Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria (2146 Views)

Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi / 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke / 2019: Attempt To Cede Kwara To The Yoruba Will Fail – Baraje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Hatrick01: 5:25am On Jun 14, 2023
Samantha124:
Okay.. smiley smiley smiley
what started xenophobia?
Who started it?
Were ONLY Nigerians the target?
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 14, 2023
I don't know anything about xenophobia happening in SA.

When some South Africans try to chase illegal criminal immigrants out of the country, the media labels them xenophobic, the same way Nigerians are being labeled scammers by the same media... I don't know what's xenophobic about that... undecided undecided undecided

Some of these legal migrants will also take part in tarnishing the SA name by posting fake videos and pictures online just so South Africans can be seen as bad people... Just like what happened in 2019, most pictures and videos that got posted were fake and some were not even from South Africa.

And what triggered the protests was that a South African taxi driver spotted a Nigerian national selling drugs to some South Africans, as the taxi driver tried confronting the Nigerian national, he shot the taxi driver and killed him... So SA taxi drivers got angry and started protesting and trying to chase out all the illegal criminal immigrants out of the country since the government doesn't seem to do anything about it... I'm sorry, but I don't see anything wrong with what they did... No foreign national was killed during those protests, but I kept hearing stories of how South Africans are killing Nigerians and I don't know which Nigerians were they talking about.

So don't believe anything that you see or hear on social media.

I don't know who started what and I also don't know who's the main target because I don't pay much attention to that, even back in 2019, I only found out about the protests two weeks later.
Hatrick01:
what started xenophobia?
Who started it?
Were ONLY Nigerians the target?

1 Like

Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by KingCold: 9:35am On Jun 14, 2023
Samantha124:

When some South Africans try to chase illegal criminal immigrants out of the country, the media labels them xenophobic, the same way Nigerians are being labeled scammers by the same media... I don't know what's xenophobic about that... undecided undecided undecided

Some of these legal migrants will also take part in tarnishing the SA name by posting fake videos and pictures online just so South Africans can be seen as bad people... Just like what happened in 2019, most pictures and videos that got posted were fake and some were not even from South Africa.

And what triggered the protests was that a South African taxi driver spotted a Nigerian national selling drugs to some South Africans, as the taxi driver tried confronting the Nigerian national, he shot the taxi driver and killed him... So SA taxi drivers got angry and started protesting and trying to chase out all the illegal criminal immigrants out of the country since the government doesn't seem to do anything about it... I'm sorry, but I don't see anything wrong with what they did... No foreign national was killed during those protests, but I kept hearing stories of how South Africans are killing Nigerians and I don't know which Nigerians were they talking about.

So don't believe anything that you see or hear on social media.

I don't know who started what and I also don't know who's the main target because I don't pay much attention to that, even back in 2019, I only found out about the protests two weeks later.
And I actually see these attacks coming back because right now, there's a strong anti-Nigerian sentiments growing due to that Sizo'kthola TV show.
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Hatrick01: 10:04am On Jun 14, 2023
KingCold:
And I actually see these attacks coming back because right now, there's a strong anti-Nigerian sentiments growing due to that Sizo'kthola TV show.
throw more light pls...
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Hatrick01: 10:06am On Jun 14, 2023
Samantha124:

And what triggered the protests was that a South African taxi driver spotted a Nigerian national selling drugs to some South Africans, as the taxi driver tried confronting the Nigerian national, he shot the taxi driver and killed him.. So SA taxi drivers got angry and started protesting and trying to chase out all the illegal criminal immigrants.
Okay....

Thanks
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38am On Jun 14, 2023
I remember when I found out about the protests two weeks later, at first I thought it was just one of those protests whereby the taxi drivers were fighting over a territory, but then I heard that there was going to be a shutdown in the Gauteng province, I started getting curious as to what was the main cause and that's when found out about what happened.

I then contacted this other Nigerian acquaintance of mine, her name is Blessing... I remembered that she once told me of how her uncle is a lecturer in one of the universities in the Gauteng province, I asked her how her family was doing, she told me they were doing just fine, that nothing was happening around the area her family was based and everyone was living peacefully.

It's just a pity that some thieves would cease the opportunity to loot and steal from the shops of legal migrants during those protests, which is wrong.

Social media and Western media are the ones dividing us and causing us to hate each other for something that's not there.
Hatrick01:
Okay....

Thanks
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Hatrick01: 11:43am On Jun 14, 2023
Samantha124:
I remember when I found out about the protests two weeks later, at first I thought it was just one of those protests whereby the taxi drivers were fighting over a territory, but then I heard that there was going to be a shutdown in the Gauteng province, I started getting curious as to what was the main cause and that's when found out about what happened.

I then contacted this other Nigerian acquaintance of mine, her name is Blessing... I remembered that she once told me of how her uncle is a lecturer in one of the universities in the Gauteng province, I asked her how her family was doing, she told me they were doing just fine, that nothing was happening around the area her family was based and everyone was living peacefully.

It's just a pity that some thieves would cease the opportunity to loot from the shops of legal migrants during those protests, which is wrong.
its okay

But what media fed us is a bit different from what u said.

Its fine.

1 Like

Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Hatrick01: 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
@Samantha124
If u wanna know anything about Nigeria, feel free to ask. I ll answer. No matter what the question is.
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
I wouldn't want to cause another SA vs Nigeria war around here.

Because I honestly don't like those fights, it's just that sometimes I'm forced to defend myself and my country, but I really don't like all these SA and Nigeria fights around here.
Hatrick01:
@Samantha124

If u wanna know anything about Nigeria, feel free to ask. I ll answer.
No matter what the question is.
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Hatrick01: 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
Samantha124:
I wouldn't want to cause another SA vs Nigeria war around here.

Because I honestly don't like those fights, it's just that sometimes I'm forced to defend myself and my country, but I really don't like all these SA and Nigeria fights around here.
just ask.
I promise there will be no fight.
I know how the fight starts...
It wont happen
Try and see!
Waitin......

1 Like

Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by KingCold: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hatrick01:
throw more light pls...
There's a reality TV show called Sizok'thola where they nab drug dealers, their bosses, that sort of thing, and I would say 98% of those drug dealers they usually nab are Nigerians ..and people talk and there's this anti-Nigerian sentiment palpable right now and wouldn't be surprised if there's another uprising

1 Like

Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
Lol... I can already see you guys in this thread fighting amongst yourselves and I really don't have any energy for arguments today.

But thanks... smiley smiley smiley... I'll mention you and ask, in case something comes up... smiley smiley
Hatrick01:
just ask.
I promise there will be no fight.
I know how the fight starts...
It wont happen
Try and see!
Waitin......
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Hatrick01: 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2023
Samantha124:
Lol... I can already see you guys in this thread fighting amongst yourselves and I really don't have any energy for arguments today.

But thanks... smiley smiley smiley... I'll mention you and ask, in case something comes up... smiley smiley
lol

You are welcm
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Hatrick01: 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
KingCold:
There's a reality TV show called Sizok'thola where they nab drug dealers, their bosses, that sort of thing, and I would say 98% of those drug dealers they usually nab are Nigerians ..and people talk and there's this anti-Nigerian sentiment palpable right now and wouldn't be surprised if there's another uprising
damn
Too bad.
I am 90% sure that those druggies are illegal immigrants in the country.
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by KingCold: 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hatrick01:
damn
Too bad.
I am 90% sure that those druggies are illegal immigrants in the country.
There's huge illegal immigrant crisis in SA and its not being dealt with by the SA..people comment everywhere and say South Africans are "xenophobic" when they don't really know what's happening..
There are drug dealers and building hijackers from Nigeria, illegal miners from Lesotho wrecking havoc, cable thieves from Zim, etc, etc...these things create a perception of immigrants

Are you aware actual South Africans avoid Johannesburg CBD these days? We don't go there unless it's pressing

1 Like

Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Hatrick01: 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
KingCold:
There's huge illegal immigrant crisis in SA and its not being dealt with by the SA..people comment everywhere and say South Africans are "xenophobic" when they don't really know what's happening..
There are drug dealers and building hijackers from Nigeria, illegal miners from Lesotho wrecking havoc, cable thieves from Zim, etc, etc...these things create a perception of immigrants

Are you aware actual South Africans avoid Johannesburg CBD these days? We don't go there unless it's pressing
why?
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by KingCold: 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hatrick01:
why?
it's chaos out there, it's crime and grime
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by Hatrick01: 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
KingCold:
it's chaos out there, it's crime and grime
now?
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by izombie(m): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2023
Op meant to say only two ethnic groups have run nigeria to the ground since democracy. And guess what, igbos are still balling bro. Make una continue running naija to the ground. Shebi money no dey again to run the country with. Na borrow upon borrow. Una eyes and stupidity go clear.
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by izombie(m): 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hatrick01:
now?
For the first time this year i was in the cbd yesterday. It's now a confirm ghetto. I avoid the cbd except if it's completely necessary that i have to go there.
I am Nigerian btw.
Re: Hausa - Fulani And Yoruba Will Continue To Rule Nigeria by ORIAYO70(m): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
phorget:
Lol...
Their folks wont still stop been lazy and beggars despite them RULING. grin

Anybody ruling should at least endeavor to make Nigeria better. thanks

True talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Can Be Arrested / Osarodion Ogie Named As Running Mate To PDP Asue Ighodalo / Nominate The Best Governor In Nigeria 2009.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.