Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni (308 Views)

FX Crisis: Tinubu Begs Nigerians To Buy Local Goods, Approves N75bn 4 Manufactur / Subsidy Removal: You’ve Endured, Persevere A Little More, Tinubu Tells Nigerians / VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni by Racoon(m): 10:00am On Jun 12, 2023
President Bola Tinubu has admitted that the recent removal of fuel subsidy has imposed hardship on the general public.

Tinubu said in his maiden Democracy Day address to Nigerians on Monday that though he feels the pain on the masses, there is a need for them to sacrifice more for the betterment of the entire nation.

According to the president, the temporal discomfort occasioned by the subsidy removal was necessary to save the country from going under.

He said, “I feel your pain. This is one decision we must bear to save our country from going under and take our resources away from the stranglehold of a few unpatriotic elements.

“I admit that the decision will impose an extra burden on the masses of our people. Painfully, I have asked you, my compatriots, to sacrifice a little more for the survival of our country”.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2023/06/12/fuel-subsidy-removal-i-feel-your-pain-sacrifice-a-little-more-tinubu-begs-nigerians/%3famp=1

Subsidy removal: Tinubu reveals what his administration will do to end pains
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has revealed what his administration will do to end the pains suffered by Nigerians over fuel subsidy removal. Tinubu disclosed this on Monday during his live broadcast to Nigerians commemorating Democracy Day.

Recall that Tinubu’s government removed fuel subsidies recently, leading to the increment of fuel pump price from N197 per litre to over N500 per litre.

However, Tinubu begged Nigerians to endure the momentary pain noting that his government would provide respite. According to him, the government will invest massively in transportation infrastructure, education, regular power, healthcare, and other public utilities to alleviate the pains of fuel subsidy removal.

“Painfully, I have asked you, my compatriots, to sacrifice a little more for the survival of our country. For your trust and belief in us, I assure you that your sacrifice shall not be in vain.

The government I lead will repay you through massive investment in transportation infrastructure, education, regular power supply, healthcare and other public utilities that will improve the quality of lives”, he stated.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2023/06/12/subsidy-removal-tinubu-reveals-what-his-administration-will-do-to-end-pains/%3famp=1 nlfpmod

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 12, 2023
Apc will continue to gaslight Nigerians because of their naive supporters...Nigerians good for you.

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni by Racoon(m): 10:03am On Jun 12, 2023
However, Tinubu begged Nigerians to endure the momentary pain noting that his government would provide respite.....
In 2012, this blood hypocrite and his gang of wicked
Occupy Nigeria protesters were having jamboree and carnivals in Ojota and Abuja protesting against same fuel subsidy.

They even demonised the then government calling it a fraud. They perpetuated the same fuel subsidy fraud then now wants to reverse to status cuo after defrauding the country and mortgaging it into debts while the refineries they promised to built or revamp via TAM remain another monumental fraud.

He wants to sell NNPC assets but they demonised Jonathan for trying to do same. Today, he is telling beleaguered Nigerians to bear with an economic reality they could have avoided many years ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni by Racoon(m): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2023
Rayban25:
Apc will continue to gaslight Nigerians because of their naive supporters...Nigerians good for you.
I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni by Racoon(m): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2023
Hehehe
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 10:06am On Jun 12, 2023
🇳🇬Nigeria shall be 💪great again. God bless Nigeria, God bless PBAT, God bless Me.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni by Jostoman: 10:13am On Jun 12, 2023
We should bear the pains because their own family are enjoying free money, if you must remove subsidy why not first do something that will caution the effect on the poor mases before removing it.

Why is it that our pains dey always give you people joy?
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni by Redoil: 10:22am On Jun 12, 2023
Tinubu paid so many southwest musicians to occupy ojota in 2012 so what has change ?

nothing

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal: I Feel Your Pain, Sacrifice A Little More – Tinubu Begs Ni by Racoon(m): 3:06am On Jun 14, 2023

(1) (Reply)

The 10th Senate Leadership Election: How Senators Voted / Boko Haram Founders Told Me Poverty, Unemployment Caused Insurgency – Obasanjo / Obaro Of Kabba Receives Members Of Coalition Of Kogites For Ododo In His Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.