Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? (3911 Views)

Naira: Tinubu Will Shock Currency Speculators – Tope Fasua / New Naira: Tinubu Didn’t Direct Govs To Disregard Buhari – APC PCC / Between Channel TV Host Chamberlain And Tinubu Spokesman Who Was Defending Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by Biodun556(m): 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
cool economic experts should educate us

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by Biodun556(m): 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
grin
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by Biodun556(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
N
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by SadiqBabaSani: 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
ask Emefiele

1 Like

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by Biodun556(m): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
ask Emefiele
he is in custody

3 Likes

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by Ogene001: 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
You clapped for both. Ndi Ara

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by mrvitalis(m): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2023
Biodun556:
Floating through naira is the best long-term policy

But can you withstand the effects? Especially when you are an unpopular candidate

If fuel goes to 850 diesel 1000 , car import duty 50% increase would tinubu with stand the pressure?

Trust me subsidy n fixed naira was a policy of bribe to the middle class to allow government steal

If you remove it, then you must work, perform, your fiscal policy must be spot on, economy must grow, job must be made available

But tinubu ideas can't guarantee this stuff... He would most likely build worthless infrastructure with near zero economic potential like the rail system

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by skj1377(m): 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
The 11billion spent to defend Naira went to private pockets .it was pure round tripping. Well let's see how it goes but I know the masses will suffer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by onatisi(m): 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
definitely, the rate will go high, but once it becomes too high, people will get discouraged and may lose interest in fx , but defending the naira against the dollar and making the trade attractive is very counter prodiuctive.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by abhosts(m): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2023
Nigerians are always so engrossed in wishful thinking instead of critical thinking.

So poor forex revenue from oil sales would suddenly disappear because some restrictions have been lifted on how Banks buy and sell USD?

The fact remains that the country is not earning enough from exports to fund Nigeria's imports so the Naira would continue to lose value and cost of living would continue rising.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by Ofunaofu: 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2023
abhosts:
Nigerians are always so engrossed in wishful thinking instead of critical thinking.

So poor forex revenue from oil sales would suddenly disappear because some restrictions have been lifted on how Banks buy and sell USD?

The fact remains that the country is not earning enough from exports to fund Nigeria's imports so the Naira would continue to lose value and cost of living would continue rising.

Apt

1 Like

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by joyandfaith: 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
Biodun556:
It depends. Without fixing corruption, no economic theory would work in Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by joyandfaith: 7:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
skj1377:
The 11billion spent to defend Naira went to private pockets .it was pure round tripping. Well let's see how it goes but I know the masses will suffer

Exactly.
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by nedu666: 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2023
skj1377:

Wrong. Every currency whose price is determined by the dollar must defend it using their reserves. Even china does it. Failure to do so will result in severe economic dislocation. As long as you don't produce and export enough, u can't control the supply side of forex. U can limit the demand side through import restrictions. If u choose not to limit the demand side, then expect serious inflation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by ayokellany: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
With you antagonist nature of anything APC one can clearly deduce following you advice is the biggest mistake any rational being can take

mrvitalis:

But can you withstand the effects? Especially when you are an unpopular candidate

If fuel goes to 850 diesel 1000 , car import duty 50% increase would tinubu with stand the pressure?

Trust me subsidy n fixed naira was a policy of bribe to the middle class to allow government steal

If you remove it, then you must work, perform, your fiscal policy must be spot on, economy must grow, job must be made available

But tinubu ideas can't guarantee this stuff... He would most likely build worthless infrastructure with near zero economic potential like the rail system

1 Like

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by wegevv: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
Biodun556:

If the incompetent PMB didn’t defend the naira for no economic reason other than “national pride” (and for his family to loot of course) we wouldn’t be in the position

Let’s focus on the future please ❤️
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by TheOldGods: 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

it's useless . Floating dollar, while everything we do is in dollar. We don't export anything, even the oil we do is now low. How the hell do we earn more dollars to offset this? Me as of today, I converting my money to dollar. Cause eeh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by hedonido: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
Removing subsidy and floating the Naira in an atmosphere of unprecedented, stratospheric corruption and perversion which Tinubu would certainly facilitate is just a tragic joke. Many Nigerians would eat sand and cannibalistically feast on each other for protein. It would be worse than Venezuela and Zimbabwe combined. Na dem sabi. Stupid country of stupid poor people who accept everything thrown at them like defeated zombies. Bastards.

E no concern me, because me and mines are above board and immune to this madness. But the masses who refuse to have sense and do the needful would reap their deserved rewards. Life goes on.

Nuff said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by mrvitalis(m): 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
TheOldGods:
it's useless . Floating dollar, while everything we do is in dollar. We don't export anything, even the oil we do is now low. How the hell do we earn more dollars to offset this? Me as of today, I converting my money to dollar. Cause eeh.
My advice has been provide soft loans to manufactures of import substitute( preferably the biggest importers) and exportable products
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by DeLaRue: 7:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
[quote

But the masses who refuse to have sense and take laws into their hands would reap their just rewards.

Nuff said. [/quote]

I don't see how people taking laws into their own hands will help.

What you're doing is calling for anarchy.

I agree with you that removing subsidy and letting the naira float freely will bring pain.

However, not doing what the President is doing will only postpone the evil day, and that postponed evil day will be worse that any pain that people will go through now.

Better to take the pain now. It is unfortunate that millions of people will be particularly impacted, but postponing these policy changes is not an option.

1 Like

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by wallex1983(m): 7:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Buhari defends, Tinubu attacks.
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by mrvitalis(m): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
ayokellany:
With you antagonist nature of anything APC one can clearly deduce following you advice is the biggest mistake any rational being can take

Like I always say... I am not responsible for what you comprehend

1 Like

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by emerged01(m): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

Cutting off fuel subsidy and unifying exchange rate should increase spending on basic amenities and infrastructures.
How do we even expect Nigeria to grow when our annual budget is around 14b dollar with fuel subsidy compare to that of Texas budget which around 147b dollar. We seriously need more revenue not wasting little one we have on fuel subsidy and defending naira.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by mrvitalis(m): 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
emerged01:

Cutting off fuel subsidy and unifying exchange rate should increase spending on basic amenities and infrastructures.
How do we even expect Nigeria to grow when our annual budget is around 14b dollar with fuel subsidy compare to that of Texas budget which around 147b dollar. We seriously need more revenue not wasting little one we have on fuel subsidy and defending naira.
That's the issue spending on amenities and infrastructure is what tinubu would do and that would sink the economy more

1) the money for subsidy is not even their we used to borrow... So now you borrow for amenities and infrastructure... Which seem good on the surface but economically speaking is a bad decision ....why?

Borrowing would increase our debt servicing but since loan would be spent on infrastructure it won't yeild any significant increase in revenue... So we become worse than we started
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by LikeAking: 8:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
Biodun556:

No b u vote am
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by LikeAking: 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2023
Let's just wait till December leave arguments for now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by Enice(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
All them expert pessimist up there, I greet una
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by id4sho(m): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hyper inflation loading
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by WorldRichest: 10:21pm On Jun 14, 2023
Which Naira Buhari dey defend? The Naira that was exchanging at about 1,000 to One Pounds Sterling, abi another Naira dey ni?
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by Styluss: 10:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
Werey grin grin grin grin
Biodun556:
he is in custody
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by JAMO84: 10:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
mrvitalis:

You were making sense, until you spoiled everything with the usual pessimistic postulation you are known for.
Re: Buhari was defending naira, Tinubu floats naira which is the best policy? by JAMO84: 10:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Everything about this dollar issue is ok, but I am only worried about the supply aspect. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

80% Road Accidents Caused By Human Factor – Agwu / Finally, Jonathan Agrees To A Television Debate / A Northerner Must Emerge In 2015 Or Nigeria Will Divide - Lawal Kaita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.