Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,665 members, 7,840,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? (264 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by Davidsol: 7:56am On Jun 14, 2023
Davidsol:
Shalom friends!
Trust you're doing good in this journey of life and believe to reign with Jesus Christ in eternity?

The third book of John and the second verse states God wishes our prosperity, live healthy, even as our souls are prospering likewise.

What I want to present to the table; is making good money not an evidence of prosperity from God?

Please let's share our thoughts or make comments on this topical issue.
Shalom friends!
Trust you're doing good in this journey of life and believe to reign with Jesus Christ in eternity?

The third book of John and the second verse states God wishes our prosperity, live healthy, even as our souls are prospering likewise.

What I want to present to the table; is making good money not an evidence of prosperity from God?

Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by AntiChristian: 8:59am On Jun 15, 2023
Isaiah 45:7!

New International Version
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

New Living Translation
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

English Standard Version
I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

Berean Standard Bible
I form the light and create the darkness; I bring prosperity and create calamity. I, the LORD, do all these things.

King James Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by Davidsol: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2023
AntiChristian:
Isaiah 45:7!

New International Version
I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

New Living Translation
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

English Standard Version
I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity; I am the LORD, who does all these things.

Berean Standard Bible
I form the light and create the darkness; I bring prosperity and create calamity. I, the LORD, do all these things.

King James Bible
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

I am glad reading your opinion @antichristian.

But, can you cross-check your biblical reference if it connects with this topic?

Brethren, the question is open to the house: if making good money is not God's evidence for our prosperity?
Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by AntiChristian: 11:40am On Jun 15, 2023
Davidsol:

I am glad reading your opinion @antichristian.

But, can you cross-check your biblical reference if it connects with this topic?

Brethren, the question is open to the house: if making good money is not God's evidence for our prosperity?

OK! Making good money is God's evidence for our prosperity as God created prosperity!

Making good money too is not God's evidence for our prosperity as God created calamities!

I form the light and create the darkness; I bring prosperity and create calamity. I, the LORD, do all these things. Isaiah 45:7
Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by Davidsol: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2023
AntiChristian:

OK! Making good money is God's evidence for our prosperity as God created prosperity!

Making good money too is not God's evidence for our prosperity as God created calamities!

I form the light and create the darkness; I bring prosperity and create calamity. I, the LORD, do all these things. Isaiah 45:7

Attention! Attention!!! Attention!!!

Can we have more opinions to either support or oppose @antichristian's opinion?

As for me, our God is not author of confusion. I may not be in the position to comment on antichristian's bidirectional opinion.

Therefore, if you have something in mind to comment and we view your opinion as something worthy to work on, let us have what you want to say in this regard.
Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by Techobeys: 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2023
Nope, it’s not. Jesus didn’t make good morning yet he prospered in all ramifications
Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2023
Davidsol:
■ Shalom friends! Trust you're doing good in this journey of life and believe to reign with Jesus Christ in eternity? The third book of John and the second verse states God wishes our prosperity, live healthy, even as our souls are prospering likewise.
■ What I want to present to the table; is making good money not an evidence of prosperity from God? Please let's share our thoughts or make comments on this topical issue.
You do know that that God of Scripture does not force yourself on you in anyway? Jesus Christ is optional - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 so you don't really need him if what you instead want is the wealth of this world. undecided

2. Making what you refer to as good money isn't evidence of prosperity from God. For instance, Jesus Christ, while He was on earth prospered yet he made not a dime of what you refer to as good money. Jesus Christ said that those who belong to Him will do the works that He did and more -- prosperity - John 14 vs 6 - 12. In the Kingdom of God prosperity is about doing the works that Jesus Christ and more -- that is the standard that we are to meet and beat as followers of Jesus Christ and that requires storing up wealth for ourselves in Heaven and not here on earth. undecided
Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by vdestro: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Davidsol:
Shalom friends!

Prosperity is prosperity, making money is not the same as prosperity.
Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by vdestro: 5:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
Davidsol:

Attention! Attention!!! Attention!!!

Can we have more opinions to either support or oppose @antichristian's opinion?

As for me, our God is not author of confusion. I may not be in the position to comment on antichristian's bidirectional opinion.

Therefore, if you have something in mind to comment and we view your opinion as something worthy to work on, let us have what you want to say in this regard.

He is saying what i have just told you in reslect to the topic. Making money is not prosperity, though it is one of the sjgns of prosperity.

That muslim is only passing another great message that people take lightly, which is "Fear God" for everything can be made good or bad for you, by His Hands.

Thus, prosperity can become an evil thing unto a person whom The Lord hates as confirmed by people who have confessed that they were happier when they were poor.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by Davidsol: 5:50am On Jun 18, 2023
Happy Sunday brethren!
May God answer our prayers as we gather together today, in His presence, Amen!

I still want to present the topic above for discussion.

I want to prosper because God's word says so according to 3rd John 2.

As a responsible person, by God's grace, quite a number of people, from my family, then extended to other relationship, are benefiting from my welfare gestures.

Is it wrong for me to say; Father, show me the way to make good money, so that I can be blessing to meet the required needs of those concerned?

Please let us make comments on this topical issue. God bless you.
Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by Freedom2023(m): 7:54am On Jun 18, 2023
Na una sabi
Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by Davidsol: 5:17am On Jun 22, 2023
Freedom2023:
Na una sabi

Hello @freedom2023...
May God answer your prayers. Amen.

Please share your thoughts on this topic. Also anyone who's reading this post.

Enough of lack. It's time to get my hands and brain to work. And I desire to make good money, solve my problems and be a blessing as God's vessel.

Therefore, to make good money, isn't it God's evidence of my prosperity?

Please place your comments...
God bless you....
Re: Opinion: Is Making Good Money Not God's Evidence For Our Prosperity? by Benfaco: 9:27am On Jun 22, 2023
The love of God for us

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

When Adam sinned, he lost the direct access he initially had with God. (Genesis 3) God decided to send his only begotten son (Jesus) to pay the price for our sins on the cross of calvary because of his love for us. When Christ resurrected, he restored all privileges that we once had and brought redemption to us all. All we need is to believe that he died for our sin and has once again granted us direct access with God. No longer through an intermediary! (Mathew 27:50-53).

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

If our earthly parents care so much for us, how much more our father in heaven! (Luke 11:11-13). God’s love for us is infinite. He has promised to supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:19).

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I accept and acknowledge you as my personal lord and savior. I sincerely ask that you forgive my sins. Come into my life and pour out your spirit on me. By faith, I receive the promise of the father, which is the holy spirit. (John 14:16) I thank you for the price that you paid for me on the cross of calvary. Thank you for my redemption. I pray that your power, grace and favor will abide with me now and forever more. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Do Animals Worship The Christian God? / Moses Rod/staff That Parted The Red / This Is Why Our Current Religions Are Obsolete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.