Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

It Means Many Will Not Attend University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Means Many Will Not Attend University (2365 Views)

Why Buhari May Not Attend Presidential Debate — APC / Saraki: Buhari Will Not Attend 2019 Presidential Debate / Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Means Many Will Not Attend University by Psiyohos: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
When Countries like Germany made tuition free from beginning to the tertiary
Nigeria have signed student loan

Another form of slavery, another chain.

Many will fall mugu and be enslaved by the student loan even and eventually when they start working..

Many will fall mugu, many will commit suicide.

Na wa o
Demons are ruling us

I'll tel you this for free Sepp Holtzer didn't go to University , Malcolm X didn't go to University.

All you need to know about life is

Buy an Acre
Read Sepp Holtzer Permaculture farming
The Autobiography of Malcolm X
Read Walden By Thoreau
Self Reliance by Emerson
The Bhagavad-Gita
The Upanishads
Ego is the Enemy
And In Praise of Poverty by William Desmond

Remove your mind from University education, its a scam anyway..

This country..

This people will not kill me !!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by iammo(m): 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2023
University education is not for all learn a trade

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by Jokerman(m): 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
It will be increase school fees too... So only serious ones will go to school

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by budaatum: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2023
You should be delighted "It Means Many Will Not Attend University" then since you already believe university is a scam.

Those who don't think like you do will take the loan and go to university and have fewer people like you to contest for jobs with. It's after all not likely you'd be applying for the job in doctoring or lawyering etc that those who don't think they've been scammed apply for.

4 Likes

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by tommy589(m): 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2023
Jokerman:

No time to be distracted with cult activities If you are engaged with serious studies.Getting value for money

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by Frank688915: 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
another ipob thread trying to discredit the beautiful innovation

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by BadMaster: 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2023
One of the reasons I love Nairaland is that, it's very easy to spot posts made by flat headed fools.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by Tmb78(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
I don't think students loans are mandatory anywhere in the world.

You could go to the university and pay your tuition fees yourself without loans from the govt na!

This shouldn't be an issue that should warrant opening of thousands of threads about, cos I know threads of this kind will still be opened before the day breaks tomorrow!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by ganisucks(f): 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
Psiyohos:

Many will fall mugu and be enslaved by the student loan even and eventually when they start working..

Na wa o
Demons are ruling us

I'll tel you this for free Sepp Holtzer didn't go to University , Malcolm X didn't go to University.

Buy an Acre
Read Walden By Thoreau
Self Reliance by Emerson
The Bhagavad-Gita
The Upanishads
Ego is the Enemy

This country..

Don't kid yourself. There will be no student loans. Just signed paper. Student loans without fixing the educational system. These people are just joking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by N3TRAL: 7:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
Why didn't cite the USA as your example of why Nigeria should continue subsidizing education?

1 Like

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by IkeIgboNiile(m): 8:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
USA is trying to cancel their student loans because of the debts users incur while using it.
I'm curious to see how this is going to work here in 9ja.
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by ivolt: 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2023
The student loan bill is a scheme by the government to stop sponsoring tertiary education.
Students will access loan at the true value of their school fees.
Which will be at the same level or very close to private schools such as Covenant.
The biggest beneficiary of the bill will be school management who can now independently
determine how much to charge.
The era of cheap tertiary education is over if this bill is fully implemented.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by Throwback: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
ivolt:
The student loan bill is a scheme by the government to stop sponsoring tertiary education.

Like the Nigerian medical students who get cheap education in Nigeria but want to relocate abroad to get jobs that pay well, but their new colleagues abroad are using the well paying job to pay off their own students loans.

Let the Nigerian government make our education as attractive as the foreign education many Nigerian parents can afford to send their kids to. Those who can't should take the student loan and pay off while working.

I have already started saving for my child's education be it in Nigeria or abroad.

With every child, I open a bank account and start saving.

That is how it is done in the so called "saner climes".

Tertiary education is not a must for everyone.

Some wasted time in the universities only to become the Tailor or Wig retailer or shoe seller they never required a Bachelor's degree for.

Those who are very brilliant but indigent would always have scholarships available to them.

In the end, everyone is catered for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by PureFace1(m): 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
students loan is not mandatory it is only for those that need it.

These IPOB lunatics just want Tinubu to fail and Nigeria to keep regressing so that they can justify their bitterness and hatred.

Sensible Igbo know that even if you guys get Biafra tomorrow, you will just self destruct because you will direct the bitterness and hatred on yourselves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by soil4soil(m): 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
Psiyohos:

Na wa o
Demons are ruling us

Buy an Acre
Read Walden By Thoreau
Self Reliance by Emerson
The Bhagavad-Gita
The Upanishads
Ego is the Enemy

This country..

There is student loan even in almighty USA and other develop countries.
Why always downgrading anything Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by LikeAking: 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2023
Psiyohos:

Na wa o
Demons are ruling us

Buy an Acre
Read Walden By Thoreau
Self Reliance by Emerson
The Bhagavad-Gita
The Upanishads
Ego is the Enemy

This country..

Nothing is free in the white man land. They pay for it with heavy task. They also have lesser population and highly civilized.

It's also worth giving free uni education to her citizens because the investment will pay of bountifully. Here in Nigeria our graduates don't bring in money via innovations and creativity like the Germans.

Stop spreading false good, we are not illiterates.

1 Like

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by LikeAking: 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
USA is trying to cancel their student loans because of the debts users incur while using it.
I'm curious to see how this is going to work here in 9ja.

Our uni sch fees are not as big as the USA.

It's just another wild goose policy by Tinubu

It won't work.

What they need to give students should also include feeding loans... Without that na rubbish.
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by JagabanBorgu: 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
Jokerman:
School fees have not been increased already?
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by IkeIgboNiile(m): 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
LikeAking

It won't work.

What they need to give students should also include feeding loans... Without that na rubbish.

And provide jobs too. Imagine finishing on loan yet you no get job to pay off the loan.

What about peoplewho drop out while on this loan. What's their fate.
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by JagabanBorgu: 11:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
Psiyohos:

Na wa o
Demons are ruling us

Buy an Acre
Read Walden By Thoreau
Self Reliance by Emerson
The Bhagavad-Gita
The Upanishads
Ego is the Enemy

This country..

U should have also told us that UK, France, US etc made tuition fees free in their schools too.
U should also tell us that none of these countries gives students loan.
I keep saying it, the problem with Nigèria is not the politician but the masses.
The political class is too small to be a problem the whole country up to this level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by JagabanBorgu: 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
ganisucks:

Don't kid yourself. There will be no student loans. Just signed paper. Student loans without fixing the educational system. These people are just joking.
Tell us how edûcàtîonal systems should be fixed.
Just tell us
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by JagabanBorgu: 11:35pm On Jun 12, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
LikeAking

It won't work.

And provide jobs too. Imagine finishing on loan yet you no get job to pay off the loan.

What about peoplewho drop out while on this loan. What's their fate.
Why will u drop out if your fees are paid?
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by Tianamen1: 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
ivolt:

Yes, this policy doesn't seem to be targeted at students since the loans are interest-free and the CBN is the issuer. I guess the FG is trying to make the Universities more efficient.
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by Livelystone01: 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2023
budaatum:
You should be delighted "It Means Many Will Not Attend University" then since you already believe university is a scam.

Those who don't think like you do will take the loan and go to university and have fewer people like you to contest for jobs with. It's after all not likely you'd be applying for the job in doctoring or lawyering etc that those who don't think they've been scammed apply for.
Nice comment.

Some people are ignorantly proud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by NOwazobia: 12:08am On Jun 13, 2023
While I have my reservation, which I have laid out in some posts, not to mentioned that I don't even like the person of Tinubu at all, your posts lack details, sense, reasoning and you were just rambling without saying anything.

🙄😑
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by nairalanda1(m): 12:33am On Jun 13, 2023
As usual
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by nairalanda1(m): 12:38am On Jun 13, 2023
Psiyohos:

Na wa o
Demons are ruling us

Buy an Acre
Read Walden By Thoreau
Self Reliance by Emerson
The Bhagavad-Gita
The Upanishads
Ego is the Enemy

This country..

Yes, Germany makes education free......and in return Germans pay taxes at a rate that if Tinubu were to implement same in Nigeria, you guys will shout that he is making y'all suffer.

There is no such thing as free education. Educational facilites, books,e tc all have to be payed for. And it is either you pay them by taxes or you pay for them by high fees. Or by loans...from anyone from the education loan bank to the IMF.

And please stop this nonsense about school being a scam. You can read and write because you were taught by a teacher who went to school. You are in relatively good health because you were treated by doctors, nurses, and pharmacists who went to school. You can ride in public transport that was built by people who went to school. And so on and so forth.

Honestly man, get rid of your bitterness. Life is hard, but you don't have to let it make you sound like a joke seriously.

1 Like

Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by IkeIgboNiile(m): 2:33am On Jun 13, 2023
JagabanBorgu

Do you think people only drop out because of school fees?
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by JagabanBorgu: 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
JagabanBorgu

Do you think people only drop out because of school fees?
People drop out because they have better options, if u have better options, u won't have problems paying back the loan.
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by IkeIgboNiile(m): 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
JagabanBorgu

People drop out because they have better options, if u have better options, u won't have problems paying back the loan.

You obviously didn't attend a university. People dropout for various reasons which can emotional,mental,psychological or physical and it's not all positive.

What happens to a student that has an extra year, how is such a student expected to pay for the spill over?
I'm not trying to trash the bill but i think it was signed hastily,probably as a favour to Gbajamila.
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
They are always bitter full of negativity children
of hate and perdition It's not compulsory you collect the loan people have been going to school without loans
Re: It Means Many Will Not Attend University by Ogene001: 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
They are always bitter full of negativity children
of hate and perdition It's not compulsory you collect the loan people have been going to school without loans
Your people are very backwards and not properly evolved. Government policies are criticized everywhere. All you do is hail and call everybody "hater". Your backwards monarchist mentality is unsuitable for 21st century democracy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Tinubu Bringing His Son Seyi Close To The Corridors Of Power / There Is A RADICAL SHIFT In African Consciousness. Tinubu, Stay Out Of Niger / SHOCKER: CTC Of Court Of Appeal Judgement Upholds Gov. Abba Yusuf’s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.