Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? (13342 Views)

How Much Can You Save From Your Business Or Salary Every Month / How Much Did You Save Before Quitting Your Salary Job For Your Own Business? / What are The Best Handwork To Learn In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by HellVictorinho6(m): 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2023
Neither is better cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2023
With handiwork, you have a real skill to solve a real problem, with salaried work, most do not have any tangible skill for real life.

They should pass a law for every young person after high school to learn a mandatory skill for one year before going off to higher institutions.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by mukthar2000(m): 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2023
Op for the past BuBu 8years till
this present government nothing was working ,both the business and the handwork, except u have a salary job that paid u salaries to feed ourselves and ur families. But let be hopeful with this present government if business and handwork can be favorable .

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Tajsagay(m): 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
HANDWORK....

UNLESS YOU ARE A MANAGING PARTNER AT KPMG OR PWC ETC...

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Rubyjade: 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2023
Everybody in Nigeria these days is talking of learning handwork but something we all seem to be missing out is the fact that learning a handwork also has it's own problems and disadvantages.
for me here are few of the problems:
[1] poor or zero capital: majority of people spend years learning a handwork but when it's time for them to start-up you discover that most have little or no capital to start up.

[2] offenssive boss: if you have ever learned handwork in nigeria you will discover that some master or the persons teaching you handwork can be very rude and offensive at times.

[3] low customers or patronage: yeah you see people who after learning handwork getting a customer to patronise their trade can be very hard at times.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Francisayo(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2023
Being a dry cleaner and a private school teacher, which is better?? 😊
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Aklee4994(m): 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
Styluss:
Its better to live and spend under the shadow of someone than to live alone and still not make enough. I was doing my own business too till I met a friend who nets 1.5m as an accountant, just (30 yrs old)
I was motivated to start applying for jobs immediately. And considering alot of us comes from average family, to start a big business that can make a profit of 40k daily is difficult for lots of people.
@ bolded also an accountant am happy for him ooo you’re right...I have a friend also that is a lawyer that earn 100k as a Corp member..In any of those I just pray to meet the mercy of God...if it’s white collar job or my skills make one just help me out after my service year.
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Chizzychinny: 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
It's handwork but if you still have the opportunity to go to school, it's ok too.
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Styluss: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2023
Lol, a sister as a nurse on intern earns 130k in ogun state, would still be able to relocate to UK and earn more. And some are still saying white collar dosent pay!
i think you can try and do ICAN and get the professional certifications, Start small too, the person I was talking about once took 50K salary till everything changed

Aklee4994:
@ bolded also an accountant am happy for him ooo you’re right...I have a friend also that is a lawyer that earn 100k as a Corp member..In any of those I just pray to meet the mercy of God...if it’s white collar job or my skills make one just help me out after my service year.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Lincton: 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2023
Go for the one that soothe your life style. I've seen people that were offered white collar jobs and eventually rejected it for personal legitimate hurzzle
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Aklee4994(m): 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
Styluss:
Lol, a sister as a nurse on intern earns 130k in ogun state, would still be able to relocate to UK and earn more. And some are still saying white collar dosent pay!
i think you can try and do ICAN and get the professional certifications, Start small too, the person I was talking about once took 50K salary till everything changed

That’s is my plan brrr
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by CuteMike01(m): 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
Promisebello:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Bro you are right
But they are still people that are enjoying in this high cost of living

HI, how do you get your customers?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by folake4u(f): 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
Chairman wife. 😫

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by newoffer: 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2023
Full time with 3 part time gigs...
bassdow:
MultipleStreamsOfInCome

HandWork (partTime)
GovermentWork Salary (fullTime)
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Goddyrichie(m): 8:56pm On Jun 13, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
handwork is better but no like 500k job oh
not every handwork make 500k in a week or month some handwork don’t even make 100k in a month sef make we just pray 🙏 for grace jare
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by President2001(m): 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2023
Hand work give faster achievement than salary work
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by dreamxhaser: 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2023
This might not be popular but i will pick any government salary job over any handwork.

Salary job in government parastatals are more stable and secured. You will earn more over the years becuse you will keep getting promoted. So by old age you are big. Not to forget the pension you will benefit at old age.

As for handwork, out of 100, most of them are not rich, its either they are broke or are struggling like the avrage nigerian. Only a few with connections are rich.

Also, most people with domince in a perticular handwork tend to loose their domince with time. I mean most of them probebly lose customers when they age bcause new young boys with mordern ways of doing things have come into the market. Most people with handwork are the ones that rely on their children during old age.

Forgive my typos, i dont have time to edit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Chidolalar: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2023
visaclick:
It should be a question of the kind of job you do. For this lekki some earn up to 2m and mostly fresh graduates meanwhile some handworkers sleep day in and out without patronage.
Which work in lekki some earn 2m?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Chidolalar: 10:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
dreamxhaser:
This might not be popular but i will pick any government salary job over any handwork.

Salary job in government parastatals are more stable and secured. You will earn more over the years becuse you will keep getting promoted. So by old age you are big. Not to forget the pension you will benefit at old age.

As for handwork, out of 100, most of them are not rich, its either they are broke or are struggling like the avrage nigerian. Only a few with connections are rich.

Also, most people with domince in a perticular handwork tend to loose their domince with time. I mean most of them probebly lose customers when they age bcause new young boys with mordern ways of doing things have come into the market. Most people with handwork are the ones that rely on their children during old age.

Forgive my typos, i dont have time to edit.
But not all government work pays pension at old age and many usually seize d pension money

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by dreamxhaser: 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2023
Chidolalar:

But not all government work pays pension at old age and many usually seize d pension money

Government work dont pay pension?

Well i dont know of your state but kaduna state does, the fedral government also pays pension

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Promisebello(m): 10:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
CuteMike01:

HI, how do you get your customers?
Online social media and online marketplace
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Promisebello(m): 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
Skyview01:
With handiwork, you have a real skill to solve a real problem, with salaried work, most do not have any tangible skill for real life.
well said

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Promisebello(m): 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
mukthar2000:
Op for the past BuBu 8years till
this present government nothing was working ,both the business and the handwork, except u have a salary job that paid u salaries to feed ourselves and ur families. But let be hopeful with this present government if business and handwork can be favorable .
ok sir
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Promisebello(m): 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
Tajsagay:
HANDWORK....

UNLESS YOU ARE A MANAGING PARTNER AT KPMG OR PWC ETC...
Meaning pls
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Promisebello(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2023
Rubyjade:
Everybody in Nigeria these days is talking of learning handwork but something we all seem to be missing out is the fact that learning a handwork also has it's own problems and disadvantages.
for me here are few of the problems:
[1] poor or zero capital: majority of people spend years learning a handwork but when it's time for them to start-up you discover that most have little or no capital to start up.

[2] offenssive boss: if you have ever learned handwork in nigeria you will discover that some master or the persons teaching you handwork can be very rude and offensive at times.

[3] low customers or patronage: yeah you see people who after learning handwork getting a customer to patronise their trade can be very hard at times.

That's why you have to be informed
So you don't get deformed
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Promisebello(m): 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
Chidolalar:

Which work in lekki some earn 2m?

Na IT
Nothing more
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Monzze: 2:41am On Jun 14, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Ask yourself this question "which of the top 20 billionaires got to that peak earning from white collar job"? Then, you get your answer.

Which of those Billionaires got to that pick with handwork

Most of them are businessman... Abi Elon Musk na mechanic abi Tailor?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by bukatyne(f): 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
N3TRAL:
It depends.

Ronaldo and Messi are salary earners 😂

Pep Guardiola and Mourinho are salary earners 😂

The CEO, directors and heads of department in MTN, Airtel, Nestle, Multichoice, Dangote Cement, Shell, ExxonMobil, etc are salary earners

NLNG, CBN and NNPC directors are salary earners 😂

That it's not black doesn't mean that it will be white.

Whether you rely on salaried employment only or "handwork" only or both should be a function of your perculiar reality.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Promisebello(m): 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
ecolime:

You are correct. It depends on the type of salary job.

Let me add to your list. BAT, Shettima, Akpabio, Kyari, Okonjo Iweala, etc. are all salary earners.

Just do whatever will legitimately put food on your table. Simple
But their on na leg work
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Promisebello(m): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
Monzze:

🤣🤣
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by BlackAlien007: 4:54am On Jun 15, 2023
Monzze:

U hv answered ur own question mechanics dangote tailora shoe makers Elon musk are all business men with there own different skills

with no zero capital and just the investment in knowledge and skills make extra 50k to 500k monthly
If interested to know more about this opportunity Drop dm to this whatsapp number

Limited offer for first 20 people
Re: Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job? by Kobicove(m): 11:04am On Jun 17, 2023
Do whatever works for you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mechanical Engineering Or Computer Science? / Will They Compensate Me? / Ericsson To Sack Nigerians As Firm Ships Jobs To India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.