Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

The True Evil Effects Of Sports Betting On Nigerian Youths - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The True Evil Effects Of Sports Betting On Nigerian Youths (794 Views)

Tobi Adepoju Blasts Jay Jay Okocha After Comments On Nigerian League / 8-Year-Old Boxer, Shekinah To Be Adopted By Ministry Of Sports / 'Messi Aigbe' Trending On Nigerian Twitter After Barcelona's Loss To Liverpool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Evil Effects Of Sports Betting On Nigerian Youths by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2023
In Nigeria, gambling and sports betting have grown in popularity, especially among young people. Although some people see it as a harmless activity, gambling can actually have very harmful effects on those who partake in it. In this article, we'll look at some of the specific negative consequences that gambling and sports betting have on young people in Nigeria. Courtesy of Aza Online Community.

Addiction: One of gambling's most dangerous side effects is addiction. In the case of addiction, a person is unable to cease engaging in a behavior despite the detrimental effects it has on their lives. This may entail devoting all of their resources to gambling, skipping out on obligations like job or school, or even turning to crime to support their habit.

In Nigeria, gambling addiction is a severe problem that affects a lot of young people. Although the promise of quick cash can be alluring, the fact is that the vast majority of gamblers ultimately lose money. This may result in debt, money problems, and even bankruptcy. Gambling addiction can also cause people to neglect their physical and emotional health, which can result in a variety of health issues.
images (24).jpeg
Financial difficulties: For people who partake in gambling and sports betting, financial difficulties can arise quickly. Even while the promise of quick cash can be alluring, the vast majority of gamblers ultimately lose money. This may result in debt, money problems, and even bankruptcy.
Gambling and sports betting can be especially harmful for young people. Many young individuals do not have a consistent source of income, which may make them more prone to financial issues. This may result in debt that is challenging to pay off and potentially a lifetime of financial hardships.

Problems with mental health: Gambling can have detrimental impacts on mental health. Gambling addiction can lead to mental health issues such as anxiety, sadness, and other issues. These issues may be made worse by the monetary issues that frequently arise from gambling.
In addition, the guilt and shame linked to gambling addiction can harm mental health. Addicts may feel guilty and ashamed about their actions, which can result in a variety of mental health issues.

Criminal activity:: People who are dependent on gambling may occasionally turn to criminal conduct to support their addiction. This can involve prostitution, embezzlement, and theft. Such actions can have serious repercussions, such as jail, fines, and reputational harm.
Criminal conduct can have detrimental effects that last a lifetime for young individuals. A criminal record can make it difficult to get a job or a place to live, and it can even lead to discrimination and social stigma.

Relationship issues: Issues in relationships can also result from gambling. Gambling addiction can cause people to neglect their loved ones and friends in favor of their habit. As a result, partnerships may become strained or possibly end in separation or divorce.

Additionally, the financial issues brought on by gambling can strain relationships. Tension and disagreement may result from partners feeling betrayed or enraged about the loss of money.

Academic problems: Gambling and sports betting might have detrimental consequences on students' academic performance.

Source: Aza Fintech Online
https://www.aza.ng/losing-money/real-evil-effects-sports-betting-nigerian-youths-t474.html

Cc: Lalasticlala

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The True Evil Effects Of Sports Betting On Nigerian Youths by silvoclaira: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
Its really a terrible experience

1 Like

Re: The True Evil Effects Of Sports Betting On Nigerian Youths by septoxid: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2023
I have always believed that if young people are interested in sport, the future will be good, because sport is movement and health embarassed

I wanna say that I completely agree; it's indeed a concerning issue. I've seen the negative effects of sports betting firsthand, and it's heartbreaking to witness how it can spiral into addiction, financial problems, and strained relationships. I enjoy the bonusbet slot sometimes after work, and it helps me relax. If everyone is careful and has a life outside betting, it will be fine!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The True Evil Effects Of Sports Betting On Nigerian Youths by Sportsolutions2(m): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
septoxid:
I have always believed that if young people are interested in sport, the future will be good, because sport is movement and health embarassed

I wanna say that I completely agree; it's indeed a concerning issue. I've seen the negative effects of sports betting firsthand, and it's heartbreaking to witness how it can spiral into addiction, financial problems, and strained relationships. I enjoy the bonusbet slot sometimes after work, and it helps me relax. If everyone is careful and has a life outside betting, it will be fine!

Liked and Shared.

We Truly Need To Sensitize Youths To Stay off Betting. And The Easy Way To Achieve This is To Help Them Provide A Better Leverage To Trading Sensibly and Profitably.

Check What is Ongoing Here Already:

https://www.nairaland.com/7869809/take-risks-lose-lose-only
Re: The True Evil Effects Of Sports Betting On Nigerian Youths by Sportsolutions2(m): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
septoxid:

How Does BonusBet Work Anyway?
Re: The True Evil Effects Of Sports Betting On Nigerian Youths by Sapeleboy911(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2023
Some of you can be very funny and act weird. The write-up was about the devastating effect of sports betting on Nigerian youths. Yet most of you are still posting links to betting-related activities and threads, even after condemning its effect. Stay away from hard drugs, yet you dey show me store wey dey sell better hard drugs.

(1) (Reply)

The Bane Of The Rossoneri / How Long Will Nfa Give Coaches The Enabling Environment To Succeed! / The Asian Cup Has Started.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.