Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,496 members, 7,847,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

Stop Eating Ponmo It Is Now Dangerous - FG Raises Alarm About A Dangerous Virus - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Stop Eating Ponmo It Is Now Dangerous - FG Raises Alarm About A Dangerous Virus (234 Views)

Ponmo Is Now Dangerous - Federal Government Raises Alarm About Dangerous Virus / How Do I Tell This Guy To Stop Eating In My House? / Man Says He Found Black Spots On Pure Bliss Wafer Biscuits, Raises Alarm (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Eating Ponmo It Is Now Dangerous - FG Raises Alarm About A Dangerous Virus by Getfeedonline: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development has issued a warning regarding the safety of ponmo consumption, citing a dangerous virus outbreak. The concern arises from the recent outbreak of Anthrax in neighboring countries within the West African sub-region.

In light of this development, Nigerians are strongly advised to refrain from consuming hides (ponmo), smoked meat, and bush meat, as these products present a significant health risk until the situation is effectively managed.

The outbreak of Anthrax was initially reported in northern Ghana, near the borders of Burkina Faso and Togo, thereby posing a potential threat to the entire sub-region.

The statement read;

“The disease which has claimed some lives, is a bacterial disease that affects both animals and man, that is a zoonotic disease. Anthrax spores are naturally found in the soil and commonly affect domestic and wild animals.

“People can get infected with Anthrax spores if they come in contact with infected animals or contaminated animal products. However, Anthrax is not a contagious disease and so, one cannot get it by coming in close contact with an infected person.“Signs of anthrax are flu- like symptoms such as cough, fever, muscle aches and if not diagnosed and treated early, lead to pneumonia, severe lung problems, difficulty in breathing, shock and death.”

https://getfeedonline.com/ponmo-is-now-dangerous-fg-raises-alarm-about-a-dangerous-virus/

Re: Stop Eating Ponmo It Is Now Dangerous - FG Raises Alarm About A Dangerous Virus by Nbote(m): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2023
Lol
Re: Stop Eating Ponmo It Is Now Dangerous - FG Raises Alarm About A Dangerous Virus by coachchijioke(m): 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2023
You no talk quick, and kpomo de my mouth now

(1) (Reply)

The Best Homemade Shawarma In Abuja / Vacancy (portharcourt)-sales/customer Service And Chef Roles / ................my Comfort Food........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.