Ok. We believe you. Especially with what we have seen so far...🥱🥱🥱

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Madmohamed123: 7:00am On Jun 12, 2023
ArewaQuitessenc:
I'm here for a friend's wedding for the next few days, I was able to move around the major streets and inner city areas and I must say Alex Otti seems to be doing quite a fantastic job with sanitizing Aba; lots of cleaner roads, clear signs of urban improvements seem to be going on like widening of major Federal roads, renovation of old buildings and demolishing of shanties etc...

I must admit Igbos love their tall buildings/bungalows or "Uno enu" as they like to call it here. Ariaria market seems cleaner and more organized as well. Almost every young person I've met in Ariaria market seems to be engaged in one form of trade or tech skill,nobody is idle...everybody is just on the movie.

Kudos to Alex Otti, I hope he continues the momentum cause Abia state looks very promising I won't lie.
your welcome use that opportunity to visit mor south east state like Anambra imo they are not far from you so you can tell them that igbo land is not what they think of

31 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Princeton92(m): 7:02am On Jun 12, 2023
Pictures will more more than just your words sha
Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by obyrich(m): 7:10am On Jun 12, 2023
ArewaQuitessenc:

Otti has not built any road yet. All you see was done by the previous governor only he was poor at PR.

35 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by psucc(m): 7:11am On Jun 12, 2023
I am quite hopeful Gov Otti will bring Aba and Abia State to limelight.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Abagworo(m): 7:15am On Jun 12, 2023
Ikpeazu built Aba and improved it not Alex Otti who has been struggling with refuse disposal till date. He didn't expect the level of garbage generation and is yet to work out a solution. The road widening has been on for a while aimed at creating 8 lane superhighway from Port Harcourt to Osisioma.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by dokyOloye: 7:15am On Jun 12, 2023
ArewaQuitessenc:

It's not even about Alex Otti.
Ikpeazu did a lot of work in Aba but U know what usually sells news is bad news about Igbos

18 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by dokyOloye: 7:16am On Jun 12, 2023
obyrich:
Otti has not built any road yet. All you see was done by the previous governor only he was poor at PR.
Exactly

3 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by bigdammyj: 7:19am On Jun 12, 2023
Picture.
Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Parachoko: 7:20am On Jun 12, 2023
ArewaQuitessenc:

Asgard

https://www.nairaland.com/7585460/atiku-leading-following-states-far#121227421

Asiwaju defeated your first and second choice in the Election grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by MrAmbrose(m): 7:21am On Jun 12, 2023
Pictures please?
Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by ArewaQuitessenc: 7:28am On Jun 12, 2023
Sorry guys, I'll upload the pictures I took in a few.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by naijapips04: 7:35am On Jun 12, 2023
ArewaQuitessenc:

That was Okezie not Oti. Okezie tried just they quality of roads that is nothing to write home about.
Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:39am On Jun 12, 2023
Learning.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:47am On Jun 12, 2023
bigdammyj:
Picture.
You need to visit Aba then you will know that social media is deceitful

12 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by christejames(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2023
That's impressive

1 Like

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by jmoore(m): 7:59am On Jun 12, 2023
Abagworo:
Ikpeazu built Aba and improved it not Alex Otti who has been struggling with refuse disposal till date. He didn't expect the level of garbage generation and is yet to work out a solution. The road widening has been on for a while aimed at creating 8 lane superhighway from Port Harcourt to Osisioma.
Ikpeazu built Aba? Same way some folks lie that Tinubu built Lagos.

The refuse problem was already on before Otti was sworn in.

Aba-Portharcourt expressway is being handled by Federal government.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by DevilsEqual(m): 8:37am On Jun 12, 2023
I hope you're considering relocating there in the future
You cant tell me you find a better settlement than Kebbi, Zaria yet you prefer staying back in the North

Normal human survival instinct would always go for paradise over hell...Its Natural

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Goalnaldo(m): 8:40am On Jun 12, 2023
Since you claim its your first time visiting, the word "cleaner" or "more organised" shouldnt be used by you as they both suggest comparison ie you have been there before. I hope you dont feel offended though cause i have a goal of making humans better one person at a time.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by complexstuffs(m): 9:38am On Jun 12, 2023
Madmohamed123:
your welcome use that opportunity to visit mor south east state like Anambra imo they are not far from you so you can tell them that igbo land is not what they think of

Moving around IIGB0S is very dangerous.I wouldn't encourage anyone to be taking such risks

Their land is frot with all kinds of danger ranging from:
Cannibalism
Kidnapping
Unknown Gun Men
IPOB
OBIDIENTS
Armed robbery
Ritualist
etc

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 12, 2023
complexstuffs:

Moving around IIGB0S is very dangerous.I wouldn't encourage anyone to be taking such risks

Cannibalism
Kidnapping
Unknown Gun Men
IPOB
OBIDIENTS
Armed robbery
Ritualist
etc

angry

Are you a returnee from Sudan?

17 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by TheZooHasFalln: 9:55am On Jun 12, 2023
complexstuffs:

Cannibalism
Kidnapping
Unknown Gun Men
IPOB
OBIDIENTS
Armed robbery
Ritualist
etc
I'm, 💯% sure that even you could hear loud and clear the volume of your stupidity in that your tit-tat of a toddler.

19 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Ofunaofu: 10:01am On Jun 12, 2023
complexstuffs:

Cannibalism
Kidnapping
Unknown Gun Men
IPOB
OBIDIENTS
Armed robbery
Ritualist
etc

So says an individual who has never stepped out from his father's hut

His region is frot with all kinds of unimaginable dangers

Such as, skull mining, ritualist, Fulani herdmen ravaging the entire region while Tinubu is busy asking where are the cows, arm robbery, known gunmen, Yoruba nation agitators burning down police stations and invading radio stations, street touts, Miscreants and agberos clashing every now and then resulting to destruction of lives and properties, etc

15 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by complexstuffs(m): 10:05am On Jun 12, 2023
Ofunaofu:

So says an individual who has never stepped out from his father's hut

His region is frot with all kinds of unimaginable dangers

Such as, skull mining, ritualist, Fulani herdmen ravaging the entire region while Tinubu is busy asking where are the cows, arm robbery, known gunmen, Yoruba nation agitators burning down police stations and invading radio stations, street touts, Miscreants and agberos clashing every now and then resulting to destruction of lives and properties, etc

Keep defending the evil in your land.

Do you even know how many NYSC members were killed and eaten in SE annually?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by complexstuffs(m): 10:11am On Jun 12, 2023
CondenseMilk:

angry

Are you a returnee from Sudan?

What's wrong in being a Sudan returnee
Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by complexstuffs(m): 10:11am On Jun 12, 2023
TheZooHasFalln:
I'm, 💯% sure that even you could hear loud and clear the volume of your stupidity in that your tit-tat of a toddler.

The truth hurts abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by fx45(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2023
complexstuffs:

We will be grateful if you can give us the details and breakdown of the number of NYSC members that has been killed and eaten in Igboland. Failure to do so, I will be asking Seun to wield the big stick.

We can't have characters like you let loose to constitute nuisance on social media

10 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by Ofunaofu: 10:32am On Jun 12, 2023
complexstuffs:

While you keep on promoting the evils in your land

Human skulls are being mined on a daily over there making human heads an endangered specie in your region

9 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by homosapien(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2023
ArewaQuitessenc:

Someone that took office less than a month ago, and you are attributing what you saw in Aba to him. Make una dey objective small naa.

Yes ikeapzu might be called a failure, he still tried in his own little way in changing the face of Aba. What ever you see in Aba isIkeapzu doing not otti.

5 Likes

Re: I Just Visited Aba For The First Time by McStoic(m): 11:04am On Jun 12, 2023
ArewaQuitessenc:

Bros, I am a full fledged LP supporter but Otti has not done anything yet. All you see are from the past administrations. The new governor is yet to start his own.

We South Easterners have high standards that's why you will hear us criticizing our governors to make them sit up. I know you are surprised by what you saw, which made you think it's the new governor. But then, what you read online about us and what the realities are is always different...

You haven't seen anything yet. Come over to Owerri and Enugu et al

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Did Not Bomb Abuja -- M E N D. / Youths Ask IBB, Abdulsalam, Atiku, Others To Apologise / See A Ghanaians Surgeon's Epic Reaction After He Was Denied A Spanish Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.