Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,383 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites (4941 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Broke, It’s Political Elites That Are “Broque” By Farooq Kperogi / Datti Ahmed Tackles Northern Political Elites (Video) / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Emaxo4zilar: 5:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
Una no vote apc and una want sp he be like say bomb dey una head...always form8ng victims mumu people

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Ngorbungor(m): 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
Emaxo4zilar:
Una no vote apc and una want sp he be like say bomb dey una head...always form8ng victims mumu people

The vote wa una vote in 2015 don born pikin, and we don see watin e look like. People way dey claim say dey get sense, not knowing say na 'ogi' akamu dey their brains
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by 24SEVEN: 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2023
iSense247:

"When you sell your brother, the buyer will never trust you."

The reason why Peter Obi is held in very high esteem even by his opponents is because he doesn't see the need to ridicule his own tribe in order to be accepted by outsiders. This cannot be said of other igbo politicians who condemn the whole Igbo tribe at any given opportunity so as to please northerners and westerners.

Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas Okorocha, Ike Ekeremadu, and other igbo politicians combined together, they don't have up one percent of Peter Obi's electoral value. These are the people who cannot win any free and fair election. No wonder they ate their own people and their people also hate them with passion.

Look at the one in Lagos (Joe Igbokwe), despite the unwarranted attacks on Igbos in Lagos, this man will still find reasons to insult his tribesmen. In politics, if you are not accepted at home, you will be rejected abroad. How will I respect your tribe when your elites ridicule you for fun?

Why did Peter Obi leave APGA?

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Intrepid01(m): 6:50pm On Jun 13, 2023
I don’t know why Igbos take everything emotionally. Orji Kalu didn’t support Tinubu right from the primaries to the main election. Do you expect Tinubu to support him for Senate Presidency? On the other hand, Akpabio stepped down for him and also worked for his victory in his state. Do you expect him to support the person who didn’t work for him and leave the person that worked for him? Politics is a game of reality there’s no time to entertain emotions here, dividends of victory are shared according to your contribution to the success. You can’t work for gtb and expect Zenith to pay you salary. E dey wrong naa…
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Successdude(m): 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2023
kokorokoman:
these names you mentioned even have more political value than obi, Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas Okorocha, Ike Ekeremadu will pull the same crowd given the time obi contested for presidency.
people voted obi because they were all tired of apc and buhari and it has nothing to do with obi's popularity.
these politicians you mentioned would also have come third position if their campaign is sponsored by tinubu the way tinubu sponsored peter obi's campaign.

I believe his sponsorship is gonna help him out in court or rather his sponsorship also snsored obi going to court 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Really, una Mumu no get arrival
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by kokorokoman: 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2023
Successdude:

I believe his sponsorship is gonna help him out in court or rather his sponsorship also snsored obi going to court 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Really, una Mumu no get arrival
hahaha, only juveniles takes obi court case serious, obi as a badt guy already know the outcome of this his court case.
he is just using obidients to catch cruise and keep relevance till next elections.
it's not my fault you dont understand how politics is being played in nigeria, dont worry, small small you go understand last last.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by workchopNG: 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2023
kokorokoman:
these names you mentioned even have more political value than obi, Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas Okorocha, Ike Ekeremadu will pull the same crowd given the time obi contested for presidency.
people voted obi because they were all tired of apc and buhari and it has nothing to do with obi's popularity.

these politicians you mentioned would also have come third position if their campaign is sponsored by tinubu the way tinubu sponsored peter obi's campaign.

@bolded, FALSE!

I for one, and almost all Igbos, the Yorubas and other tribes that voted PO can never vote for these guys. You can take this to the bank.

The only politicians from SE that can pull close to what PO pulled in SE is Sullivan Chime and maybe Umahi, due to what they did while they were Governors of Enugu and Ebonyi respectively.

Me vote for any of those OUK, Rochas et al... Story. I will rather count a bag of beans at home on election day.

1 Like

Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Greyworld: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2023
kokorokoman:
sowore was not voted for because nigerians believe he brought buhari upon us.
And what do yu believe
You sound like buhari is a bad thing...

In the build up of the general election some people claimed Tinubu made Buhari president.

Draw the line
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Greyworld: 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2023
Intrepid01:
I don’t know why Igbos take everything emotionally. Orji Kalu didn’t support Tinubu right from the primaries to the main election. Do you expect Tinubu to support him for Senate Presidency? On the other hand, Akpabio stepped down for him and also worked for his victory in his state. Do you expect him to support the person who didn’t work for him and leave the person that worked for him? Politics is a game of reality there’s no time to entertain emotions here, dividends of victory are shared according to your contribution to the success. You can’t work for gtb and expect Zenith to pay you salary. E dey wrong naa…

Truth is even Abians aint feeling bad that Orji Kalu didn't get the senate presidency. I wonder how these story built up in nairaland
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Stone03: 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2023
kokorokoman:

Who is this accidental Sperm? You are a mistake to your family, brother
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Emekaonline: 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2023
iSense247:

"When you sell your brother, the buyer will never trust you."

The reason why Peter Obi is held in very high esteem even by his opponents is because he doesn't see the need to ridicule his own tribe in order to be accepted by outsiders. This cannot be said of other igbo politicians who condemn the whole Igbo tribe at any given opportunity so as to please northerners and westerners.

Orji Uzor Kalu, Rochas Okorocha, Ike Ekeremadu, and other igbo politicians combined together, they don't have up one percent of Peter Obi's electoral value. These are the people who cannot win any free and fair election. No wonder they ate their own people and their people also hate them with passion.

Look at the one in Lagos (Joe Igbokwe), despite the unwarranted attacks on Igbos in Lagos, this man will still find reasons to insult his tribesmen. In politics, if you are not accepted at home, you will be rejected abroad. How will I respect your tribe when your elites ridicule you for fun?

This same message goes to all Yoruba betrayers like Rufai Oseni, OBJ, Baba Adebanjo. Many fools consider them to be heroes while to them the like of Joe Igbokwe is a betrayer. The same way they view Igbokwe, the same we view these other Yorubas that are betrayers
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Successdude(m): 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2023
kokorokoman:
hahaha, only juveniles takes obi court case serious, obi as a badt guy already know the outcome of this his court case.
he is just using obidients to catch cruise and keep relevance till next elections.
it's not my fault you dont understand how politics is being played in nigeria, dont worry, small small you go understand last last.

Not actually about going the way of disagreement, hope u should know that.

So back, don't you see the fault in stating "you don't know how politics is being played in Nigeria ," ?

Like really ? Endorsing illegality and calling it a foundation to stand on, such that you want to prove a point with it ?

You have no idea how deep you who is after such system has fallen to begin to endorse a fault
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by kokorokoman: 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2023
Stone03:

Who is this accidental Sperm? You are a mistake to your family, brother
why can't you counnter me objectively brother?
why calling me these names because of politicians we have never met before?
dont i have the right to air my opinion on politics that has to do with my country?
what makes you think ouk, Rochas Okorocha, Ike Ekeremadu cannot come third in a presidential election?
what is so special about coming third in a preidential election na?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Stone03: 11:47am On Jun 14, 2023
kokorokoman:
why can't you counnter me objectively brother?
why calling me these names because of politicians we have never met before?
dont i have the right to air my opinion on politics that has to do with my country?
what makes you think ouk, Rochas Okorocha, Ike Ekeremadu cannot come third in a presidential election?
what is so special about coming third in a preidential election na?

I apologise. Forgive my poor outburst, brother.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by chivic(m): 11:03am On Jun 15, 2023
LegendHero:

Dey play.

Buhari contested in an unknown party then and got his constant 8/12 million votes and won more house of reps and governorship than what Obi did.

If Tinubu leave APC, he is leaving with at least 9 governors and that tells you how powerful that man is. Even if he contested in a different party with an incumbent that dosent perform to that standards and against a Christian/Christian ticket for example, he will get more votes than what Obi did. SW would have locked down for him and he will still get his Northern ally by his side.

Obi true electoral worth hasn’t been tested, all he got was the church/Christian vote. If a Christian had been on the ballot for APC/PDP, Obi vote will be largely depleted. That’s why during the state governorship election, he couldn’t influence other states for LP and they only got one governor. That’s because religion is not a factor in state politics. Contrast that to what Buhari was able to do with the North with ANPP/CPC.

In this last election, Tinubu won not because it’s APC, he did not even campaign with any APC success, he campaigned based on his own Lagos success. He won over political brokers from the North to his side and their loyalty to him was because he is Tinubu and because of his past record of helping them get the presidency 8 years ago. He will still defeat both your Atiku/Obi, so far they continue to be in different parties.

There is difference between contesting under the main political rival in a practically two party system and contesting in an unknown party that is not part of the 2 main parties without any councilor to say the list .
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu: A Lesson For Igbo Political Elites by Blankstare(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2023
Christistruth00:
I just pray Orji Kalu didn't have hand in his wife's sudden death during his battle to be Senate President because he refused to mourn the woman and was battling up and down for Senate Presidency

Honestly! I have been thinking too, the man got no shame with that his slacking mouth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is This Servicom ? / Farida Waziri Attacked In New York / Satanic Fashola Runs Concentration Camps In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.