Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes (25035 Views)

Tinubu Speaks On Request For Presidential Yacht Worth N5 Billion / Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report / Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by 9jahotblog: 10:22am On Jun 12, 2023
IG Usman probes how Dapo Abiodun loaded N5 billion on bank-linked vouchers to buy votes in Ogun governorship election

The Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba, has directed police commissioner Olanrewaju Oladimeji in Ogun to investigate Governor Dapo Abiodun over allegations that he loaded N5 billion on bank-linked vouchers to buy votes in the March 18 gubernatorial poll.

The directive followed a petition to the police chief by Ladi Adebutu, the Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship candidate in Ogun, alleging that Mr Abiodun and the APC bought votes and perpetrated electoral violence and intimidation of voters.

Mr Adebutu, who spoke through his lawyer Ehi Uwaifoh, also accused Mr Abiodun of using N5 billion to induce voters with pre-loaded top-up gift cards loaded with N10,000 and N5,000 each.

He said the N5 billion used by Mr Abiodun in printing the cards and their cost violated the financing threshold of N1 billion mandated by section 88 of the Electoral Act, 2022.

In a letter dated May 8, signed by Idris Abubakar, the principal staff officer to the IGP, Mr Baba ordered the Ogun police command to investigate the Ogun governor’s alleged multibillion-naira vote-buying.

“Attached herewith is a copy of (a) letter dated 2nd May 2023 received from Ehi Uwaifoh & Co, on the above-underlined subject. The inspector-general of police directs that you deal with the complaint and report findings,” stated the letter. “Accept the assurances of the inspector general of police’s warm regards.”

Mr Abiodun did not respond to calls and messages placed to his known phone number on Sunday.

The governor has yet to appoint a spokesperson since taking office for a second term.

In the petition, Mr Adebutu, who is contesting the victory of the incumbent governor at the governorship election petitions tribunal, listed 16 people suspected to have worked with Mr Abuodun and the APC chairman in Ogun to send heavily armed thugs to attack some PDP supporters and voters.

Peoples Gazette reported how thugs suspected to be loyal to the APC invaded and disrupted the tribunal hearing challenging Mr Abiodun’s victory.

Mr Adebutu had accused the IGP of refusing to investigate his petition on suspected vote-buying and other electoral violence against the Ogun governor, while the command charged him at the Ogun State High Court for allegedly purchasing votes in the election.

In the lawsuit in which Mr Adebutu is charged alongside nine other people, the police claimed the governor was at large.

https://gazettengr.com/ig-usman-probes-how-dapo-abiodun-loaded-n5-billion-on-bank-linked-vouchers-to-buy-votes-in-ogun-governorship-election/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by 9jahotblog: 10:22am On Jun 12, 2023
IGP should investigate this allegation very well. Dapo Abiodun and his gangs of looters must be interrogated. More pictures below

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Assignmentw007(m): 10:23am On Jun 12, 2023
They will not fine well from the source just from the appearance

1 Like

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Martinsmine(m): 10:27am On Jun 12, 2023
This guys are alwayss thinking smart always. Well we still have more vote buying like this in ph

3 Likes

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by slawomir: 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Their yansh don dey open

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by yesloaded: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Barims(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
I hate politicians angry angry

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Racoon(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
When is the same IGP and EFCC gonna arrest Gandollar to face similar probe for his dollar bribe stuffing criminality?

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Goodman2023: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
Mr Adebutu or whatever they call you, don't behave like the stupid southerners who are quick to condemn their brothers and sisters...the abokis don't do that...good or bad, they support their own, accuse an aboki of any wrong doing or try to arrest them, the next thing MURIC will issue threat, Elrufai will issue threat ,etc

Worst still, Mr Adebutu is fighting his brother by using an aboki...
Mr Adebutu wake up your ideas before it is too late

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by loosecanon50(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
How can somebody use N5Billion naira to buy votes and you expect that person to work for the betterment of the masses?

The way they mention money in this country, you go think say na chin-chin.

56 Likes 10 Shares

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by LibertyRep: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ok
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by ZaddyJ: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
grin says
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Peejayz: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
The "ethnic cleansing" group won't see this... They will only find news that suit their propaganda. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by SleekyP(m): 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
No wonder sango ota is not motorable grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Patriotsleague: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2023
90% of governors are thieves, they are the main problem of Nigeria.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Yemmysworld91: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2023
I'm from ogun state.. And from my observation during the election, both pdp and apc bought votes. The evidence is there for the world to see from both ends.

But for inec to declare adamawa inconclusive and go on to declare Dapo Abiodun as the winner in ogun state is the joke of the century.

The people don't like the governor and he knows it. He had zero impact in four years. Bad rubbish

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by wittywriter: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2023
Pools in ticks...
The new Sheriff in town got there by same way so no biggie.

Wittyness
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Firecolos: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2023
I'm actively buying LinkedIn accounts.

WhatsApp zero 7 zero 36 19 61 eight four
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by jamalnation(m): 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2023
dey play
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by xesehe: 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
After d noise we all know nothing else will happen
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by ZaddyJ: 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Patriotsleague:
Head of parastatal too. They re d ones teaching governors to steal
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by ecolime(m): 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Patriotsleague:
Wish the legislature could remove their immunity while in office. We focus so much on the President but these Governors are our main problem.

So much allocation & IGR with nothing tangible to show for it.

This is why I am in favour of Local government financial autonomy. Chairmen and councillors sef go chop money but it's much easier for us to hold them accountable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Tayorshd87: 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
So what should we do as.a.reader now
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by FreeStuffsNG: 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Vote buying galore in Ogun state during last Governorship election
Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by UrPapa: 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Tinubu and his ethnic cleansing scheme
They are arresting Dapo because he’s yellow like igbos
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by DrBasit(m): 2:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
The administration of Dapo Abiodun will be probed by the next Governor, Sen. Solomon Olamilekan Adeola.
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by lonecatt(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
more exposures
i hope he gets prosecuted
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Sabadon(m): 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
Five bili whatttt
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Oscarchims: 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hmmmm CC for vote buying
Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Technology14: 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ok. Check my profile for affordable solar generators to power your t v , fan and bulbs

1 Like

Re: IGP Probes Dapo Abiodun Loaded N5 Billion On Bank-linked Vouchers To Buy Votes by Meerahbel: 2:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
wink
What are problems that could be lucrative to solve in Nigeria?
I believe it is important to have a mindset that looks to add value to people, help people, contribute to the society. When we add value, the money would come. There are many problems in Nigeria that need urgent attention and creative solutions. The importance of technology in problem-solving is essential.

The internet is a medium that connects people, the successful tech companies (Google, Facebook etc) at their core connect people - they connect people to other people, they connect people to the things they love, to things they need.

Concepts that would help me find a problem to solve is asking questions like "How can I connect people to things they need? ", "How do I make life easier for people (myself inclusive), more convenient, much more enjoyable? ".

In answering these questions, look around you, the problems are right there, staring at you, waiting to be solved. They are problems you face yourself, if it affects you, you can be sure it affects some other people.

Some problems include:
1. Poor service at restaurants get overlooked all the time
Solution: Create a website/app that helps people review service at restaurants in an area.

2. High rate of unemployment
Solution: Teach people valuable skills e.g. Graphic Design, Photography, etc to help them become self-employed.

3. Inconsistent Power supply
Solution: Design an affordable solar power system for households.The electricity bill has been passed, this is a great opportunity.

4. Traffic-jamin Lagos/Subsidy removal in Nigeria
Solution: Car-pooling; charpell has started this - [i]https://www.nairaland.com/7655248/diary-jobless-developer-creating-startup
create a website/app that connects drivers and passengers.[/i]

5. Here's another WhatsApp group doing great things for Nigeria Unemployed population

Job Openings | Upload your CV on Google Drive so that you can always have it handy. https://chat(.)whatsapp(.)com/JU42UFVjLvwDezKKcpLdmJ

When you do decide on a problem to solve, please focus on that problem, persevere and you will be successful. I wish you all the best, and I believe you can indeed make life better for us all while making a healthy profit.[/font]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NEMA Launches Nigeria's Air Ambulance, First Of Its Kind In Abuja / Nigerians Will Soon Get The Change They Voted For - Lai Mohammed / Mega-City: Lagos Ranked Alongside NewYork & Beijing (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.