Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition (8283 Views)

My N1,000 Breakfast And Lunch. / Peak 456: Investing In Early Nutrition For Smart Children / Two Pythons in one day. Breakfast and Lunch Loading. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by Mynd44: 1:00pm On Jun 13, 2023
Nigeria’s leading children’s dairy brand, Peak 456 Growing Up Milk, from the stable of FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc, commemorated this year’s Children’s Day by partnering with schools and childcare givers to educate on the importance of age-appropriate nutrition in supporting children to grow up strong and smart. The series of events took place across 11 states, including Lagos in conjunction with Peak Yogurt and Peak Chocolate.

One of the locations was the Ndubuisi Kanu Park where a three-day event, which began on May 26, was organized for children within the axis. The brand held an inter-school competition, open to primary school pupils between ages 4 and 6 years, who were asked to prepare a breakfast meal, using Peak 456 Growing Up Milk. The top three winners went home with educational scholarships worth N200,000, N150,000 and N100,000 for first, second and third place winners respectively.

Speaking on this year’s edition, Odianosen Okosun, Brand Manager Peak 456 said: “This year, we decided to make it extra special for our children, not only by celebrating them but by creating an atmosphere of healthy competition where they can learn about nutrition and also win prizes that will add value to them. Our country’s growth and economic development are dependent on how well we take care of our children and what better way can we take care of our future if not by providing them with the right nutritional food.”

Okosun continues, “Peak 456 Growing Up Milk is specially formulated for children between ages 4 and 6 years and fortified with docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) to support brain development. It contains various nutrients to aid children develop physically and mentally. Peak 456 Growing Up Milk is very passionate about ensuring our children grow up to be strong & smart adults. This is why we partner with schools and other educational bodies”

Another location was at Homot Schools, Ikorodu, catering for children within that axis. At this location, Peak 456 partnered with Shedams Fitness and Saga, a fitness coach and former Big Brother Housemate, to nurture the fitness and well-being of the children in a fun way. The children were supercharged as they followed the instructions of the fitness coaches and learnt a lot about keeping fit and eating healthy.

The third location was at Banana Island Field, for the Biporal Children’s Day party. This celebration took place on May 27 and as with other locations, children participated in exciting activities and went home with educational prizes.

Similar children’s day events were held in Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Jos, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Aba, Ibadan, Osogbo and Owerri.

The brand recently launched its BreakfastPlus Schools programme pan-Nigeria with the theme; Better Nutrition for Every Child. The integrated marketing campaign is targeted at preschool teachers, school-aged children and parents who play vital roles in influencing children academically as well as in their nutritional habits.

Research has shown that 90 percent of brain development happens in the first 5 years of life and the food children take has a direct impact on their growth and development. The Breakfast Plus Schools campaign will help educate teachers, parents and even children on the need for nutritious foods including milk in their diets, starting from breakfast.

Sponsored Post

2 Likes

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by Mynd44: 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2023
More pictures

1 Like

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by NobleSeed(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2023
nice one from peak 👍 👍
meanwhile my lecturer, after FG Grant me my loan grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by gragz8701: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
The usual marketing strategy. If you are in your 30s+, please learn to skip breakfast for about 3 to 4 times a week. By combining that with exercise, I was able to burn the stubborn belly fat and regained the flat tummy within 3 months. Try this and come back wearing the best body of your life plus testimonies. You may confirm from your doctor/ nutritionist on the importance of intermittent fasting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by Yankiss(m): 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
A very good and welcome initiative from PEAK Milk. They have gained a lot from Nigerian consumers and need to give back. Diary products are just good and appropriate for Children. One has to reduce on this and stop entirely as one ages. Breakfast is most important meal of the day for all ages.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by KomGhale: 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
I remember growing up, there were only two brands of milk.. Peak and others.. I guess they've kept up the standard over the years and are still growing.. Good for them
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by greatiyk4u(m): 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
Good one
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by LegallyBlunt: 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
Breakfast is one of the biggest lies out there.

3 Likes

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
Marketing gimmick. Breakfast and late dinner are one of the worst things you can do to your body if you are more than 38 years old. Intermittent fasting till noon, then eat, and by 6 pm eat your dinner. after 1 month come and say thank you

5 Likes

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by atobs4real(m): 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
Hope this is alright to be advertised? Just remembered the jesus stuff
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by marlow1962(m): 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2023
Okay now, cool.
Peak of #60 before, now average Nigerian can't even afford peak thin.
Nigerians went from "living godlike life, to so help me lord" and yet them never tire.
Okay na

1 Like

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by ecolime(m): 4:02pm On Jun 13, 2023
Ransomware:
Marketing gimmick. Breakfast and late dinner are one of the worst things you can do to your body if you are more than 38 years old. Intermittent fasting till noon, then eat, and by 6 pm eat your dinner. after 1 month come and say thank you
What do you mean by intermittent fasting till now? Does this mean outright skipping of breakfast? Please clarify.

Also, you didn't mention the ultimate goal of this routine. Just wellness or weight loss?
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by GeneralPula: 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2023
NobleSeed:
nice one from peak 👍 👍
meanwhile my lecturer, after FG Grant me my loan grin grin
Lol
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by VawulentComrade: 4:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
Avoid morning breakfast it is useless, you don't need it.

Breakfast should be normally between the hours of 11:00 am to 1:00 p.m.

Breakfast weights you down in the morning, makes your day basically unproductive, makes you dull.

You take breakfast by 6,7, or 8 am and before 11am you find yourself yawning again and before the end of the day you have Hot 4 to 5 meals.

Morning breakfast is unhealthy for you, stop it!

The sugars this products contain is a story for another day!

3 Likes

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by Fairview1: 4:09pm On Jun 13, 2023
kiss
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by casualobserver: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2023
there is nothing nutritious about evaporated or powdered milk. if you know how it is made and what goes into it, you wont take it again if you have a choice. The only milk that is nutricious and retains all its nutrients is fresh milk not even UHT milk. Powdered milk for instance is 29% palm oil. in the manufacturing process most of the beneficial nutrients are destroyed hence the addition of synthetic vitamins. Think about it, one of the main benefits of milk is vitamins particularly vitamin D, why would you add vitamins especially vitamin D to milk if not because the natural vitamins had been destroyed by the manufacturing process. The body absorbs natural and synthetic vitamins differently.

feel free to check the ingredients next time you come across a can of milk or you can read it for yourself on their own website

https://www.peakmilk.com.ng/assortment/powder/peak-filled-instant-milk-powder-sachet/

https://www.peakmilk.com.ng/assortment/evaporated/peak-gold-full-cream-unsweetened-evaporated-milk/

Whenever you see a food ingredient that is a number, you should run away.

3 Likes

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2023
ecolime:

What do you mean by intermittent fasting till now? Does this mean outright skipping of breakfast? Please clarify.

Also, you didn't mention the ultimate goal of this routine. Just wellness or weight loss?

I am going to say something you may not like to hear, but the goal of this is to increase your resistance to illness, wean you off of medications, and help your body in general, now if you are a man and you want to be a real superstar in bed, add some weight training to it. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by GreatAchiever1: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2023
Some say breakfast isn't that important and I stand with that. Besides all these factory manufacturing stuffs ain't healthy. Go chop better food.

2 Likes

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by Whois(m): 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2023
Breakfast remains the most important meal of the day
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by ecolime(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
Ransomware:

I am going to say something you may not like to hear, but the goal of this is to increase your resistance to illness, wean you off of medications, and help your body in general, now if you are a man and you want to be a real superstar in bed, add some weight training to it. cool
Thanks for the enlightenment bro.

Hilighted is also noted cheesy
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by Jokerman(m): 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
gragz8701:
The usual marketing strategy. If you are in your 30s+, please learn to skip breakfast for about 3 to 4 times a week. By combining that with exercise, I was able to burn the stubborn belly fat and regained the flat tummy within 3 months. Try this and come back wearing the best body of your life plus testimonies. You may confirm from your doctor/ nutritionist on the importance of intermittent fasting.

Infact until I discovered the importance of intermittent fasting, I would have still been a breakfast advocate 🤣🤣..

For 2 months now, I have skipped breakfast... I'm already seeing changes, na bellyfat remain to go down

4 Likes

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by wolement: 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
The most unless meal of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by adefitim(m): 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2023
Age-Appropriate nutrition dey
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2023
gragz8701:
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2023
Ransomware:

1 Like

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by todugo(m): 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2023
gragz8701:
Exactly, even the processed canned milk and diary products are filled with artificial sweeteners like aspartame, cyclamates etc which spike blood sugar level causing diabetes and cancer grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by JuanDeDios: 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2023
gragz8701:
Those days you skipped breakfast, did you eat once a day or twice?
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by gragz8701: 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2023
JuanDeDios:

Those days you skipped breakfast, did you eat once a day or twice?

Twice a day please. By 12 noon and around 6pm -7pm. Add more protein to you diet. Eggs, beans, moimoi, okpa and fruits. If I get hungry after 7pm, I just leak soup or eat banana. I started sleeping early to avoid eating late too. If you lift weights, you are likely to see the result very soon. All the best and be discipline please.

1 Like

Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by gragz8701: 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2023
Jokerman:

Infact until I discovered the importance of intermittent fasting, I would have still been a breakfast advocate 🤣🤣..

For 2 months now, I have skipped breakfast... I'm already seeing changes, na bellyfat remain to go down

Add more protein to your diet. Also try a combo of cardio and strength training say 3 - 4 times a week. As soon as you brush in the morning, drink warm water(or green tea if you are boxed up)in an empty stomach on the fasting days. These will yield a speedy result.
Re: Peak 456 Educates On The Importance Of Breakfast And Age-Appropriate Nutrition by mediclife1987(m): 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
gragz8701:

Not when one drinks beer sha.

No amount of fasting and prayer can stop the belly fat of one who takes 2-3pints daily.

Grabs another chilled Goldberg.

(1) (Reply)

Commercial Bread Production In Nigeria. / What Are you Eating Today / Funny/Strange Combinations Of Food You Have Eaten Or Seen People Eat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.