Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network (53937 Views)

How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile / Which Mobile Network Provider Currently Offers More Data Vol At A Cheaper Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Parachoko: 8:42am On Jun 14, 2023
A new bride has hit the Nigerian mobile network business to entrench the competition in the country’s juicy telecommunication sector.

BTEL, operated by BRICLINKS Africa PLC (BRICNET), said it has been licensed by the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, to operate as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO).

The new entrant received the Tier 2 license out of the four license categories offered by the NCC.

BTEL said in a regulatory filing on Tuesday that the NCC approved the license on the 1st May 2023 to enable Briclinks Africa Plc to “operate alongside other Mobile Network Operator (MNOs) such as MTN, AIRTEL, GLO, and 9MOBILE by riding on their existing infrastructure.”

An MVNO is a telecommunications product and service operator that rides on top of the capacity of a fully Licenced Telecommunications Service provider or Mobile Network Operator (MNO).

NSIA Signs MoU With NCCC On Management Of National Carbon Registry, Emission Reduction

The MVNO reaches a “Wholesale Agreement” or “Revenue Sharing Agreement” with the Telecommunications Company
(Telco) through negotiations and delivers its services after bulk purchasing resources from the Telco.

Based on the licensing framework for the establishment of MVNO in Nigeria, a Tier 2 license holder can own and issues its SIM; own and operate its own Intelligent network and own and Operate EIR/HLR/AUC/HSS

NCC framework state, “A Virtual Operator (VO) within this tier assumes more control of the value chain which allows it to significantly differentiate itself from its host. The VO does not have Core Switching and Interconnect capabilities but can set up its own Intelligent Network (IN) to provide its own IN services to the customer.

“It can own more of the customer segment than Tier-1 operators with the capacity of establishing its own Home Subscriber Register or Authentication centre, Equipment Identity Register, and Home Location Register, if it desires to.

“They rely on the number ranges of their host MNOs although they have access to short codes or premium numbers for customer care and must adhere to the guidelines set forth by the Commission. Its capacity to control its own tariff structure and packages to a high degree allows it to generate its own revenue through traffic from its own customers but relies on a shared revenue structure with the host for inbound calls.”

https://thewhistler.ng/btel-becomes-nigerias-newest-entrant-to-compete-with-mtn-glo-as-mobile-network-provider/

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Dreal1247: 8:52am On Jun 14, 2023
When are they resuming their operations I. Nigeria?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by edoairways: 9:22am On Jun 14, 2023
In a simple language can this be explained

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Timoleon(m): 9:57am On Jun 14, 2023
edoairways:
In a simple language can this be explained

Just as mtn, airtel, glo and 9mobile operate communication networks in Nigeria, BTEL is joining the list. You will be able to own and use BTEL sims and access products and services that you would use on SIM cards.

326 Likes 27 Shares

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by VeryStingyMan: 10:12am On Jun 14, 2023
Parachoko:

A new bride has hit the Nigerian mobile network business to entrench the competition in the country’s juicy telecommunication sector...

https://thewhistler.ng/btel-becomes-nigerias-newest-entrant-to-compete-with-mtn-glo-as-mobile-network-provider/

undecided

They aren't competing with the Big Three though. It's a tier 2 MVNO license so they'll use the existing infrastructure of any of the other telecom services and anyone in the telecom industry would tell you that an MVNO is next to nothing because its still the same largely unreliable infrastructure they'll utilize. Good for them though. sad

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Ikaeniyan0: 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
They will only be able to compete with MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9Mobile if their data price is cheap

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Ikaeniyan0: 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
VeryStingyMan:

undecided

They aren't competing with the Big Three though. It's a tier 2 MVNO license so they'll use the existing infrastructure of any of the other telecom services and anyone in the telecom industry would tell you that an MVNO is next to nothing because its still the same largely unreliable infrastructure they'll utilize. Good for them though. sad
MTN and Airtel hardly disappoint me in Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Manna4Gurls: 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2023
tumababa:

😃º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º​😃
They dont need masts bro

They need to

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Kaido: 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2023
Obuma149:
I have land for their mast in Bayelsa call: 07031040149
Business man grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by 9182736455O1999(m): 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Timoleon:

Just as mtn, airtel, glo and 9mobile operate communication networks in Nigeria, BTEL is joining the list. You will be able to own and use BTEL sims and access products and services that you would use on SIM cards.
But they stated that they'll be riding on already existing Telecos.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Kiddo01(m): 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2023
Where is ntel

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by HomeTutorsPro: 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2023
Where can I get their SIM card already?
Airtel madness wan make me run mad.
Sometimes I go think say my village people don dey tally the azza of airtel pipul
Na when I wan run important zanga na im airtel dey remember to zongo the connection.
Dear airtel, I don taya for una!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by money121(m): 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Klington: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
Good news if mtn will allow them
survive the way DStv never allowed any other digital TV to survive in this country.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Dozie32(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
Please where can I purchase it?
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by omoadeleye(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
Audio

1 Like

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by inoki247: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
Lol wetin be Betel again make dem go rest.....
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Goldbw122(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
Is alright.
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by felong(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
At least more jobs would be created. This is a good development.

15 Likes

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by paymentvoucher: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
grin
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Risingblue008(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
I beg make we suffer finish from
Mtn
Airtel
Globacom hand before una come

1 Like

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Sunshine34(m): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
T
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by MRDEE01: 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Nice.
Competition is welcomed

1 Like

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Akharmony: 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
I hope this are not agents of subsidy cabals..
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Lolachef(f): 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
If they're reading this...i have land for their mast in my village Ohaji Egbema close to shell.
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Beautiful, this will give room for more healthy competition.

Located at Mowe Town before Redemption Camp coming from Ojodu Berger.
3 Bedroom Bungalow, Executively Built in a serene environment.
Good tittle documents with 12 months payment opportunity without additional interest.
Available in N27.5million, N25million and N20million respectfully.
Make N5million initial deposit and spread the balance. Take Advantage Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2-KwQ7NHMk

4 Likes

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by ehissi(m): 4:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kiddo01:
Where is ntel

This is the senior brother..

BTEL... grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Nokia 1101 I Spotted In Ilorin Yesterday / You Are Actually Giving Away Your Personal Data When You Copy And Paste It / What Intelligent People Do With Their Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.