Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly (1448 Views)

Adeoye Emerges Speaker Of Ekiti 7th Assembly / Olakunle Oluomo Emerges Speaker Of Ogun State Assembly / Tasi’u Zango Emerges Speaker Of Katsina State House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by IzunnaOkafor(m): 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
By Izunna Okafor, Awka

The Member representing Ogbaru two constituency in the Anambra State House of Assembly, Hon. Somtochukwu Udeze has emerge the new Speaker of the State House of Assembly.

Rt. Honourable Udeze emerged the Speaker on Monday, after he was unanimously elected by 30 members of the 8th Assembly at the State House of Assembly Complex in Awka, Anambra State capital.

His emergence came after he was nominated by the member representing his Ekwusigo Constituency, Hon. Ikenna Ofodeme, and seconded by his Awka North counterpart, Hon. Chimezie Ikwunne.

At the same event which attracted Anambra State Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, and other personalities; the member representing the Awka South II Constituency, Hon. Chukwuma Okoye emerged the Deputy Speaker of the House, following a voice vote by the lawmakers.

The duo were sworn-in by the Acting Clerk of the House, Esther Aneto, who also decorated the Speaker to succeed the outgone Speaker, Uchenna Okafor.

The new speaker, Hon. Udeze is a third-term member of the State House of Assembly, having been among the few members who won their re-election to the House in 2023.

Rt. Hon. Udeze became lawmaker as a member of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA). He later decamped to the People's Democratic Party (PDP), under which he won his re-election to the House in 2019.

This 2023, Udeze also won his third election as a PDP candidate; but has just recently defected back APGA, just few days to the inauguration of the House —a political calculation that eventually yielded the expected result for him and made it possible for Anambra North Senatorial Zone to retain the Speakership position.

Recall that Anambra State Governor and the Deputy Governor are from the Anambra South Senatorial Zone and Anambra Central Senatorial Zone respectively.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by Okwyjesus(m): 12:48pm On Jun 12, 2023
Politicians
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by sapele914(m): 12:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
Okwyjesus:
Politicians
Useless Peter Gringory Obi, Apga Judas, Selfish Malu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by Luckylife(m): 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
sapele914:
Useless Peter Gringory Obi, Apga Judas, Selfish Malu.
You are gradually killing your miserable self quickly with this shameless self impose baseless hatred and bigotry against the most worthy, drug free , competent, corrupt free presidential candidate since independent. Every seconds your sorrowful full of self-imposed hatred soul is diminishing geometrical. Peter Obi present in Nigeria politics will always torment you every seconds till you repent and ask your trouble soul to play politics like human not like castrated pig i🐖 in soaked away pit.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by garfield1: 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
Wow,I remember sir engr ikenna ofodeme owelle oraifite, dunu ezechukwukwadolu.worked with him during my sojourn in anambra.he is one of the key men of sir chief emeka offor.he later became caretaker chairman of ekwusigo in 2017 and now assembly member taking over from hon onyebuchi offor,younger brother to sir E..despite the size of ozubulu,oraifite dominates that lga.i love how oraifite transited from apga to pdp to apga.cc penguin2,Fergie001,udopasa
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by fergie001: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
garfield1:
Wow,I remember sir engr ikenna ofodeme owelle oraifite, dunu ezechukwukwadolu.worked with him during my sojourn in anambra.he is one of the key men of sir chief emeka offor.he later became caretaker chairman of ekwusigo in 2017 and now assembly member taking over from hon onyebuchi offor,younger brother to sir E..despite the size of ozubulu,oraifite dominates that lga.cc penguin2, udopasa
That's good, one of the importance of NYSC.
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by garfield1: 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
fergie001:

That's good, one of the importance of NYSC.

I miss anambra.dem get men,I mean men.my state dey learn.anambra has rich men than any other state

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by fergie001: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
garfield1:

I miss anambra.dem get men,I mean men.my state dey learn.anambra has rich men than any other state
The Emperor, the Conqueror, the lion is here.... na dem

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by garfield1: 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
fergie001:

The Emperor, the Conqueror, the lion is here.... na dem

Obi agwuocha will get a 2nd term
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by fergie001: 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
garfield1:

Obi agwuocha will get a 2nd term
I hope so because he is from my clan, the rule there is 1-term for everyone, Onuigbo changed that.

If himself & Nwokocha can do their jobs as they should, there will be no P for both.

Ikechukwu Obioma (1999-2003) + Umuopara (Umuahia S LGA)
Emeka Atuma (2003-2007) + Ntalakwu Oboro (Ikwuano LGA)
Stanley Ohajuruka (2007-2011) + Afara Ibeku (Umuahia N LGA)
Oluchi Ibeji (2011-2015) + Ubakala (Umuahia S LGA)

Samuel Onuigbo (2015-2023) - Ibeere (Ikwuano LGA): This arrangement was formulated by T A Orji because Umuahia can't hold Senate & HoR.
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by garfield1: 2:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
fergie001:
I hope so because he is from my clan, the rule there is 1-term for everyone, Onuigbo changed that.

If himself & Nwokocha can do their jobs as they should, there will be no P for both.

Ikechukwu Obioma (1999-2003) + Umuopara (Umuahia S LGA)
Emeka Atuma (2003-2007) + Ntalakwu Oboro (Ikwuano LGA)
Stanley Ohajuruka (2007-2011) + Afara Ibeku (Umuahia N LGA)
Oluchi Ibeji (2011-2015) + Ubakala (Umuahia S LGA)

Samuel Onuigbo (2015-2023) - Ibeere (Ikwuano LGA): This arrangement was formulated by T A Orji because Umuahia can't hold Senate & HoR.

I guess agwuocha is ibeku,umuahia north.
One term is too short,two tenures is ok.you misled me to believe that umudike is in isuikwuato instead of ikwuano
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by Freshtruth(m): 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
Grace is better than Hard work

Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by Fortruth: 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
See his eyes.... at least dem betta pass Tinubus LOL

Rubber stamp assemblies that for decades have done nothing in any "state"
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by lonecatt(m): 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2023
political abracadabra
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by fergie001: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
garfield1:
I guess agwuocha is ibeku,umuahia north.
Aguocha is Ohuhu, I was in his place in Afugiri the day he was declared.

Umuahia as a whole is divided in 5 clans - 2 (Ohuhu & Ibeku) falls in N, 3 (Olokoro, Umuopara & Ubakala) in Um S.

In 2019, Ohuhu argued that it should come to us since the former ABHA Speaker, Ohajuruka took Um N slot in 2007. An agreement was struck that Ohuhu will get it in 2023. Instead, Ikuku from Ibeku insisted on it... Defeated Aguocha in the PDP Primary before he left for LP and Ohuhu took it personal.

One term is too short,two tenures is ok.you misled me to believe that umudike is in isuikwuato instead of ikwuano
How can I tell you that?
Ikwuano was where I learnt politics. I know that place more than any other LGA in Abia. Infact, I toured the whole wards with TA and the following week, his son in 24 hrs, we started by 10am and concluded by 5am. I can't mislead you on that ooo. There is no politician I have not gone to for one favour or the other in that LGA... I even vote there. grin
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by garfield1: 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
fergie001:
Aguocha is Ohuhu, I was in his place in Afugiri the day he was declared.

Umuahia as a whole is divided in 5 clans - 2 (Ohuhu & Ibeku) falls in N, 3 (Olokoro, Umuopara & Ubakala) in Um S.

In 2019, Ohuhu argued that it should come to us since the former ABHA Speaker, Ohajuruka took Um N slot in 2007. An agreement was struck that Ohuhu will get it in 2023. Instead, Ikuku from Ibeku insisted on it... Defeated Aguocha in the PDP Primary before he left for LP and Ohuhu took it personal.

How can I tell you that?
Ikwuano was where I learnt politics. I know that place more than any other LGA in Abia. Infact, I toured the whole wards with TA and the following week, his son in 24 hrs, we started by 10am and concluded by 5am. I can't mislead you on that ooo. There is no politician I have not gone to for one favour or the other in that LGA... I even vote there. grin

Ikwuano is very urbanized after the first Vila from aks,up till umuahia is urbanization.i thought umuahia and ikwuano are one clan just like ngwa and ukwa are different clans
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by fergie001: 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
garfield1:
Ikwuano is very urbanized after the first Vila from aks,up till umuahia is urbanization.i thought umuahia and ikwuano are one clan just like ngwa and ukwa are different clans
Ikwuano urbanised?
Hmmm... Well it's my 2nd home.

We have 4 Federal Institutions there.... Most of them were cited there by M I Okpara back in the days, his wife is from Ntalakwu.
Again, they have very good agricultural land there.

Umuahia and Ikwuano used to be Ikwuano/Umuahia LGA when Abia State wasn't created.

Ikwuano, on their own have 4 clans, I think.

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by garfield1: 2:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
fergie001:
Ikwuano urbanised?
Hmmm... Well it's my 2nd home.

We have 4 Federal Institutions there.... Most of them were cited there by M I Okpara back in the days, his wife is from Ntalakwu.
Again, they have very good agricultural land there.

Umuahia and Ikwuano used to be Ikwuano/Umuahia LGA when Abia State wasn't created.

Ikwuano, on their own have 4 clans, I think.

Ikwuano should be in abia north,they should be paired with bende
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by fergie001: 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
garfield1:
Ikwuano should be in abia north,they should be paired with bende
Nah. We love them, they are with us. cool
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by garfield1: 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
fergie001:
Nah. We love them, they are with us. cool

No,let them go so that the sharing will be easier and go round faster...
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by fergie001: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
garfield1:

No,let them go so that the sharing will be easier and go round faster...
Nope, we are together, we share a lot in common.
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by Confirmedzombie: 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2023
Labour Party could not produce the speaker even when Peter obi is from the state. Peter Obi is a disgrace to humanity.

Shame on Peter obi who has no value in his state but wants to rule Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by Svoboda(m): 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Labour Party could not produce the speaker even when Peter obi is from the state. Peter Obi is a disgrace to humanity.

Shame on Peter obi who has no value in his state but wants to rule Nigeria

Lp doesnt have the nos. It has about 7 or 8 members in a 30 member house. Peter has street credibility, but apga is just too strong.
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by garfield1: 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
fergie001:
Nope, we are together, we share a lot in common.

I dey abj with my hon member,preparing against tomorrow.the Enugu pH road is good.fashola should return and continue the good works
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by Udopasa: 9:19am On Jun 14, 2023
garfield1:
Wow,I remember sir engr ikenna ofodeme owelle oraifite, dunu ezechukwukwadolu.worked with him during my sojourn in anambra.he is one of the key men of sir chief emeka offor.he later became caretaker chairman of ekwusigo in 2017 and now assembly member taking over from hon onyebuchi offor,younger brother to sir E..despite the size of ozubulu,oraifite dominates that lga.i love how oraifite transited from apga to pdp to apga.cc penguin2,Fergie001,udopasa
yea. But, Soludo is PDPinizing APGA.
Re: Breaking! Ex-pdp Lawmaker Emerges Speaker Of Anambra State House Of Assembly by garfield1: 9:27am On Jun 14, 2023
Udopasa:
yea. But, Soludo is PDPinizing APGA.

How

(1) (Reply)

Osun State Governor, Adeleke Narrowly Escapes Assassination Attempt / Breaking News!!! Asari Dokubo Backs Ijaw Republic. / Why Would A 1st Class Graduate Be Afraid Of His Academic Record?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.