Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu (34959 Views)

Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated — Tinubu / Buhari Out To Truncate Democracy - Governor Ganduje / Five Executive Orders Issued By The Buhari Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by orisa37: 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
ANY JUDGE THAT IS INVOLVED WITH SUCH ORDER WILL DIE MISERABLY IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Michaells: 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
*What if Humphrey Nwosu Rigged 1993 Presidential Election?*

Today, June 12 is our Democracy Day. As a young Nigerian, I voted for Chief MKO Abiola. And I witnessed the likes of Chief Olisa Agbakoba, SAN heavily brutalised by the Gen Sani Abacha's government for daring to stage a five-million-man-march in Lagos the same day the emperor was staging a two-million-man-march in Abuja that would have ushered in his transition from khaki to agbada leadership. Providence and divine intervention rescued a nation drifting away from sovereignty.

Today, we celebrate the efforts of resilient Nigerians, who stood up against injustice, insisting on a democracy Nigerians had desired by voting for a leader without caring about his ethnic and religious identity. Today, we celebrate that moment Nigerians desired for a truly united nation by choosing a philanthropist, who exhibited true nationalism without any sign of bigotry. Today, we celebrate the day Nigerians did not sell their votes but conscientiously stood in brotherhood despite the difference in tribe and tongue.

And today, we are celebrating because the man whose Option A4 was far more effective than BVAS engaged National Electoral Commission, NEC officials, who did not compromise because he NEVER compromised. Today, we have seemingly forgotten that hero, who insisted on announcing results state-by-state until the enemies of Nigeria brutally assaulted him and annulled June 12 election. And I ask, *_what if Prof Humphrey Nwosu, the NEC Chairman had rigged that election_ ;* what would today be remembered for? Somebody should ask Prof Mahmood Yakubu.

#WeKnowTheEnemiesOfThePeople
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Michaells: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
*What if Humphrey Nwosu Rigged 1993 Presidential Election?*

Today, June 12 is our Democracy Day. As a young Nigerian, I voted for Chief MKO Abiola. And I witnessed the likes of Chief Olisa Agbakoba, SAN heavily brutalised by the Gen Sani Abacha's government for daring to stage a five-million-man-march in Lagos the same day the emperor was staging a two-million-man-march in Abuja that would have ushered in his transition from khaki to agbada leadership. Providence and divine intervention rescued a nation drifting away from sovereignty.

Today, we celebrate the efforts of resilient Nigerians, who stood up against injustice, insisting on a democracy Nigerians had desired by voting for a leader without caring about his ethnic and religious identity. Today, we celebrate that moment Nigerians desired for a truly united nation by choosing a philanthropist, who exhibited true nationalism without any sign of bigotry. Today, we celebrate the day Nigerians did not sell their votes but conscientiously stood in brotherhood despite the difference in tribe and tongue.

And today, we are celebrating because the man whose Option A4 was far more effective than BVAS engaged National Electoral Commission, NEC officials, who did not compromise because he NEVER compromised. Today, we have seemingly forgotten that hero, who insisted on announcing results state-by-state until the enemies of Nigeria brutally assaulted him and annulled June 12 election. And I ask, *_what if Prof Humphrey Nwosu, the NEC Chairman had rigged that election_ ;* what would today be remembered for? Somebody should ask Prof Mahmood Yakubu.

#WeKnowTheEnemiesOfThePeople
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by lexy2014: 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
professorPABX:

You don't understand what he said or you don't read very well.

Most of you are youths who did not know what happened in 1993.

High Courts of equal jurisdictions were giving conflicting judgements almost simultaneously causing confusion.

That's not what I asked.

Explain how Tinubu will not tolerate court orders?

When did the executive now start issuing threats to the judiciary?
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by lexy2014: 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
MightySparrow:

We need a bold person who will be in control. We were here when Obi was removed from office like a fowl from cage.

Tinubu is a man who understands power and can bulldoze anything.

Obi is just a noisemaker. He can still rule Nigeria but not now.

Sorry. That isn't what I asked you.

what exactly was the prayer of nigerians and how is Tinubu the answer to those prayers?

Am glad you called Tinubu a thief. How is a thief as president of Nigeria the best thing to happen to Nigeria?
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Kylekent59: 7:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
You saw a man killing someone and you are still supporting him.

That's what most people are doing now

What happened to our moral sense of reasoning?

Why would someone say that about the Tribunal?

Tribalism is turning people into something else each day.

This is the reason Nigeria is not progressing.
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by CaptainFM1: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2023
zezebabs:
He said unnecessary illegal orders will not be allowed, illegal orders, not legal order

It's still the court that can decide "legal" or "illegal". That's why we have the court up to the supreme
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Nightwolf1: 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
TsbAfrica:
bros talk true ... You know an average Nigerian is a criminal ... The degree is what is unknown.

Swear you didn't engage in exam malpractice during your educational journey? That one nah just one o.... If I begin list them for you, you go understand why an average Nigerian is a big criminal.... Including you and me

Bro, speak for yourself. In my four years in the university, I didn't commit examination crime. Be it " giraffing or soughting".

It is excusable to label all Nigerians criminals. I'm not saying there aren't criminals in Nigeria but demanding that the right things should be done is the first step to ensuring our country is free from criminality and political desperadoes.

I really don't know in what capacity the courts are being threatened now because if we must strengthen democratic values, the judiciary is necessary, and its functions shouldn't be undermined by some wackos currently holding political power. That was my grouse.

Omo if my plans work out, I don japa be that. cohabitation is difficult in this part of the world housing too many mentally defective beings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Akungitit: 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Story, let court give the judgement first, leave the rest for Nigerians
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Akungitit: 7:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
I'm glad you said Nigerians,because we don't regard you and your people as Nigerians and you will never have the privileges of a Nigerian.
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by youngrichnigga: 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2023
Talking about tule of law and his and INEC lawyers are throwing in useless and frivolous objections at the EPT sittings..., Dey play undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by stampo: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=babyfaceafrica post=123746864]This is super story [Abi ?]
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Weathered: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
The Heading didn't reflect what Tinubu meant.

It was written as if the president is against court orders .

So many mischievous and illiterate people have found their way into journalism.
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Jostoman: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
KingKO22:
conflicting court orders on elections have left the public confused. But the President said “illegal orders” won’t be condoned.

Yes conflict court order is tantamount to destruction of not just democracy but can also lead to war

It's a strong message to those in judiciary system

You cannot come and call white as black for us bcs of your personal interest

If IPOB no like this message make them go hug transformer
your oga know he didnt win so he is indirectly threaten Judiciary but they will not fall for his threat.
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Jostoman: 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2023
youngrichnigga:
Talking about tule of law and his and INEC lawyers are throwing in useless and frivolous objections at the EPT sittings..., Dey play undecided undecided undecided
our president have seen the handwriting on the wall. The evidence of the rigging is just too much.
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by israelmao(m): 8:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
I have never been a fan of Tinubu and I will not be but give his statement a deep thought before you launch attack on the messenger.
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Jostoman: 8:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
helinues:
Gbam.

Hope the sore losers are listening
Oga the judiciary will not fall for his threat because he is already seen the handwriting on the wall.

If you want to win, win like Abiola and not with changing of opponent results.
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by helinues: 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2023
Jostoman:
Oga the judiciary will not fall for his threat because he is already seen the handwriting on the wall.

If you want to win, win like Abiola and not with changing of opponent results.

Same judiciary you have already been blackmailing just like INEC.

Seh karma no dey exist in una dictionary?
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Xox1945(m): 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2023
Trash as usual nothing good can not come from this man
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by nnamdi640: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He is reiterating what the Judiciary Judges have started and are already doing by slamming heavy fines on those unpatriotic elements,all of Igbo extraction, who brought frivolous suits to the courts in order to truncate our democracy like Chief Francis Arthur Nzeribe did in 1993 to truncate our 3rd Republic with IBB annulment.

The President is perfectly in order and the next National Assembly must enact laws to refer those unpatriotic elements slammed by the courts to be immediately arrested and prosecuted by the police and DSS then jailed. Fine is not enough and referring them to NBA for disciplinary action is not adequate especially for those who are not members of NBA.

Our judiciary will not tolerate game played on it by the late Arthur Nzeribe with his infamous ABN.
Check my signature for free stuffs!
You guys should reason before defending rubbish, you can't over rule the power of the judiciary. Don't come here to defend something that can be used against you one day.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by desmond2pk: 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
How did ACN started having governors in the south west?
Ifs through justice Ojo Taiwo
Have we forgotten?
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by package7(m): 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
Revolution2022:
Nigerian democracy is all about the selfish interest of Nigerian politicians.Tinubu who bribe his way to become the selected president of INEC should not be term as a democracy but a coup.This is a man that empower thugs to intimidate voters during election.
Unpatriotic element extraction is what you are. Peter Obi will not cannot be president of Nigeria. Not now not even in future.
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
That means he is ready to disobey court orders. If it was found that votes are tampered with he is ready to burn Nigeria than allow the court to have their say.
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by walezy14(m): 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2023
Wailers will continue to wail till tinubu finishes his 8 years in office. No 100 % electioneering process in the whole world. If Obi is very sure they didn't rig for him, let him swear with Thunder or god of iron
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 12, 2023
package7:
Unpatriotic element extraction is what you are. Peter Obi will not cannot be president of Nigeria. Not now not even in future.
What do you know about patriotic?Did I sell Nigeria?
Between tinubu,who travels abroad to for medical treatment and also buys properties and I,that patronises Nigerian healthcare,who is more patriotic>
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by floret23(f): 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2023
BrownSugq:

It has become imperative to state here that the unnecessary illegal orders issued to truncate or abridge democracy will no longer be tolerated.”
https://www.channelstv.com/2023/06/12/court-orders-issued-to-truncate-democracy-wont-be-tolerated-tinubu/
Mr Thiefnubuu is talking about unnecessary illegal orders. The one that will sack him in the coming months is necessary legal order. He knows what he was saying. So no cause for alarm.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by helinues: 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2023
naturefellow:
the evil you dey support go still bite your nyash. Inshallah!

Nobody send losers.

Una crying dey sweet us baje
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by helinues: 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
naturefellow:
sickos y'all are! And ye shall reap the injustices you sow!

Hope you are already reaping the losing stuffs.

Hahaha, people wey no sabi
Re: Court Orders Issued To Truncate Democracy Won’t Be Tolerated - Tinubu by shinealight(m): 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nightwolf1:
This animal should desist from threatening the courts. Nigerians aren't his agbado munching baboons.

The right to free speech should have a limit. Loose-mouthed people should not enjoy any cover from social media outfits in the name Right to Free Speech. You would soon learn that there’s a new Sherriff in town….many of you would soon be cooling your heels in Kuje. Continue yapping! cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-At-Home: BBC Shares Pictures From South-East / Governor Obaseki Gives Victory Speech (Video) / Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.