Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network (53955 Views)

How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile / Which Mobile Network Provider Currently Offers More Data Vol At A Cheaper Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by allthingsgood: 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
Gibberish
Abeg explain in English
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Ashez: 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
Okay
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by excomarow(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
grin
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by MartinsD12(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
Parachoko:

https://thewhistler.ng/btel-becomes-nigerias-newest-entrant-to-compete-with-mtn-glo-as-mobile-network-provider/
Please let them start their operation quickly so we can have five major networks MTN, Airtel, GLO, 9mobile and this new btel , btel should start selling their sim immediately and hopefully I hope they can offer better call and data services especially browsing more cheaper and efficient
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Nyanabo(m): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
Nice for the competition.
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Tonytonex(m): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
I wish them well.
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by otipoju(m): 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2023
edoairways:
In a simple language can this be explained

I go rent your car to do Uber.

Na you get the car, but I go use am offer ride sharing services to passengers and remit you percentage.

They have no network infrastructure of their own. It is rented and strength is marketing.

Examples of this in the USA is Xfinity Mobile that rides on the Verizon Network and Metro-pcs that rides on theT-Mobile Network.

6 Likes

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Benwallt(m): 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
Timoleon:

Just as mtn, airtel, glo and 9mobile operate communication networks in Nigeria, BTEL is joining the list. You will be able to own and use BTEL sims and access products and services that you would use on SIM cards.

What I don't understand is where they said BTEL will operate on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile existing infrastructure. Does that mean they will be sharing masts?
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Parachoko: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2023
MartinsD12:

Please let them start their operation quickly so we can have five major networks MTN, Airtel, GLO, 9mobile and this new btel , btel should start selling their sim immediately and hopefully I hope they can offer better call and data services especially browsing more cheaper and efficient
This is the onlt thing that will make customers rush towards Btel
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by wallrichy: 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2023
It's another fraud done by Buhari gang of robbers...The minister for NCC.....there was a controversy over why such license should be issued out at the last hour of Buhari regime. There is so much smell to perceive when you open the cadaver of an elephant. That's Buhari and his band of thieves for you.....holy holy man my foot.....

Akharmony:
I hope this are not agents of subsidy cabals..

1 Like

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
edoairways:
In a simple language can this be explained

Dem be data resellers 2,0.. Just like those ones wey dey use naira land sell mtn 100 for 500mb after buying bulk from mtn and glo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by jmoore(m): 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
Timoleon:

Just as mtn, airtel, glo and 9mobile operate communication networks in Nigeria, BTEL is joining the list. You will be able to own and use BTEL sims and access products and services that you would use on SIM cards.
Bad summary. They are not on the same tier.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by PussyKing(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
I need TVS stations to compete hard with Multi choice because their shakara for DStv and go TV don too much undecided
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
Benwallt:

What I don't understand is where they said BTEL will operate on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile existing infrastructure. Does that mean they will be sharing masts?

Because they are nothing but licenses resellers of data and calls... Dem buy bulk and break am to resell
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Nawttiboi007(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
I think it's the best time cos Airtel's been doing rubbish lately... no be their fault dem don dey too comfortable
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Princeton92(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
Timoleon:

When will they circulate the country and is it homemade or it's a foreign company?
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by superCleanworks(m): 4:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
MTN and Airtel hardly disappoint me in Lagos.

this means that guy just wasted his time explaining technical terms to you.

He was telling you how things are in the grand scheme of things but you are talking about yourself. Is BTel coming to Nigeria just for you?
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by profmallor: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2023
I like to see the model this new entrant would be adopting to gain any form of market share considering there is a floor price set by the NCC below which the OPCOs are not allowed to operate, Moreso that they would be riding on existing infrastructure.
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Benwallt(m): 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
Nodogragra4me:

Because they are nothing but licenses resellers of data and calls... Dem buy bulk and break am to resell

Buy bulk from existing networks n still resell in the same market? I haven't really grasp it but thanks for taking time out to shed more light
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by airsaylongcome: 4:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
They will only be able to compete with MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9Mobile if their data price is cheap

Lol! They are not an MNO (mobile network operator) like MTN and Co. There a an MVNO (mobile Virtual network operator). In simple English, they provide those telephony service using your existing data subscription. There ride "over-the-top" of existing MNOs. Without a data connection, you cannot use their service

1 Like

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by Emeka71(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
Dreal1247:
When are they resuming their operations I. Nigeria?
Good news.
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by izubext007: 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
hope their call will be cheap for a very long time
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by MartinsD12(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
Parachoko:
This is the onlt thing that will make customers rush towards Btel

Yes if they can it will , better call service and better data services whether it's raining or sun is shining if they can give us better data services very cheaper than other four existing one's they can survive, offering something better and cheaper is what they should do

1 Like

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by airsaylongcome: 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:
Where can I get their SIM card already?
Airtel madness wan make me run mad.
Sometimes I go think say my village people don dey tally the azza of airtel pipul
Na when I wan run important zanga na im airtel dey remember to zongo the connection.
Dear airtel, I don taya for una!!!

They don't sell SIM cards. They provide telephony using VoIP, much like the way you can make a call with whatsapp

1 Like

Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by airsaylongcome: 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
MartinsD12:

Yes if they can it will , better call service and better data services whether it's raining or sun is shining if they can give us better data services very cheaper than other four existing one's they can survive, offering something better and cheaper is what they should do

They will not e providing any of this
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by airsaylongcome: 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
Lolachef:
If they're reading this...i have land for their mast in my village Ohaji Egbema close to shell.

They don't need masts. They only require you to have an Internet connection
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by ogundeleai(m): 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
9182736455O1999:

But they stated that they'll be riding on already existing Telecos.
Apparently to share facility such as mast and others.. This will afford them to start operation without delay and reduce number of mast we have altogether.. It should be noted that it's a win win for existing GSM companies.. The facilities will not be offered pro bono
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by airsaylongcome: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
Beautiful, this will give room for more healthy competition.

There's no competition here. Their calls will be more expensive than the regular MTN and Co.
Re: BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network by worksmart(m): 4:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
BTEL joins the existing cartel grin
Nigeria has probably one of the most expensive telecommunication services in the world and is highly lucrative and profitable for the handful of service providers that form the cartel.

You trying to tell me that hundreds of other of other international telecoms companies would not love to enter the Nigerian market?

The cartel is preventing competitive telecom firms entering Nigeria telecom market.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Are Actually Giving Away Your Personal Data When You Copy And Paste It / What Intelligent People Do With Their Phones / DO NOT POST ADVERTS IN THIS SECTION !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.